Apprentice? You're kidding...[Runo]

You...Want to be MY apprentice?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 27th, 2012, 12:11 pm

ImageImageImage

There was a point to all of this. A point to all this bickering. Some sort of reason why she wouldn't just accept his opinions and be on her mad little way. She want him to do something? Give her something? What could she possibly want?

"Is there something you need from me, exactly?" Gale turned to her; sure enough she had continued to follow him. His face still full of frustration but his tone of voice had gotten calmer, not wanting to be yelling at this hour. They'd look terribly suspicious is a Waveguard decided to come by. Yelling at a later time in the day, blood all over her hands, blood smeared on the wall. It would look like he was beating her or they slaughtered someone. "Why won't you leave me alone? Come on, spit it out. What is it that you want? There is obviously something that you desire from me."

With all this disputing, the artist couldn’t wrap his head around what she meant. If she acted like one then no doubt people would have no problem calling her an animal. You only earn titles by the way you act and if she chose to act like some rodent then the title of a rodent would only suit her nicely.

But she soon started to put words into his mouth. Gale never claimed that he was full of honorable deeds. Of course the man did like please others but he has never done any significant deed worth sharing. At least an honorable one. However, he could see how it was implied. He needed to word his phrases better. Nonetheless, that didn’t change the fact that sane people weren’t perfect. Nobody is flawless, mad or sane. Yes, sane people murder. Yes, sane people try to take advantage of others. But sane people aren’t the only ones. Senseless people are just as destructive as a sound person. There is an asylum full of example of what impractical people like herself can do. Sane people can correct their mistakes, and some do. Mad people just continue on their crooked path until there was no redemption. Gale feared that this young lass had already gone too far.

However, the artist could care less about the girl. She had her head in the wrong place and that was the last thing Gale needed. Another insane freak. Shame, though. She could have made a wonderful lady one of these days if it weren’t for her rotten brain. Insanity chose its victims carefully. Only choosing ones that can spread the...disease of illogical thoughts the most efficiently. Ones who could bring others down with them. It was a slow and subtle process, one that can go undetected for quite some time.

And it seems it had already started to take effect on Gale. He was being rash with his replies, not thinking them through enough. Frustration had swept over his mind and took complete control over what he said, something he wished he wouldn’t do. He needed to remain calm. The hypocrite needed to simply remember why he isn’t insane yet and hold onto that thought if he ever wanted to get out of this blasted situation and go home.

“Look, I know it’s frustrating to live a life where no one seems to care.” Gale moved to a different subject that could possibly save his night,” But chasing someone down and insulting them is not going to make things any better, especially if you want their help with something. Now I suggest you learn that lesson before someone worse comes along. If you don’t then good luck finding someone to morn for you at your grave.” Gale wiped the dried blood on his cheek off with his wrist. “Now if you would excuse me, I have somewhere to be.”

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lullaby on July 9th, 2013, 12:53 am

Here is your reward!

Gale McCenry :
Experience
  • Land Navigation: +1
  • Socialization: +1

Lores
  • Nausea By Remembering the Past
  • Inevitability of Death, Especially at Night
  • Suspicion of the Alleys
  • Alleys of Zeltiva
  • Harry the Bloody-Eyed Old Man: The Best Name
  • Staying to Hear Insanity
  • Similar to the Girl Carving Walls?
  • Refusing to Take On An Insane Apprentice
  • Sanity is a Gift, or a Price?
  • The Insane: Just Like Animals
  • Remembering Your Sanity to Remain So

Other
  • Blood stains on shirt

Notes
    Good thread, just watch going from present tense back into past tense at some points. The point is socialization is for your patience, and land navigation for the alleys. I really liked his interaction with Runo, and it's a shame this wasn't completed.

Runo :
    You need to update your ledger before I can give you your grade. ^^

A quiet song to soothe the heart

This was a great read, guys, really interesting interactions! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous