Completed It's Okay...

''The greatest pain is... loss.''

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

It's Okay...

Postby Noaru on December 8th, 2012, 7:24 am

Winter 1, 512. A.V.

There were times that even I questioned my own existence. I've existed for so long, drawing my strength from the dark emotions of humans that I have become detached from the world--the natural world that I was born into... you remain here longing to see the outside world... I can grant you this freedom, if you give me permission... to enter... friend.

The soul mist upon Noaru's body glowed with a marvelous hue; he outstretched his hand and focused, willing his soulmist to become solid and definite! The spirit's will resonated with his power which was pure and new to him... he had never seen it react this way before. Noaru's soulmist had lost its dark and eerie texture that it had before... now it was vibrant and clear! The spirit's appearance was different that what it normally was before--no longer did Noaru don that obscure black robe but instead he wore a robe that flowed completely with white, it was calm and soothing much like the surface of a still pond.

Noaru had a satisfied grin upon his face, he had not met a human, a being as unique as the old man before him; if he had only met this person some thousands of years ago, he would not have taken or ruined the lives of those he's encountered. The old man takes a hold of his hand and smiles, his aged body shaking as he did so; it was odd how someone who was about to die could be so composed... this old mans will remained strong and yet kept this weird peacefulness around himself. Noaru vanishes, his white soulmist flowing around this old mans body; their wills conjoining together, Noaru could see the strength within this mans heart, it revealed to him the testament of this mans resolve... strong and unrelenting!

Finally, Noaru successfully possess this man and walks him to the door, he grasps onto the handle and pulls it open. The light of the sun shines down upon him and then dissipates, he see's a land covered in gold and jade; grass of old and new mixed together and swayed in the direction of the wind, it was a beautiful sight as if the world was welcoming him into it for the last time.

What you see is the world I was introduced to in the beginning, beautiful isn't it? The world that you've ignored and never paid attention to was this beautiful all this time... do you have any regrets?

Noaru could hear a silent “No” and “Thank you” within this old mans mind before he dies, it was the next day when his body was laid to rest... Noaru appeared at this mans burial, shocking the many people that accompanied the moment of respect to Kasai, he said these simple words and in his own way laid his friends body to rest...undertaking.

Kasai was a human who taught me meditation and ways of calming my turbulent spirit. I respect him even more so now that he isn't with me anymore, it will be hard to remain in his home now but I would like to say that even though I've only known him for three days, he was like a father that I've never had... someone I've known all my life.

The moment of silence ended once Kasai's body was laid beneath the ground, Noaru disappeared before anyone could mention anything to him and silently he walked away, passing by Kasai's house as he did so... a small leaf falls from the tree Noaru had passed and flies into the window of Kasai's house. There it flows through the air and lands on a drawn picture of Noaru and Kasai, standing next to each other... their smiling faces and friendship immortalized forever.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

It's Okay...

Postby Echelon on December 22nd, 2012, 4:14 pm

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is its own reward.
Noaru's Loot :
Noaru Draconaus

Lore:
Visage of Purity
Helpful Hand of A Wise Man
A Final Thank You
Lasai's Funeral

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes: I'm afraid this thread did not outline skills in a way that challenged your character, so there was no increase in skill. Alos, try to stay in past tense.

(This was a touching thread, and rather exhilarating piece of flash fiction. Unfortunately it lacked the depth and detail that is usually expected from solos. I am sure more important information could have been told in this thread, had you been willing to write more. Thank you for sharing, I did enjoy it. Would have liked to read more.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook