Familarity and Animation: Seeking your own kind

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Rojeck Harl on June 8th, 2010, 2:38 am

Rojeck frowned as Amiki was vague about what it meant by being simple that and it had lied about being able to alter its form. Knowing that going from steam to solid is normal for the species helped him to realize how desperate these beings were to get off Fyrden, he knew he would have to be specific and very careful.

hmmm it can disappear..perhaps it goes ethereal? I know that eventually Familiars and Wizards share powers...that would be a good one to have. But I need an intelligent Familiar, one that I can spend eternity with. He woke from his thoughts as the Sarawanki confronted Amiki about its lie and Roghon seemed surprised by his familiar, it amused him that even a Master like Roghon who had lived with his Familiar so many centuries could be surprised by it.

He listened to Amiki try and redeem itself. It spoke of pure intentions and then it repeated itself seeming to have forgotten what it said. He spoke to her once again

Your intent is definitely pure. It is clear you wish to leave even if you must lie to do so. I can only ask again, why do you refer to yourself as simple? What does it mean to be natural?

The thing seemed to dance a lot that and Etherialness seemed to be her only traits. he again questioned her

Amiki besides Dance and disappear and reappear and transform to a solid. What are your skills? If he couldn't get anymore answer than he had from Amiki he would throw another line
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on June 8th, 2010, 3:09 am

"Wan waa waa. You're hurting my feelings! Didn't I say that I was still young? Having lived for barely three years, I don't think there's much to learn in this wretched place." It appeared to become lonely, no longer enthusiastic about dancing. In fact, it stopped moving altogether. "I'm young, meaning, I still have a lot to learn. Umm umm... I was hoping that you, as my Master, will be able to teach me new tricks."

It grew sullen, and waited for Rojeck's sympathy.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on June 9th, 2010, 3:15 am

Rojeck did not mean to hurt Amiki's feelings but was probably going to hurt them further as he was going to look elsewhere fir his familiar, she was too young for him, he wanted one more aware of its own self...and not so forgetful. He sighed as best an undead could and responded to Amiki.

I did not mean to hurt your feelings Amiki. I haven't been young in a long time. I think you could be a good friend...in time. Unfortunately I need a friend who is more experienced. If I cannot find one I know where to find you. I [b]hope you find a friend soon[/b]

With that he closed the portal and rubbed his temple, the effort of following Amiki would have given him a headache..if he was alive. He spoke to Roghon

I see what you mean about the little chaps. They have such a hellish existence they really want out. I could see how making the wrong choice could make life or unlife very difficult.

He erased the lines he had drawn that would find Amiki again and considered where to redraw. He intended only to fish three times in the Lightface and three in the Darkface if he did not find what he was looking for before that and then he would choose the best of the six if nothing else. Seven pokes was more than enough for a relatively new body. He spoke to Roghon

If it pleases you. I would like to cast my next line in accord with the wishes of your Familiar. I would not mind interviewing a Sarawanki as that was what Lyderia was and finding your Familiar's family is as agreeable to me as anything else as long as its with the understanding that I may look elsewhere if i so choose. And that I may not choose the family member as my Familiar unless it shows qualities I like Since as you so properly put it this is my only free choice while I am your student. If you give permission and your Familiar knows where on the Lightface I should cast a line I would be willing to do so and interview one of its family.If not I will cast another random line

He knew that Roghon would not care if he chose the same family as his Familiar, he did not even seem to be overly fond of the one he had. His thought was as he stated he wanted to interview a Sarawanki and if he could get an idea where to cast a line to find one..all the better for him.

If Roghon did say yes then he drew his line as his Familiar directed hoping he would not be led astray. If he was not given permission he would cast a random line. Either way he drew a line and added a drop of Ichor to the circle after making sure it was unbroken and properly drawn. The oily smell of opening once again permeated the room and he looked at the portal to see what he had attracted keeping a safe distance from it in case it spat something out like before. He also singed the wound shut to keep Ichor from dripping out of it
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on June 9th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Amiki failed to realize that Rojeck did not intend to be its friend, and the little Avavali looked so unenthusiastic, if not hopeful, that Rojeck would change its heart. Perhaps Amiki was too young to understand that Mizahar was populated by other creatures not human, and not everyone had a heart to sympathize with.

Rojeck was, in the sense of the word, just being logical. The nuit needed a companion who was capable and wise, not a toddler to teach and guide. Roghon was silent as the student chose to interview a Sarawanki, he only gave a nod to Rojeck, and a raised his brows at his familiar.

The Sarawanki was quick to oblige, and it happily assisted Rojeck in fishing out one of its cousins. "Oh I am very sure you will be pleased with a Sarawanki and this will be my cousin who is quite strong and quick he does have a little problem with his speech but I think that would be the least of your worries because once you are bonded with your familiar it will come to a point where you don't need to speak words and instead you can communicate through your bond." The little chap talked incessantly as it pointed the lines and proper angles Rojeck must draw. "If you choose this guy I swear I'll convince the Master to give you additional lessons on handling your familiar although I think since you seem to be quite familiar with my kin you will have no problem no problem at all."

The chatter stopped, and the small blob rolled back inside Roghon's cloak. It appeared later on its Master's shoulder, disappeared and reappeared on its Master's head.

Once Rojeck was done with casting his line, a Sarawanki almost immediately appeared, lying like a sunny-side up egg on the ground. It was somewhat startled, and it curiously lingered by the pathway preening, elongating as it tried to peek past the door way.

"Who't there?" A deep voice resonated slowly, "Thpeak up!"

Before Rojeck could answer, Roghon's Sarawanki jumped and landed on his head. The Sarawanki on the other side caught the other familiar's image and responded in a while, "Oh ith you! Couthin!" The speech impediment couldn't be more obvious.

"I wot wondering when you'd find me a Mathster." It must have noticed the presence of Rojeck. It sounded wary, and gave off a deep gurgle, "I thuppose he ith like Roghon?" It elongated once more, as if searching for the Sarawanki's Master. It seemed like it was familiar with the Sahovan nuit. "Why are you thso quiet? Ith thist only a visit?"

Finally, Roghon's familiar spoke up, "I am a bit surprised how you look like a flat egg I just had to make sure it's really you so I had to wait before I talked. This is Rojeck Harl a nuit like Master and he summoned you so he could see if you could be his familiar did you hear that?"

"Op courth."

The Sarawanki continued without letting the summoned cousin finish its reply, "It said its mother had a Lightfacer like us named Lyderia but I can't remember her perhaps it was because she was too old but I think we're related. He would be very happy to have another Lightfacer and he would be very happy if it was going to be a Sarawanki like us but he is a nitpicker and would like somebody with experience skill and ability the usual requirements of those who are too busy to be bothered with making sure that their familiars would grow up well. Don't let me get in the way of your first meeting I'm actually just here to introduce--"

"I think you should just let them talk to each other," Roghon sighed at his familiar, "Come back here." To Rojeck he said, "Go ahead, talk to Senesus. I believe you'll find him to your liking, if you can look past - or hear past - his fundamental flaw..."

The Sarawanki on the other side of the portal began to introduce itself, "Hi, I'm Thenetus."

Roghon smiled, "...It can't even pronounce its own name right."

Given the opportunity to talk to its summoner, Senesus rolled itself into a jiggly ball. Perhaps it was trying to look its best for Rojeck? "Good grathe to you, Rojeck." The Sarawanki was as big as a balled fist, a slightly large one at that, and had the consistence of thick jelly. The tone of its voice was deep and its speech tempo slow.

"I'm ready to anthwer your questhions."
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on June 11th, 2010, 3:32 am

Rojeck actually felt a twinge for the tiny Avavali, it was so young and it needed someone to care for it and nurture it. He just did not posses the emotions that little Amiki wished to have in his Master, but it might be a challenge that he would still undertake depending on what else he found.

He smiled when Roghon nodded and his Sarawanki took it as permission to continue. The little blob was as energetic as he remembered Lyderia being and about as annoying. But he did know a little about Sarawanki as he knew nothing about any of the other types so he would at least interview this cousin. He laughed and said

Remember I still may choose to cast more lines. I have to choose wisely, forever is a long time as I'm sure you know being bound to a Nuit yourself

Once the portal was open he noted that the Sarawanki he sought was pretty much right beside the portal, the little blob of Roghon's knew exactly where its cousin could be found. The creature looked like a sunny side up egg and did seem startled by the appearance of a portal so close and it seemed to preen and elongate as it tried to see what was on the other side.

The first thing Rojeck noted was the speech impediment that the other had told him of. The suddenly he found his head the host to a Sarawanki again, this time much less threatening. The Sarawanki on the other side spoke slowly and seemed to be trying to make its words clear but the impediment was simply too obvious. It seemed to not be too fond of Roghon or Nuits but he knew it wanted to escape Fyrden so for now it would behave. He also chuckled when Roghon pointed out its fundamental flaw. He also gave him its name....Senesus.

As he approached the portal to speak to Senesus it rolled up into a jiggly ball that was the size of a large fist, he liked that this one had some substance as it looked like thick jelly where as Amiki was simply steam given form and intelligence. He spoke to it

Good grace to you as well Senesus. I'm going to ask you a few blunt questions, your honesty will count more than what you think I might want to hear. My first question is, you mentioned that you supposed I was like Master Roghon,and this was mentioned in a way that indicated you weren't pleased about that. Does that mean that you don't care for his kind or that something about him personally does not agree with you. This was important because if Senesus had something against Nuit, it would not be a very compatible Familiar. He waited its response before continuing.

Tell me Senesus, what are your skills? What can you do if I were to select you as my Familiar?

He again waited for a response before continuing.

Next I would ask you what knowledge you bring? What do you know about? What would you do *for* me if you were my Familiar? What kind of a relationship would you find a good one?

He hoped that Senesus understood his terms as he knew that most Fyrdenese had never been in contact with other aliens before but Senesus obviously had so he figured he understood a few Mizaharan terms. He listened to its responses before making a decision. Even with the whole doesn't heal damage thing Senesus would have to be pretty extraordinary for him to bond with it without interviewing another Lightfacer and a few Darkfacers
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on June 14th, 2010, 5:14 am

The bubbly chap warned Rojeck, "Well if you don't mind the cuts and the bruises and the burns you can cast as many lines as your ichor would allow but believe me you don't want to burn out your body any faster you know it's hard to get a body replacement around here isn't that right Master Roghon?"

The master nodded to his familiar, "I understand being meticulous, and though it is your flesh to wound, I would have to agree with my familiar. Lector Qiao won't be too happy about an outsider asking for a new body. Unheard of, actually. Not in the Sahovan budget, I suppose." To his familiar, he said, "But, of course, I don't think Rojeck here plans to wound himself to death. Maybe he would even learn to like your cousin." He smiled, as if such a thing was favorable.

Meanwhile, Senesus was still a bit distrusting of Rojeck. He was eager to talk, but his slow movements made it appear like he was uncertain of his summoner. "There are many things I haf heard about nuits, mages, and Thahova. Most of them are... how to put it? Well, I guesth scary? Morbid?" It seemed to have quite the extensive vocabulary. "You must underst-stand Mister Rojeck, my couthin is very talkative. Sometimeth, he tells me about how wonderful Mizahar ith. I would love to find a Master like Roghon, so I'll have someone teacheth me magic, too. But sometimeth, he telleth me awful storieth. The lath time we talked he telleth me about this familiar they met who ate other familiarsts. Thenethus no want to be eaten!" The Sarawanki shivered, perhaps unnerved about the bad memory. "But no get me wrong Mister Rojeck, I like Master Roghon, he is kind, he lets me talk to my couthin. I not really care if he is dead." It paused, "Sorry. I didn't mean that. I mean I not care if he ith undead. I not care if you are undead, Mister Rojeck. I care if you are crazy. Or thupid. I no want a Masther who will treat me bad, like shlave. I no want a companion who ith not careful with casthing magic, who not careful with life... err undead life." It seemed like Rojeck was not the only one with a list of criteria. "I no trust thrangers, too. Sorry if I seemed aloof. There, thee? I can be honesht. Honest." It was the first time it made an effort to correct its own speech impediment. Perhaps with the proper training the problem could be overcome?

When asked about its skills, the familiar suddenly perked up, carrying itself proud. It was probably waiting for this question, the part where he gets to brag about his skills. "I geth to tell thories to other Tharawankists." If Rojeck threw a look at Roghon, he would see the amused smile on the nuit's face. Obviously, there was something rather ridiculous about a familiar with a speech impediment claiming it can 'tell stories'.

Slowly, Senesus was opening up to Rojeck, it was beginning to show its lively, talkative nature. "I liketh tales about heroes and adventures! Thenethus ith good at making stories, and is also good at lying. Err..." It drooped back to its old flat egg shape, embarrassed about the slip. "I mean I have good telling skills, which ith useth for telling stories, and lying-but not often!-and being honest!"

"If you choose me to be your familiar I promithe to be honest in telling storieth! Also, I can perform tricks for you. When I got born I learned how to thit. Thsit. Tshipt. Uh-oh... I not know how to say it right. I just show you." Senesus wobbled and shook, and then elongated into an obloid before shooting out a small piece of rock. It was trying to say it knew how to spit. "I work with rocks, becauthe I can't really practithe wit anything here except lava rock. I also know how to do tshipting with my own self, but I no like doing that a lot. Ith hard when you get splattered... hate, hate that feeling."

"I make good companion, my couthin taught me lot of things about familiary. I know how to train you in familiary, we both benefit from that!" It bobbed up and down, "I good at memorizing becauthe I got wits, like my couthin." It was now rolling into a ball, "Thenethus is fast learner and hath good memory. I can help you study, since many nuits like studying." It must have assumed that Rojeck was a Sahovan nuit, and maybe the summoner gave the impression that he wanted a lab assistant. "I don't really haf knowledge as in doing magic, I haf only good memory useful for doing magic. I fink I haf more skills more than I haf knowledge, because I want to show you, and I hope it doeth not put you off..." It wiggled and expanded into a liquid sphere whose shape would shame a big apple, revealing its real size and shape, "I'm big for a Tharawankist. This mean I can do a lot of Tharawanki tricks like sneaking and rolling and - hah, even couthin not know this... I think? - I know to fly. Wait, I think it called float, not fly." It lifted off a few inches above ground and whirred prettily.

"Ath for you being my Master... I'll be hon-honest, op courth, I no like lazy master. I no like voiding! I haf heard of thome masters who void their familiars to get rid of them! Ingrate, I think, that's how you call them. Remember that! I interested in what my couthin called reimancy, and would like to see water reimancer. I have learned about water from couthin, and would like to learn many more things about... water. Water exshites me."

Despite its speech impediment, Senesus was able to bring up heavy words and vocabulary that most familiars were not capable of. It could say what it wants to, which can, oftentimes, be blunt. It had a habit of revealing too much information, but is very polite in accepting its own mistakes. Being a talkative familiar, it knew how to demand what it wants and does not get shy in declaring them. It was scared of strangers, and would be somewhat wary of new creatures it might meet. Senesus did not reveal that it attacks the strangers it finds threatening, but of course, Rojeck does not need to know that now.

Once again, it expressed its own opinion. "You summonerths are finicky and want this and want that. But, I hope you don't mind, I ask you, what you do for *me* if we become companions?" Having a familiar was not like having a slave. In many occassions, some familiars were the ones who slaved their hosts. Of course it all depends who leashes the other, who is more capable of becoming the master of the other. Senesus wanted to make sure what he should expect of Rojeck, it had expressed earlier that it did not want to be treated like a slave.

When Rojeck finished answering, Senesus threw back some of the summoner's questions, "What your skillth? Skills." Another attempt at correcting its speech pattern!

"A good relationship for me ith about integrity. Our partnership will be a deal between two of us, you will want me to be this and that, and in return I will expect you to be this and that. We have to learn how to compromise." Sounding ever intelligent, with its deep voice, it continued, "I no want lies and secrets, even if I know that we will have a bond that will allow us to be emotionally-attached to each other. We will benefit from our partnershift, I will learn your skills, you can use me for many things I can teach you, but only if we become good companions. I haf no problem with calling you master if such a term of endearment pleases you, but you should not have problem with me residing inside of you whenever I want to."

It kept of jiggling, observing Rojeck, "So do you like me or no?"
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on June 15th, 2010, 4:55 am

Rojeck knew that finding a replacement body was going to be next to impossible till he left Sahova and he might have to do that to find a body if his became too damaged. He wasn't sure if he'd be permitted to return once he left or not so he should preserve his body meaning if Senesus was not what he wanted he would cast one more line and decide it simply was not practical otherwise. He spoke to Roghon

I understand Master and I intend to be careful with my body as I know opportunities for another are limited. I may have to leave if I need a new body and I suspect with the way things seem here I may not be allowed back so until I have completed my quests here I must be careful. I also must chose the right Familiar as you said it will be mine forever.

He watched as Senesus seemed a little mistrusting if eager to talk, it seemed that talking a lot was a Sarawanki trait, Lyderia talked insistently and so did Roghon's familiar and Senseus seemed no less the exception even if he did have a small problem . He also understood that Senesus did not understand he was not Sahovan, that could be to his advantage but he chose honesty since Senesus seemed willing to be open with him. The Sarawanki spoke of not caring about the undead aspect more that he was not crazy or wasteful with his unlife and that he did not treat him as a slave. But one thing did worry him and he would ask if it became a major worry. He spoke to Senesus

If we are going to be honest Senesus I am a Nuit but I'm not a Sahovan Nuit. I came here to find a Familiar. I do not believe in enslaving my Familiar nor do I believe its advisable. As far as being careful with my Unlife, Magic is risky enough without my taking and unneeded risks. I did not become Immortal just to throw that away soon.

He heard Senesus talk about telling stories and looked back at Roghon noting the amused smile on the master's face that indicated what he also was thinking. The idea of a familiar with a speech impediment telling stories was amusing, but not impossible. He also noted it said it was good at lying that too disturbed him but no one was perfect.

He listened as it told him it would tell him stories and that it could spit, the ability to spit was impressive, it mean that Senesus could protect himself and Rojeck. It also meant that he could be trouble if not taught properly how to deal with strangers. He said he could help with Famialry and was good at learning Magic, that could be a problem too if he did not learn how to deal with strangers. He could also float and that was interesting.

Then he began to give more of the things he expected from his wizard, he was not lazy he liked to work and the whole voiding thing kind of creeped him out anyway. he also noted that Senesus was trying to learn past his impediment and probably could be taught to do so. The he asked a very good question and Rojeck answered.

I can Summon and do a magic called Webbing, I would be willing to train you in Webbing and other Magics as i learn them provided we get along well enough that I don't think you will turn those skills on me. I would also let you know that I do not know how to Void and the whole idea of Voiding a Familiar is not one I agree with. I would find new stories for you to tell and teach you how life here is lived. We would be together forever so I expect to be responsible for you as well and treat you well.

He also heard about what Senesus expected of his wizard and then he heard something he had to ask about but first.

I agree that we would form a partnership. We would understand that we are bound to each other and neither can survive without the other. I would be willing to make a formal contract outlining our expectations of each other. I hope we will become emotionally attached although my kind have few emotions left to us by nature of being undead. You would not have to call me master eventually i would hope you would call me friend. But we do have to reach that point first.

he then addressed the two issues he needed to address.

You say I should let you reside inside me? I presume that means you can physically exists inside my body? Would that be with the same understanding that we are partners? And that just because you reside in my body doesn't mean you can take it?

He also addressed the other issue.One of the things you would have to learn is how to deal with strangers as we will meet many in our travels. You would have to trust me to know when a stranger was hostile and when they weren't for a while. Unless you have some power that allows you to know.I also would keep you out of the dark as much as possible. My mother told me that Lyderia did not like the dark much.

He also addressed another issue but this was minor.I noticed that your speech can improve with practice and time. Would you be willing to work with me on improving it? You might have to communicate with someone other than me and your speech is hard to follow. If you would be willing to work on it with me I would be willing to be very patient with you.

He was beginning to like this big fellow, he might not need to cast another line. He answered honestly.

I do like you Senesus, we would have much to work out but you are agreeable to most things and so am I. Let us talk some more
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on June 15th, 2010, 8:59 am

Answering Rojeck's question was easy for Senesus, after all, the big Sarawanki did not want any misunderstanding with this favorable undead. "Hoho," it mirthly bellowed, "Did your mother's old familiar, Lyderia, never hid inside her body? There are a few of uth who favor such a hiding place, though I have not tried it myself, couthin thsaid it helps keep the bond throng. I have heard of, but not yet tried, about clearning poithon... poisst-on... poison! poison inside the master's body. Maybe I do that for you, one day." It talked as if it was sure that Rojeck was going to select him. "I just stay there, like being kepft inside box, not like a ghost and take over your body." So it also has awareness about ghosts!

There was a light sizzle from Senesus, and it shrunk back into its flat sunny side up egg posture. "I no trust strangers. No, no. I need to protect me from anything that might want to harm me. But if you think I should trust strangers, then I can. But if I find out they want to harm me, or you. As your friend and companion, I must protect you!" Rojeck will have to teach Senesus a thing or two about hostility. It continued, "I appreciate if you will keef us both away from the dark. Or at leasht remember to keep a light open for me."

"Improving speetch will be hard, may take seasons. But you are the furrst to offer, so for that Thenesus will be happy. I haf no doubt it will be eathier to teach me how to talk properly once we are bonded, yes it will!"
Senesus swayed back and forth, "I also think you are okay. Learning Webbing ith intereshting, but I also want to learn Water Reimancy! Ith good you're not a Voider. Talk more, you say, what else d'you want to know?"
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on June 16th, 2010, 6:10 am

Rojeck listened to the big fellow talk about how some Sarawanki resided inside their hosts, it was more a physical residence rather than a possession. Lyderia would vanish fr hours at a time, maybe she did reside inside his mother and protected her from poisons, she did seem to take the idea of being poisoned a little too lightly for Rojeck's taste. However since he was immune to most poisons it was an interesting idea, perhaps the big fellow could absorb the kind of poisons that attacked the body or an undead. That would be useful, this fellow was sounding better all the time, but something in him wanted a Familiar different that Lyderia, maybe not even a Lightfacer.

Everyone could use someone to protect them from poison and allowing you to reside within me would be a small price for that advantage.

He sighed as the big fellow would definitely have to be handled firmly when it came to hostility, for a while Rojeck would have to take a very firm hand in teaching Senesus how to tell bad guys from good so that those who might be potential allies would not be attacked just for being strangers. It was a hard thing to decide and as Roghon said there would not be opportunities to get a new body till he left Sahova..if he ever left it.

You would have to learn how to tell a stranger who would do you harm from one who would not. Here attacking one just because you don't know them is not acceptable. However neither is letting one attack you. I would appreciate being defended when that happens or you defending yourself.

He then addressed the issue of Water Reimancy. Reimancy was not a discipline he wanted to learn as the Ritual tended to cause damage to one's body and he was against that especially here. However he would be willing to teach Senesus that if he ever learned it and he was sure that the skill would not be turned on him.

Well Senesus I'm not sure about Reimancy, but maybe in time. I do intend to study Magic here as long as the Masters here are agreeable to it and as long as I can meet their price so you would have opportunities to learn Magic. Tell me Senesus, if i were not able to learn Water Reimancy ..would you still want to be my Familiar?

He pretty much knew the answer but he figured he would ask
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on June 16th, 2010, 1:10 pm

It would have sounded like a gasp if the familiar was not a Sarawanki. "You no have water?! But what if you go to a place far away, and then.." Senesus stopped abruptly as if it had realized something. Nuits don't drink, have no need for water, and a nuit who is not a water reimancer would most likely not have a need for water either. Even so, Senesus thought hard, staying motionless for a while. On one hand, Rojeck seemed to be an amiable companion, it even volunteered to teach its soon-to-be familiar how to speak properly. On the other, Senesus was truly fascinated about water, his cousin made quite a good telling about the strange element not present in Fyrden. It thought, and thought, and finally it decided that water would most likely be found anywhere in Mizahar, even Sahova has what Roghon's familiar called the sea, surely Rojeck might allow Senesus to at least witness such vast foreign body? It jiggled, making its mind that if this was a chance to get out of light forsaken cursed Fyrden, he should not be to demanding. Yes, yes, it could at least bargain.

"Well, what about giving me a flascht of water to stay in? Maybe even a big tub, so I can examine it when I want to? I underst-stand learning new magic might be too much to ask for, but if you'll be willing to meet me halfway, I'm much much willing to be your familiar." It did not sound desperate to leave Fyrden, but Rojeck would know it was. The least consolation the nuit summoner would get was that he was at least familiar of a Sarawanki's psyche in general. Senesus might be different from Lyderia, with its own abilities and quirks, but Rojeck was familiar with living with a Sarawanki. Would bonding with one be any different?

The decision to accept Senesus as his familiar would be ultimately his choice. In any case, cutting more wounds won't necessarily become fatal; after all, what was nicking your flesh in small slits in different places of the body? There was the option of burning the wound so that it might close and not become a faucet of ichor. Maybe cutting himself might cost Rojeck to wear out his body faster, hopefully not while still in Sahova, but taking the wrong familiar might cost Rojeck the rest of his unlife. It was a tough decision, one that he should wisely make.

Of course he must also take into consideration Master Roghon and its familiar, he has yet to hear their side of the bargain. There might also be certain twists and tangles in not choosing Senesus and then choosing a darkfacer. Who would know if Roghon's lightfacer was as impulsive and aggressive as its cousin?
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext