[Verified by Sentinel] Arianthe Swansong

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Arianthe Swansong

Postby Arianthe Swansong on September 29th, 2012, 12:03 am

Arianthe Swansong

Physical Description

Name: Arianthe Swansong
Race: Human - a quarter Vantha
Birthday: 42nd of Autumn 494 AV

Personality: Very imaginative, Artistic and Creative. Though on first encounter, she may merely seem serious, thoughtful, quiet and even cold and hostile, in many ways she is an intensely passionate and romantic woman with a tempestuous nature which makes her prone to seeming angry and stubborn to those on the receiving end of the brunt of her temper. She can be sweet, but can also be nervous and naive with a very innocent side, even after a long year and a bit of abuse.

Appearance: Long honey blonde hair in waves down to her waist. Large, soulful, dark brown doe eyes framed by long, dark eyelashes. Pale ivory skin with slightly rose cheeks and a peachy glow. Petite with a tiny waist and slim curvy figure. Not traditionally pretty, but has a very intriguing air of mystery and whimsicality, and a beautiful (if a little severe) bone structure.

Character Concept:
Arianthe, though only eighteen, has suffered dreadfully from her past. She is a scarred, frightened young woman. She is scared of getting hurt again and has difficulty trusting people, though secretly longs to be loved and accepted. She is currently studying Magical Studies and Astronomy at the University.

Character History:
Arianthe Swansong was born in Autumn 494, to a rich Zeltiva Merchant family. When she was ten, her Mother and two younger siblings died in a freak accident at the silk market. In due course, Arianthe's father, driven slightly mad by grief and with the future prospect of poverty, decided to offload his only daughter onto a friend. Aged sixteen, she was forced into marriage with a man twelve years her senior who, though considered very handsome and rich not to mention charming in public, was very abusive, accusing her of looking at other men, angry that she had a magical streak and determined to rid her of it - beating, and verbally abusing Arianthe, in doing so making her miscarry twice.
Eventually, after one year of marriage, her husband fell down the stairs in a drunken stupour and after five days in coma, died. Although Arianthe should still be in mourning for her husband and father (who had died a month before) good society turned their back on her and she does not see the point.
Although she was only with him for about fourteen months, Arianthe has changed very much due to her marriage. Whereas before she was a vivacious, witty and vivid personality, charming and confident, she has become introverted and quietly intelligent, prefering to observe the world rather than get involved in it.
She seeks to re-build her life.

Possessions

1 leather Satchel which contains:
- Bone comb.
- Bone-handle brush.
- Soap
- Waterskin
- Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
- 1 eating knife
- Flint & Steel
- A bundle of worthless leather-bound books of Stories which belonged to her Mother. She kept them against the wishes of her husband and father, when he burnt all her mother's things.

Clothing

- Simple White Silk Blouse with bishop sleeves and lace cuffs.
- Long, floor-length thick emerald skirt.
- Black satin hooded cloak.
- Ivory corset.
- Simple underwear including petticoats.
- Ivory calfskin ankle boots.
- Dancing Shoes
- Exquisite Dress of white velvet with off the shoulder bishop sleeves, cut to reveal red silk lining, figure hugging down to the waist then fans out in ballgown mode down to the floor.
- Knee-high brown leather boots.
- Dark Burgundy Red Velvet Breeches
- Dark Burgundy Red Velvet Doublet
- Average End Table, rustic style with thick legs, made out of a bloodwood.

Pet:

Arianthe bought a cat four days after her husband's funeral. His name is Hexe and she loves him with a passion.

Housing:

A Loft in University Quarters. The small room comes free with her University Fees.

Skills:

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Auristics 10SP, 4XP 14/100 Novice
Animation 10SP 10/100 Novice
Acting 15RB, 15SP, 2XP 32/100 Competent
Perfumery 15SP 1XP 16/100 Novice
Poetry 2XP 2/100 Novice
Writing 1XP 1/100 Novice
Childcare 3XP 3/100 Novice
Sewing 2XP 2/100 Novice
Rhetoric 2XP 2/100 Novice
Socialization 1XP 1/100 Novice
Disguise 2XP 2/100 Novice
Observation 4XP 4/100 Novice
Storytelling 2XP 2/100 Novice
Philosophy 3XP 3/100 Novice

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Vani
Poor Language: Ancient Tongue

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100gm 100gm
Cash in House +500gm 600gm
Zeltiva University -90gm 510gm
Silk Gloves -15gm 495gm
Music Book -4gm 491gm
Harp -50gm 441gm
Cat -2sm 440gm 8sm
Exquisite Dress -40gm 400gm 8sm
Dancing Shoes -15gm 385gm 8sm
Boots -5sm 385gm 3sm
Velvet Breeches -4gm 381gm 3sm
Velvet Doublet -2gm 379gm 3sm
Living Expenses Winter 512 -135gm 244gm 3sm
End Table Average -3sm 244gm
University -90gm 154gm

Lores: :
Lore of Zeltivan Culture
Lore of History of the University
Valo, the despairing drunk
Affinity With Children
Charity In Wake Of Horror
Poetic Expression
Invasion Of Curious Eyes
Social Pressure Upon Bold Strangers
Father Issues
Busy Hands
Blush At Honest Compliments
Goated By The Playful
Refusing A Sincere Compliment
Blind To One's Own Faults
Zeltiva: The Kelp Bar
Dressed As A Man
Fake Name: Atticus
Kelp Beer's Taste
Hired As A Zeltivan Guide
An Intoxicated Reaver
Zeltiva: Thugs In Dark Alleys
Reaver: Reimancer
Odin Was the Best Damn Dog
Saving One From Themselves
Meeting Xenil Lightouch
Xenil Lightouch: Mentor
A Married Woman's Perfume
Perfumes Can Invoke Memories
A Younger Woman's Perfume
A Prostitute's Perfume
A Lively Woman's Perfume
Xenil Lightouch's Scent
The Three Types Of Notes

Thread List

FALL 512 AV

14th of Fall - Two Steps out of Place
29th of Fall - Caring for Orphans
32nd of Fall - The drowning of a lonely soul

WINTER 512

3rd of Winter - A message from a Dead Man
4th of Winter - Touring Zeltiva
2nd, 5th and 6th of Winter - The Perfume makes the Man
21st of Winter - Gods made of Stone
27th of Winter - Kelvic Twins
30th of Winter - An Artist's Musings
31st of Winter - A Swim unconducive to Propriety
41st of Winter
42nd of Winter - Going Down A New Path
51st of Winter Through the streets of a deserted Zeltiva
85th of Winter - The Winter Ball
Last edited by Arianthe Swansong on March 8th, 2013, 7:35 am, edited 26 times in total.
Beauty, Truth and Love will prevail, if only we stayed still and happy long enough to let them...
Arianthe Swansong
Maybe one day...

Words: 98235
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Arianthe Swansong

Postby Arianthe Swansong on February 17th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Arianthe Swansong

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Arianthe Swansong... well, it should be Arianthe Madoc, but I reverted to my maiden name after my Husband's Death. Yes, I know. It ends in Song.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No.

3. How old are you? I have been eighteen since the 42nd of this Season.

4. What is your height? I've never measured myself before. On the petite end of average?

5. What is your weight? Again, I have never weighed myself. I am not skinny, I suppose, but I am slim with a figure.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A dark eyed, blonde haired would-be perfumer who plays the harp and secretly dreams of the stage.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. A quiet but confident blonde haired dark eyed young lady.

3. What is your favourite body feature? My ears... or maybe my hair. I am not really very traditionally pretty. My nose is too long, my eyes are too large, my mouth is too wide.

4. How physically fit are you? I do not do much in terms of exercise, though I enjoy dancing.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I like wearing white blouses, with lace and puffed sleeve, quite romantic and whimsical. Then I like skirts in jewel tones and, of course, I never go anywhere without my black satin cloak.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My Father was a merchant trading in luxurious fabric, furs and jewellery, my Mother was the daughter of a very rich merchant. They are both dead.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I did. I had two elder brothers, Dorian and Valiant, who went travelling on a business trip for my father and never came back. I had two younger sisters, both considered very beautiful, who died in an accident with my Mother. So I do not currently have any.

3. What is your extended family like? I have met very few of them. My Father was one of a family of seven children, a famously eccentric family, and my grandparents on my Mother’s side live in Lhavit. Therefore I have not seen them since I was twelve.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I have neither. I should imagine family is more important though. It was more important to me while my Mother was alive.

5. Do you treat animals like family? No. I love animals – my cat is the most important being to me in the whole world – but your family is worth more.

2. Where do you live now? Zeltiva

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Maybe Zeltiva, but I would like to visit Ravok. Or my grandparents in Lhavit. I’d like to travel, but Zeltiva is my home.

4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I have hardly ever left Zeltiva. I have once been to Syliras and once been to Nyka. Of the two, I preferred Nyka.

5. Where do you fear to be? I would hate to be in Sunberth, or at least I think I would. This means that fate, being the way it is, will dictate that I somehow end up there.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) You would notice I am sure if I had a missed limb. I have no diseases, or at least not that I know of. Does a burn count as a scar? I shouldn’t think so. It will have disappeared completely within a couple of years.

2. Are you right handed or left handed? I write with my right hand, but I was born left handed. My mother just thought it was bad luck and forced me to use my right. Now, it does not matter. I write equally well – and may I note that I have very good handwriting – with both.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I am fluent in Common of course, and I can get around in Vani. I do not have an accent when I speak common, unless I state it as being educated. I do like my voice though. It's one of the things about me which I am genuinely very proud of, not to be arrogant. It is deep and musical, with a very rich, dulcet texture.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I get distracted. By beautiful things... and beautiful people too. Other than that, no, though many people call me eccentric.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? I do not want any and do not have any. I don't want to permanently mark or damage my body.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I am a student, also training to be a perfumer.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I don't work, and if I did, I would not do it if I did not enjoy it, at least most of the time.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? An Actress, but it's too shocking and not very respectable. I won't ever be one. I suppose I'd like to be a mother too... I like children.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? There are so many. I would say Doctor but I have had bad experiences with Doctors. With that in mind, I'll state that the occupation I admire most is midwifery. Bringing a small being into the world and helping the mother is a lovely thing.

5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I don't know. Prostitution, I suppose. Then again, if I was forced to choose between selling my body and starving, I'd sell my body. Every time.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? Loud. Very Loud. Nobody believes me when I say it, but it's the solid truth. I was vivacious, witty, loud, fun... I suppose I was also a coward too but I was so headstrong and stubborn, never thinking things through, that I would put myself in dangerous situations from which I needed rescuing, generally from one of my two elder brothers.

2. What is your favourite memory from childhood? The day my brother, Valiant, sneaked me out of the house to watch a troupe of dancers perform on the main square, a dance involving them slowly removing veils covering their body one by one, but it was not in a decadent way. It was beautiful, like goddesses preparing to bathe ina river. Or maybe it was when Dorian woke me up in the middle of the night to watch shooting stars fly across the sky, and he made me a hot chocolate then sang to me when I went back to sleep. He had a really beautiful voice. Really, really beautiful - I've never heard anyone sing better, now or in the past.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood? It was when I was nine. I was sitting on the staircase close to midnight having had a nightmare, and overhead my parents talking in my father's study. By this point, my brothers had not been seen for six months and my Father told my Mother that they were probably dead and she shouldn't keep her hopes up. That hit me hard. I cried. And cried. I am not sure when I stopped.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? We had a loving relationship. They were loving, affectionate, protective and I'd say that they spoilt me and made sure I lived a very sheltered life. That said, I did not see them all that much - my mother was very beautiful and a member of the social elite, always at some sort of social gathering, while my Father was alway working.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My Brothers. Of the two, I am not sure, but I think I'll go with Valiant.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I was brought up with a general tutor, then a couple of other tutors in different subjects. I had to cut my education short when I married, but now I have enrolled at the university.

2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning. Knowledge is one of the things people should live for. Of course, it depends on what I am learning. There are a few, but very few, things which I find too dull.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Childhood, then experience. That's how people should learn. You can not just read books and memorise things.

4. How do you learn best? Reading books and memorising things... yes, I know what I said. I am also quite a practical learner.

5. What are your educational goals for the future? I would love to learn to paint and draw. I'd like to be tutored. Then there are many other things, many other skills I wish to acquire.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Not anymore. I wish I could. I wish I had somebody in my life. Above all, I wish my brothers would return.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No. Not at all, though I used to be very trustworthy. I liked to see the best in people and believed that in general people wanted to do you more good than harm. I think I was wrong.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I've only ever been attracted to men.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. The first time was grotesque and bestial, I was frightened and it hurt. It hurt like mad. I don't want to talk about it, but I will state that it was with the man I was forced to marry.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. I am not describing my first time. It created the same sensations as my first kiss, but amplified ten fold.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Once. When I was seventeen, and I got punished for it. It was after my first miscarriage. I wanted the world to go away, to leave me alone.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? I do now, but not in excess.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? White Wine - it's like red wine but lighter and sweeter.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No. I think I would like to though. Sometimes I get very sad and I have bad memories I would sooner together.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? I like alcohol. I have never tried drugs, though I believe the key to everything is moderation.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? So many. I am quite cultured with a love of beauty - Art, Music, Architecture, Theatre, Literature, Fashion and, of course, nature. I play the harp, I practise magic sometimes and I am working on making perfumes. I act, but I keep it quiet. Actresses don't have much of a reputation. I also enjoy observing people's cultures and customs.

2. Do you like to read? All the time.

3. What annoys you more than anything else? Ignorance.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? I write poetry and, of course, I read.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Vulgarity and forwardness. It makes me flush and feel like something dirty and tainted.

Favorites :
1. What is your favourite colour or colours? I like rich jewel colours, and I'd say my favourite colour is Emerald Green. Either that or the light ambery gold of honey. It's luminiscent and warm.

2. What is your favorite time of day? Early mornings, when the dew is settling and the grass is nestled with cuckoo spit. When there is nobody around but a couple of milkmaids or maybe an artist who could not sleep. When the sun casts beautiful colours across the sky and rises through the coloured panes of windows. When the mist is low and swirls around your ankles.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? A Tree. In winter, it's leaves bear and water frozen to it, icicles dripping down the side of it. It made it look like pure magic, especially when lit up by the evening stars.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I am really not very picky. I like eating good food, and there is very little I do not like. I suppose I am not particularly fond of anything too sweet. I do not have a sweet tooth.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like storms - they make the sky light up and I like the sound. My Brother, Dorian, used to tell me it was the sound of the gods making love. I know he shouldn't have, bearing in mind my age, but he did... and I am glad he did. I like to pretend that there is more love in the world than there is.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I used to be optimistic, but now I am more of a pessimist. Life has proved there is no point in optimism. People disappoint. Then again, I can see the beauty in everything.

2. What are your religious views? I believe in the Gods and Godesses, but I do not follow a particular one.

3. Would you be able to kill? Can we move on?

4. What are your views on sex? It should be a beautiful thing, but it generally is not. From my personal experience of it, it is horrid and degrading.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Happiness and Love, but it does not happen to me. Acquiring knowledge is important.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Getting married was a mistake. Yes, I was forced into it, but I should have fought harder to avoid it. I should have run away. Selling my body would have been preferable to what I went through as a result of it. The best thing, and what I am proudest of, is that I never ended my life during my marriage, though there were times when I really badly wanted to, and after it, I managed to rebuild a life for myself.

2. What is your greatest regret? My marriage.

3. What is your best/worst memory? My worst memory... you'd have to take your pick from any involving my husband or, maybe as before, learning that my brother's were dead. That devastated me. My best memory? As above, but if you want something different then the day I bought my cat, Hexe.

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Do you really have to ask? I wish I'd never been married. It's rather simple really.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Apart from rebuilding my life, I am most proud of the way I go to the orphanage twice a week to tell stories to the orphans.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I'll be honest here, but usually I am not very, unless I know them well. If I know them very well and like them, I would say I am very honest.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Not that I know of though I suppose I always suspect handsome men of wanting to do me harm.

3. What makes you happy? So few and so many things... Love, I suppose, would make me happy. Beauty, Children. Children make me happy. There are many other things too.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Nothing. Nobody.

5. What makes you angry? People who refuse to help when they could, and people who treat me like a child.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? The way they deserve, though I try to be kind. That said, I can be cruel if I lose my temper. I try not to, but sometimes I can not help it.

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Nobody anymore. It would have been my brothers, Valiant and Dorian, but they are dead. Now, my cat Hexe, is the most important being in the world to me.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Again, my brothers, but also the University Professors. They know so much. I should revel in that knowledge.

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. Why do you ask when you know the answer? An ideal lover? Passionate and Romantic, maybe a little possessive but protective and gentle. An interesting face and tall. Also, a nice voice. Deep.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why. If my brothers were still alive, I would trust them. Otherwise, no. Nobody. I don't want to be hurt again.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I hate to say it, but I like conflict. It makes my heart beat faster and I feel alive. It is like a rush of adrenaline.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? I don't know. I do not have many social situations.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Maybe I'd enjoy it. I probably would not. Not until I knew at least a few members of the group rather well.

4. Do you care what others think of you? Yes. No. I don't know. I try not to.

5. What do you think of others, in general? People always disappoint.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? Imagination? I am creative and artistic. I have initiative and I am very intelligent, though I hate to sound like I am boasting. I do not like talking about my own strengths.

2. What is your greatest weakness? Not trusting people, then trusting them too much.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My past.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Both. Often at the same time. It's hard to explain.

5. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy. Very messy.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? I am not religious, but I think very highly of Qalaya and I like Priskil and Cheva... I also thing there is something romantic about Kelwyn. Maybe they could help me. I feel so much like a lost cause so much of the time.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don't think I really fear any. They have better things to do than throw their wrath down on me. I suppose Vayt.

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? No.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I am not sure but, if I had to, I suppose I'd travel anywhere.

5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Murder, harm and public humiliation. I am not a toy for the gods to play with.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Nothing. I live for the sake of living. For Beauty and for my future. I'm hopeless really.

2. What is the best part of life? When one is happy.

3. What is the best part of death? Being at peace. Not having to suffer.

4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Old. Very old. And Quickly. I don't want it to hurt.

5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? I won't be remembered, so why ask? I wish to be, but I won't be.
Beauty, Truth and Love will prevail, if only we stayed still and happy long enough to let them...
Arianthe Swansong
Maybe one day...

Words: 98235
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2012, 8:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet