Making the Intros.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Making the Intros.

Postby Hania on May 14th, 2010, 10:53 pm

Usually I'm not a fan of the 'Hi I'm Bob' things but I'm branching out, for good or for worse. Kinda prefer to lurk around here and their while reading up on the goings on and then jump in once I've got a good bead on things. But...*looks around*....I'd be reading for a while before doing anything lol. That's a good sign though, all of the lore and the world creation make a really awesome template to work from. And congrats on the site, it's really impressive :)

SO, my RP history. Well....I've been around the role play scene for a bit longer than I'd like to admit; started when I was ten and I'm twenty something now. I started off, actually, world developing with an older friend in his D&D games. After that I wrote out short stories that were loosely connected to each other but everything migrated to the computer when I found a, now dead, site with rapid chat.
It was fun until it closed and I had to migrate to a slower chat server. From there it was easier to move over to PbP forums instead of refreshing every two seconds. I've written just about every genre and I have to say this kind of fantasy is my favorite. Star Wars being a close second (I know, I know).

Anyway I found this place through the RPGD, y'all were the only one's that weren't screaming things about Twilight and decided to check it out. I'm glad I did, I haven't seen a site like this in a very long time. I was actually really surprised at how open everyone in the chat was my first log in, usually you have to work your way into the circle but I was laughing almost right away, always a good thing.

But I've rambled enough so here's the basics. I love to write and RP so I'm not going to turn down a chance to write with someone. Ideas, collaborations, and whatevers are always welcome. Critiques and comments about my writing is also appreciated since I'm always trying to make it better. Anywhoo...see ya 'round and Asta.
Hania
Evil Twin

Words: 67496
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 3:40 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Making the Intros.

Postby Siiri on May 15th, 2010, 12:37 am

Good god! A Myrian!

*flails about and looks for Pua*

A MYRIAN! We are three! Hahahaha~

*chokes in mid-laugh*

...anyway, dude, welcome to Mizahar! You just chose the most kick-ass race in the whole game, take my word for it. And don't listen to the others, they spread lies about how cool their races are...lies, I tell you! :D

Nah, just kidding, I'm just excited to see another new Myrian around. We're extremely lacking in violent people IMO. A few more couldn't hurt. Well, actually it would, but not to us. Hahaha!

Anyway, I hope you have fun here, the place is great, the people even greater. ;)
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Making the Intros.

Postby Pua on May 15th, 2010, 2:46 am

~flies in from the top left~

MY-RI-AN! MY-RI-AN! MY-RI-AN!

Aloha and welcome to Miz. As Siiri said, it is nice to see another flesh eating inhabitant of our little jungle. We must unite and Take over the world party!

AND you're digging the Star Wars scene! that makes you awesome. I feel this site has an unfortunate predominance of Trekkies.

Anyway, that's all I got. You'll have fun and I'll be RPing with you so yay!

Aloha,
Mika
Pua
Bald Jungle Hunk

Words: 45470
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2010, 4:18 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Making the Intros.

Postby Satu on May 15th, 2010, 3:08 am

Welcome Hania!

Myrains are... awesome. Some of my good friends are Myrains. Worst enemies also, but who's keeping track?

Remember, Trekkies are not so bad, no matter what Pua says....

Just watch out for the two guys above and you'll be just fine!

Good to have you here!

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Making the Intros.

Postby Alice on May 15th, 2010, 10:14 am

Welcome to Mizahar, Hania, and good to see that the Myrians are increasing!

Also, I think that writing improvement comes almost automatically when you stay around and write posts long enough. It's a really cool side effect, apart from the friendly people. :)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Making the Intros.

Postby Gossamer on May 15th, 2010, 6:19 pm

I love how reading someone's intro gives me a genuine feel for if they are someone I'd like to rp with or not. It's interesting too because you can tell from the number of responses and the length of responses who sort of feels the same way. I can tell from your honest forthright statements in your intro that you'd be a great writing partner.

So, with that being said, Welcome to Mizahar. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, in chat, or in the help desk. We'll be glad to do all we can to get you started.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Making the Intros.

Postby Hania on May 15th, 2010, 7:47 pm

All of these positive waves make me feel happy and fuzzy. :)

Thanks for all the comments and warm welcome.

There totally needs to be a Myrian party, btw.
Hania
Evil Twin

Words: 67496
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 3:40 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook