Newcomer~ Wolven aka TheFallenOne.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby TheFallenOne on May 26th, 2010, 2:37 pm

Greetings, some call me Wolven, you may call me whatever you wish. I am a dedicated, pure no lifer whom likes nothing more than to sit, being anti-social and roleplay. Sad, I know. I have heard it all before, but that is simply what I delight in...Some things you should know about me, perhaps...

-I am a six year roleplay veteran.
-I am highly literate.
-I am narcistic, not a nice person, very very hard to befriend (I have my reasons) and I often dislike any who are too...Shall we say, overly happy?
-I come from EliteSkills (The newer section) which is a roleplay site. That once housed only the best of the best. Unfortunantly it has been overrun by the Illiterates.
-I simply do not care for your opinions, unless you can show me you are worth befriending. So do not try and attempt me.
-I am often wolfen of nature, but this site will not allow me. Therefore I have to appear somewhat human.

...Now, do not get this the wrong way. I prefer to be outright and honest...If you can win me over, then you have a companion for life...If not, then leave me be...Then we have no dispute.

I look forward to meeting any who...Think upon my lines...||Inclines his head, grinning wolfishly||

______
Wolven aka TheFallenOne.

~Go on, bite me~
"We will kill them all, we will drown them in their blood, we will fight until our blood runs dry!"~Jaka The Brave.
TheFallenOne
Warlord.

Words: 574
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Race: Ghost

Postby Gossamer on May 26th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Well, I suggest you start by taking the time to read the site Rules. If you had, you'd realize that your name violates the rules and thus the terms of service. Please pick a more appropriate name. Below is one of the more applicable sections...

Account names must reflect fantasy style names. No copyrighted names (Fizban, Legolas, Frodo, Richard Rhal, Harry Potter) will be allowed. No inappropriate names from real life or titles (Satan, God, President Bush, Demon, Mohammad) such as those of Gods or Goddesses will be allowed. No numbers or decorative effects are allowed in names either. Titles or improper names like 'Thedragonwarrior' are not allowed. Please use appropriate spelling and capitalization. All lower case names annoy us. If you create an inappropriate name, you will be asked to change it or the account will be deleted. We strive to maintain a playerbase of original interesting names. Please aid us in making that possible. Special characters are allowed if they are appropriate.

And, I would recommend a little bit more approachable attitude otherwise you might find it hard to find both players and moderators to interact in your threads or bother to read them to award experience. :)

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby TheFallenOne on May 26th, 2010, 3:33 pm

In other words. You wish for me to be, something I am not? Correct?

I suggest you lower your standards. Not accepting people for who they are, will gain you no votes. Well. This test is complete...Now to the next one...
"We will kill them all, we will drown them in their blood, we will fight until our blood runs dry!"~Jaka The Brave.
TheFallenOne
Warlord.

Postby John Vicari on May 26th, 2010, 3:36 pm

No it is that we want you to follow the rules the site founders have made. You signed the terms of the game when you made the account. This is not one of your childish sites that let anyone pick random names together in a name yet follows a system which is simple to use and follow that makes things easy for everyone.

Don't try to waste the founders time nor mods with your predefine views on the game please.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby TheFallenOne on May 26th, 2010, 3:37 pm

And my character is not called, The Fallen One? Origionality is based upon that of the mind. I see no copyright for The Fallen One.
TheFallenOne
Warlord.

Postby John Vicari on May 26th, 2010, 3:39 pm

If you read the rules before making up anything then you would see this: Titles or improper names like 'Thedragonwarrior' are not allowed.

TheFallenOne is a title and a improper name.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 26th, 2010, 3:40 pm

The response was to prompt a proper name selection not to start a debate.

The simple truth is... when you sign up for an account, you agree to the terms of service and all the rules of the site, including the in-game rules. That's it. End of debate.

Let me see if I can put it in terms you can understand though. You aren't special enough to us to have a special name until you prove yourself a super writer/gamer/player and merit being the exception (aka become a storyteller - they can pick any name they want).... because we are very proactive and insistent that everyone being treated equally regardless of whether we know them or not or are friends or not. To make an exception for you is to show favoritism, which is something Mizahar is not about.

And I have lots of wishes... mainly that new players would read more of the lore designed to help them get started, be less incredibly 'antisocial is soooo the new black' and rather than berate us for not being like everyone else (I can't play a wolfiething!) and to read the full array of help we've put into the site so they can understand little details like Kelvics are wolves in human guise. :)

Regards,

Gossamer
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby TheFallenOne on May 26th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Ha...Yes, and you expect to get votes...Our work is done here...A pleasant day to you all...||Gives a sly wink||
TheFallenOne
Warlord.

Postby Gossamer on May 26th, 2010, 3:45 pm

You should feel very free to vote however you want wherever you want in whatever capacity you'd like. That threat holds really no weight here with us. We are comfortable with our playerbase, our growth, and the way we go about things here on Mizahar. Our high standards make us who we are, and suggesting we lower them is ... unfortunate.

Regards,

Gossamer
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dusk on May 26th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Also, it's spelled "narcissistic."

So what you're basically saying is that you're a spammer who's cruising this site for an excuse to vote on some unnamed other site that we're bad people? Congratulations, your clever ploy of breaking the rules and getting us to ask you to follow them has worked!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Next