Location [Mirror Lake] Icy Interactions (Silarial, Open)

Mirror Lake aids in the meeting of Silarial and Tryn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Mirror Lake] Icy Interactions (Silarial, Open)

Postby Tryn Frostfawn on December 31st, 2012, 6:59 pm

Sliver openly explained the Kelvic instinct process, also including to Tryn what animal she was. A wolverine, that was interesting to him. He'd never seen or met one before. Paying close attention to Silarial, Tryn realized that she hadn't had a clue before now. She kept a straight face, but Tryn could see the gears working in her head behind her eyes. She didn't seem alarmed though. Turning back to Sliver for a moment, Tryn smiled. "I'm a white tiger. As far as the ice skating goes, I used to skate when I was really young, before I left. It's been many years, but I wanted to see if I could still do it. It is fun, just a little dangerous if you're not careful."

Tryn giggled as Silarial stuttered about Sliver being a wolverine. The woman was bold in stating her opinions, though this time, she desperately tried to rework her statements so as not to offend Sliver. Tryn didn't know the women that well, so he couldn't really tell if Silarial's comments would be insulting or not. Hopefully they wouldn't be. Green eyes shot Silarial a look of panic as she mentioned they could teach Sliver to ice skate. "Umm... Perhaps you could teach her to skate. Teach me more in the process. I'm fairly decent, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to instruct." His eyes darted to Sliver. "You really should try it though. You live in a place where this will be here forever. Might as well learn in case you get bored one day, and grow tired of doing whatever you normally do when you get bored."
Tryn Frostfawn
Player

Words: 16291
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2012, 6:15 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sliver on January 2nd, 2013, 3:34 am

oocSo after Goss expanded upon the Kelvic wiki I have now learned that Kelvics cannot identify each other just by looking, it takes a transformation or a guess when seeing more animal features for them to tell. Because we've already passed the misinformation point (I'm not sure where I got that information in the first place :D) and they told each other their animal parts I'm not too worried about editing them, unless of course Valk wants us too, but just so everyone knows!

The idea of getting onto the ice and the potential of slipping around everywhere, falling down and learning to walk all over again, was not an idea that appealed to the wolverine. She squinted a bit in displeasure at the idea and was most curious as to why the cat liked doing it. Perhaps they enjoyed the sense of balance? Either way Sliver was much more content to watch people like Sil, who knew what they were doing then actually try to participate. She cleared her throat.

"I don't really think it'd be a good place for me, and I am technically on guard duty so I'd prefer not venturing out there...just yet."

Her eyes casually roved the mass of people milling around the lake as well as upon it, taking in the snowball fights, sledding, and overall lighted-hearted atmosphere of the place. She didn't want to miss any potential problems, but at least for now the scene was just as picturesque as in a Skyglow painting. Her attention returning to the pair before her she cleared her throat, running one gloved hand through her hair. She had barely even noticed Silarial's potential slip up and grinned thinking back on the comment and the utterly worried expression on the poor Vantha's face at any potential insult it might incur.

"Wolverine pups are about the cutest things you've ever seen, me? Not as much, though yes...I have been compared to a small bear many a time."

As for growing tired of doing the other things that one did when one was bored Sliver smiled at this as well. "Perhaps because you're a cat you like to find new things to do, but I never tire of the activities that keep me busy...and while it is fun to watch..." She left the sentence hanging there, her eyes observing the frozen waters again as a small child cried out after falling on the ice. A pair of worried adults came skating over to console the teary eyed child and guide him safely off of the ice, and Sliver smirked. That was exactly the problem wasn't it? Weir'd metal things being strapped to your feet just didn't strike her as natural, and Sliver liked staying with the natural.
Last edited by Sliver on January 19th, 2013, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Silarial on January 3rd, 2013, 10:53 am

Wow, Tryn was not just any cat? He’s actually a white tiger? Silarial had never seen a white tiger before, nor did she ever know there were tigers the color of snow. She had assumed every Kelvic living in Avanthal was a Polar bear, and that they all belong to the Icewatch. Wow. She’s hanging out with both a wolverine and a white tiger. Having such nice, inimitable companions, how wonderful is that?

Silarial colored a bit when Sliver mentioned the wolverine pups. At least the woman didn’t get angry when her tongue slipped. “Really? You know, I like small bears very much. Especially the babies…” Because they’re just so cute. And they’re not as frightening as their older counterparts. Still, Sliver being compared to a small bear? Thinking about it makes her want to see the woman’s wolverine form all the more.

It’s a bit unfortunate that Tryn was unable to teach Sliver ice skating with her. She certainly can’t do it alone. Silarial unconsciously wrinkled her nose. “Sadly, I’m not within instructor level myself. I just skate for fun. I’m sure I can’t teach you what you still don’t know.” Silarial laughed self-consciously before clearing her throat.

She listened as Sliver reasoned her way out of learning skating, her eyes skimming through the people playing on the vast icy lake. The cries of an upset child immediately caught her attention. Sure enough, there was a child being led by a pair away from the ice. Hmm. Another accident. Well it’s normal, especially among those just starting out. She have had her share of unpleasant incidents on ice too. Perhaps this was the reason Sliver didn’t want to try the fun pastime. She’s not going to push the wolverine if she really doesn’t like it. Well maybe in the future, once they’re more familiar with each other. She could try to get to know the two instead, ask them things such as what they like and what they do for a living.

Speaking of making a living, Sliver mentioned earlier that she was on guard duty. Does that mean she’s a member of the Icewatch? “I’m just curious; are you on the Icewatch Sliver? You mentioned something about being on duty earlier.” And she wondered about Tryn too. He’s so skinny Silarial just can’t imagine him being part of the Queen’s army.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tryn Frostfawn on January 15th, 2013, 3:43 am

The wolverine weaseled her way out of ice skating, Silarial giving up the pursuit almost instantly. Tryn chuckled as the women talked about infant animals, remembering his cub days, back when his parents were alive. The memory was painful, and Tryn's gaze immediately fell to the snow around him to hide his torment from his new friends. He still felt guilty for having left Avanthal in the first place. He somehow felt if he'd stuck around, he could've saved them when the Djed storms hit, and they'd still be here.

Thankfully, Silarial's frantic mind and quick-to-follow mouth saved the day. She asked Sliver about being on duty, inquiring as to whether she was on the Icewatch or not. The idea struck Tryn as puzzling for a moment. He'd thought for some reason that only polar bears were on the Icewatch. It hadn't occurred to him that other animals could be part of the guard. A stray thought of maybe joining flashed through Tryn's mind. He'd save that for later though. Flashing a bright smile at Sliver, Tryn showed his interest in Silarial's question as well. "Yeah, Sliver. What do you do exactly? Do indulge us, haha."
Tryn Frostfawn
Player

Words: 16291
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2012, 6:15 am
Character sheet

Postby Sliver on January 19th, 2013, 4:17 am

She had somehow managed to negotiate her way out of skating, and for a moment the guard relaxed, gaze flicking between her new companions and the scenery. Then somehow the topic change fell right back to her like she hoped it wouldn't, and the wolverine felt her cheeks flushed again as two pairs of eyes gazed toward her with a series of expectations hanging behind dark pupils.

"Yes, I am an Icewatch Guard."

As soon as she said the statement her confidence seemed to return. It was a great source of pride for the Kelvic to belong to the defense of the city, and not only that, but be rather good at it. The more sure spoke the more her voice lost that bit of social nervousness and gained a nice tenor. "I arrived in Avanthal not long after the Spring Djed storms hit...when it was still warm." She shivered. The memory of the tepid and half melted city was still a strangely foreign one to her that seemed more of a bad memory than anything else. "I joined almost as soon as I arrived and after a trip to the Spires to help out with the strange mist over there, I have been here ever since as a guard." It wasn't an epic ballad, but it was clear that Sliver took great pleasure in her history within the Everwinter City, even to her new companions, an idea which might have otherwise caused some nervous tension within.
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Silarial on January 19th, 2013, 1:36 pm

So she was right. Sliver really was in the Icewatch. She never saw Kelvic mounts other than polar bears before, so it was a bit of a surprise for Sliver to confirm that she was indeed an Icewatch Guard. And now she knows Tryn wasn’t a member of the Watch: he wouldn’t ask the woman what she does for a living if they both lived in the barracks.

Silarial listened quietly as Sliver spoke, the girl’s eyes turning a gloomy brown at the recollection of what happened to her home during the Spring Djed storms. It was an utter nightmare… Everything was melting and the animals had gone rabid and attacking everyone on sight. But still she listened to her companion’s story. There was a pang of envy in Silarial’s heart to know that Sliver had seen worlds she could only visit in her daydreams. But this feeling was washed away by gratitude for Sliver’s devotion to Silarial’s beloved city even though she was a foreigner. Silarial placed her hands over the woman’s and sincerely, she smiled. “Thank you for protecting my — no, our city. Even though everything was a mess over here, you still chose to stay when everyone else left. And even now, you are still here…” Silarial realized what she was saying and immediately pulled her hand back, a blush tinting her face. She spoke hurriedly, clearly embarrassed by her sudden boldness. “Umm… anyway! I am a freelance dancer who was currently looking for a more stable work so maybe I am aiming to find work in a tavern one of these days preferably at the Red Diamond and I hope you could come see me dance once I get that job.”

Silarial abruptly paused, looking at her two companions awkwardly before flashing a crooked smile. “What am I even doing? I did not mean to rattle on like that. But... I meant what I said about wanting the two of you to watch me perform as soon as I get hired by a tavern though.” She shifted her gaze to her outstretched feet while her fingers absentmindedly played with her hair.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Izuyanai on August 12th, 2016, 2:36 am

Grades on Hold

Reasons Why Grades May Be Withheld
    - Ledger not updated
    - Inactive for two months
Please
    - Message me
    - Repost to the cue
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am