Insane, murderous villain looking for work.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Daust Greywind on May 22nd, 2010, 8:38 pm

Okay, so everyone wants a traveling companion, a soul mate, or something along those lines... But how about a villain?

For every protagonist, there needs to be an antagonist(mortal or not), and I would like to offer Daust for such a position. He's unlikeable, ugly, violent, clearly off his rocker, but cunning and ruthless enough to cause some serious damage should the plot call for it.

I'm fairly creative and Daust's dementia offers me a lot of freedom when selecting motivations for having him hunt a character down, besides any obvious reasons that might arise. Daust won't 'shoot to kill' your character unless I'm instructed otherwise, and I ask you not to have your character god-mode any wounds onto mine, either(I usually let him get beat up enough as it is).

Anyways, read over his profile and leave a post if you want to make a try at some interesting threads. =D
Daust Greywind
Player

Words: 15043
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 3:53 am
Race: Human, Drykas

Postby Gossamer on May 22nd, 2010, 9:03 pm

I just have to say I really appreciated this post. Thank you for offering yourself up to be the bad guy. Go team evil!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Nero Czan on May 22nd, 2010, 9:18 pm

Yay Bad Guy! :|D I might have to read some of your works just to see deh ebil. As Goss said, not many people play the villain, so you're going to need to be a role-model... of Evil... Woo!

My favorite line: "Daust seems to lack morality in all forms until one learns that he's firmly against rape. Though, as it turns out, that's more because he finds intimate contact and bodily fluids to be vehemently disgusting and not because of an odd compassionate bone in his body. Besides that, Daust finds nothing else to be out of bounds."

Anyways, if the need comes up, I'd love to have you come into a story. It beats me narrating the antagonist after all. ^^

~Nero
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Jaquise Emittere on May 25th, 2010, 3:10 am

You feel confident about taking Jaq on? I think he could use a few people that hate his guts. Or want to see his guts.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Daust Greywind on May 25th, 2010, 4:47 pm

It'd make for something interesting, not sure how Daust would handle a magic-user.

Do you have any preferences for a thread or would you like me to start throwing some ideas out? =)
Daust Greywind
Player

Postby Jaquise Emittere on May 25th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Jaq's not just a magic user, he's also got a competent sword skill to. Throw out your ideas and I'll throw out mine. We can find something both of us will like.

Getting in a drunken brawl seems to underdone for a nemesis or insane murderous villain such as yourself. Jaq's pissed of people in the past for many different things. Refusing to do job, insulting prospective employers, and trying to swoon married ladies among many other things. Maybe that angle brings you to confront jaq?
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Daust Greywind on May 26th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Daust doesn't care much for marriage or for having said women swooned, since he's not even close to a romantic type, but I could see there being conflict if the two found themselves on the opposite ends of a job. I.E. Jaq hired to protect a nobleman's family for a couple nights on the road until they reach the safety of a city.

Any ideas to that are welcome, but Daust isn't too low for a drunken brawl, he simply has a ceiling to what he cares about(can't appeal to any sense of morality). Not that that makes him difficult to set off, that's as easy as stepping on his toes, but he has to be provoked into actively 'hunting' someone by usually getting into a fight with them and seeing a good challenge. Even if Daust LIKES someone, he'll still hunt them down if he can get a good thrill out of it.

He's impulsive and doesn't always use his head, so there doesn't have to be a great tragedy or betrayal between them for him to take an interest in trying to snipe/backstab dear Jaq. =P
Daust Greywind
Player

Postby Jaquise Emittere on May 26th, 2010, 2:43 pm

The job conflict sounds like an idea. Jaq dislikes assassins a great deal so such a situation would bring about a dislike from jaq a simple fight might not. Perhaps something in the cobalt mountains. Jaq's hired to protect said family as they journey to and from one of the tourist sites in that area.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Daust Greywind on May 26th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Been searching for this Cobalt mountains, but can't seem to find the forum/sub-forum it's in. Can ya link me?

But the thread idea sounds solid and we could have some fun with, I'd create the thread, but I do not know where the Cobalt Mountains thingy is AND more importantly I have work soon and cannot post until tomorrow morning. x_x

Apologies for that, but again, you may start the thread if you wish, and we'll see where it goes. =) If not, could ya link me to the Cobalt Mountains area?
Daust Greywind
Player

Postby Jaquise Emittere on May 26th, 2010, 5:46 pm

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/the-cobalt-mountains-f79.html

Its a sub-forum of Syliras. There a few tourist attractions near the city like the waterfalls or the hot springs.

If you want you can start. I'm spending my time today on a practice thread for Jaq.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next