[CLOSED] 8th of Winter 512, A Star Entering the Dark

An innocent young man steps into a city so dark...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[CLOSED] 8th of Winter 512, A Star Entering the Dark

Postby Acarnatia on December 5th, 2012, 2:55 am

The young man sits anxiously on the slowly moving boat; this boat and it's owner, the quiet sounds of small waves and the long oar moving through the water all seemed oddly quiet and still, as if this was the ferry to an afterlife, rather than to a prosperous city. He fidgeted with his necklace, a silver seven-pointed star, hoping to ease his nervousness.
As they drew closer to the floating city sounds of life began to drift across the water, dispelling the eerie atmosphere. The ceaseless noises of people at the markets, crafting, shouts and conversation were a welcome change, at least for the moment. Eventually, the boat arrived at the dock and the lad stepped onto solid-enough ground, gave the ferryman his payment and his thanks, turned, and walked towards the city.
Now, finally, came the question he had avoided for the entire journey; What on Mizahar am I going to do now that I'm here?
Last edited by Acarnatia on January 2nd, 2013, 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acarnatia
The Crimson Trueblade

Words: 8473
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2012, 4:01 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

[OPEN] 8th of Winter 512, A Star Entering the Dark

Postby Amelia Cross on December 8th, 2012, 6:32 pm

The last few days have been busy for Amelia, exciting and full of surprises if you could say so. The sad part of these full days was that she was so busy, that she ended up falling behind on her schedule. There for she had decided to spend the next 2-3 days trying to catch up and maybe even run ahead. Amelia knew that the people in the center would be glad to pay more than the average customer, if she said what they wanted to hear, but the docks were the perfect place to do a lot of average readings in a short amount of time and have no need to please the reader, just spit out what was plain out there. Sometimes this made Amelia wonder, maybe she did better readings to these people, but the thought lingered away soon enough.

Throughout the early day Amelia had managed to do quite enough readings for the passing merchants and entering nobles, but it wasn’t enough to catch up to the goal she had set for herself. The girl was still full of enthusiasm she usually lacked. With a bright smile on her ruby red lips she was walking around the docks offering her readings to one man after the other, carefully avoiding women as she has noticed they tend to be cheapskates.

As the time passed, she came to see new people arrive, Amelia was instantly there looking who it was, most where people she had seen before or didn't manage to interest her, but there was one young boy who seemed to be just the right kind. By the looks of it he couldn’t be much older than 16, or maybe the quite gentle frame was misleading her. One way or the other, she decided to approach the man who was looking a bit too bright for this city, she was used to the people of Ravok to be a little bit more dark with their apparel.

”Why Hello there traveler, looking for love and fortune in Rhysol’s Ravok?” she said with a cheerful voice while shuffling her deck of tarot ”for a small fee I could tell you just what Ravok has in store for you” she offered with a slight bow.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Acarnatia on December 8th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Trychu looked around, observing the city and the people walk by. He hadn't even left the dock and he already seemed lost; he could drown in the sounds of conversations, advertising merchants and lapping water.
After a few minutes, he noticed a women walking towards him. She was dressed in a colorful, if dark, stylish outfit that matched her bound jet hair, red lips and black eyes. She looked to be an entertainer-a very high-end one.
Her offer was intriguing; if there were any truth to it, it could very well answer his pressing question of what to do and how to support himself. And if it were merely a lie? Then the entertainment alone will be enough.
He smiled. "Alright. Shall we do it right here, or should we go sit down somewhere?"
Acarnatia
The Crimson Trueblade

Character sheet

Postby Amelia Cross on December 15th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Amelia was more than glad to hear the man agree, none the less offer to go to a different place, or so she understood his question. Usually she had to trick someone into trusting her or flirt for someone to wish to leave the busier and loud parts of the docks and head to a bit more quite places. ”well, well, looks like I got myself an easy one” the black haired woman thought to herself as the corners of her red lips curled upwards ”We should really go, I know a place not far from here where would be the perfect place for a reading” she said in a happy manner of speech as her mellow gaze was traveling up and down he customer. Trying to see what he would wish to hear from her, after all, fortune telling was 1 part reading and seeing the cards, but it was 10 parts of observing the customer. Truth be told, one could learn to see the cards, but in order to do a reading they had to see how to customer reacted to every little word you said, to the meanings and facts you gave. From that, you needed to see if you are heading in the right direction or if you had to change sides. When you think of it that way, you begin wondering is fortune telling actually real.

”please follow” she continued while gesturing with her pale hand to a far away direction, a traveler like this shouldn’t know unless he had been in Ravok before, after all, it toke Amelia 2 years to find that place. The place where rarely merchants or visitors passed, only the locals would go there. It wasn't because it was dirty or dangerous, it was just in the maze of canals, it was lost to anyone who didn't belong to the city that was Rhysol's. ”if you aren’t afraid that is, of me or your own fortune” more of a joke, a suggestive tease from her as she gave a playful wink at the man and began to walk in the direction she had gestured to just now, her manner of walking confident, but light, just as her mother had thought her.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Acarnatia on December 15th, 2012, 10:38 pm

The young man followed her, laughing, "No, I'm not afraid of either." He walks after her, unaware of how dangerous a lady he was playing with. "Lead on!"

OOC: I don't know where we're going, so I'm leaving it to you to describe that.
Acarnatia
The Crimson Trueblade

Character sheet

Postby Amelia Cross on December 16th, 2012, 3:40 pm

How pleased Amelia was with herself, she didn’t even consider the man being curios, she was sure that he was charmed by her smile and grace. After all, every man was easy to handle when you know when the right time to smile is. ”glad to hear that” she stated while listening to the quite pleasant voice of the man, leading him through a series of small bridges before they reached the place she usually did her readings to in the Dock area. It wasn’t much and definitely wasn’t a salon, just a bench on the side of the street, but for some odd reasons it rarely was taken and that’s the reason she liked it so much.

”Tell me, love, is there something specific you want to find out?” a quite natural question to come from a fortune teller, she could just read to him, but if he wasn’t interested in something specific than it wasn’t really of any worth to him, even if it was good practice for Amelia. ”Money? Power? Knowledge….love?” words sweet and voice melodic, the way she wanted to be. The way she preferred to appear to her customers, hopping to get a bit of an extra payment.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Acarnatia on December 17th, 2012, 3:35 am

The young man brushed the dirt off the bench before sitting down. "Well... my biggest concern is finding my 'life's purpose'-what I'm meant to do with my life. And..." he smiled, looking down for a moment before returning his eyes to her. "love, too, I guess."
Acarnatia
The Crimson Trueblade

Character sheet

Postby Amelia Cross on December 19th, 2012, 9:27 am

Amelia was getting bored in an unnatural rate. She thought this man could be fun, yet he seemed to be losing interest and so did Amelia. ”Better get this over with” she thought to herself as she sat down on the bench. Pulling her deck out of her purse she shuffled the deck a few times out of habit and pulled out a card for her own entertainment. With a short glance she saw the card ’Two of wands’ and just rolled her eyes, sure, patience was just what she needed now.

”Well then, take the cards and shuffle them” Amelia offered the man her deck, after placing the ‘two of wands’ back in it. "I can show you everything you ask for, but remember to state your questions correctly" Amelia winked at him. She was loosing every bit of interest but she couldn't let herself appear like that.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Acarnatia on December 20th, 2012, 12:21 am

He took the deck, and began pulling cards out of the middle, placing them on the top or bottom, then reversed at random intervals, all the while thinking of his questions; What should he do here? He knew he was drawn here, yet not why. He focused intently, losing himself in his thoughts for a minute before remembering what he was doing. He handed the deck back to her, asking with the slightest eagerness to his voice and hope in his face, "Am I supposed to tell you the exact question?"
Acarnatia
The Crimson Trueblade

Character sheet

Postby Amelia Cross on December 20th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Once again, a man who could handle the tarot deck. After all, the deck was bigger than the average deck of playing cards which usually forced everyone to be clumsy, she was quite happy and pleased to see that this time the cards weren’t dropped in the dirt as these cards were special to Amelia. She turned her attention to the man’s expression, the way his gaze became intense made it clear that he was concentrating on the questions, but they weren’t much of a lead to what he was asking.

She toke the deck in her long, pale fingers and pulled the two cards from the bottom of the deck these weren’t a must in fortune telling, but gave a good guess about the person you are about to read to. ”not really, I read what the cards show me, so it’s enough for you and the cards to know…after all, you are going to link that together” she explained as she flipped the two cards over and looked at them. Eight of cups, it was a card that was probably the most common when pulled from the bottom of one’s soul. This time it was reversed and it stood for the man seeking pleasure, knowledge and joy. That was clearly typical for someone as young as she assumed him to bee. The second card was Seven of cups it wasn’t as common, but held the clear fact about him not sure where to go, what path to choose or maybe, who to choose. ”these cards speak of you, you seek something, someone to devote yourself to…maybe something you wish to devote yourself to…well, as much as I can see it from these” she cleared out when showing the cards to the man ”the truth lies in the rest of the cards….do you wish to know the past and present, or do you seek only the future?”

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next