To Meet, To Dance, To Fall (Kail)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 14th, 2010, 6:45 pm

81 Day of Spring Year 510 AV

After finishing his herbalism class Taithrosa departed from the Opal Temple and its school to find himself alone on the beach. He really didn't need much shelter during this warm climate, and the islands almost tropical climate made it even less critial for him. Durning the night the moon gave him sustances to live on and so made it only really important to eat once and while during the day light hours during Syna reign.

He like watching the water. It was as close to a mother as he had in this life. It was from the water that he had emerged on to Mizahar again. It had been the womb for his new birth. His silver eyes looked over the water as he walked. Eventually he came to an area that seemed peaceful enough for him to just sit and watch the water. So he pulle off his shirt and sat down just letting the rays of Syna touch his dark blue skin.

Even sitting down he was a large man and stood out epescially on this fair skinned island. He didn't really do anything just sat there watching the water. He slipped off his boots and placed the balls of his feet together and closed his eyes straightening his spin and just sitting there with his eyes focused on the water. He was doing a shallow form of meditation, just clearing his mind and experiesing it to keep it sharp. He wasn't doing much else just relaxing. He had discovered that meditation was relaxing and seemed to offer his a new freedom of mind.
Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 16th, 2010, 3:40 am

81 Day of Spring 510 AV

Kail walked along the beach heading south. She gazed out over the bay thinking about the last few days and all that had happened, happy to have a chance to go visit the Crystal Caves, quietly pray and reconnect with the spiritual side of being Konti. It had been a perfect day, sunny and clear, and the coming sunset promised to be breathtaking. She knew the last rays of the sun would light the caves in a perfect glow and she wanted to be there for it. In spite of the need to hurry if she was going to make it by sunset, Kail couldn’t make herself go too fast because she so enjoyed the sun on her skin, lighting up her fair skin and bringing out the extra violet in her scales.

Her leisurely pace slowed even more as she saw a figure ahead of her on the beach. The male shape was large and out of place for Mura and Kail was torn with curiosity to see what stranger was ahead and the desire to avoid delays on her way to the caves. Her natural curiosity won out, but she stepped further up the beach, hoping for enough distance to be able to pass with a polite acknowledgment but close enough to see more of the stranger. The closer she got the more she wondered about the man. He seemed to be staring at the clear water and was unmoving. Maybe she should check on him to make sure he was okay? Or would that be interrupting? No, she would hurry by and see if she could find out more about this blue-colored person later.

This decision made, she moved forward with slightly more confidence and speed and was soon near his spot on the beach. He really was very tall, and his skin was so blue! It really stood out against his dark hair. “What a strange person. Can he live here?” she thought. He didn’t move and Kail was happy that she was going to be able to look without making any contact.
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Words: 76426
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2010, 6:00 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 18th, 2010, 2:54 am

Taithtrosa blinked as he heard someon moving behind him. His silver eyes returned for the blank stare and his mind took up gear again. He turned his head and looked at were he had heard the sound. His eyes looked upon the image of a beautiful woman. Her violet eyes seemed to stand out against her pale flesh. The light sent a stream of color along her scales gave her an even more exotic appearances. He had seen plenty of Konti in his couple days on the island, but she was the first he had really seen outside the city and in direct sun light.

He looked at her as she stood there their eyes meeting. Eventually he smiled at her his white teeth standing out against his dark blue flesh. "Evening." He said in his deep voice that seemed to carry even throught the ground. "It is a beautiful sun set and the waves are so peaceful." He said by way of conversation. His deep voice did carry a strange accent. He was an Akalak and that might explain it but there was something almost exotic and forign about that accent. It was like a song were you expect the movement to go on direction and your mind is prepared for it but in the end it falls short of the glory you imagined. "Did you come to enjoy the sunset as well?" He asked not sure why but wishing to speak with this woman more. There was something almost familiar about her.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 20th, 2010, 5:18 am

Her plans for a polite and passing nod were shoved out the door as her body seemed to stop of its own accord and she found herself staring at this man and thinking about his deep, musical voice.

She wanted to respond, but wasn ‘t sure her voice would work. “Not again!” Kail thought, as she lowered her gaze to give herself more time, then she smiled and said “Hello. Um… yes?” feeling that wave of embarrassment that always accompanied a show of her social deficiencies. She wasn’t usually at her best meeting new people, especially mainlanders, be she didn’t have to sound so unsure or have this moment of not knowing what to say. Now she was just standing there, motionless and silent. She couldn’t help it! It felt different to look at him. It put something in her mind that blended strangely with the usual awkwardness. She almost wanted to keep looking at him, to gain all she could from his look and maybe get him to talk again. He seemed willing, but if she didn’t say something else, she might lose her chance. And anyway, what must he be thinking? Undoubtedly how rude she was! Maybe he was new and would think all Konti were so, well, brainless sounding. She could feel the blood creeping into her face. She didn’t dare look up again and so she began to lift her foot to start passing by. “Just start moving,” Kail told herself. “At the cave I can put this all behind me. Or try anyway,” Kail amended as she remembered his steady and curious gaze and the tingly feeling it brought. This made her stop again and look up into his face. “It is lovely.” Her voice was strangely confident. “Do you come here often?”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 21st, 2010, 2:35 am

Taithrosa smiled as she spoke. His grey eyes sparkled and he motioned for her to join him watching the sun set. He found her violet eyes strangle fasinating. He wasn't particularly surpriesed to find her shy or confused. He was a stranger being very friendly.

"I visit here ever evening I have been in Mura." He said in all honesty. "Which has been two days now." He add with a soft smile. His voice was deep, and that gentle accesent that was there was some soothing.

He smiled and the again motioned to the spot besides him. "You can watch with me if you like. Unless you have to be some were." He hoped she would join him, he hadn't meet many people on Mura but something about her just interested him. They way she shly moved and spoke. He swore he had heard that voice before, and he wanted to hear more of it.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 22nd, 2010, 4:44 pm

Kail was surprised that he so easily welcomed her to join him. He didn't even know her name. She didn’t know his either! This was moving quickly. She didn't want to be rude, though, and she really did want to learn more about this stranger. While we was very large and clearly powerful, he seemed civilized and not threatening to her. And as a new outsider, he did need to be welcomed. She might be able to learn more about his people and ways, or help him learn about hers. She could go to the caves tomorrow; they weren't going anywhere. But he might be. She reasoned all these things through quickly and finally justified moving her small frame forward and on to the sand next to him, but not very near.

Her eyes shown with the light of the setting sun and her face seemed to glow from its own source. As she caught his friendly, slivery gaze, she smiled again and relaxed a little. "Thank you. It will be nice join you." she said. After briefly thinking it through in her mind she went on, "I'm Kail. The city is my home and I'm glad to welcome you so soon after your arrival." "I... May I ask your name?" She blushed again and the stumble and hoped it wasn't a rude question for his people. She looked down at her bare feet with their glowing scales as they rested on the soft sand and waited for that enchanting voice to speak again.
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 23rd, 2010, 4:18 am

The silver eyes watched as the beautiful woman took the seat next to him on the sad. He watched as she moved with a grace not seen among the Akalak. She was beautiful and graceful and her movements caught his eye. He let her sit at a comfortable distances from himself and looked at her with a smile and then turned back to watching the sun as it began to sink below the horizon.

He turned his head and smiled at here. "Thank you for the welcome." He said in that deep mysterious voice. "I am Taithrosa Eldytia, and it is a pleasure to meet you Kail." He said his white teeth flashing against his dark skin. It became kind of akward at that point. He looked at her and staried into her violet eyes.

He swore that he knew this woman, but he was sure from were or how. There was defently something though. He swore that he saw flashes of memeories, but the woman who stood in his mind looked differently then this woman, but it was the differances between like a human and a Konti. The woman before him had beautiful violet scales and seemed to shimmer in the sun light. "It is nice to have someone one to watch Syna's departure from this world, and the Rising of Leth." He spoke the last name with great reverances.

He smiled and turned back to watch the sun finish her departure from the sky. As the sky darkened there became a changed over Taithrosa. His cobalt skin changed from its bluish tint. It grew light and fairer. Soon it was as fair as the beautiful skin of Kail. It contiuned to change even more as it began to glow as if from a inner light. The man who sat next to her was not longer the dark skinned Akalak. His body size, and his face hand't changed, other then a slight elogaiting of the eyes, but his skin was fair and glowed like a small moon. His handsome face was clearly visible, and his hair had changed from midnight black to bluish silver. Lastly two crystalian horns sprouted out of his forehead and swept back in gracefull curves along his head. The horns weren't cynical or disturbing, but heald an un earthly beauty.

He smiled and spoke again. "Do not worry it happens to me every night." His voice had changed just slight seeming almost otherworldy, but while still deep it heald a great peace to it. He smiled his handsome face even more handsome in this exaulted state.
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 23rd, 2010, 6:36 am

"Don't Worry!?!" Kail thought. "Don't Worry!!!" She sat down next to one man and suddenly he just sort of changed. She didn't dare move. Maybe she was wrong and staying on the beach alone with a strange man was a mistake. Even if it wasn't this was certainly an alarming development. Kail's eyes must have reflected her concerns and her body shied away. She was afraid. Afraid to run, afraid to stay, and oddly, afraid of never knowing what was going on here. Who was this person?!? Why did her change into this other-worldly, beautiful form? Was he as perfect as he looked?

Her initial alarm slightly fading, anger took its place. She decided she deserved and explanation, and maybe even an apology for springing this surprising, unexpected and scary transformation on her after only a few minutes acquaintance. It just wasn't polite. She tried so hard to be polite and then this. Her now angry violet eyes flashed toward his new eyes and when they met she felt a bit of calm come from the steady, open, gaze. She looked for the same connection that was there before he sprouted horns and changed color. It seemed to be there, but she was still so unsure of the situation.

"Who are you?" she demanded, pulling even farther away on the sand, "and what just happened?" "Are you still Taithrosa? And why are you looking at me that way?"
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on May 23rd, 2010, 7:23 am

He smiled soothingly at her and nodded his head in apology. "I am sorry for not warning you. Sometimes I forget about the change that over comes me when the sun sets and Leth rises in the sky." He didn't make any moves just smiled not wanting to make her more uncomfortable. "I am still Taithrosa Eldytia. But as a result of the Valterrian, this transformation has come upon my races." He looked up at his father, the moon in its sky.

"I once resided in the realms of Leth. I had lived many lives upon Mizahar, and had finally reached that level of enlightenment were I was granted the freedom and rewards of obtaining rest in the realm of my god." He said with a sad smile, his molten silver eyes filled with depth, wisdom, and a tade bit of longing for something taken from him. "But the Valterrian rent a tear through my father's realm as well as that of his beloved's, Syna, realm. Many of their faithful fell..." he paused the sadness and ache clear in his accesent voices. He cleared his throat and spoke again. "fell to Mizahar."

He leaned back so that he had a large hand on either side of his body as he looked at the stars above for a moment so that Kail could understand what he said. Finally his deep voice contiuned, "I am a fallen son of Leth. Brought back to Mizahar to live once again upon its surfaces. This is my true form which can be seen only while my God reigns in the sky." He turned and smiled at her. "I again apologies for not warning you of my physical change. I don't even feel it occur and so it is natural to me. I also apologies for staring but you intrigue me. It is more then just your beauty. I feel a strange kinship with you." His molten silver eyes were open and honest. The depth of wisdom was immense and it seemed as if a thousand lives were locked away in those eyes. "My people, the fallen of Leth and Syna, have greater access to the memories of our many past lives, and I feel that I have meet you in one of my previous lives. I can't seem to remember anything about it and just have a feeling that we have meet each other before."
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kail D'Rea on May 27th, 2010, 4:54 am

Kail continued to look at Taithrosa, her delicate features reflecting her various emotions as she felt them. First the fear and anger in her wide beautiful eyes started to fade, then her gaze started to wander over the unique face before her, reflecting the attentive and thoughtful state of mind that replaced it. Slowly an understanding dawned, creeping out from the eyes to fill the entire face and gradually even change the posture of Kail’s slim body to a more relaxed stance. While she would probably never understand the lofty state or sudden fall of which he spoke, Kail’s open mind and heart held sympathy and she was beginning to share it with this strange person.
While still convinced that it really wouldn’t have hurt him to warn her, Kail decided that she would have to let it pass if she wanted to get to know this god-like person better, and with her curiosity raised by now the remarkable story to go with the already unusual pull she felt toward him, well, she had no choice. Kail decided that she simply must get to know him, if he would allow it.

Of course from what he said Taithrosa might already know her. “I wonder, she thought, if I could learn anything about whether or not we knew each other if we touched,” Kail thought to herself, but since she had always been more interested in cultivating her skills with words then her natural abilities in divination, she decided she didn’t want to try now. And maybe it didn’t matter. It was only important that he had a reason to be interested in her enough to let her get to know him.

As her face changed again to reflect this determination, she decided that she was going to have to step out of herself and be as open and friendly as possible, not only to ensure that would continue to talk, but also to make up for being so alarmed, if she could. She had been scared, and couldn’t apologize for it, but the fear had faded and she hoped the memory would too, though for her it would certainly take a lot of time.

“Thank you for telling me” Kail said, in as light a voice as she could manage. “I meet so few mainlanders I’m not used to the unexpected and I’ve never meet, or even heard of anyone like you. It sounds like such a beautiful life with Leth as your father and if you are willing, I would like to hear more about you and why you chose to come to Mura. There must be so many options in the wide world for you.” Kail gazed out over the ocean as she said these words, her face reflecting the interest she felt for the world beyond her small home. Then she turned to Taithrosa again and smiled, “Maybe you will remember more about how you know me as we speak.”
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next