Meeting a Munchkin(Lizzy MacBeth)

It's starts off with a missing cat, and an owner's name of "Lizard"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Antar on October 29th, 2012, 5:02 am

Antar Noth was running. Running as he usually did every morning, only today he had brought along a bit of extra weight on his shoulder. This time, in the form of the falcon kelvic he kept as a pet.

Well, not really a pet. He had to retrain Ellise after she and her fool of a brother had tried to kill him one day out in the woods of Sunberth. So far she made a fine hunting buddy and a passable extra set of hands in an emergency. For now though, she was doing quite well, well enough for him not to keep the chain on her collar at least. So for today things were going rather good.

He had worked up a genuine sweat jogging about the city, taking a bit of time to jump over a set of rivasola's that made an interesting path across a canal before taking a sideturn into an alley.

That's where things took a wrong turn, literally as a darting shadow flitted across his path. A furry streak of terror as a wayward cat , being chased by the hungry jowels of a few wild dogs. One little yip dog of the pack chasing the cat looked at him and growled, so he stepped close and gave it a good kick. The punt made the frothing pup go sailing, sailing aways away only to land in a splash in a canal.

Hearing a yowl of a dog from down the alley, and a hiss of an ornery feline, Antar amusingly shuffled himself forwards with a skip in his step. At very least it might be amusing to try to find out what the fuss was about.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 30th, 2012, 2:58 am

Fall 1st, 512AV
Morning

The day had started out wonderfully, waking up, dressing, readying herself for public veiw, eating, all that jazz that went on in the morning. Everything was perfectly normal, Macey was bothering her, vieing for the young womans attention so she picked the feline up and scratched behind her ear delicately "does my baby want to come with me today?" Lizzy questioned the cat lightly, even cooing a bit, the response was a simple meow and cuddle; making the woman chuckle a bit and comply "alright, alright, but remember to come home." It was a simple, one sided conversation, if anyone had been watching they would have thought her to be an over dramatic cat lover; in that retrospect, Lizzy was.

Leaving the house with Macey in her arms, Lizzy stepped out the door and locked it behind her with a slight skip in her step. The blue tabby was always complacent when it came to being held, yet that was when things went wrong, the tabby went nuts on Lizzy, claws digging into the young womans skin and then flying away at the speed of light from the pack of dogs growling at the cat and woman. The dogs followed the cat like demonic spawn from hell, yipping and barking, it was a disaster; the only thing was it had the small woman in total shock over the incident. Only after did Lizzy register that her blue tabby could quite possibly be devoured by those mongrel scum canines that she high tailed it after them, holding her dress up a bit so she could run better.

And to be honest, she was having trouble running regardless whether she was wearing a dress or not. Such physical activity wasn't had often and only after a few canal paths later did she start to limp in her shoes from a lack of oxygen. That corset wasn't helping either and she could feel it digging hard into her sides with every stride "Macey??" Lizzy said a little breathlessly as she saw something swimming in the canal, she watched it yelp and recognized it to be one of the dogs from the pack earlier. Eyes widening and a renewed vigor coming to her again, Lizzy looked down the alleyway to see a man walking further into the alleyway, she shouted, or rather called out to him.

"Hey-" she started breathlessly "hey you there, sir," she began walking into the alley after him, a hobble in her own step "have you seen a cat? A blue one, she-she was being chased by some dogs.." Lizzy was on the verge of tears, what would happen to her Macey if she didn't escape those vermin? Lizzy must have looked awful with her hair in a sweaty knotty mess, and her face and neck covered in scratches from Maceys succesful attempt to get away from her master because of the dogs.

OOC :
I hope this didn't steal your gusto.. o.o But you also forgot the date, so I put it in this post. :3

Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Words: 27215
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2012, 11:24 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Antar on October 30th, 2012, 5:54 pm

oocNope, went a little light on the first post since it's your pc's cat. As for the date; well being in the middle of a storm certainly makes things rushed ;).

Well, the day certainly was becoming more amusing by the second. First, he got to witness a cat running away from some canines. Got to kick a dog, and then find the feline's rather charming and short(if slightly bleeding and distraught) redheaded owner.

Reaching up to scratch behind the falcon's head, Antar allowed a small crook to his lips. If it had been anyone else, it would probably have been the equivalent of a full smile as he pointed one direction towards an intersection with a side alley. "Oh? Well they went just down there my dear, I think you're on the right track. A pack of wild dogs seemed to be nipping at some creature's heels. Probably looking for their next meal. I had to punt a runt of them into the nearest canal when it seemed to be frothing at the mouth. It was a most unpleasant experience I meant add. Though now that I think about it, perhaps they went that way instead."

Antar 's other arm reached out to point a different direction down towards another alley, plastering a confused expression on his face as if he was unsure which direction the dog's had turned down. Perhaps it was cruel thing to do, but he had a thought that the cat was the one who would come out on top of whatever fight was had. But the day certainly was amusing to him. "Tell you what, I'll help you out if you go search in one direction. And I'll go search in the other. Besides, the faster we get your cat the faster those horrid scratch marks on that rough skin of yours could be tended. You do know you're bleeding right, child?"

Antar smiled a snakeoil salesman's smile,"If that doesn't suffice I'm sure I can send Ellise out to capture and carry your cat back. Don't know about the chances of it being alive though if that happened. Probably fifty-fifty if it tried to fight her. She's very finicky about carrying live animals back to people after all. At least not if it's mice as a gift to the few she likes."

At his words, the falcon cocked its head to the side, sharp beak opening and closing with her talons strectching upon Antar's leather shoulder brace. Her eyes showed her mirth, as her trilling caw seemed to convey a bit of laughter. Ellise wasn't in the need of hunting a cat, but she certainly seemed in the mood to try for a bit of excitement. Her head dipped down in a curve to follow Antar's direct gaze into Lizzy's eyes. As if judging whether there might be a dawning sense of horror in them from the idea of the falcon joining the search.

The real question was; would this woman accept the help which was offered or not? A hiss echoing through the alley, followed by a baying cry seemed to bely an immediate need for an answer.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on October 31st, 2012, 3:10 am

Moving closer until they were at least a full arms span apart, her desperate ears drinking his answer hungerly. Keeping patient with his carefree-ness, how could he be so relaxed when Maceys well being was on the line?! The impatience seeped in as he pointed one way, and then another, her head turning in each direction as he had done so "Well which way? That, or this one?" Lizzy blurted out in between his sentences, her hand sweeping the width of the intersection, her expression becoming more worried by each second passing by, what if Macey was half way across the city now? Stop playing games with me idiot! Lizzy kept to herself, in her head, knowing better than to be curt with someone offering their help, even if it was broadly put.

At the mention of his falcon, only then did she begin to examine the stranger, her eyes drifted to his hidden face and then the black hood around it, the material drank the light up that was filtering through and then there was that bloody bird on his shoulder. Whether it was from the run, the corset, or the thought of her kitty being mauled by rabid dogs, she felt the bad of the day turn to worse and sat in deeply in the pit of her stomach. He was close enough for her to feel uneasy by the mans presence, especially with his height and forboding appearence; maybe this wasn't such a good idea? But her Macey... He was a very shady looking character to her, but Lizzy was desperate.

Time was becoming short, and she may never find her furry feline ever again, the fear and tears turned to impatience and anger; the falcons cry made her glare somewhat at the avian species.

"I know I'm bleeding, and I'm NOT a child," she started off somewhat unsure of the 'fact', bringing her hand to her cheek and patting one of the deeper scratches and looking at her palm, indeed she was. Blinking, she focused away from it, she never did quite like the sight of blood "but thats none of your concern, my cat, Macey, did that because the vermin that jumped out in front of us scared her while I was holding her!" Letting her hand fall to her side, she had straightened out as she was conversing with him, even her breathing had calmed, but she was taking meditative like breaths that made her shoulders rise and fall more noticiably as she controlled it.

"Please, if you want to help-" promptly being cut off by the a yowl and a hiss, Lizzys eyes snapped to the sound before swivelling back over to him "DON'T use that bird, or whatever type of bird it is on Macey! I want her living, not dead, if...if.." she paused, her attention being drawn back to the noises of light barks getting quieter as they moved away "If you help, I will reward you, but if my kitty is harmed by your bird, or yourself, consider the reward off." Lizzy spoke quickly, trying to be as calm as she could, but remaining urgent at the same time, her eyes burning back into his as he looked at her "do 2 gold mizas sound adequete after capture? That is 10x the price I paid for Macey when she was a kitten."
Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Antar on November 2nd, 2012, 1:05 am

""If you help, I will reward you, but if my kitty is harmed by your bird, or yourself, consider the reward off." Antar let a small chuckle echo deep in his throat. The double meaning of such a wording from a more… prurient woman he’d known a lot longer would have been grounds for a rather ironic challenge of sorts.

In regards to this, his inner rogue seemed to he took a second look at his newest… acquaintance. Seeing past the damsel’s scratches to her looks, She had fair skin, large moss green, nay almost grayish blue eyes, frizzy red hair and a very short, lanky build. The top of her head barely came up to his chin. Weighing the circumstances of her distress, he put forth his stirring sense of chivalry against the offer of payment, compared to the possible benefits of assuring her good will towards him. Turning the benefits of each path over in his mind. Finally he came to a decision. Two gold was not much, and it would be a shame to take coin from such a young lady. ”My dear- erh. What is your name child?”

The girl looked at him a moment, noting how her brow furrowed with an internal struggle. Perhaps fraught with the dangers of yielding a veritable stranger her name. Finally though, it seemed she acquiesced after an bit of further barking from down the Alleyway. “Eliza Macbeth”
He allowed a lilting charm seep into his voice, trying to verbally soothe the woman’s anxiety. “Is that a name you choose to let others call you?”

The owlish blink amused him, as well as the consternated clearing of her throat as if she was perturbed he was asking her name while her cat was in danger. “If someone does call me anything else it’s usually Lizzy.”
Antar lowered his head, as if studying a particular break in the cobblestones for a second or two before looking back up at her, “Very well, since I think it’s a sin to take money from a young woman in need the price of my services in securing your cat alive shall be.” A momentary pause was followed up by a sly grin, “A peck of affection on the cheek, and to be allowed to call you Lily the Lizard whenever we meet.”

'He was sure Shai would be laughing so long as he amused himself, and did not let anything serious develop. He was always nice to the ladies after all.

Perhaps a little too nice?

Whatever the case it was an amusing day. Doubly amusing as Noth's terms were met with a stunned moment of silence as he saw her eyes widen farther in surprise. With a quick nod, he spun about as if the deal was already sealed. “Very well then, I’d say it is imperative to move out now. I’ll take this way and you take that way, we’ll meet when we find your bluish furred cat.

On his shoulder, Elisse’s mocking trill of laughter could be heard, as if laughing at poor Lizzy’s expense as Antar turned down the alleyway he knew the cat had gone. He stretched his hearing to the limit to hear some muttering epithets followed by the patter of Eliza’s feet, heading down the opposite direction.
Antar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Lizzy MacBeth on November 9th, 2012, 3:52 am

“A peck of affection on the cheek, and to be allowed to call you Lily the Lizard whenever we meet.”

Lizzys cheeks reddened to a rosy tint, jaw dropping slightly at his request but she had little choice, she was flabbergasted over the 'deal' made and he had already left before she could retort back. Sending Lizzy the other way in a flurry of red hair, speed walking away this time as she scurried about from alleyway to street, to more alleyways in attempt of finding Macey. What was she to say to him when they met up again? Silently wishing she would find Macey first before he did, would she still be bound to give him a 'peck of affection' and to the right to call her Lizard if she did? Why Lizard anyways? Was she that dryed up, flakey, scaley and ugly?

"Hmph," Lizzy exhasperated outloud as she sped-walked around, looking for any signs of the dogs and her cat "we'll see about you getting a kiss out of me," hands clenching into tight fists, beginning to stomp a bit "Rhysol, so help me, that stranger won't get the best of me." Nodding her head curtly, completely and totally talking to herself. Somehow she didn't feel that would be the case when she would find her cat.. How would she fend off rabid dogs? Voiding? That, in it self was extremely dangerous to use for fighting, but if she could do it to one dog.... Maybe she'd be able to intimidate the rest away?

~~Macey POV~~

The cat was dashing down the alleyways with teeth gnashing at her heels, a loud resounding hiss and meow warbled out of her vocal cords as she came to a dead end. Backing up and then arching her back, fur on end and her tail puffed out, claws unsheathed and teeth bared as the cat attempted to scare the pack of dogs away.

One of the smaller ones barked louder at the cat, getting closer to only have a swipe at its nose, whimpering while the others growled menacingly.

Macey quick dashed up some boxes, jumping, while the dogs followed close behind her. Jumping down and speeding off down the alleyway she had once cornered herself into, the scrabbling rabble of mutts storming after. The cat darted out of the alleyway just as Antar would see, with the rag tagged chasing group of feral canines.

OOC :
:ninja: I hope this is okay to do, gives Antar something to work for that kiss~

Lizzy MacBeth
Rhysol is everything~

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal