Flashback Chosen by an Immortal (Coren)

Evalin comes across an interesting boy while exploring the city of snow

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Chosen by an Immortal (Coren)

Postby Evalin on November 3rd, 2012, 4:52 am

13th of Winter, 505 AV

It is strange how Fate will bring two people together, how it can twist even the laws of logic and prediction in such a way that anything is possible. What is it that draws some people to each other? Is it a commonality? A way of living? An ideology, or perhaps simple chance? Perhaps the answer will never be known, or rather maybe it is best left unsolved. What joy would there be left in the world if we knew and understood all of its workings... After all, the greatest and most wondrous events happen through chance.

"My what fresh torture is this?" Evalin mumbled to herself as she walked the snow filled streets of Avanthal, "The buildings are of ice, the roads of snow, and the sky rains forth hail and frost in every waking and reseting moment. Certainly this must be the most cruel form of torture. The damned forest of beasts and brutes was far more bearable than this...

The woman walked the snow filled streets, her cloak pulled tight and her hood kept low. The staff she held in hand was little more than a burden for she had to keep it raised so as not too get it lodged in the ice that covered the city. All around her the immortal witch saw people with the most curious eyes, looking upon each other with gazes that shifted and changed colors like the seasons, And what a curious people that live in this place. All seem to be quite content, but how could they? Though I fear not death nor time, I still sense the dangers posed of this place. Ought I be careful to avoid prolonged exposure to the outside least my limbs harden and my joints cease to bend.

Mumbling a few more words to herself, Evalin raised her head to look up at the overcast sky. A few hints of sunlight rested behind the layered clouds, but the snow fall that continued to rain down upon the city left little hope that it would show itself anytime soon. Shaking her head she continued to walk, searching for... What exactly?

For what reason is there in coming here? It is desolate, empty and dreary to say the least. Would I have chosen a different path than this...

All regrets aside Evalin was here now, though for how long was still left to be seen.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Coren on November 4th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Like the majority of the vantha, coren was trilled to go outside on such a beautiful winters day. True, thanks to the light snowfall it wasn't as good as it could have been but seeing as it snowed nearly the entire year a little bit of snowfall didn't stop anybody who had lived in avanthal for any length of time. So coren decided to ditch the boring and useless tasks of carving both of his parents had tried to do and went outside to seek something he could pass the time with.
Coren carefully peeked outside the door of the carving workplace he had been dropped of in by his parents a few moments earlier. Grimacing underneath his mask as he saw some familiar faces standing outside, if he just walked out they would probably report he legged it to his parents. And his freedom would be cut short quickly.

“Coren, are you thinking of squirming out of your assignments again?” Coren just rolled his eyes, not even bothering to turn around to the carver who had spoken to him. Just looking for other ways to the outside world. “Well of course, we both know that these lessons frustrate the petch out of you and bore me to tears. Not to mention I have no talent nor desire to apply myself in carving or art anyway. It all without a use anyway.” Coren said in a flippant tone, stopping himself at the window and checking if it was locked. Completely unaware of the slowly reddening carver behind him.

“You are impossible like always. Always with your head in the clouds and looking for something interesting instead of something you can use later.” Coren didn't pay it any mind and opened the window.
“Just look on the bright side! At least you won'th ave to replace the wood I waste with every lesson.” Coren said in a cheery voice as he clambered through the window, he knew that his teacher wouldn't leave his post, he had way to many projects to do and finish to have the time to find his parents and report his daring escape. He ignored the few curses that the man threw after him and pulled the window shut behind him. A smile on his masked face as he went of to explore the city in search of something interesting.

Luckly for coren, something interesting was quickly found, a woman who just like him was wearing a full body cloak and a facemask was making her way through the snowy streets, and not only that, she lacked the telltale feeling of somebody else who was marked with morwen”s favor so she was an outsider to. Coren's curiosity was sparked, maybe if he was lucky she was in a talktive mood and he could get her to tell something about the outside world.
He quickened his pace until he was walking right next tot he struggling stranger.
“Nice day isn't it.” Coren started. Being completely honest, maybe it looked dreary to any outsiders, with the sun hardly showing itself, but this was the best weather they got, unless the clouds pulled itself away, when they had a bit of sun. “I couldn't help but notice you where from outside avanthal, do you need some help getting yourself orientated? Most people from outside don't really have any business at the docks,except sailors, but you don't really look like a sailor to me.”

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Evalin on November 5th, 2012, 2:54 pm

"The most vile sort of day. What I would to be gorged upon by ravinous beast than to be where I am now." Evalin replied to the boy who suddenly chose to approach her. She kept her hooded face forward, not bothering to look at the child as she continued, "Begone child I need not from you. I shall not be long upon this place, for now that I have seen it I understand my wisdom in not coming for so long."

Evalin's eyes roamed the structures built from ice and snow, her mind working in mind amusement as she bordered what would happen should a sudden heat wave strike. Though with a shrug she passed this thought on for knowledge that such an occurrence would be the most likely of events in the city of Avanthal. Glancing behind her the woman noticed the boy still followed, and with a sigh she stopped, "Why do you follow me child? Have you not better to do than to be a nuisance to me?"

She would turn then, looking upon Coren with those cold, unfeeling eyes that shown the color of freshly spilt blood. He might notice the dull, almost lifeless look that rested within them. From her emitted an aura that found its origins in the mark of Uldr that rested sealed within her body. This coldness, uneasy feeling was the first sign that someone was touched by this particular god's hand, though most did not know what caused that slight chill of their spine when those undead creatures looked upon then with their crimson eyes.

OOCSorry I took a couple of liberties. Let me know if I should edit and respond however you feel appropriate :D

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Coren on December 13th, 2012, 5:33 pm

While coren hadn't really expected a nice welcome from somebody who was obviously freezing her lady parts off and getting so stiff from the cold she couldn't even walk normally, he hadn't really expected her to snap at him like he just offended her entire family.
“Well if you find this that bad why come to avanthal. Every child knows its cold up north... hey!”
Coren set his jaw in a determined manner and followed the woman as instead of listening to him, as he had at least expected of her, no matter how irritated she was. Still if she thought that was how to get rid of him she had a surprise coming up.

Coren shivered a bit when the woman finally stopped walking away from him and focused on him with nearly unnatural looking eyes, it wasn't the red color of them that threw him off really. But more the fact that her eyes just seemed... dead.
“Well, I approached you because you looked as out of place as a dog in the workshop here, like I told you when I greeted you.” Coren shook of the unease with ease as his growing curiosity about the woman took over. An outsider in avanthal that hated cold and had eyes as if she was dead. Now that was a mystery he would enjoy trying to break apart and get to the center of.
“Also to tell you if you hate the cold so much there are fires going on in nearly all of the public buildings here. Since you are following the road that ends up in the harbors though you are walking away from every single one of them.” Coren said the last part with a smile underneath his pecular mask covering the bottom of his face. “Though if you hate the cold so much why come to our city at all. Everybody knows its extremely cold up here, even in the season when our goddess doesn't hold as much sway here. You here on bussines of some sorth then?”

oocehe, sorry for taking so long :/ school

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)