Solo [Arrhizal Apothecary] Potions, Poisons and Jobs

Kyra has finally decided to see if she could get a job from a rather grumpy apothecary.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Arrhizal Apothecary] Potions, Poisons and Jobs

Postby Serensskyra on December 15th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Timestamp: 2nd of Winter 512

Kyra was bundled up tightly to block out the cold, which was not as awful as she knew it would be in a week or so. The fickle warmth of fall still blew through the streets on occasion but the frost was creeping in. Her steps sped up as a cold breeze ruffled her hair and clothing. She had set out with a purpose but right now she was tempted to follow the light pull of her key home. Where here was warmth. And a dwindling food supply. She sighed, she needed to get a job so she could have the funds she needed to live, and maybe open her own shop one day as well. She looked over the shops, which one could use a philterer, or a herbalist? She sighed as she rested against a wall. She was going to check the Bizarre if she ran into it, to see one of the stall herbalists and see if they needed an assistant.

She pulled her body off the wall and began to look again, a few of the famous Ionu's stars were flitting around already, a multitude of colors flashed as she walked. Some of them already purposed into objects made to decorate. Others were the live ones. Hanging from trees and houses. Waiting for someone to try to catch them so they could run away. She wasn't looking for a star today though, maybe tomorrow. Right now she needed a job.

So she walked for what must have been a bell and a half or so. She was getting tired and was about to go home when she saw it. A shop she hadn't really even considered because she knew it wouldn't come to her if she looked for it specifically and also because of the owners infamy. But then again, she didn't have anything to lose by going in there. Only something to gain.

So she plucked up her courage, she was a fearsome Dhani woman. This man was a human, who had two negative Gnosis. He should not scare her. Though she'd never admit it she felt it, deep in her, the slightest twinge of fear. Of rejection, as any living being is liable to feel. But she was a good Philterer, no longer a novice and a decent herbalist. And she doubted many would even think of working with the man, so he'd have to consider the idea.

So with these thought in her head she strode to the door of the Arrhizal Apothecary and opened the door. No happy chime accompanied her entering, only the sight of potion bottles and cans strewn around in a mess. Something that Kyra did not appreciate as she kept her own workplace organized and clean, to avoid confusion when she needed something. If she began working here she'd have to clean this place up. How could he work here?

And the man of question was right in the middle of the shop, scowling at the woman who had entered his shop and interrupted his train of thought. He was pale, deathly so, and with a longer than normal head. Kyra, a being who appreciated beauty, was repulsed by his appearance.

As he looked upon the odd woman who had walked into his shop, taller with tan skin and piercing green eyes framed by long black and green hair, with a figure hidden by layers of clothes unnecessary for most this early in the winter season. He wondered why she was here. Interrupting him. Was she an Avatar of Ionu, here to curse him yet again? She didn't appear sick. His hand gripped a bottle next to him, anger rushing through him at such a rude protrusion into hi shop. She still hadn't spoken.

"What do you want?"He demanded.

Serensskyra
Player

Words: 18994
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 3:05 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Serensskyra on January 25th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Kyra smiled lightly, it was tight lipped and a dangerous smile. The man's grip on the bottle loosened as a slight chill of fear scurried up his spine. She wasn't in her Dhani form but any human with working instincts would recognize a predator, in any guise. Especially when they sent cold look and venomous smiles their ways.

"I wish to look around." she informed him, her voice cool.

Kirwen glared at her, but he didn't throw any bottles at her, something she had heard he liked to do.

Kyra looked at the bottles lined up, pulling one or two down to sniff at them. She smiled when she identified the potions correctly and frowned when she was sniffing or looking at something she knew nothing about.

Eventually Kirwen's patience for her presence. There were two red circles on his cheeks, the only color on his skin. It was obvious he was not happy with having someone browse through his shop. And to so blatantly show off her ability to smell! How rude, how unbearably rude! This woman just waltzes into his store with no explanation to her actions and proceeds to show off what she has that he doesn't!

So Kirwen, his voice spitting anger, repeats his previous question. Kyra, now done with her examination of the place and content that this wouldn't be too bad of a place to work, heck she'd probably learn a good deal of stuff working here, turns to him. Now she can fully answer his question, and she makes sure her voice isn't unnecessarily mean, no need to make her future boss any more angry at her than he already was.

But first she needed to get closer to him, people liked eye contact. She supposed, she was used to dealing with Rattlers more so than humans, even with her years from the nest. She walked up to his desk, well more likely the word glided would be better fit as her feet deftly navigated the cluttered floor. Once she reached the desk a small smile graced her lips, the smile didn't quite reach her eyes those. They were cool as they looked into Kirwen's eyes, into his soul. She judged the man there, the man who had received Inou's ire, Ionu Kyra's most respected god. But she couldn't let that get ahead of her, she needed the money if she was to survive through the next season.

"Your store has exquisite potions. I find I can't put a name to many of them and the ones I can are so well crafted I find myself green with envy." Kyra decided that starting out with compliments might make him more prone to listening to her job proposal, and make him like her more. Besides nothing she said was a lie.

Kirwen was slightly shocked, he hadn't expected her to say that. And he knew his potions were well crafted. The best in the city. But no one ever told him that, few people ever talked to him other than to tell him what they needed. Kirwen swelled slightly with pride at the compliment to his skills. And her comment suggested the woman had some history with herbalism, perhaps he could get some things out of her. If she knew anything he didn't, which would be unlikely. But his anger was obviously cooling after her compliment and Kyra struck, figuratively speaking.

"I would love to learn from a master of your obvious skills. I am competent in philtereing and I am fairly good with herbs and the like. But of course my skills are pathetic in relation to yours. This is why I need to learn from one such as you, to learn how to make amazing potions and poultices." Kyra kept a tight mental grip on her voice, making sure her lisp didn't slip through and ruin her chances.

Kirwen looked over the girl in a new light, liking her compliments and as a result actually considering her proposal. No one had ever asked to work for him before, he was a social pariah in the eyes of Alvadas. No one would want to work for him. And he himself had no skill with philtering, so this girl would be useful simply because of that.

Kirwen entertained the thought of having a student of his own, someone who listened to every word he said and had to do whatever he ordered. He had never been above someone, able to order them around. He found he liked this idea very much. He looked back at the exotic woman. Yes, he could have uses for this woman.

But he couldn't make it that easy.

"Well perhaps you might be of use to me. But why should I pick you and not some bumbling fool off the street?" Kirwen asked.

Kyra hid her annoyance, wasn't it obvious?

"As I said, I have skills in herbalism and philtering, something not many have abilities in. I am willing to do as you instruct, and I work hard. And wouldn't an extra pair of hands around the shop be helpful to you?" Kyra kept her voice persuasive, needing to make him want to hire her, not fear her so much he did it to keep her from killing him.

Kirwen considered these new thoughts again and finally he nodded.

"Fine. I'll hire you. But first you need to clean the store." he ordered her, waiting to see how she handled the menial task.

Kyra nodded, a smile lighting up her face as she began to pick up discarded bottles and containers.

Serensskyra
Player

Words: 18994
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 3:05 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallacy on February 17th, 2013, 10:01 pm

XP Award!

Name:Serensskyra
XP Award:
  • N/A
Lore:
  • Repulsed by Kirwen
  • Start with a Compliment
  • Asking for a Job
  • Hired!
Notes:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic30873.html <-- Here is a link to your Storyteller Secrets Thread (SS thread for short). Welcome to being a Herbalist for 6 GM a day.

You'll begin with doing smaller things for Kirwen, such as collecting various plants that he needs and cleaning his shop. Once he has gained more confidence in you, then he will allow Serensskyra to start making simple concoctions for various clients that he is too busy to do himself. Small things, again, simple things that 'he knows even you can handle'.

A small note, please, please dont PM me grades even it is for the job we talked about. Things get buried easily in PMs and forgot about.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)