[Endrykas] Sealing Deals [Self-Mod]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Vanator on May 17th, 2010, 6:56 pm

Timestamp: Early Spring, 510AV
Purpose- Establish Income
Status- Self Modded, Closed

The Ankal's son entered the pavilion and wandered past the boltss of cloth and garments arranged neatly on tables, to the side where the various leather goods were displayed. The Threaded Hide was familiar to Vanator, having purchased both garments from the Wovengrass' and leather items from the Heidecraft family. It was the latter that he sought that morning.

A man approached Vanator, clad in a leather apron, his face as etched and leathery as the products he produced. "How can I help you, the young one's usually mind the shop, but it seems someone has made sugarbread and they all suddenly disappeared." He laughed, Vanator politely joining him.

"Well, actually, I wanted to discuss some business." Van began, putting on his best negotiating smile. "I do quite a bit of hunting, I enjoy getting out into the grass and all. I usually bring home more than I need, or even those few of my Pavilion with me. I am looking for someone interested in purchasing some hide on a regular basis."

He let his eyes linger on the leatherworkers dark gaze. It was a tactic that his father used, he said it conveyed confidence and sincerity.

The merchant smiled. "Well, what we do get comes in irregularly, would be nice to get some regular-like. But it can't be all hacked up." His finger shot up accusingly. Vanator balked for a moment, as if the man somehow knew of his occasional use of his battle ax to finish a kill.

"No, of course not, good clean hides!"
Vanator promised.

"Fine then, when you get something bring it around to the back. If its good stuff, I will pay you fairly for it."
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Vanator on May 17th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Next Vanator visited the Trough. He was familiar with the brothers who owned it, as he showed up often to see Pygmy sing. More than once one of them had to walk her back to his tent.

It was early, as far as tavern hours go, and Vanator was greeted by Erys Fouroats as he fluffed up some cushions around a table. "Hey Van, kind of early, Pygmy's not here yet."

"I know, I was looking for you or your brother. I have a proposition, would you be interested in getting a little more fresh meat for the menu?" Van smiled, leaning against one of the large support poles.

"Sure, if its good stuff, no chewy little rodents or scrawny birds." Erys laughed.

The two Drykas agreed upon the pay for various types of game, and sealed the deal with a handshake. Vanator had managed to find one other tavern and a butcher willing to pay for game as well.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)