Exit Ship Left(open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Exit Ship Left(open)

Postby Paisley on May 20th, 2010, 10:54 pm

Spring 80 510 AV
Paisley breathed in the sweet, salty scent of the air as she stepped on the docks; knapsack on her back.It was the smell of freedom for Paisley since she was finally leaving Zeltiva to continue her treasure hunt for all things rare in Mizahar. Sailors and other residents crowded the docks making it hard for Paisley to see (which was quite easy to do considering she was only nine inches tall). Paisley weaved in and out of the countless legs with difficulty and found herself knocked off balance a couple times. The offenders apologized into the air, since someone of her height was hard to see.The combination of continually being shoved passed and her own claustrophobia led her to give up and step to the side of the docks and perch herself on a barrel next to the back wall of the Kelp Bar.

How am I supposed to get out of here on my own,” she thought.

She crossed her arms and her normally frozen face morphed into what resembled a toddler’s pout. Her thoughts drifted to all the treasures contained in her book that were just waiting to be discovered. She should have already been on a ship to places unknown where the treasures could be found, but unfortunately it was too hard for one of her size to push through the crowds on the docks. She reached in her backpack to look at her book when she realized the top had not been closed well enough and her book was gone.

Paisley slid off the barrel and slipped back into the sea of people of the docks and looked around desperately for her book. After a few minutes she spotted the battered and coverless copy of The Treasure Hunter’s Field Guide in front of the entrance to the Kelp Bar. Someone entered the bar and kicked her book inside. Paisley followed suite and grabbed her book off the ground and put it in her backpack, making sure to close the top. After her book was secure she glanced outside at the crowd rushing along the docks and turned around to look at the interior of the bar, which was filled with rather intimidating looking sailors plus a few other locals. There was only one way she could get to a boat, so she stood on a table and turned towards the customers.

“Anyone wanna help me get the docks so I can board a boat and get outta here,” she said, ignoring the funny looks the bar goers were giving her; she was going to start her treasure hunt one way or another.
"Writer's block is what happens when characters get fed up with all you put them through"
Paisley
Player

Words: 3731
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 5:40 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet