For me? (Sama'el?)

Sama'el helps to further Xnnn's education about the horses of the Drykas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

For me? (Sama'el?)

Postby Xnnn on October 6th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Fall 8, 512

Xnnn spied Sama’el by the now dormant camp fire, with a largish something in his lap, head bent over it in concentration, hands moving about, handling it with some purpose. It was slightly before the point on the day when Syna stood directly overhead, and most of the various members of the Ankal’s family were off doing something or other. Xnnn had gone out early and managed to bring down two rabbits, which he had resisted eating and brought back to the cook fire. He was planning on gutting and stripping them, as he had seen humans do, to prepare them for cooking. He preferred his meals raw, but he was developing a sense of wishing to do things in a way more acceptable to the humans he would live amongst – for how ever long. That hadn’t quite been settled, at least not in his mind.

With bunnies in hand, he approached the spot where Sama’el was sitting, looking curiously at what the Ankal was working on.

“Can I sit?” he asked. He showed the rabbits. “If you have a knife, I can gut and skin these.” He was still looking at the hide in Sama’el’s hands. “What are you doing, Sama’el? You are making something?”

Xnnn
shadow cat

Words: 76985
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2011, 4:44 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

For me? (Sama'el?)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on October 12th, 2012, 2:07 am

Life had been moderately eventful for the brief space of autumn that had passed: the rebirth of the Sunsinger pavilion, Denen's request that he marry Sandar, a new layer to his friendship with Leto, and the arrival of their Kelvic guest, himself now Drykas by the law of the Strider bond. He hadn't spent any amount of time alone with Achym, but not for any sort of ill feeling. Ultimately, Leto seemed happy to have someone to help, and so Sama'el was happy to have Achym there.

He looked up from his work when he heard the Kelvic approach and speak, smiling his welcome. From what he understood, Kelvics were deferential to human authority. He didn't know quite how their bondings worked, but he imagined it was something like a Drykas to his Strider, and if Achym was going to bond to Leto -- who knew? -- then he might recognize the vaguely pack- or herd-like structure of the Drykas pavilion. Which would make him deferential to Sama'el as well...? He didn't know. All would be well in the end.

"Please do." He pulled his hunting knife from its sheath, turned it over, and offered the hilt to Achym. His nostrils flared, but he frowned, still not entirely used to losing his sense of smell to Oriana's curse. "If that's a fresh kill, you ought to eat it raw. If it's been more than an hour or so, we can wrap it and cook it for you."

Even he had eaten raw flesh, not being as squeamish as the city folk. The Drykas knew how to survive if they knew anything.

He had an yvas in his hands, reinforcing a bit of leather that was starting to wear. It wasn't going to be a permanent fix, but nothing was. Leather was durable, but wore out.

"I'm not very good with leather," he admitted, "but I'm learning. This is an yvas, what we put on our horses to help us ride them. It's much more comfortable for the horses than a saddle. I'm just trying to do some upkeep on it. Eventually I'll need a new one, but I can make it last longer this way."

He was braiding bits into it and securing them properly as Utine Redpelt had taught him, rest her soul, and it was tedious work, but they were not a rich pavilion that could afford to waste.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

For me? (Sama'el?)

Postby Jackalope on December 10th, 2012, 3:15 am

Sam

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Leatherworking +1 Lamenting Your Loss of Smell

Witty Remark Here
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)