[Flashback] The Warm Touch of Winter (Cypress)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Nustril on May 29th, 2010, 6:29 am

He took her possessions with a nod and shouldered them with much difficulty. On a good day he could pick her up and throw her over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes, in addition to all of her gear. Today was not a good day. Before she leaned down to pick up the deer he gave her an encouraging kiss on the cheek. It bothered him for her to have to do all of the heavy lifting. That was one of the many reasons that she had him.

With her staggering around like a drunk under the weight it was his responsibility to lead the way and occasionally steady her. He would help her with the burden as he could until she was forced to lower it to the ground, and from then on he would walk close to her with one hand on her shoulder. "Be careful not to wear yourself out. That deer looks about the same size as a goat I carried once, and I remember that wasn't any fun."
Nustril
Determined Huggler

Words: 31459
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2010, 1:15 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cypress on May 29th, 2010, 6:41 am

Half way, that was all she could manage with the weight of the deer on her shoulders. They began to ache, while her legs felt as though they had been stripped of their bones. With as much control as she could muster, she let the bulk of the deer slide down her back. It landed with a thud on the forest floor.

Out of breath and worn, she braced her hands on her knees, bending to take a little break. "It looked so much smaller than it feels." She panted at Nustril, her words forced out between breaths.

The minutes passed and slowly her breathing returned to normal. Stretching her hands over her head, she heard something snap in her back, it made it feel a little better. "I'm ready." She wrapped her hands around the front legs of the deer and began to drag it. The moist, slippery ground aided in helping her pull it. "This isn't so bad." She slipped her arm around Nustril's waist, settling into that crook.

The remainder of the return trip was slow going, but not so tiring as the first leg. Soon enough, they were back in the shelter of the cave and Cypress collapsed onto the layered pile of blankets.
The truth is never pure, and rarely simple
Cypress
Player

Words: 54936
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2010, 4:46 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Nustril on May 29th, 2010, 6:51 am

Though he really did not feel up to it, Nustril sat Cypress' gear down and began to put the cave in order. He carefully pulled the kill out of the way and moved it to a clear space on the floor. The animals were a little spooked by the scent of blood, but it was Cypress' job to comfort them. He didn't usually comfort food. No matter what she said the Oxen were always a back up ration plan.

When she moved to help him he winced and forced her to take a rest. She was a tough woman, but she was not used to that much heavy lifting. "A few minutes to catch your breath. I'll get the fire roaring, if you know what I mean." He winked and moved over toward the fire pit they had dug. Sweeping some debris from the edges he added more logs.

"What did you think I meant?"

~Thread Finished~
Nustril
Determined Huggler

Words: 31459
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2010, 1:15 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on June 9th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Character: Nustril
Experience: 1 XP Wilderness Survival, 1 XP Tracking, 1 XP Flirting
Lore: What’s Proper Food, Long Recovery from Wounds, Being great moral support

Character: Cypress
Experience: 1 XP Wilderness Survival, 3 XP Medicine, 1 XP Tracking, 1 XP Shortbow
Lore: Bargaining with a Hungry Kelvic, Tending the Ill

Additional Note: I could have given a lot more medicine (and will if you’d like to edit) if Cypress could have gone into more detail about how she was tending Nustril’s wounds. I thought this thread charming, and loved the play of words between the two.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous