Completed cards, cards and more cards

Even a fortune teller can’t know everything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

cards, cards and more cards

Postby Amelia Cross on November 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm

60th day of fall
512.a.v.

The day had been nothing but disappointment for Amelia, bout in her readings and her customers. The few people whose readings she had performed accurately from top to bottom turned out to have too little mizas on them to pay more than 5 silver, and the ones that clearly could afford it weren’t pleased with her truthful readings. Amelia had already realized that every man here wants to hear of power, money and joining ‘The Black Sun’, just like all women want to hear about love, endless beauty and money. However Amelia had always hopped that the streets of Ravok would hold more, someone who really wanted to hear about the future and their possible disasters or luck. How awfully wrong Amelia was to assume this. It was close to evening and not so much time was left for her to perform her readings, she was slightly disappointed in it but couldn’t wait to get back to her room in the ‘Tarsin's Boarding House’ and get some rest.

However her desire wasn’t meant to be fulfilled, just as she began packing her deck, a young woman came up to her. ”are you a fortune teller?” came her faint voice. Amelia turned her head to look at her; she looked like someone from the poorest end of the citizens. The girl’s hair was messy and looked quite dirty, her clothes were simple and over all she was skinny. Amelia paid close attention to her face, despite the clear lack of proper living circumstances, her face was beautiful. What looked unusual, was the color of her eyes, or was it the shape? She couldn’t really tell but the eyes looked gold, quite bright and unusual. ”Yes” she began speaking, not really able to pull her eyes away from the woman, but she quickly caught up on her rudeness and apologized ”I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself, you have such beautiful eyes” Amelia confessed as she sat down on the bench she had occupied and waited for the woman to join her.

The girl didn’t seem to mind and appeared to be caught off guard by Amelia asking for an apology, she just nodded her head and silently said ”It’s alright” and just stood their. Confusing Amelia quite a lot, she wondered is that some religious believe that she is standing up, but in Ravok people usually hid that sort of thing unless it had anything to do with Rhysol. ”Please, sit” Amelia finally said, gesturing with her pale palm to the bench. The girl was timid, but eventually sat down looking quite nervous. Amelia assumed it was her first time with a fortune teller and guessed she was worried; there are a lot of bad things floating in the air about fortune tellers, so she gave the girl a reassuring smile while handing her the deck of cards. ”shuffle”

The girl dropped half the deck a few times, but to this Amelia was used by now since the people in Ravok seemed to know how to hand only playing cards. Tarot cards were bigger and they where made from ticker paper, making the large deck almost impossible to gracefully shuffle for a person with no experience. Soon after the girl dropped a few cards again, she handed the deck to Amelia ”I’m sorry I~” ”It’s fine, you did it better than most do” she chuckled, taking the cards.
Last edited by Amelia Cross on December 15th, 2012, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on November 29th, 2012, 6:42 pm

”could I please know, what exactly you want to know?” Amelia said, while holding the deck in her left hand. From the silence, it looked like the girl wasn’t sure herself and she just looked up at Amelia with those golden eyes and whispered ”anything really” To Amelia this was knew, everyone always knew what they wanted to find out about, was it a business they are starting or the mayor events of the next season, but asking for a reading just for the heck of it was really something new to Amelia ”Well…I could offer you a simple reading with past, present and future” ”I know my past, please…I don’t want to hear it, how about my future?” her voice seemed almost shaking and Amelia guessed that the girl had some horrible events chasing her, that she just didn’t wasn’t to hear; she respected that and thus, nodded in agreement.

Amelia pulled out cards from the top, one by one, placing them in a circle that consisted of 5 cards. ”This is your chance card” she explained, flipping one of the cards, for a moment she looked at it close up, but soon enough placed it back in it’s place in the circle. The card was eight of swords . but it was reversed and so, it meant freedom, relaxation and new possibilities ”This card says that your luck is granted by being free, the card is unusual and also means relaxation so I assume your parents bossed you around a lot ” Amelia finished with a joke, however the girl didn’t lok all that amused and so, she decided to cut her humor out of this reading.

She pulled her finger to the next card ”this card is your biggest obstacle of your life” as Amelia said those lines, she flipped the card, yet managed to notice the girls body tense as if this card could determine her life or death. The card was flipped and Amelia didn’t need a lot of thinking to state the card, she knew this one far too well for her liking; it was quite common to drop out in Ravok. The eight of Penticles strangely, it was once again reversed and this started troubling Amelia ”This card says your biggest obstacle is work that you hate, it’s a hard work that holds no interest to you and most likely would kill you” Even Amelia got shivers from this card, no wonder the girl looked worried and was eagerly waiting for the next card of the circle to be opened.

”this card is your helper, it will be the person or event that will bring you to your true faith” she said with a smile, flipping the card open to see The chariot it was unusual to see this card in this position, but every person was free to link their life with the cards however they wanted ”this card means that your help, will be a rushed journey from the place you are now, far and as soon as you can” to this the girl still didn’t seem satisfied, Amelia usually knew what to say to make someone cheer up if a reading was going to bad, but this girl didn’t give no signs of emotions and so, she had little idea what to say.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on November 29th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Amelia was left with two cards, one representing the girls past, that she didn’t want to see and the other stood for her future. This girl showed so little emotion that is seemed almost impossible to give her a reading she’d be pleased with, so Amelia was left with the naked truth. She let her pale fingers slid over the card of her future and swiftly flipped it over, to revile Ten of Cups one of Amelia favorite cards in the whole deck, it was one of those that she always wished to have but it would never show in her own readings. ”You are lucky, this card that stands for your future and shows a happy and loving family and love…I’m jalousie” Amelia said with a gentle smile, she could only hope to once have a loving and strong family. She didn’t even think of the girls reading for a moment, she just thought of her own disgusting life of emptiness and lies. ”and that card?” The girls voice broke Amelia from her daydream and she looked over at the card and back at the girl ”that card is your past, you said you don’t want to hear it, but I can’t form a proper layout and skip a card…it just doesn’t work that way”

The girl was calm and looked at the girls with interest; usually people did that wile the reading was performed not after. Then again, this girl was unusual from the start, just by the fact that people like her don’t usually spend their money on fortune telling, but who was she to judge? Walking around in a fine dress while not even having a place of her own, Amelia really needed to set her priorities right. ”how much money?” the girls voice once again shock Amelia out of her own little world that she was so used to sinking in, that happens when you have no friends in a city of evil. ”five silver” if the girl didn’t look as poor, Amelia would probably lift the price up as she did quite frequently with the noble people of Ravok, but this was such a shy child and obviously could use the extra money, if Amelia wasn’t in need herself she’d probably be letting her go for free.

She handed Amelia the coins and stood up, bowing to Amelia like if she was a noble, it would be a clear lie if she said the feeling wasn’t complementary but she was unused to this and so was left confused as the girl ran of fin the direction of the docks.

It toke two more bells before Amelia had handled 3 more readings and was finally ready to head to her rented room, glad to have done quite a lot of readings today, despite most of them not bringing half as much income as she hopped. Her manner of walking was slow and graceful as usual. She walked in the direction of the Docks and at the top of her ears she managed to overhear guard shouting at each other about a kelvic slave robbing her owner and running away.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Twister on December 20th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Experience Award

Amelia Cross
Grade :
Experience: 3 Fortune Telling

Lores: Catering to Expectations in a Reading, Telling Them What They Don't Want To Hear, Inspiring Others To Act, Serving Up The Naked Truth, The Girl With The Strange Eyes, Kelvic Slaves in Ravok

Miscellaneous: 25 sm (for fortune telling)

Comments: Short and sweet. Be a bit mindful with the earnings, or be a little more specific just how much money the character is expected to earn throughout a single day's work. That's about all I can really comment on at present. Also, my deepest apologies for taking so long.
If you've any questions or concerns about your grade, drop me a PM!
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)