Closed Hit me with your best shot. ( Zandelia )

Training training and more training. Possibly a little conversation too.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Hit me with your best shot. ( Zandelia )

Postby Ximal on December 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm

24th. Winter. 512AV

Clear, frosty, and very cold. The best way to describe the training grounds at this time of day. Within the emptiness of the training grounds it's usual hulking figure remained, curling his hands into fists and striking a post he'd staked into the ground. every blow heavy and at full force, yet the earth was solid a stone and the steak would not move. Deep breaths, slow methodical. Xi could feel his djed flowing around his body feeding his muscles it's slow pathway roaring through him. Feeling it feed it's way to his fingertips Xi took deep breaths and then focused on the steak in the ground.
The venom of the darkest sin...Poison black.
Letting his muscles release their djed payload but in the manner of speed as opposed to strength he let his arms snap out. One punch was thrown at where his opponent's face would be the other was thrown at where their stomach would be. A simple technique but it held enough speed and power to shift the steak in the earth, and leave a stinging sensation in Xi's hands. Letting out a slow breath Xi fell towards the floor catching himself on his hands and starting his usual routine but in more excess than usual. He needed a new training partner, one that was fast, whilst banir was good against a strong and slow moving opponent, he needed one which could skirt around his moves as opposed to take them head on. seventy-four...seventy-five...seventy-six... Xi was pushing on for a hundred push ups but with each one his muscles rang out in pain now. he'd have to stop at eighty-three. Dropping himself onto the ground and then rising back to full muster again, but slowly. His rise from the ground took longer than it should have due to his over exertion.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Zandelia on December 26th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Zandelia was enjoying the cold, the frost thickening into glistening sheets of light, reflecting the sun in ways that had taught her one could get burnt without being warm. It was strange to her, Sunberth not known for heavy falls of snow, nor the amount of ice that was clearly only natural in the Spires. She could remember, only a season or two ago now, how damned humid it had been. Now it was dry, the moisture forced into beautiful ice sculptures of infinite variety. She smiled softly, appreciating the beauty for as long as she could – she had outstayed her welcome in the trees.

Beautiful indeed, a place of rare peace and tranquility now. The Edge, though now dead, helped with that at least. We did something good, for once she thought to herself amiably as she made her way down and into the training grounds once more.

Truth be told, she spent far more time training than she had ever done before, even in Sunberth. There was little of interest for her now that the Reclamation had finished. There were no enemies to fight but the elements, no secrets to be known that were not freely found through diligent searching. She had some informants now also, and they were the one who worked for her – rather than working for her own knowledge. It was a simple place she was in now, far removed from the complexities that fascinated her in other cities. No, training was all she had and all she cared for recently. Until word came of other horizons and the snows passed she was trapped.

She was not surprised in the least to spy Ximal, thumping away at one of the training posts that had been erected. He was different to before he had left Sunberth. Hardened and yet seemingly far more fragile. She thought he saw himself as soft, with no enemies to fight and little outlet for aggression he seemed a caged animal. He was that rare psychological specimen that rebelled against stagnation, felt that it was a chain which held him down. She had watched him often of late, gauging his improvements and strengths, filing away his weaknesses – in all things. Of those left from the Sunberthian expedition she watched him the least, but still she watched.

She was a creature of habit these days after all. She sighed and made her way slowly down towards him, she had come to train and not idly muse upon humanity and its inherent contradictions. No, she had one mission left now, to destroy her progenitor, and it was now time to be serious about doing so – deadly serious. She needed to be ready when she received word of his whereabouts and she would not be ready if she did not improve. Combat skills were of primary importance, developing her fitness and her mental aptitude of secondary preference.

And Ximal is the natural choice to help me develop, he know unarmed combat and he knows his way around weapons enough to be of use in that arena also. Who knows, perhaps I could persuade him to come with me? she toyed with the idea as she watched him perform push ups to exhaustion.

“Ximal, my brawny friend,” she called as she paced closer, “can’t finish today eh? I only saw about eighty there! You’re not putting on weight are you now? It’d be a shame to challenge someone to a spar or two only to find out they lack the…stamina!” she tucked at him, half-mockingly.

“Although, there is talk among the women folk of certain things…” she let the sentence die off without completion as she read his face for any reaction.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on December 26th, 2012, 11:20 pm

The breath rolled out of him slowly, every thing he'd done. Every effort to get stronger, only made him feel weaker in the long run. and damn it all if it was helping, Every precaution he'd taken wasnt helping him, or at least it seemed to not be. His breaths slow buyt heavy as flexed his fingers in a hope to feel at least something. Some trace of improvement some from of torsion or tension. There was nothing. Not so much as a single hint that his training had bore any fruits.He raised his hand to his head exhaling out a sigh of heavy proportions. his right hand careened ionto the training post and he could feel the reverberations all the way up his arm to his shoulder. DAMN IT! How am i supposed to get stronger when i don't feel any change. He rubbed his temples accordingly with the pattern of his thoughts . Slow methodical, but buzzing with ideas. Then from no-where he heard a familiar voice call out his name. Twisting his body around slightly he caught a glimpse of the person who'd a called him. Still he smiled as she spoke. Her usual way of speaking was a little gibing but still meant in good humour. Xi curled his mouth into small half grin at her words as she drew closer. Xi tilted his head lightly, and almost retorted but in the same good humor.

And hello to you as well zand. To be honest if there was talk about me from women to do with those certain things it would be a shock. Mostly because i haven't done any of that in the last two seasons. Unlike most other men i have some semblance of self control...If i didn't then there would be an issue. Still, it's not that i lack stamina but-" Rolling his shoulders back he allowed the two backpacks he wore fo slide down his arms before he brought them around to his front, his breathing now significantly lighter. before opening them to show zand their content of huge heavy rocks. He'd left their usual content at his room in the tavern today. And then set them on the ground. "-Restriction of it. How can stamina grow? Without some form of restriction? Besides hats without taking the armour or the weapons into account. Which i never do. Still if you think i lack stamina in that regard i'd be willing to prove you wrong there." A small somewhat joking yet honest grin still plying at his features, as he lifted his arms over head he stretched out before dropping his arms loose at his side. Still it seemed strange to him that she was out here.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on December 26th, 2012, 11:46 pm

“Two whole seasons?” she responded, raising her eyebrows as she reassessed him with her single green orb, “no wonder you’re tense and hitting that post hard enough to crack your own knuckles. Guess we’ll have to find you a tumble in the snow before you really start hurting things” she smiled back, her lips pinched to enhance their shape.

No way of him knowing I go for more sensual forms, and a little flirtation get a lot these days she thought within the privacy of her own skull as she regarded the stone-filled backpack without showing her surprise.

It was strange to her, the feeling of surprise. She took great pains to know what people’s habits were yet she had never suspected Ximal trained with extra weight. Perhaps she had never considered it as she had never truly developed her own strength beyond the point here her body was the only necessity. Still, it was a logical progression when she thought about it objectively, especially for a man of his size. He spent all of his time honing himself towards perfection, showing obvious frustration with his lack of massive progress, so it was only natural that his body was simply too easy a weight for him now. She looked him up and down, considering her words.

“Well, you may be stronger and more skilled after my absence, but I have a few tricks that you may wish to know of. Sunberth was an excellent tutor in that regard. Very well, I accept your challenge – if challenge it was” she finished, waiting for his slight nod between his half-grins before beginning her preparation.

She pulled her weapons from their various places and dropped them to the ground. Tonfa came first, the rope at the base of her back second. Daggers, assassins beads, the spikes from her gauntlets, all were dropped into the rather impressive pile. Lastly, she pulled her father’s knife from her boot sheathe and drove it into the ground – half to the hilt. Her first gripped it tightly, knuckles whitening in a rare rage before she let go of it. Her Shadowsilk robes followed, slinking down her form softly as she undid them and kicked them to the side. The brisk cold assaulted her form after her studded leather armor followed. She felt naked, though she still wore breeches, blouse and tight corset

“There, now we are even. No gear, no extra weight and nothing but ourselves dear Ximal,” she spoke finally, “just try and stop looking at my breasts or you will definitely lose. They’ve killed many” she grinned at him wolfishly.

Her methodical stripping of encumbrance was no show, not entirely. It was meant to disrupt his thoughts, surely, however she also knew that as he was the stronger then her speed was her best advantage in the arena of combat. The quicker and less restricted she could make herself the better things would go for her. She settled herself into a defensive stance, left foot forwards and knees bent. Her hands were open and relaxed, her left in front and her right to her side.

“Oh look, it’s Ana, wonder if she would make this a three-way fight?” she spoke out suddenly, her gaze shifting beyond Ximal to a point behind him.

She waited for his head to turn, gauging the expression on his face, and launched forwards in an assault whilst he was momentarily distracted. She brought her right foot around in a kick to his side. She knew he would block it, it was more to see if she could goad something foolish from him by cheating. A test of his aforementioned self-control.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on December 27th, 2012, 12:23 am

Xi tilted his head lightly ad her explanation and reiteration of what he'd just spoken. Sure he'd gone completely free for two seasons but, with the amount of work he was steeped in it really hadn't shown it'self that much. Though ehr second remark did make him smile somewhat. Though her next sentiments he hadn't expected to hear from her. few ever commented on how much he'd grown, most still thought they could best him with no effort what so ever, so the look of shock at those words might have been a little too visible, after all even with constrain emotion shock wasn't one he was used to dealing with. Though she did have a point, sunberth was a good tutor, mostly in the art of how to stay alive. It didn't matter what you had to do there, so long as you retained your life. From either murderers or slavers, as long as your life was yours you won. Though her challenging him was something he didn't expect either. Only those with skill or with foolishness challenged him. Xi knew zand was no fool so she fully intended to test herself. Coughing lightly ne nodded his head and she began to remove her weaponry. Perhaps Xi had better do the same he thoght to himself. Xi saught to free himself from his normal weapon contenace too, especially the enormous heavy bow he carried nowadays, a bow at tall as he was.

Backpacks filled with rocks. gauntlets, hand axes, battleaxe, war axe, crossbow, longbow, quiver, vambraces, greaves, quiver, cloak, fur trench coat, body pack. Xi breathed deep, he carried a lot of equipment with him, and without his cloaks he felt the biting chill of the air, the frost glazed wind fulled his lungs and made him feel refreshed. Finally to make sure that he fuully hid nothing he removed his shirt. Mostly to prove hwe was hiding no extra armour, partially to help keep his upper body movement unrestricted. Now the biting wind was really starting to stab at him. Especially the strongly burnt area of his chest. It felt as if the very air itself was trying to claw into his chest from the outside. He coughed lightly, to clear his throat and listened to her. No extra gear, no added weight restrictions. It seemed she wanted him to fight at full strength and speed. Still her next comment did bring a rather sarcastic but still amused grin to his face.
"I'm sure they have killed many, and from the looks of it they've many more to kill yet. Still ive been in the city of the naked for two solid seasons. It's not going to effect me that much. " Xi rolled his shoulders lightly as he sank into his newly adapted stance. Ready for attack from any angle. his hands half closed but open enough to grip hold , his form compact and tight leaving little openings save for those he knew of. Hi right first in front of his face covering his chin and neck, his left partially extended, left planted forwards, and right foot slid back. Grounded, hard to move.

Then zand mentioned ana. What was she doing here. A little confused he twisted his head lightly. Just enough to check over his shoulder, and then he heard a swish. and his body reacted almost accordingly his head snaopped back around and he clocked her right thigh raised, shifting his left arm he used his left forearm to block the strike. He should have known she'd do something like this. Having mentioned sunberth, she fought by those rules. Xi fought by his own. Xi twisted his foot sideways and ground his heel into the ground. building his defence. More than offence, if she was willing to try and strike him through cheating, she was aware of what she was doing. And measureing by her comment earlier she knew his strength, but what she didn't know was what else Xi had. His stamina training had helped build up the thing he sorely lacked without his flux...Speed. Xi took a slow breath and assessed the situation before him. he needed to take not of how she attacked, what rhythm she used her pattern of motion and at least attempt to see what she would do. As such it may look like he was simply staring at the curves that adorned her body but instead he was watching her torso for any indications of movement. Her hips her shoulders, even her abdomen. if one piece moved he could at least attempt to block it. His guard hardened, and his eyes focused. But he spoke.
"Well nice to know your playing by sunberth rules. Still if you wanted this to be a completely fair fight then we might as well fight like kelvics do inhuman form, but seeing as were both more civilized than that, i can trust that your not wearing a second layer of armour beneath your clothes." Xi smirked still keeping p the friendly tone because that's all this was a friendly assessment of the others strength, and speed. Though Xi was an orthodox fighter, not taking anything out of turn and never cheating but his technique was superb, the opposite of zand, who was unpredictable. Granite vs water.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on December 27th, 2012, 2:11 am

Ximal had been distracted, however as soon as he had caught back upon what he should have been looking at all along he was a quick and methodical mover. Her leg was still raised, her foot blocked by his forearm, as he exchanged a witticism with her. A smile graced his lips. She grinned back and pulled her foot back, placing it upon the ground as she circled him slowly, feet placed carefully as she moved. She had only seen him move slightly, however she was learned enough to observe that Ximal was most probably a better fighter in unarmed than she was. Still, he moved almost mechanically, as if he had repeated motions ingrained upon his muscles.

That, in itself, is a weakness. If he moves based upon his practices then he will get killed in a real fight one day. That is something neither of us wants she thought as she considered how best to try and bring that to his attention.

“Very pretty, though your mind was never the strongest Ximal,” she responded simply, “I tried that trick as it, more often than not, kills people. I’m glad to see it wouldn’t have killed you. Can’t have you dying now. Still, no extra armor, nothing else beyond simple Zandelia” she smirked at him, knowing that he knew she was nothing but simple.

She ran towards him, for all the world appearing as if she had left all structure and form behind, and as she got within striking distance she pivoted and threw herself to the side slightly. As she moved through the air she was out of his reach, as far as she had assessed so far at any rate, and her shoulder hit the cold ground with a crunch as she followed through with a roll that brought her around behind him. She merely settled into her defensive stance as if she had done nothing, a small smile playing across her full lips. He had turned by then, of course, but she had seen an opening in him that once upon a time she would have exploited. Instead, I the present, she had done it to both teach and distract. He would know now how quick she was, fluid in movement – she could thank Tua for that – and would be more wary.

I’ve cost myself in this spar’s future but have gained more overall. He will learn and improve because of it, after all it is what he wants she thought as she looked him in the eye and winked.

“Oh Ximal, if only I could teach you all the little trick I know I might actually make you happy for one. You should have made yourself known to me sooner, you would have learned how to fight without thinking, to dance without a mind” she spoke to him not unkindly, but with a wistful tone of loss.

“Very well, let us dance for good now then” she stated simply.

With that she advanced, this time with a jab from her forwards left hand, following it up with a right and a spin that would bring her left elbow around to strike him. She knew he would block, knew she would lose eventually. However, she was not known for quitting and she certainly would never walk away from possibly helping to keep a friend alive in the future. She was ready to dodge or block any counters by Ximal, but it was not about the fight.

It was, strangely, about the love of comradeship.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on December 27th, 2012, 2:42 am

Xi watched her movements and at least tried to follow her actions. Twisting his heel lightly into the ground he steadied himself as he listened to her. He'd trained hos body to ract upon it's own merit, and allow him to think but still respond to the commands his head gave. If zandelia knew this he did not know, but having that was Xi's greatest asset the fact that people thought him... simple. Even zand seemed to know that he acted a certain way to present misconceptions as to what his mind would deploy. Having a mechanical body was helpful at the start of a battle, it helped present a set of ideal in an opponent's mind and would lay a foundation to build upon. "You'd be suprised, i've grown, and my time outside of sunberth has taight me how to fight a lot of people at the same time...And come out without a scratch. Still i cant punish myself enough for my foolishness of falling for that trick. Though i'm glad that my training has allowed my body to react without thought. Thought on what your doing , not what your planning can kill a lot easier."

As Xi finished his sentence he bolted in his direction. Her stance non existent, this wasn't an attack it was a bull rush but instead of taking advantage of her momentum she darted to the side and moved out of range. Either she had lost her senses which was highly unlikely or she was trying to prove her speed to him. though by the time he'd turned and reset his stance she'd fallen back into her own. Her speed was impressive but Xi hadn't moved a yet sure he'd turned but he was just waiting. allowing himself to scan for an opening. Leaving his arms into heir neutral stance he was able to keep a location upon most of the actions , his eyes still fixed on her torso attempting to find a opening a give away a lead up into her attack. Still her next words had a lack of tone, more of a blankness. Xi's head went from iknow what's next...into complete start again mode. Her assault came sharply but with a slow start into a fast momentum. Instead of attacking or counter attacking Xi kept himself constricted and tight. Moving his forearms slightly and pivoting them to deflect the blows. He wasn't trying to attack but rather analyse, trying to show her just how far he'd come in what he could do. And that he was not the same as when they had first met.

His right forearm brushed her punch away from it's target and puling his right arm back he brought his left arm across to block her right. Shifting his weight back onto his right foot he leant back and caught her left elbow against the knuckles of his left hand before leaning back in and closing the space again. A slow breath as followed with a step backwards, he needed to see more of her moves before he could formulate a return however he knew he'd have to probe the depths so punched her left forearm away with point black power and then nailed his hand back aiming the light and purposefully slow punch at her chest just above her breasts and directly at her sternum. twisting his forwards foot he brought the back of his other hand in low, using his upper hand and her own ample bosom to help block her view of his next move, the back of his hand angled to the knuckles would come in and strike at her abdomen.
"You wish to dance? then lets see how you dance when your own assets are brought to bear fruit against you." Xi now anchored his weight on hsi back foot but positioned his forwards one to look like it was there, holding himself like this if she struck he could pull back and avoid the first attack and hopefully block the second one.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on January 2nd, 2013, 11:26 pm

Zandelia was not overly surprised as she felt the impacts of flesh and bone, knuckles and forearms coming together with the sole purpose of causing bruises that would last. She had known Ximal as a scrapper before his journey to the Spires, could still remember her blade at his throat in a darkened alley. She was, however, pleased with his progress as a fighter. He looked more a warrior now than a never-do-well. She knew instinctively that neither of their forays would begin with the height of their abilities. No, sparring was just as much won in the mind than with the body – tactical feints and wordplay just as important as the killing blow.

Feeling out his abilities hold more than one advantage at any rate, especially for what I intend she grinned at him, winking roguishly.

“Well, you know what they say about old tricks and the fallen Ximal. Call it a life lesson” she replied simply, her gaze and concentration locked upon her opponent’s body language. It was his move now and it was time to react, rather than initiate.

The next exchange was filled with more cunning than she had assumed he would have. He began with a feint to her sternum, something easily blocked when on its own, however as she watched his left shoulder angle her thoughts connected his spoken words with his deeds quickly enough to discern what he was trying to do. It was an old tactic against women, almost as old as the good kick in the crotch was to men. His movements were sure, but her own were not so shabby either. From her guarded position it was simple enough to bring her left, forwards, hand around and push his first jab inwards, helping to hinder his second attack with the tilting of his body. Momentum could be a useful ally at times. She stepped to the side, her back foot crossing behind as she brought her forwards foot to follow in an almost skipping step.

“And you called me a cheat you barbarian!” she responded as she launched her own attack in counter to his own.

She pushed her back foot forwards, switching her stance, as she went for a stomp to the back of Ximal’s forwards knee – something she knew he would push backwards from, and felt approval surge in her as he did. However, it also meant that she was much closer to him than he probably might have liked. The balls of her right foot crunching into the soil she flicked her left leg forwards, the side of her foot aiming for his other leg, it was closer now. She expected him to step away once more, but if he did she would keep up her assault. She would follow through with a few quick jabs, her left for his short ribs and her right for his own sternum – a response to his attack on her. The final move, if she had the opportunity, would be an overhead sweep towards his head, predictable enough but she knew it might give him pause for thought.

The dance is delicious today she thought as she sprang into fluid motion.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ximal on January 3rd, 2013, 2:52 am

well now this was what one could call stagnation. Neither he nor zand were going to give ground. Watching her at this range was difficult to say the least, too close together to see everything accurately so he'd have to rely entirely upon what he could anticipate as well as see, but there in lie a problem, trying to predict zand's movement was like trying to predict the wind itself. Still she spoke though mentioned something about old tricks and the fallen. Xi also caught the wink at him. well at least she meant well. "Well the best thing that could happen is that that'd hit, because now i know t be on the look out for any further tricks." Xi grinned, more to signal that he was onto her. Though she's seen through the two techniques he's brought to bear against her. Well i suppose experience has some advantage. She'd adjusted the first strike of his right hand to the side lightly but used the push to help twist herself around and avoid his second blow at her stomach. Her feet followed her motions away to the side, Xi was now mildly disappointed with himself. He was pretty sure that he'd managed to make sure it would hit. But what if she was doing the same as he was, and watching his shoulder and hips? Though she had one glaring weak point Xi'd made it a value of his to avoid taking advantage of an opponent's weak point. so all of his attacks had come directly from the front, none from his right hand side towards her blind side. Still her cal out made him smile lightly, barbarian was he ?

"I don't recall calling you a cheat, i recall calling you tricky. Still if i'm a barbarian i believe it would mean i lacked any technique. Or at least any respect for how i fight. " Her assault from his left came sharply, a attack to his forwards leg , one he'd expected, siding it back withing a half instant her foot flew past him as his right foot slid back and let him twist towards her in one fluid motion. however xi'd now fallen under a hail of blows, but instead of stepping away to doge the next attack to his leg, he closed the gap. Taking hail of blows a left to his ribs and a right to his sternum. He'd expected it to hurt a lot more than it did, perhaps that was the benefit of fighting with banir for a long while, he'd gotten used to taking especially weighty blows. So to him right now they didn't do much, though he had to remember, a lot of small blows could do as much damage as one massive blow. Though one hit rang his bell, and caused his head to spin. She'd struck him in the back of the head with a heavy strike. Shaking his head lightly he now looked down towards her, it's seemed she'd taken a little bit of a gap, but no that as what he'd done the'dd taken a half step backwards to deal with the ringing in his head. Xi now took a deep breath and relaxed his muscles shifting his positioning, from his core stance to one much more...fluid.

"I think it's time, i stop playing, since you clearly aren't. a slow deep breath before Xi let his muscles relax further and the brought his arms up in to a solid positioning but still light and able to move easily, taking a slow breath he closed the gap and din'r waste any time bringing his fist towards her chest, hard fist like a spinning hammer. his target? Her heart, he was going to use flux technique without the flux. These techs were saved for especially strong opponents, and zand certainly passed as a strong opponent. As his fist barreled towards her, this was at his full unrestrained power, he wasn't going to go easy on her any longer. after all she deserved to see how much he'd changed since sunberth. Though this was a spar not a battle to the death. So from that strike he would follow up the after effects with a strong punch towards the stomach an then finish off with a push and an leg sweep, that of course was only if it connected.

oocXi's just used the strike from his flux technique arsenal called "Forest Green" this attack is a strike to the opponents heart, though not strong enough to kill it can cause the opponent's heart to skip a beat and produce ten seconds of paralysis. It just lacks the flux which would make this possibly lethal.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Zandelia on January 6th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Zandelia had been expecting a controlled advance, something that spoke of purpose and forethought, however as she watched Ximal charge forwards she could only assume he had abandoned all technique and decided to smash her to pieces with brute force. She maintained her stance, solidifying it by grinding her back heel into ground to absorb any impact into the earth below her. Her guard narrowed, her arms close to her body in anticipated need of protection. Her mind raced with possible counters, switching from response to response as she tried to read Ximal’s body language. He covered it well, it was only at the last moment, the last two strides in point of fact, that what he was doing popped inside her mind like a bubble. It was worrying indeed.

Oh petching, shyking petch! was all she could think as reaction took precedence over rational thought.

Ximal’s large fist came forwards in slow motion, the world rippling around it as if she were looking through water. She brought her arms around in a last ditch attempt to push his assault off kilter, but it would ultimately prove a failure. In that moment she gave up on victory and thought merely of survival. His full attack could easily break her bones, and she was not sure he wasn’t riled enough to do so. Her forearms crossed her chest, cushioning the blow of his knuckles, however the effect was merely ameliorated. She staggered backwards, and tried to move for another desperate defense.

But…I can’t move! What the petch has he done to me? she could only babble internally to herself as her single green eye watched his other fist smash into her abdomen with enough force to bend her over slightly. The last thing she knew was the sensation of flying through the air and smashing into the ground awkwardly.

She was still breathing at least, but her body was wracked with pain enough to keep her still for a few moments, even if she could move. She waited for about thirty seconds before attempting to move again, suddenly finding her limbs obeying her commands now. She pushed herself up slowly, shaking her head as she tried to assess the damage. It was not much, but the fear of paralysis was enough to stoke her anger. She pivoted on her feet and came to face Ximal again. She walked towards him and prodded him in the chest, hard.

“Not playing is right! I thought you had shyking killed me! How did you do that? How?! No, hold that! Don’t you ever do that to me again!” she finished, breath now vanished from her chest, “damned ox” she muttered as she rubbed at her ribs and found none were broken.

“Again, and this time no killing me tricks” she stated, her voice tinged with anger still, but fading fast.

With that she launched into her own offensive, this one more prolonged than the others had been. Ximal’s skills had obviously improved beyond her own, the question now was how much they had done so. She was confident he would block all of her attacks, but she put enough viper like speed into them that they might give him some difficulty. Her foot lashed out at his legs again, followed by two jabs from her fists – one to his left ribs and the other to his right – her other foot pushing forwards at his abdomen. Without stopping she darted to his right and renewed her assault. She attacked him with abandon, foot trying to wrap around his ankle to pull him off balance, an attempt at her own leg sweep, a few more axe-like chops trying to disable his shoulder this time.

Finally, she merely threw herself at him in Sunberthian style, merely to see if he could react to such change in tactics or whether he was caught off guard by them.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next