Solo A Pretty Picture

Sira finds herself down in the gardens, and meets an artist while she's there.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A Pretty Picture

Postby Sira on November 21st, 2012, 6:40 pm

Timestamp: Fall 21, 512 AV

Sira was bored. Outside Wind Reach there was a heavy wind storm, making flying extremely dangerous for the eagles, and so most of them were grounded until the storm passed. Sira was supposed to go out and hunt that day, but found herself unable to since she couldn't fly. That meant that she basically had the day off, which was a rare thing. Unfortunately, Addy did not, and was on infirmary duty that day, which meant Sira was left alone with nothing to do as she wandered the halls of the city, completely and utterly bored.

Normally on her days off if Sira wasn't doing something with Natale or Aidara she would usually take off to go explore. Sometimes she would hunt, not for the sake of the city, but for the sake of enjoyment.. though she always brought whatever she did not eat herself back to Thunder Bay for processing. Other times she would just fly around the mountain enjoying the warm pockets of air that dotted the sky, caused by all the volcanic vents on the ground below. Rarely did she actually do anything in the city, unless she was going to the Inclement Weather, but she generally saved such trips for nightfall when it was most active. So this day she found herself with no idea what to do, and Sira ended up just wandering around in search of something interesting. There had to be something worth doing in the city.

Eventually she found herself heading down to the Hydroponic Gardens, the place where the majority of Wind Reach's vegetables and fruit were grown. It was the law that every citizen of Wind Reach at one point in their life help take care of the garden, and Sira had been no exception. It had not been that long ago that she was a Yasi, and though her bendi tasks were much shorter than a normal Yasi due to her rapid growth rate from being a kelvic, she still spent time in the garden. Mostly, Sira could remember scrubbing, as her bendi happened to be right after the harvest, though Sira did get to help a bit with trimming the trees as well.

The gardens were a marvel to behold. They operated year round, were provided light by mirrors, and were watered with a complex piping system Sira didn't even try to learn about. The rays of light dancing around the chambers were beautiful in themselves, and the entire garden was like some sort of ancient underground world lush with life and wonder. Sira rarely came to the garden, her endal duties mostly kept her above ground, but she soon found herself wandering its paths, watching the Avora, chiet, and dek as they respectfully scurried out of her way before returning to their tasks.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Pretty Picture

Postby Sira on May 3rd, 2013, 3:21 pm

Eventually she came upon a young man who was not aiding in any of the usual tasks that were common of the gardens. In fact, he was doing something completely unrelated to actually growing anything. He was painting.

Sira walked up behind the man, about to tell him that he should get back to work, but when her eyes fell upon the canvas she gasped in awe. The painting, while not yet complete, was absolutely beautiful. It captured in one instant all the beauty of the garden, from the light dancing off the mirrors, to the colorful plants, to the water glistening in the light, and even the workers themselves.

"That is beautiful", she commented as she looked over his shoulder, startling him and nearly causing him to draw a line of red clear across the painting.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just thought you were doing a good job."

The man looked Sira up and down, his perceptive gaze picking out every detail, noting especially the finer quality clothing and the weapon she carried. Clearly an endal, to anyone who paid any attention. Sira wouldn't be hiding her station from this man.

"No, it's alright, endal," the man said respectfully, "I shouldn't have been so jumpy. People don't usually talk to me. They think I am weird."

"Well you probably are a little weird. You're sitting here painting trees.. but they are very pretty trees. How do you do that, anyway? Can I try?"

The painter seemed a bit taken aback at first, but quickly regained his composure. It wasn't as if he could deny her request to try anyway. She was endal, he was not.

"Well.. it takes a lot of practice to do something like this, but.. I do have a blank canvas you could try on."

The painter very carefully removed the painting he was working on, setting it aside, and replaced it with a blank one before moving out of the way to let Sira take his seat. The man was a bit annoyed with the entire situation, but his hands were tied. The endal wanted to paint, and he had to allow it.

"Now.. just pick something you want to paint, then use the brush to make it come to life. I have plenty of colors, so you shouldn't have to mix anything. And don't put too much paint on the brush, only what you need."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)