Closed The First Snowfall Is Magical (Kenept)

A couple of Lhavtians enjoy the first snowfall.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

The First Snowfall Is Magical (Kenept)

Postby Haeli on December 9th, 2012, 5:17 am

Haeli studied his features a moment and then tilted her head curiously. "Why? Is it something frowned upon by other people? No one is here but us, Kenept." She said, shifting in her over sized boots, uncertain what he meant by timing and placement. She met his gaze, finally nodded, then glanced at the pathway to a small gate she wanted to take. The witch lead the way, deciding it was more than time to get inside where it was warm and get some clothing on that fit her better. The cloak got wrapped around her fairly snugly and she broke a path through the snow to the gate that lead into the back of her garden.

She unlocked the latch with a silver key and opened it wide for him, stepping aside to let him pass. If he did so, she'd lock it back up behind him after passing through and join him in the back garden of her shop and home. "This is my garden." She admitted softly, glancing wide-eyed around at the snow covering everything. A meandering pathway lead them through the garden up to a back door that opened into a small hallway that had rooms leading off it. Once through the that door, securing it behind her, they walked the hallway and into the main shop. She moved immediately to the hearth, shrugged out of the huge boots, and excused herself. "Can you light a fire here?" She asked as she walked away. "I'll be back in a moment." She added.

Then the girl skipped away, ascending a staircase that ran around the length of the glass dome that comprised the old observatory, rising up into the sky. Light-footed, she climbed higher and took the time to shed her cloak once in her quarters upstairs and slide on her plain wool dress and thick wool socks before heading back downstairs.

While Haeli was gone it gave Kenept a chance to look around. He was in a giant warm glass structure that was filled with life. Trees soared overhead, and the ambient temperature was much higher inside than out - the hearth not really needing to be lit at all. Flowers bloomed here, even in the heart of the fall, and a stream trickled through the middle of the shop. Giant cupboards of spice lined one wall and a counter made of a fallen tree ran down one length of the shop. There were tables of candles, incense, and perfumes scattered about the place. And there were jars and jars of dried herbs, oils, and racks scents of all sorts.

He was definitely in a wildlings version of a shop or emporium of some sort. The look, the feel, even the scents of the place screamed its purpose aloud.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kenept on May 23rd, 2013, 4:32 pm

He hadn't wanted anyone to stumble up upon him explaining the process or specifics to her. It hadn't been appreciated by his parents just a few months ago, he had no expectations for explaining Reimancy to be of orderly conduct now. Of course he did not know to full extent what was normal and not around Haeli. It had been frowned upon by his parents, and he was forever reminded of that since, afterall, it was the reason that he was here now. It was a strange feeling really; going from people that wanted nothing to do with him because of his interest in magic to someone who wanted to learn more about it just minutes after meeting him. He wasn't exactly sure how to react to the situation.

Kenept followed Haeil through the snow to the gate of what she would later explain as her garden. As he did so, the snow crunched under his boots. It had only been snowing for a couple of hours, and the skyglass and foot traffic had melted away most of the snow on the busy streets, but here, where there was no heavy traffic, the snow had collected. A couple of inches thick, with every step that Kenept took, he compacted the snow under him closer to the ground, causing it to give off a slight crunch from under his boots.

He followed Haeli through the gate looking around the garden as she locked the gate back behind him. It indeed seemed like a garden, but a garden meant for the spring and summer; as now, snow had covered everything, creating white figures outlined against an equally white ground. He continued to follow her along the pathway that lead them to a building. Kenept hadn't taken the time to study this building. Since it was covered in snow, everything looked extremely similar. Also, Haeli had moved through the door, and Kenept hadn't wanted to let the cold inside the building, so he promptly followed her through the door, and she shut it securely behind him.

Looking around as he walked behind the girl, Kenept noticed small rooms branching off of the hallway that they were currently in. The hallway broke off at a larger room, filled with warmth and light. He had begun to look around the room, gazing at all the different trees and jars when Haeli had asked him to light a fire before she excused herself up the stairs to change.

Bending down onto one knee before the hearth, Kenept held out his right hand. Once again, letting a marble sized amount of Djed seep from his palm. Watching the liquid closely just before the outer layer of it caught fire, Kenept thought to himself what a strange liquid it was. It was part of him; part of him that he let escape his body for another purpose. As the Djed caught fire, Kenept sent it into the hearth, causing it to burst into flames as it came into contact with the logs that were in it. It was so much easier making fire this way as opposed to using flint to do so.

With the fire lit, Kenept stood back up and began to wander around the room. Looking at the different trees, and plants. Glancing here and there at the jars that lined the counter made from a tree. This place was strange, but in a way it was peaceful. Kenept's gaze wondered to the stairs that Haeli had disappeared up, his mind deep in thought about the girl.
Kenept
Player

Words: 23062
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2012, 1:02 am
Character sheet

Postby Haeli on May 27th, 2013, 2:32 am

She was down from the upper stairs soon enough, having changed out of her mens clothing. She wore a loose dress that was slightly to big for her slender form and had bare feet. Her hair was swinging long, still tousled, as if she took n mind to her appearance. Haeli offered him a smile and passed him by, retrieving both a pot of tea and a kettle of soup to hang over the now lit fire.

A tray followed with mismatched salvaged looking tea cups, a chipped bowl of sugar, two tarnished spoons, and a pair of soup bowls. She set the tray on the hearth, fed the fire more wood to stoke it up to quickly heat the soup and kettle water, and then settled down on what looked like a bearskin pelt.

"Things will be warm soon enough." She commented, then nodded to the fire. "That was quickly done. It must be a handy skill. Where did you learn to drip fire and form djed into something other than djed?" She asked, curiously. Haeli settled beside him like they were old friends, not strangers who had just met out on the street and whom had nothing in common before their encounter.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kenept on May 27th, 2013, 5:38 am

A figure had appeared from the staircase while Kenept had been staring at it. He had let his mind wander and drift far away from the room that he was in. Kenept had sat down next to the fire while Haeli had been upstairs. Her form emerging from the stairs had awoken him from his day dream, bringing him back to the warm room that held what some could consider a forest of plant life.

Once she had retrieved some eatery and poked at the fire, Kenept would have offered to help, but didn't know what she had wanted done, she settled down next to him. It wasn't until Kenept saw the cooking pot that Haeli had hung over the fire until he realized that he was a little hungry, his stomach offering a little growl as he smelled the contents.

She asked about the fire and the Djed. How he had transformed his Djed into the essence that was now cooking the food and warming water for the tea. She asked where he learned it. This was the second time that she had asked about it; he had shrugged it off earlier, not wanting to discuss it in the middle of an unfamiliar courtyard full of snow, watching her freeze. Now, he really had no objections, other than the uncomfortable feeling of trying to explain; but he would have to overcome that sooner or later.

"I learned where I am from, Alvadas. My brother and I discovered a mage there who began teaching us about Reimancy," he began. "He had to initiate us. A process that all Reimancers have to go through. I can uh... excrete my Djed from my body through many parts, typically my hands," he held up his hands, his palms facing Haeli. From this view she would be able to see the two scars on his palms from his initiation. "This substance that the Djed makes is called Res, it stands for something but I can't recall at the moment. Res can take on three forms: solid, liquid, and gas. And from these three forms it can be however thick or thin I wish." He looked into the fire, pausing for a couple of seconds. "Once I have the Res, I can manipulate it into fire, only fire for now since I'm not as skilled. But I turn it into fire just by willing it; I want it to ignite and it does."

He put his palms back on the ground behind him, leaning back on them. He didn't know what else to say at the moment, but he was sure that she would have some questions for him. For now, his gaze would find it's way back into her light blue eyes.
Kenept
Player

Words: 23062
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2012, 1:02 am
Character sheet

Previous