Location [Mirror Lake] Icy Interactions (Silarial, Open)

Mirror Lake aids in the meeting of Silarial and Tryn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Mirror Lake] Icy Interactions (Silarial, Open)

Postby Tryn Frostfawn on November 28th, 2012, 6:11 pm

When: 45th of Fall 512 AV
Where: Mirror Lake
Who: Tryn, Silarial, Open

[indent]A change of pace, a shift in routine, begged Tryn to venture out of the hold and do something he doesn't normally do. He walked along in the snow, the breeze playing with the tufts of dark hair poking out from underneath his wool cap. Regular storming had occurred just the day before, and Tryn's boots forged their own path in the freshly fallen snow. Even bundled as he was, many would find Avanthal much too cold to stay in, aside from the Vantha who lived here on purpose. Tryn could thank his warmth to his natural side, the white tiger. One of the upsides of being a Kelvic, was that his prominent animal features carried over to his human form. This included a natural body temperature much higher than normal and heightened eyesight and hearing. This was the sole reason why Tryn didn't freeze in Avanthal.

His new adventure of sorts for the day brought him to Mirror Lake. A beautiful sight to behold, Mirror Lake stood in the center of snow-covered trees, looking up to the Ice Palace in the distance. Completely frozen, the ice reeving powers put into the upkeep of the lake make it appear like looking into a mirror. Tryn had been around Mirror Lake as a child growing up, but his absence for quite some time made him miss it. He'd returned to Avanthal right after the start of Fall, but hadn't made his way back to the lake since then. Today was the day that changed. Tryn stood lakeside for a few minutes, just overlooking the lake itself, recalling memories of his early childhood spent there. Choosing not to dwell too long, for the loss of his parents was still a fresh wound trying to heal, Tryn headed over to the rental shop to get some skates.

Now properly equipped, he put them on, lacing them nice and tight so they would be sturdy in his ankles, and he gingerly stepped out onto the ice. He knew the basics, teachings from his childhood rushing into his mind to remind him. However, normally quite good with balance, Tryn's normal lack of clumsiness turned against him on the ice. He wobbled to and fro, moving forward on ever shaky legs as he very slowly made his way around the outskirts of the lake. He found his center and his balance the more he kept at it, and before too long, he was idly skating around the edge without complications. A white smile flashed across his features, his emerald eyes bright with joy as he skated. He switched his routine and started doing gentle figure eights across the lake for a few minutes. However, fearing this would make him dizzy, he settled back into his circular pattern near the edge, when his animal side dictated his next move.

A moment of fearlessness and bold mindset had Tryn picking up speed a bit. He was by no means racing around the ice, but he was definitely too new to skating again to be trying to accomplish such a speed. It proved disastrous when his feet tangled in one another and pitched Tryn forward. He tucked his head to his chest, his arms shielding his face, as his shoulders slammed into the ice and sent him rolling. Outside of bumps and probably bruises on his elbows and knees, Tryn was surprisingly unharmed in his accident. More breathless and embarrassed than anything. However, he didn't get up right away. Instead he lay there recollecting himself, hoping no one would run over him. The sound of a few other skaters filled his ears as he shut his eyes to relax on the ice a moment.
Last edited by Tryn Frostfawn on December 13th, 2012, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tryn Frostfawn
Player

Words: 16291
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2012, 6:15 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Silarial on November 29th, 2012, 5:05 am

It was a good day for relaxation and a bit of fun, Silarial decided. The weather was fine and it would be good to go out for some fresh air too. The skies are clear and calm, a perfect day for skating. Silarial grinned, her eyes an electric crimson. She’s definitely going to skate today. Silarial headed towards Mirror Lake with a light gait, very much excited to see one of her favorite hangouts again. This is going to be fantastic. The lake is such a beautiful masterpiece, reflecting the sky and everything over it’s surface like a large outdoor mirror. It’s the place she goes to whenever she wants to feel her body glide with abandon.

Skating had been one of Silarial’s past times ever since she received her ice reaving mark from the benevolent goddess Morwen. Back then, the arctic cold didn’t let her enjoy ice games as much as other Vanthas her age. Well, it’s also a given that she didn’t enjoy hanging out with other children at that time. Why should she endure being the center of stupid bullying when she could explore places and learn about new things at her own pace, maybe even throw a prank or two on those who kept treating her like some hideous monster child. Realizing that she has arrived at Mirror Lake, she smiled. It has almost been two season since she last went skating. She definitely missed this.

After sharing hellos with Savina and a not so busy Aldin, she sat down and changed into her rented skates, tying the laces securely. The last thing she wants is her skates coming off when she attempt to make a jump. Making sure she’s ready to go, she stepped gingerly on the lake to check if she can still perfectly balance on ice. With a triumphant smile, she noted that she could. Silarial is rather confident in her sense of balance, and with some practice when she was younger, walking around the lake in her skates became such an easy matter. Soon, she was gliding over the ice gracefully, throwing a spin every now and then. Silarial laughed heartily at the joy and sense of freedom skating gave her. She’s quite good at skating, but she is far from being a master skater. Silarial wish she could be a bit more acrobatic though. Once she’s become more flexible, she’ll definitely try to do some ice skating dances.

Slowing down a bit, she looked around at the people playing on the ice like herself. Every one seems to be having so much fun! She giggled. Closing her eyes, she breathed in the cold fresh air and the faint scent of the trees around the lake. She knew that this is one of the things she’ll miss when she finally departs from her beloved Avanthal.

Silarial was suddenly startled from her reverie when she saw someone glide past her. She followed her gaze absentmindedly on the figure in black. One moment later, the person tumbled and was painfully rolling on the ice. Silarial cringed. That fall looked like it hurt a lot. She immediately stroked forward towards the person. Kneeling beside the fallen figure, she realized that he was a skinny young man. Silarial noticed that his eyes were closed, so she gently tapped his face, a bit worried that he might have had hit his head during the fall.

“Are you okay, sir? That was some nasty fall! Do you want me to help you back to the lodge to have you checked for injuries?”
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sliver on November 29th, 2012, 3:42 pm

A weary looking Kelvic made her way to the edge of the frozen pond, surveying her surroundings. She wasn't sure how a simple questioning could take so much out of her, but interrogation just wasn't her idea of a good time, and a weird taste still hung in her throat from the whole endeavor. When she had been put on duty at Mirror Lake it had been a relief from the events of that morning and she had set off at a relaxing jog to the area where so many Vantha enjoyed spending their free time. She waved and exchanged cursory greetings with several people she recognized, then took up a watchful position on a small hillock, sitting in a cross legged fashion and surveying the proceedings.

Watching over Mirror Lake was a relaxing way to spend the day, perhaps why Jearith had given her the position after they had questioned the mage. Generally she found that the most traumatic events that happened here were cursory scrapes and bruises and no one had any need of Icewatch interference, which she liked just fine.

Speaking of scrapes: The wolverine saw a figure dressed all in black take a tumble on the ice. She didn't know exactly what made her identify the figure as male, for his figure was not overtly masculine, perhaps it was the clothing choice. Regardless until proven otherwise Sliver decided to call the dark figure male. He did not rise after he fell, but wasn't howling in pain or any of that nonsense so it didn't seem much of a problem, and Sliver relaxed when another figure skated over to him to check. As his face turned to see the woman Sliver realized the man who seemed to have very delicate facial features was a Kelvic like her. She was never exactly sure where this second sense of identification stemmed from, it came like a tickle against the back of her neck and suddenly she knew that an animal lay beneath that man's flesh. From this distance and without any smells to aid her she was unsure of what kind of creature he was, but she didn't recognize him as one of the bears of the watch, and the wolverine's curiosity was piqued as she watched the pair interact.
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tryn Frostfawn on December 13th, 2012, 3:22 am

Tryn was unsure of how long he lay on the ice, silent and still, ignoring the throbbing in his elbows and knees. His sensitive ears picked up a skater rather close to him, but his instincts didn't indicate he was in danger of being run over, and so he didn't move. Seconds later, someone tapped his face, asking if he was ok. His eyes flew open, exposing his bright green irises, and he looked up into a pretty female face. "Um... I'm alright, really. I'm sure I'll be bruised by the time I wake up tomorrow, but I'm not majorly injured. Thanks for asking." He gingerly sat up, letting himself adjust.

Just as he was about to introduce himself, Tryn's attention was completely taken by another. Another woman off the bank of the lake watched Tryn and the woman on the ice. His instincts told him she was a Kelvic, like him, but without being closer and no breeze to catch her scent, he couldn't tell what kind of animal she was. He really had no idea how he knew she was a Kelvic. The notion only confused him if he tried to unravel it, so he no longer bothered trying. He was cautious but curious of the woman. An idea springing to life in his head. Turning back to the woman at his side, he introduced himself and put his plan into motion. "I'm Tryn. Pleased to meet you. I don't need to go to the lodge, but perhaps you could help me stand up and go sit in the snow over there?" He nodded in the direction of the other Kelvic.
Tryn Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Silarial on December 13th, 2012, 9:15 am

The young man finally opened his eyes, and Silarial heaved a sigh of relief. Silarial noted the paleness of his skin, and she briefly wondered if this was natural or was result of his fall. Maybe a bit of both. But he’s conscious, so that means he did not hit his head badly, right? And he did say that he’s alright so he must be. Besides, she doesn’t really know much about treating and diagnosing people’s conditions so she’ll leave it up to his, hopefully, good sense.

Silarial noticed the male look past behind her. Intrigued by what took his attention, she turned and followed his green eyes to a figure sitting on a mound at the side of Mirror Lake. The figure looked familiar, but she wasn’t certain who it was. She meets many people everyday, and surely, she can’t be blamed for not remembering every single one of them.

She smiled warmly at the young man who introduced himself as Tryn. In a cheery voice, she introduced herself to this person. “I’m Silarial, and it was a pleasure to meet you as well, Tryn.”

Tryn requested to be brought onto the mound where the figure was sitting instead, and this piqued the girl’s curiosity. Did he perhaps know the person sitting on the hillock? Maybe so. It’s just odd that the person didn’t move from the place when Tryn tumbled on the snow. Could be that they don’t know each other after all. Still, she can’t help herself from feeling snoopy. And what better way of finding out than going along them?

She held Tryn’s arm with both hands as she guided him carefully towards the figure. As the two got closer to the bank, recognition dawned on Silarial. With a wide smile, she greeted the woman. “Oh, hello Sliver! Fancy meeting you here.”
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sliver on December 13th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Deep brown eyes met with vibrant green ones, and Sliver shivered a bit at the sensation of being so obviously noticed. She averted her gaze, but after a moment she realized that the two figures were making their way towards her. As they approached she got a good look at the male. Delicate features and oh so pale, perhaps this was aided in the all black clothing, but regardless Sliver was reminded of a sort of doll. This feeling was quite mistaken, however, for as she saw him walk, the transference from ice to snow, even in the skates his gait had a very calculating saunter to it, and the eyes were nearly feral in nature, even if the face appeared rather kind. In the end Sliver was left with the impression of some sort of feline, though she certainly couldn't pin down which.

At first she was too focused on Tryn to recognize the woman guiding him to her, then realization struck as she said her name in a pleasant tone. Sliver smiled, exposing large white teeth, and bade them take a seat next to her.

"Sil...Silarial, hello. Sorry I almost forgot your name, even after all this time Vani still gets to me."

Sliver grinned, it was mostly true, but she still liked her little jokes. She gave a nod in greeting to the fellow Kelvic.

"And whose your friend here?"
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Silarial on December 15th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Silarial laughed when Sliver almost forgot her name. That would make the woman the recent in the long list of countless who had a hard time remembering her name, Vantha or not. This actually made her wonder if her name was really that hard to pronounce, but then it’s pretty impractical to mull over such trifling matter.

“Don’t worry Sliver. I had a hard time getting used to Vani during my first days here, like you.” Yes it was hard. She can’t remember much of the ordeal though, other than it was indeed very hard. And most probably lonesome.

The young girl turned to her other companion when Sliver asked about Tryn. A smile instantly tugged on her lips and her eyes turned a vibrant green.

“Oh… This here is Tryn! Actually, this was the first time I met him so he’s a new friend!” She looked at the young man and placed a dainty hand on Sliver’s shoulder. “Tryn, this is Sliver! We just met recently too, so she’s a new friend as well.” Silarial stuck her tongue out playfully before grinning lopsidedly.

Tilting her head a bit to the side, Silarial crossed her arms across her chest. “You know, I thought you two knew each other. You were looking at one another so intently I thought there was something going on.” She sat down beside Sliver, careful not to hurt herself on the skate’s blade. She wiggled her eyebrows and smirked. “So… care to enlighten me between that exchange of stares earlier? Were you communing through the mind? Love at first sight? Whatnots?”

Of course she doesn't really know if the two were really staring fixedly at each other, but they were looking, right? A little embellishment on words surely wouldn't hurt.
Last edited by Silarial on January 8th, 2013, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tryn Frostfawn on December 17th, 2012, 3:19 pm

The woman introduced herself as Silarial, a beautiful name without a doubt. She then helped Tryn make their way over to the snow bank near the other woman who'd caught Tryn's interest. Upon arriving there, Tryn discovered the two women knew one another. They exchanged greetings and then Silarial introduced the woman to Tryn. It appeared the women were newly acquainted as well, so this was more a meeting of strangers than anything. Friends had to start as something though. Tryn smiled at Sliver, nodding his head as he said, "Hello Sliver. Nice to meet you."

Tryn giggled at Silarial's goofy facial expressions. She was a strange one, but Tryn had seen and met stranger, and at least she was entertaining. Bright chromatic eyes took a closer look at Sliver. Her appearance was striking, bold and warrior-like, reasonably masculine for a woman. She was intriguing to Tryn, aside from also being a Kelvic, though Tryn still couldn't place what kind. He wanted so badly to question her as to what she was, and many Kelvic are open about what they are, but he didn't know this woman. He knew Kelvics were welcomed in Avanthal, but that didn't mean Sliver was walking around advertising what she was. Another thought crossed Tryn's mind: Did Silarial know Sliver was a Kelvic? Tryn had no problem telling the women he was a Kelvic, but he didn't want to expose Sliver if Silarial had, for any reason, been kept in the dark on the matter.

Taking a seat carefully beside Silarial, he would definitely be sore later after his fall, he questioningly looked at Sliver. Eyes still on her, searching for any cue of what to do or say, he answered as best he could. "Not sure, Silarial. My animal instincts directed my attention to Sliver. It's a pleasure to meet another here. When I came down here today, I was under the impression I would be spending my time alone and not in company. I'm not complaining so far though."
Tryn Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sliver on December 17th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Sliver blushed a bit at Silarial's comment, clearing her throat. Vantha and their willingness to embellish the details.

"Ah, no...Tryn's right. It's an animal thing."

She smirked, the flush slowly relaxing from her cheeks as she regained control of herself, still a bit offset by how intense the Kelvic's stares were as he analyzed her.

"As a Kelvic, you sort of have this...sixth sense when seeing another Kelvic. You know what they are even if not the particular animal. I'm a wolverine by the way."

She glanced at Tryn at this point. She had never really...exchanged information with another Kelvic before, but it seemed a bit rude to keep that information hidden when there was absolutely no reason for it. Her face scrunched up then and she gestured to the ice.

"By the way, a cat ice skating? What made you want to do that?"

It was clear testing out her balance on the ice was not the wolverine's idea of a good time, and she questioned the sanity of anyone who thought it was, Silarial included.
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Silarial on December 18th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Silarial glanced at Tryn who was looking at Sliver with eyes seemingly asking for help,. She then looked at Sliver who seemed to be a bit blushing. The Vantha kept a straight face but her eyes flushed a mischievous crimson. Artful use of words at the right moment can affect Sliver? For real? It seemed unlikely because of her rough way of carrying herself. An important lesson learned: Never judge a person based on appearances.

She moved her attention back to Tryn, her mouth forming an ‘O’ as she listened to his explanation. Animal instincts? What, was he referring to an expression? Silarial’s face lit up when she finally got it. He’s a Kelvic! Oh that took her quite a while for her to figure out. She’s getting slow at this.

So this man sitting beside her, is he a polar bear like everyone else in the Icewatch?

And then Silarial discovered that Sliver’s a Kelvic as well. She got it now. It’s a Kelvic thing. Of course. But what the woman was saying was very interesting. This was the first time she knew Kelvics had this kind of non-verbal communication between one another, or as Sliver put it, sixth sense. Silarial giggled upon learning that Sliver was a wolverine. She's a weasel! Okay, a really dangerous and deadly weasel. But still. She can now see why the woman seemed so intimidating. Sliver is not just a warrior. She is a true hunter and predator.

In any case, wolverines are still lovable. As long as they're not angry and trying to kill her, they're good in her book.

“I see. I think wolverines are cute. Just like bears, they look very huggable.” Silarial said in a matter-of-factly tone. And then she bit her lips in panic. As a warrior, wouldn’t Sliver take her opinion as an insult? She hurriedly added, “I-it’s just a personal opinion though. Wolverines are really cool! And strong! A-a-and really cool. Yes. Very cool.”

Sliver’s next words turned Silarial’s eyes ivory white in surprise. Tryn is a cat?! Wow. She never knew there were such a variety of Kelvics living in Avanthal. Most of them born here turn to be Dire polar bears. She's not complaining though. Variety is good.

Besides, both Tryn and Sliver seems nice and friendly. Plus, Sliver said Tryn was a cat. That's good. Cats are cute. And adorable. Just like wolverines. Would these two actually mind if she asked them to turn into their animal forms and let her pet them?

Okay, maybe that's not such a good idea. But she could try become closer to them. Maybe then they would... they would.. Okay no, just stop.

Before she starts digging her own grave, she moved her attention to the wolverine’s question to Tryn. Silarial wondered if Sliver didn’t like ice skating.

“Ice skating is fun my friend Sliver. The feel of the wind against your skin as you glide through the ice is wonderful! You should really try it out sometime. We can teach you if you want. Right, Tryn?”
Last edited by Silarial on January 8th, 2013, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next