Closed Peace and Quiet, Carving and meditation

Banir finds a nice quite spot to simply carve and clear his head

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Peace and Quite, Carving and meditation

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 21st, 2012, 12:36 am

Ana disregarded what the other girl was saying, leading her away, easily enough.

"You don't know me, I don't know you- but just trust me on this," Ana whispered hurridly, importantly "I know Ximal, and you don't want to push him over the edge."

Biting her lip, she glanced over her shoulder- hand gripping the girls wrist delicately "and by the sounds of it, you've went and made him teeter close to a cliff....Trust me... You do not want that. No matter how satsifying it may seem to get the better of him" Ana turned to look back in front of her. They really were heading in the direction for the medical petal, but Ana slowly began to make them veer closer to the edge, where nets would catch them if they were to fall. It was for the best anyways, especially when she had this strange one in her seemingly compliant grasp.

"I'm Ana, by the way," she stated, as if to make a distracting conversation "who are you? I don't think I caught your name. I know you may not be sick, but you should seriously consider your death wishes carefully." They were getting farther and farther away from the trouble that could ensue, Ana had inadvertantly prevented a disaster. Hopefully it would stay that way, though she wanted to ensure that it did, Ana made them stop for a moment, where she would turn to stand in front of Alea. The ex-thief still had a very bad feeling about this girl, so she had to make sure.

"I may be a stranger, and it may have been against my better judgement to help you- but do you think you could not anger the beast? You're lucky I managed to get you off scott-free, so do me a favor- stay away from him and behave, okay?" Ana stared from under her hood at the girl, she looked to be no more than a teenager really, a young woman, one fiercesome like a bull- acted like one too. If Alea took Ana's advice, she would begin herding the girl to the medical petal, if not, or if she started to try and go back, Ana did something she never believed she could, or ever would do.

All in the name of safety.

She would lunge, and wrap her arms around the girls waist tightly, under the girls arms- then immediately turn her body to the side, feet acting as a pivot, and driving the small thiefs own weight to add into the girls, throwing them off balance, to push them off the petal and to land in the nets down below; which could hold the weight of a good few Jamouras. Hopefully having the element of surprise on her side, after all, the girl had come that far with her willingly. Would she have expected the small woman next to her to do this?

Ana knew sickness alright, she was mad in the head anyways.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vaspira on December 21st, 2012, 11:39 am

Vaspira walked along a path, sniffing the air, trying to find the Shrine of Navre. All of a sudden she came upon a disagreement among four individuals. Vaspira desperately wanted to follow the intense pull to the shrine, but curiosity got the best of her, especially when she saw the young woman being called, "Ana," tug the other woman away. Vaspira delved into the shadows and wrapped her bladed cloak tightly around her body, as she watched "Ana" take the girl close to the edge.

Vaspira tried to read the woman's body language from her view point, but she could not clearly see her from this far. She could not determine if she meant harm to the woman or if she was helping her, or both. Vaspira glanced at the two enormous men and then at the two women, wondering if she could sneak a little closer to feed her curious appetite.

Vaspira shrank more into the shadows and began to slowly inch closer to the two women and pass the two men. Vaspira used her heightened senses to listen in at what "Ana" was telling the other woman. From what Vaspira gathered by "Ana" talking to the woman, she was trying to save her from being hurt by one of the big men. Vaspira could also see "Ana's" body tensing just a little, which meant that she was going to do what ever necessary to protect the woman from being hurt. Vaspira grinned at that, and decided to be on her way, hopefully unseen. She turned her back to the two women, glanced over at the two men, and began her slow inching away from the group.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alea Davenport on December 22nd, 2012, 12:14 am

Alea grudgingly followed and listened to Ana. She didn't like Ximal not getting what he deserved, but maybe for Ana's sake Alea could try to stay away from him. Alea knew if she spent much time in his presence, she wouldn't be able to control herself, but if she just made sure they never met, maybe her friends wouldn't have to get so worked up...

Alea took one last wistful look back at the conflict she was abandoning... which was when she saw another girl taking an interest in their little scene. How many people were going to show up anyway? It was supposed to just be a fun reunion between two old friends, but other people kept getting involved. That was it, next time Alea was taking Banir somewhere they wouldn't be interrupted.

Alea was about to follow Ana at least out of earshot (she was hardly going to traipse all the way to the medical petal), but she couldn't resist a final parting shot. Pointing to the newly arrived girl, she shouted at Ximal, "Look, there's another--GAK!" Before she could point out that there was in fact a witness to their collective disturbance of the peace, Alea felt a tug at her midsection, and suddenly she was falling.

She hadn't realized how precariously close to the edge Ana had led her. Alea had spent the season since her arrival being very careful not to fall off, for fear of tumbling to her death possibly thousands of feet below. At the horrific and unexpected realization that such a death was imminent, a high-pitched scream erupted from Alea's throat.

It felt like she had left her stomach up in the air behind her. Her arms and legs flailed uncontrollably, trying to catch a surface that just wasn't there. After what seemed like an eternity but was more like one and a half ticks, Alea landed in something soft and stretchy, which slowed her descent and stopped her screaming. It took her until she was just bouncing gently before she realize she had been caught in a net. When she finally had spare attention to be aware of her racing heart, she looked around for Ana and saw her bobbing nearby.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vaspira on December 22nd, 2012, 2:04 am

Last edited by Vaspira on December 27th, 2012, 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Banir Ironwood on December 22nd, 2012, 5:03 am

Banir only offered a light sigh as he felt that his attempt to distract Ximal was a failure. A rather notable failure at that. He talked of madness in the wake of anger, though to him one was simply a symptom of the other. He had seen the depths of his fathers rage, what it pushed him to do. To say in short he had a feeling if Xi was able to relax, focus and keep steady his mind. Then he would be able to hold back whatever it was that was ailing him. Though he'd not force the issue upon the man. After all it was best that a man made his own choices, though he had a certain loud friend who didn't understand that. As Banir's red eyes now dominated with white for the moment kept settled on Ximal's form. Watching for anymore signs of trouble, he saw few perhaps none though it could have been his eyes playing tricks on him.

He heard something behind him, turning he saw Ana and Alea still standing by the edge undisturbed by the noise he had heard. Looking a little more he examined and saw a woman creeping along. Wondering silently what on earth she was doing. More importantly was she aware everyone could see her? She was walking with a black coat clear as day against the dull brown of the wooden petal. She stuck out like a sore thumb, though his face was hidden his eyes shinned a curious orange. But what she did was none of his business and he turned away to face Ximal once more. Thinking about trying to at least show his limited carving skills. If anything merely to show he was capable in something other than destruction and pain.

His attention snapped as he heard a shout, turning quickly with wide eyes his hand flexed. The heavy cold iron claw ready to tear an assailant apart. Though despite this violence was not his first thought. It was the safety of Alea, wondering if she was alright. Hoping that she wasn't harmed. He took off full sprint noticing the woman had walked to the edge herself. Banir wanted to make sure she was alright. That she hadn't actually missed the nets that would have caught her. Knowing her splendid luck chances are she was safe, but he'd be a horrible friend if he didn't worry. Approaching the edge he peered over the edge ignoring the woman offering help. His heart rested easier seeing that Alea was merely bouncing in the nets.

Backing away visibly relieved that she was alright, the troublesome woman was alive for another day. Another day of hell he may have to suffer at her hands, but he'd suffer at no one else's hands. Taking long and slow breaths he calmed himself, panic had taken him in that moment. A turquoise had taken his eyes when he heard her scream. Though they briefly for a moment turned a happy yellow, before returning to their calm white with a little bit of red in the center. Silently he wondered if she'd really be the death of him.

OOCHey Vaspira! Need you to check your messages next to the User Control Panel. If you're having trouble look to the top that says CHAT and click it. Anyone will be willing to help you
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ximal on December 22nd, 2012, 5:33 am

Xi was now calm again knowing that ana was sorting out the ... pain that was alea however what Xi didnt realize she was going to do...Was what she did she careened herself backwards and pulled herself and alea off of the top of the spires into the nets. Xi damn near sprinted to the edge. If they got hurt even slightly it wopuld be his fault and he'd be damned if that was on his conscience. Though peeking over the edge he saw the pair of them safe. Damn ana, what was she thinking? Xi shook his head and spotted a small a thick branch poking up through the wooden pathways. Reaching into the back pack he pulled out a length of rope and tied a pair of knots into one end. What on earth was ana thinking ? sure she was trying to keep alea and banir safe but still. that was just plane insanity and he knew insanity. Shaking his head he looped the rope around the tree branch before tossing the longer end down the edge of the pathway into the net between alea and ana.

"Alright geniuses grab hold of the rope and i'll pull you up." Xi put his weight into the rope and held it like an anchor, heck he could possibly pull the pair of them up at once if they both latched hold. ""Banir. Can i ask you. Why exactly are you protecting her ? Not to sound rude but why would you protect someone like that. Or at least let her get away with acting like that? I know your a nice guy and all but there is a point where you become a push over. I'd just bear that in mind for future reference."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ana Sol Starris on December 22nd, 2012, 9:20 pm

As they went over the edge, Ana kept her eyes opened and watched as the net got closer and closer until finally she let go of Alea and tried to turn herself so she wouldn't land face first into it. The air that went past her face made her eyes dry, but water, yet, the feeling of free falling was amazing if not exhillerating. Ana didn't scream, but her newly made friend had in fear, did she not know of the nets? Ana wondered with a wide smile.

When she hit the nets and felt her bodys weight plus the other girls weight work simantaneously to make the net dip downwards a bit, and then come back up to make them bounce lightly. Ana looked down below through the nets squares of woven rope, stunned by how high they were; in that moment she began to smile, which led to hysterical laughter that seemed to echo around them, it was coming from deep inside her- and it felt good.

Rolling over, she looked up at the three grinning and then to Alea, the grin fading into a tired smile. Blinking, she mumbled to the girl "lets do that again...!" and passed out promptly, eyes shutting as her last word slurred. Had Ana fallen asleep for real? She snored very lightly, and her chest began to rise rhythmetically up and down slowly. It had, in fact been awhile since she had actually slept.. Aproximately four to five days.

Images of free falling, accompanied by the feeling of wind brushing past her entered her dreams very quickly, and for once in her life- she slept peacefully. It was almost unreal at how quickly she had fallen asleep, it was as if it had been destined, planned by fate; perhaps it was a sham, a trick, but no one would ever know unless they woke her up.
Ana Sol Starris
Sneak Thief

Words: 706912
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2012, 3:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vaspira on December 23rd, 2012, 12:47 am

Vaspira backed off to let the two concerned men by and removed the hood of her cloak inspecting the two men. They both had strength and anger radiating off of them, she did not need to know how to read auras to tell that much. They both seemed really concerned for the women, so they did not mean them harm. The one called Xi lowered something down to the girls to get them back up. Vaspira's ears perked at hysterical laughter, and she could not help but frown at such a response. She leaned over and looked down over the petal at the two woman, but it was silent because Ana had passed out. Xi was asking the other one, Banir, a personal question during that time, so Vaspira assumed they did not notice the hysterical laughter and their friend passing out.

Vaspira cleared her throat and decided to take a step forward, gently tapping Xi on the shoulder.

"Ahem, excuse me Xi, right? Well your friend down there seems to have passed out, so I do not think she is going to be able to grab a hold of anything just yet. So maybe we can ask those personal questions later, yeah?"

Vaspira gave a small smile, trying to indicate that she was not meaning to be rude by that last comment, and backed up to give the two men more room to rescue the two woman.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Alea Davenport on December 23rd, 2012, 11:33 pm

Alea was still recovering from the shock of almost falling to her death, but when Ana started laughing, she couldn't help but grin in response. Now that she thought about it, barring the fear for her life, that had been kind of fun. Maybe she would take Ana up on her offer to do that again... now that she knew it was relatively safe.

When Ximal lowered the rope, Alea glared, and then made a point of ignoring him. The only way she could restrain herself from biting off his eyebrows was if she pretended he didn't exist. And that meant finding another way out of the nets. She looked toward the far side, wondering if she and Ana could climb her way up... but as she looked at Ana, it seemed the other girl had other plans.

Ana appeared to be asleep. Alea supposed that was one way to avoid having to acknowledge Ximal's existence, but she wasn't sure it was as good. What was to prevent Ximal from coming down after them? Pretending to be asleep was a decent cover from a distance, but Alea at least would never be able to keep it up if that arrogant jerk got close.

Unfortunately, unless she wanted to carry Ana up the nets herself, it didn't look like she had much of a choice. With a mental shrug, she collapsed next to Ana and tried to look like they were just taking an opportune nap. With luck, the spectators would go away and she and Ana could make their getaway. She kept an ear out in case one of them tried something funny, running possible escape plans through her head while she waited.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Peace and Quiet, Carving and meditation

Postby Banir Ironwood on December 27th, 2012, 8:59 am

Banir looked over the edge time and again to check on the well being of the women who had fallen into the nets. His sense of urgency though dimmed was still present as he noticed they where unconscious. Though rationality reached his mind as he only sighed. Thinking about falling down and carrying them both up on his own he heard Ximal's question. He took a pause and wondered why he did feel so concerned and protective of Mizahar's most irritating person. She certainly has only ever made him worry, drawn out his rage, or made him fear his own actions. In fact he couldn't even think of any reason, and he steadily began to fear his sanity for continually putting his neck on the line for her. Looking to Ximal and giving the best answer he could think of he took in his breath and with his gruff voice responded. "She's one of the first, friends that I've ever had."

It wasn't much but Banir believed loyalty was something few people could afford. And although he wondered sometimes if Alea really did deserve his loyalty, his protection. He just started having a terrible feeling in his chest, like someone was trying to rip out his lungs. He just shook his head and looked back over. Sighing he prepared another breath as he focused his words once more, preparing his throat to shout. "Hey! Alea! If you don't start climbing, I'm going to come down, and drag you up!"

He hoped that would stir her to action he pulled closer to the edge. Maybe if he fell on top of her? All it would take is a little warning, a grunt before his jump, and the armour on his person would make plenty of noise on the way down. He leaned over the edge a little more, his hefty weight teetering as he peered over the edge. He looked over at Ximal and the new woman for a moment. Then he leaned over the edge himself nearly falling over this time, he took a step back worried he would actually fall over.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext