Closed Starlight Tavern (Velody_Marie and Keagan Storm)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Starlight Tavern (Velody_Marie and Keagan Storm)

Postby Keagan on November 23rd, 2012, 12:31 am

Keagan was racing toward the city gates of Lhavit with all the spped he could muster from his strider. Curse his impatience he thought to himself. He should have stuck with the band he had been traveling with instead of trying to make the final push on his own. But spending another night camping in that wilderness before making it to Lhavit was just something he could not stand any longer... Now hot on his heals, some of the local wildlife were looking to make him and his Strider their next meal. A feeling of relief washed over him when the city of Lhavit finally came into view. If only they could hold out for a few more seconds! Although he could feel the strength of his horse slowly failing, his trusty steed managed to maintain the gap between them and their attackers just long enough to come into range of the city defenders.

Seeing the lone man riding toward them with all speed, the defenders guarding the walls opened fire, quickly driving away the predators. Keagan stood high in the saddle waving his hand triumphantly toward his saviors and shouting his thanks. Approaching the city gates, he pulled back on the reigns bringing his horse to a slow trot so they could catch their breath as he passed into the city. Keagan then leaned down and ran his hand along the Striders neck. "Good boy! We made it. And I do believe you earned a good rest and a treat today." His horse neighed happily in response to the offer and they soon made their way toward the main city stables.

After making sure his friend was all set, Keagan headed out into the city. "Now time to get myself a drink...and maybe something to eat." As he began his exploration of this truly wonderous city, he caught himself having to close his mouth more than once as he gawked at the truly amazing spectacle. He was quickly coming to understand why so many people wanted to see this place at least once in their lifetimes. The architecture, alongside the wild landscaping was just breathtaking. There was certainly nothing like this back in Endrykas!

His attention was soon captured by the mouthwatering aroma eminating from a little hole in the wall place called the Star Light Tavern. With a shrug of his shoulders, he decided to check it out. Swinging the door open, he stepped in and pushed the hood off from his head. He cast a glance around the place to get his bearings. Not to many people he thought to himself. Not dead, but certainly not overcrowded. Just the way he liked it. He soon caught sight of a table close by the fireplace and decided to snag it before someone else did. A barmaid soon made her way over and asked if he wanted anything to drink. After ordering a simple mug of ale, he began to settle in his chair and watch the people and fire. "Now let's see if there is anyone interesting here tonight..." He whispered quietly to himself.
Keagan
Player

Words: 5587
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Velody Marie on November 23rd, 2012, 5:52 am

Velody Marie had been sitting in the small Star Light Tavern for about an hour. She had just polished off her second full plate of meat, and was waiting on her third. She still had her cloak draped around her body for warmth, and had let her long dark hair down. Velody, still waiting for her food, sat rethinking her actions of the day.

One of her favorite parts about visiting a new city is always watching how the locals go about their daily business. She lurked in dark corners of the sparkling city nearly the whole day watching a single shop. The merchant spent nearly two hours arranging his produce into perfectly formed rows. The little town seemed slow, even though it was mid day. She would have to observe them at night before she left. The merchant spent most of his day cleaning, but one customer did catch Vel's eyes.

This Lhavitian woman, with perfect posture, strolled up to the merchant and held out a very long list of things she needed to be gathered. With her sharp eyes, Velody Marie could easily see the scribbles on the sheet, she was just unable to decipher the meaning. Vel wasn't much into the scholarly things, but she did wish she could read. With out missing a beat, the merchant retrieved the items, got his pay, and continued arranging his rows. The woman glided away gracefully, appearing to fly. The people from Lhavit were so graceful.

Velody was brought back into reality when a handsome young man entered the tavern. She flicked her eyes to him and watched him take his seat. She was so entranced by him that she didn't even notice when the waitress brought her plate of grub. She buried her face into her plate and scarfed down the massive plate of meat in under five minutes. She tried not to draw attention to herself, but wasn't doing very well.

Velody Marie faced the door, but looked and listened in the direction of the young man. His golden hair caught Vel's eye, even in the dimly lit tavern. One other thing caught her attention. A slight breeze from an opening door brought a strong scent into Vel's nose. "Rodent..." She thought. Vel's head moved quickly in short sharp movements around the room until she spotted the mouse. It was headed right under the man's chair.
"I'll follow you and make heaven out of hell
and I'll die by your hand which I love so well."
-Shakespeare
Velody Marie
Player

Words: 6923
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Keagan on November 24th, 2012, 3:14 am

The tavern was filled with people you might come to expect in such a place. A few stand outs here and there. But overall, nothing that caught his eye immediately. Course, the night was still young. The barmaid had soon returned, and handed him his ale when he noticed out of the corner of his eye a cute little thing scarfing down a plate of food. A smirk graced his face, as he turned looked back toward the fire and took a sip of his ale. "Must be terribly hungry." He almost chuckled lightly under his breath.

A couple minutes later, he found himself looking back toward her direction, and caught her eyes boring don on him. With a friendly smile, he slightly raised his glass toward her and then took a sip. It happened at that moment as another barmaid was walking by him, that she let out a frieghtened sweak. The quick shrill took him by complete surprise and he jumped slightly as he tried to figure out what in the world had just happened.

The woman had quickly moved away from the vicinity so she was of no use. And his eyes hadn't yet caught sight of the mouse now running toward him. Nor had any of the other nearby patrons, who were also trying to figure ut what was happening while they gave the fleeing woman mystified looks.
Keagan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Velody Marie on November 24th, 2012, 4:31 am

Velody spotted the vermin and her animalistic instincts kicked in. She leaped from her chair running on all fours. She let out a horrific growl and she dived under the feet of the handsome man she had been admiring. Her animal emotions didn't include embarrassment, but it was soon to follow. Vel trapped the small field mouse under her hand. She planned to tear it to shreds, but when her claws wouldn't retract, she realized she had done something terrible wrong.

Velody Marie gently scoops up the mouse and rises to her knees. She avoids the stare of the young man and walks across the tavern to the door. Although it was against her nature to let the rodent free, unscathed, she let him scurry out the door.

"I... uhm... got it, no worries?" She nervously laughed and walked back to the table of the young man. She sat across from him and quietly whispered, "I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say." She blushed and looked around the room. Most people in the room shrugged it off, but the barmaid who screamed was still a little shaken.
-Shakespeare
Velody Marie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Keagan on November 24th, 2012, 5:01 am

As she plowed into his chair, the action knocked him clean onto the floor, causing him to drop his ale. "What in the name a--" To his utter astonishment, the woman whom he had just toasted was the culprit. His mouth hung open as she walked to the door WITH a mouse and soon returned after releasing the lil vermin and declaring she "got it." His expression didn't change at first, even while she gave her apology. He stared at her for a couple more moments, before his baffled look began to turn into a curious smile. "Uuuuuhhhh." Was all he could get out at first, before closing his mouth and shaking his head.

"Uh no worries. It's umm...." Looking down at his shirt, soaked through with ale. "Just a shirt." He chuckled a bit as he picked himself up off the floor right about the time as the barmaid had returned with a dry towel. Her eyes still wide as she gave the other young lady an odd stare. Keagan dried himself off quickly and handed the towel back. "Thanks miss...and can I get another ale please? Thanks." The woman hurriedly shuffled away to get his order, while Keagan sat back down and looked the woman over.

"And as for not knowing what to say....how about we start with your name. I'd at least like to know who my attacker is." He finished with a laugh.
Keagan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Velody Marie on November 24th, 2012, 5:11 am

"Velody Marie. And yours?" Vel reached unwrapped her layers and layers of cloak to reach into her pocket. She handed two silver pieces to the barmaid to cover the second ale of the man.

"I really am sorry about this. I just... She shakes her head. Velody does everything she can to not make eye contact with her victim.

"Anyway, what brings here to-" Something else caught Vel's attention. For some reason, Vel couldn't focus. Maybe it was because she had spent the last few weeks in Lynx form. She focused in on a stray string sticking out of the man's shirt. She heard him mumbling about something and zoned back in.

"I'm sorry?" She made a face as though she hadn't heard him, but her hearing was a sharp as her other senses. She has actually heard somone approaching the door of the tavern. He hadn't entered yet, but the stranger had a heavy foot, and a limp.
-Shakespeare
Velody Marie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Keagan on November 24th, 2012, 5:40 am

He reaches out and stops the barmaid. Handing her coin for his drinks, he takes back the silver pieces Velody had given her. Looking them over for a moment, he smiled and said, "The name is Keagan." Handing the pieces back to her he continues. "And as a rule I never let the lady buy the first round. Speaking of which, is there something the barmaid can bring you? It's on me." He frowns ever so slightly as he notices she seemed to be distracted.

When she mentioned how sorry she was again, he waved off the comment. "Really don't worry about it. I might need to go change my shirt fairly soon though since i could only dry it so much, but really it's fine." Her looking at everything but his face was also starting to worry him. Was there something going on? "As...for why I'm here. No reason to be honest. Just moving around see the sights if you will."

When she appeared distracted again and then asked him to repeat, he raised an eyebrow. "Is there something wrong Velody? I feel like you know something is about to happen...and are just waiting for it or something." He put on a semi curious, semi worried smile as he waited to see what the curious young woman would do next
Keagan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Velody Marie on November 24th, 2012, 5:05 pm

"I guess I can have an ale... I just can't handle too much." Velody tucked away her coins and wrapped herself back into her cloak. She then moved seats so she could be sitting next to Keagan. She smiled to herself. Velody had known another Keagan growing up. Another slave. He constantly picked on her. She finds it funny how the littlest things can remind her of her past.

Her gaze had wondered back to the little string that was straying from the rest of his shirt. She grabbed it and pulled it free. She let her eyes finally meet Keagan's. His eyes were the prettiest shade of blue she had ever seen. His blue eyes locked with her own dazzling eyes, one grey-blue and the other more golden than the sun itself.

"Keagan, I don't want to alarm you, but there is a very heavyset man about to walk through that door." Velody motioned towards the big wooden door several feet in front of them. "I am quite sure he has a limp as well. I cannot say if he is a threat, but I don't have a good feeling about this."

Velody Marie's eyes never once left Keagan's. They were both entranced by the other's eyes. "Here he comes." Velody broke the stare and looked to the door. She listened to the knob turn and watched as a very large man stood in the doorway. He had long gray hair that matched his scraggly beard. The man filled up the door frame, both height and width. Vel quickly took in every detail of the man.

Aside from his frame and hair, she noticed he was squinting due to the change of light. The man looked around the room as though he was looking for something particular. He didn't appear graceful as the other Lhavitians do. He must be a foreigner. He stood in a way that favored his left leg. His hands, the size of a plate, were clenched into fists. He had a cloak that was too small hanging off of his back. There was a dagger on his belt, shining in the dim light of the tavern. The strange man lingered in the door for quite a while.
-Shakespeare
Velody Marie
Player

Character sheet

Postby Keagan on November 24th, 2012, 11:13 pm

When Velody snatched a loose piece of string hanging from his shirt he raised an eyebrow. She was definitely different, he'd give her that. She seemed to be keenly aware of just about everything that was going on. It made him a little nervous her constantly looking around. He was also taken aback by her eyes. They were a brilliant dual color, one a glassy blue, while the other was an almost glowing orange. Very exotic he thought to himself.

She then gave a warning about someone entering the tavern. As the door swung open, he crossed his arms. One hand quietly and smoothly sliding under his cloak, rested on a small knife sitting on his belt. He then turned his head as the newcomer, entered. It bugged him that the man simply stood there in the doorway and didn't enter or leave. "Hey sir! Would ya mind closin' the door? You're lettin' all the warm air out." He was a big man, and normally he wouldn't mess with a guy that size. But really he was just asking the man close the door...nothing more, nothing less. Only time would tell if even this small request was a wise action or not.
Keagan
Player

Character sheet

Postby Velody Marie on November 25th, 2012, 3:51 am

As the man lingered in the door, Vel moved to the edge of her seat. She tensed up preparing herself to phase. She lingered a moment more, and decided phasing in front of strangers in a new town wasn't a great idea. She settled back down in her chair. Then Keagan thought it would be a great idea to request that the man shut the door. Velody shook her head.

The large man took a few steps forward, and then one giant step to the left. When the man stepped out of the way, he revealed a smal figure wrapped in a cloak. The cloack dragged on the floor and entirely consumed the person. The hooded figure removed the cloak and handed up to the man. The hooded figure was a very small child. A girl with white blond hair that almost touched the back of her knees. She was wearing a very expensive look silk dress. The sleeves were too long and she moved with grace like a true Lhavitian. She was pale skinned with piercing blue eyes.

There was never a more oddly matched pair. They had a seat in the back of the bar, a good 20 feet away. Velody made eye contact again with Keagan and began listening to the little girl speaking. She asked for some sweets in the purest little voice Vel had ever heard. Keagan began to talk to her, but she hushed him. She continued listening. In the very back corner she hear the girl say, "When do I get to go back home?" The man the replied, in a very low a soft voice, "As soon as your mommy and daddy can give me 10,000 gold pieces." Velody realized something was very wrong here.

"Keagan, that man, I believe, has kidnapped that little girl. I heard her say she wanted to go home, but he said he wouldn't take her home until her parents gave him 10,000 gold miza."
-Shakespeare
Velody Marie
Player

Character sheet

Next