Solo Job Thread #1, Fall 512 AV

Valerius works at the KRI.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Job Thread #1, Fall 512 AV

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 3rd, 2012, 4:16 pm

Fall 3, 512 AV

„She’s sick!“ the slave informed Valerius as he made his usual morning round through the KRI to feed the Kelvic.

Valerius looked into the cage where a naked, brown haired woman was curled up into a ball and trembling. The floor around her was covered with a brown substance.

She was suffering from a bad case of diarrhea.

Valerius made a step back and covered his nose with his sleeve. He couldn’t stand the smell.

„Take her out of the cage“, he told the slave. „She probably just ate something that was bad for her, but I want her separated from the other animals and examined just in case.“

„I’d rather not have a whole building full of creatures like her.“

He looked at the slave.

„Do you know who fed the animals yesterday evening?“

The slave shook his head, and Valerius sighed. That meant he wouldn't be able to punish anybody right now.

He hated it if there was nobody to punish.

„Make sure that she doesn’t get anything to eat for the rest of the day and give her tea to drink. She needs to drink a lot.“

„And clean up this mess! I’ll come back here after I’ve fed the animals, and I want her cage to look like new!“

He cast one last glance at the cage and the creature inside of it, shuddered and spun around.

Aunt Amanda expected him to clean the cages – and he usually obeyed and did his best – but this here, this here was too much!
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 3rd, 2012, 4:17 pm

Fall 14, 512 AV

„I don’t want to go to her!“ the woman cried. Her eyes were wide with fear, and she looked at Valerius pleadingly.

Valerius looked back at the creature indifferently and replied, „My aunt has need of you. She wants to study the way your kind’s bodies work, and you have been useless to her in all other regards so far.“

Aunt Amanda had tried to breed the woman whose other form was that of a fine, brown horse, hoping that she would get more horses, but all she had gotten were a hyena and some kind of large bird that couldn’t even fly.

„You should have tried harder. Now it’s too late.“

„Please …“

Valerius didn’t react, but unlocked her cage and gave the two slaves that accompagnied him a sign to grab the woman. Aunt Amanda wanted her to be delivered to her laboratory right away.

She felt like experimenting.

„I’ll do anything you want! I’ll please you!“

The Kelvic approached him. She tried hard not to cry as she put a hand on his chest and looked into his eyes.

„I’ll share your bed! You can use me in any way you want. Just please don’t send me to her!“

She had heard what happened in Amanda Nitrozian’s laboratory. Some Kelvic came back, broken in mind and in body, and some never came back.

She slowly let her hand wander lower.

Valerius‘ eyes widened as he felt her touch, and then he abruptly pushed her hand away. How dare she?

„Take her to my aunt!“ he ordered the slaves. „I’ve wasted enough time here!“

„Please ...“ the Kelvic whispered as the slaves dragged her away.

Valerius didn’t say anything.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 3rd, 2012, 4:18 pm

Fall 22, 512 AV

„Out!“ Valerius ordered the bearded, dark haired man. The man whose other form was that of a bear grumbled, but left his cage and sat down outside so that Valerius could enter. The young man was carrying a bucket with water, some soap, a broom and a mop.

Behind him some of his colleagues snickered because he was dressed in silk and velvet as if he were going to a ball rather than cleaning dirty Kelvic cages. After a look from Valerius they quickly turned away though and pretended to be busy with something else. He was a fool, but he was the head researcher’s nephew and part of a very important family, and thus it was unwise to anger him too much.

Valerius first used the broom to remove the dirty straw that was covering the floor, and then he began to wash the floor. So what if he was cleaning cages dressed in silk and velvet? He could afford it, and he looked much better than they did! They were only jealous!

Once the floor was sufficiently clean, Valerius threw some fresh straw onto the floor and then gave the bear a sign that he could enter his cage again. The creature grumbled some more and went back in. Apparently that was the only sound the was capable of or interested in making.

„Try to keep it clean a bit longer next time!“ Valerius told him and went to the next cage.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on November 3rd, 2012, 4:20 pm

Fall 31, 512 AV

„So how was your day, dear brother?“ his sister asked him. There was a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She didn’t really like him, and he didn’t really like her, but sometimes they pretended.

They were sitting in an elegant dining room in the Nitrozian Estate, eating dinner. The cook had made a delicious roast chicken, and there were vegetables, potatoes and a bottle of wine as well.

„It was … acceptable“, Valerius replied.

„How many cages did you clean?“ his sister asked him. „Did the animals vomit again? Did they have diarrhea? I know how interested you are in their bodily functions.“ She grinned.

Valerius didn’t answer, but informed his sister, „Aunt Amanda has told me that she will give me a promotion soon. The work I’m doing now is only temporary. As you said yourself a while ago, I need to learn the basics before I can start experimenting on the creatures.“

„I wonder what your friends would say“, his sister mused.

Valerius put his fork down and stared at her. „Don’t you dare!“ he hissed.

„I only wished they knew how hard you work, dear brother!“ his sister lied. „They would be so impressed!“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes