Closed [Flashback] The Cold has Come

A Zith and a Drykas travel to Avanthal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

[Flashback] The Cold has Come

Postby Crypt on March 17th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Crypt winced as the creature's claws tore apart Xiani's foot, silently hoping that it would not be too serious - after all, medical attention was a tad hard to obtain, especially in the wilderness.

She fights well, and have given me an advantage. Good.

Already snarling, the dire tiger walked towards the Drykas, its movements already displaying hints of being restricted, being unstable enough that Crypt was confident enough to approach it from the front, but still with his longsword held in front of him.

Slowly. Slowly. Move fluidly.

He could feel the Djed shifting inside in subtle ways, bringing that small burst of power to his muscles, already draining little by little. The enhancement would not last long, but he was long used to fighting without it anyway. Then again, he would need every advantage in such a fight as this.

Aiming again at the tiger's left shoulder, Crypt scored a much deeper gash on it this time, which crippled the beast enough such that he was able to move away from the incoming counterattack it had launched. Smirking as he observed the blood starting to flow from the wound, Crypt leapt towards the tiger again with renewed resolve.

Only to falter as it roared in his face, and it body-slammed him.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

[Flashback] The Cold has Come

Postby Lullaby on August 21st, 2013, 5:33 pm

Crypt

Experience
    ♪ Observation: +3
    ♪ Cooking: +2
    ♪ Storytelling: +2
    ♪ Socialization: +2
    ♪ Wilderness Survival: +1
    ♪ Leadership: +1
    ♪ Longsword: +1
    ♪ Acrobatics: +1
    ♪ Flux: +1

Lore
    ♫ Roasting a Rabbit Over a Fire
    ♫ A Curious Zith as Company Tonight?
    ♫ Telling the Story of Maras, Your Strider
    ♫ Xiani Thinks Maras is Your Mate
    ♫ Standing Your Ground Against a Zith Woman
    ♫ Remembering the Loss of Your Father
    ♫ The Light of Madness in Your Eyes
    ♫ Xiani: Having To Prove Her Worthiness
    ♫ Every Zith Has a Job in the Colony
    ♫ Abhorring the Beast Inside
    ♫ The Zith Travel By Night
    ♫ Captivated By the Dark Eyes of Xiani
    ♫ Joining a Zith on the Journey to Avanthal
    ♫ Identifying the Alpha of the Wolf Pack
    ♫ Wilderness Survival: Starting a Small Fire in the Spires
    ♫ Process of Skinning a Deer
    ♫ Roasting Deer Meat Over a Fire
    ♫ Defense: Using the Flat of Your Longsword
    ♫ Using Agility Against a Talderan Tiger
    ♫ Flux: Amplifying Sword Arm to Increase Impact

Notes
Firstly, just a couple notes about your ledger and possessions. Longswords, keep in mind, are on average almost five feet long, so I cannot believe they would fit within your backpack. Also, where is the purchase of your second one? I cannot see it in your ledger, and if it is within assorted purchases, it needs to be specified so STs can easily identify what has been paid for. Also, Drykas have a +10 RB in Riding, not +15, so that should be corrected, please.

This was a good read, I enjoyed the interaction between such different races, and it was done well. Though, timeskips are usually recommended to be started in a new thread, it flowed well and didn't jerk around like I was afraid it might when I noticed you did a timeskip within the thread itself. You played well within your skill level, though I had a hard time imagining he would know how to skin a deer perfectly as he did, so be careful with that next time. Other than that, good work, and I hope to read more from you in the future.

A quiet song to soothe the heart

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade, PM me and we'll figure it out! :)

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous