Where do we go from here? (Zane)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 17th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Vesper looked a little surprised that he would swing his arm around her like that, though she certainly didn't have a problem with those arms of his. Falchion gave a disturbed tweet as she sunk to the ground, and flew up to sit on the pommel of the gelding's saddle, watching from above. The Glidling sidled next to the wall and stood watching the crowds as Vesper looked at Zane

You don't need to apologize, I mean, I started it on purpose...all my fault really, and you got some coin out of it..

She slides slowly out of his lap so that she was beside him, though his arm could remain around her if he didn't move it. Her deep blue eyes assess him carefully, curiously.

So what do you and your friend do Zane?
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Words: 9561
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 9:36 pm
Race: Human, Inarta

Postby Zane Felix on May 17th, 2010, 11:31 pm

He felt strangely like he wanted to be close, and since she wasn't moving his arm, he felt the warm tingling in his chest as if she wanted it there. With a slight smile, he rested his hand on her hip and looked into her eyes. The innocence in his own eyes spoke volumes to most people, insofar as he had no intentions other than being close to her.

Well, you could have said something... though I caught on pretty quickly. I make a living by staging things like that... or at least, playing dumb and suckering people...

Zane caught himself, blushing rather profusely and looking away. But he didn't let go of her. Oddly enough, though he was embarrassed, he still felt secure near her... though it was probably because no other woman had shown him the time of day in his entire life, what wasn't a damned Konti...

Erm, Soren and I... we're con artists.
Zane Felix
Player

Words: 17166
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 1:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 17th, 2010, 11:39 pm

Vesper smiles, turning back his chin with a finger and looking at him knowingly

What's this blushing, aye? You think a lass would be ashamed of your line of work?
She took heed of where her hand was and lowered it quite suddenly, abashed, but still smiling. This expression turned thoughtful as she leaned against the wall, closing her eyes for a moment as if remembering something. She then turned her gaze back to Zane.

We do what we need to get by, who am I to judge?
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Postby Zane Felix on May 17th, 2010, 11:47 pm

He looked into her eyes, transfixed, and his mouth hung open. He had never been accepted so openly before, and she had touched his face... his face! And it had been such a gentle touch, something akin to caring... one of those feelings Zane hadn't even gotten from his mother when he was young.

His face turned bright red, but he couldn't pull his gaze from her. His words were caught in his throat, and for once, Zane felt like he was in the right place. He gently squeezed her hip, pulling her to him, and wrapped his arms around her in a hug.

Thanks Vesper. You're a good friend.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 18th, 2010, 1:18 am

Vesper bit her lip, smiling as she returned the hug. She didn't know if she had ever had a good friend before...well apart from Skarn. But she had never found qualities she could connect to in a person, at least, not until now.

Thank you for coming back Zane...

She pulled back from the embrace and smiled softly, sliding a strand of his dark hair behind his ear. There seemed to be no one else around to populate the road, even though her senses dimly recognized feet passing them by, and stray glances. Odd, she thought. Her level of comfort usually didn't compromise her need for survival. That's what 18 years on High Peak had taught her...
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Postby Zane Felix on May 18th, 2010, 1:26 am

He smiled, touching her forehead with his bare forefinger. She felt warm, full of life, and her eyes were so full of questions that Zane couldn't begin to understand or even wonder what they were. She just seemed like she had been alone for a long time.

You're welcome. Hey, so... what's the hair moving thing about? And the blushing? I don't get it.

He tilts his head, running his palm down her cheek, not aware that he was looking deeply into her eyes, nor that he was staring hard down at her lips every now and again. Zane felt like it didn't mean anything, or at least, he didn't know it did. Still, he was content to be there... learning about her.

What's your story, Vesper?
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 18th, 2010, 2:01 am

His words make her blush again, just for the mentioning of it.

Your hair is pretty, alright?

Vesper smiles and glances down, though she is unable to tear her gaze away from his completely. She slides her hand over his, feeling the warmth of his skin, then grasps his hand and pulls it downward into her lap, sliding her fingers through his.

Have you heard of the Inarta?
Last edited by Vesper Frostbite on May 19th, 2010, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Postby Zane Felix on May 18th, 2010, 4:53 am

He blinks, noticing that she was holding his hand now. No one had ever done that before, either. Hiding the fact that he was blushing terribly was now impossible, and his face was so warm that he actually began to realize it. Something about this whole situation was starting to feel different to him.

No, I don't think I have. I'm from way to the east, ya know. Stuff like that doesn't get to Mura all that often.

He looks at her hair after a moment, noticing it's red hue and how stunningly beautiful it was. He moved his nose forward to sniff it slightly, his lips pressing gently to her forehead before he jerked back, realizing he was being far too forward for his own good.

Sorry, you smell nice. But nevermind that. Go ahead with your story, Vesper.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

Postby Vesper Frostbite on May 18th, 2010, 1:27 pm

Vesper watches him, biting her lip as he presses his lips against her forehead, she smiles as he draws back, squeezing his hand gently

Ah, would have helped, you had known, but I can start from the very beginning I suppose, first with my people.

She leans on his shoulder, looking out past the people and seeing the high cliff tops of Sky Reach, eyes turning distant

The Inarta are a race born in the mountain tops pretty far from here. We have our red hair, our pale skin, and our birds. S'why I'm so good with them. Up on Sky Reach, there's a lot of different kinds of birds, the one's we're famous for tho', our are riding eagles. They're huge, beautiful, and every child dreams of getting their own. Some do, some find they're skills are better served elsewhere, but when I was growing up, I knew I wasn't going to be one of the people that was better at another skill, I was all eagles...
Vesper Frostbite
Player

Postby Zane Felix on May 18th, 2010, 5:10 pm

He looks down at her curiously, his eyes seeming to roam across the top of her head in wonder. She seemed to love it so much, the way she talked about it all, so what had been the problem? Why had she left?

When Zane responded, he spoke quietly.

So then why leave that life? What was the point of it? Adventure doesn't seem to add up.

Zane naturally couldn't understand loving the place where he was born, in fact, he almost envied her for that. Then again, if she had left, there had to be another reason... but he didn't want to pry too much. She would tell him if she wanted to, and he reasoned that it was fair to say she probably wouldn't, but a guy couldn't help hoping.

He leaned over a bit, resting his cheek on the top of her head. He just didn't follow those implications the way most people did. He held her hand, his face still blushed red, and smiled softly.

Oh, never you mind. Keep the story up.
Zane Felix
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext