The Thieving Vixen (Grayzdo Briety)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Kita on May 30th, 2010, 7:43 pm

Kita Finley was a shy girl. She had seen a lot of pain in her life which was apparent because she lived alone moving from town to town in a tent. She stayed alive by stealing. She knew it was wrong but what else was there to do? She had still not found anyone who wanted to keep her around. Her brothers Jeran and Tayn were both killed and her parents didn't want her because she was Kelvic. She wanted companionship though. That was certin. Most Kelvics looked for masters but what Kita really wanted was love. She hoped she could find a master she loved but finding a master at all seemed very uncertin. She had to keep up this forest dwelling nomadic life if she wanted to stay away from slave traders. The same ones that killed Jeran and Tayn.

The sun was just rising and she could see a young man walking alone down a path a little ways away. She knew that stealing from him would be easy. He was alone and he apeared unarmed. She didn't plan to hurt him, she just needed to steal a little money so she could eat this week.

Kita quietly made her way through the forest making sure to stay quiet like Tayn had always taught her. Sneaking up on this man would have been a lot easier in her fox form but it would be to difficult to change back into a human to steal from him. Plus, she would be naked and there for very exposed.

When Kita was a foot behind him he stopped like he knew she was there. Her heart raced in fear. Now that she was closer she could see he was a lot more strong than she had thought. He looked like he could kill her in moments if he wanted to. She had her bow and arrows but really they couldn't help much when they were this close. For a moment she consitered transforming but all Kelvics knew that transforming while clothed was extremely dangerous. She held her breath ready to flee like the fox she truely was but then he kept walking. Kita breathed a sigh of relief and calmed down. Thats when he turned around. She could see his blue eyes burning into her. He was very handsome but she knew that just because this man was good looking, it did not mean that he would spare her life. "Please, don't kill me." She squeeked out. She hoped so badly that he would listen.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on May 31st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Grayzdo had his disguise on for when he entered Lisnar. He was wondering through the woods his horse was with him and Grayzdo's was walking guiding him and he had all his stuff packed onto the horse. He didn't know how to ride it. But he knew it was the first thing he would try to learn to start off his adventures. There was so many things he wanted to do.

So he guided his horse for a while through the woods his mind wandering. He could hear a lot of noise the horse breathing and him also another person. "Wait another person?" he thought to himself. He stopped for a moment with his horse. The disguised man held his breath and didn't do anything to make noise. The horse halted and he made very little noise like he normally did. It seemed this other individual in Grayzdo's mind had left.

He shook his head wondering if his sanity was becoming something to question. He kept walking and he heard someone take a big sigh as if relieved. Grayzdo turned around and saw yellow eyes and fangs he looked the girl up and down. His horse ran off and it startled Grayzdo. Suddenly the girl spoke "Please don't kill me." it embarrassed Grayzdo that this girl thought he was going to kill her. He tried to make himself appear as tall as he could.

"Now why would I do that?" He smiled unsure how this would effect this girl's emotions since the only girl Grayzdo had ever known was his mother.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Words: 12937
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kita on May 31st, 2010, 9:03 pm

THe man said he wouldn't hurt her. That was news to Kita. The man seemed to be human and every human she had ever met had tried to kill or imprison her. Her human parents had hated her and disowned her and her brothers. Human traders had killed her brothers and stolen her from her home in Avanthal. Why would this human be any different? Still, he was. This surprised Kita, she never knew humans to be benevolent. She thought for sure she would have been dead by now.

She saw the human smiling at her and she didnt know how to react. She was curious about him. She had not known many humans and she had never met a nice human. He looked very different from the humans she was accoustomed to. He had white hair even though he appeared to only be in his early twenties. His eyes were what interested her the most. He had blue eyes just like her brother Tayn. The same enchanting blue, like the forever winter sky in Avanthal. Tayn had taught her everything she knew. He taught her how to hunt, how to use a bow and arrow, and even how to thieve. It was almost like seeing Tayn again even though Tayn had dark brown hair with streaks of black. Tayn had been an odd Kelvic. His eyes did not match his animal. Even when he turned into a wolverine he had those same blue eyes.

Kita noticed she had been staring at this man for far to long and looked away blushing. "I'm sorry sir." she said embarrassed. He smiled again "Don't call me sir, I'm Grayzdo Briety." he said kindly holding out his hand. Kita looked at it in fear and then slowly grasped it and shook with him. "And your name is?" he asked. Kita swollowed hard and tried to find her voice. "K-k-kita Finley." she said quietly. He smiled "Nice to meet you Kita, I promise I won't hurt you. It is not everyday I get to meet a Kelvic." he said. He confused her, why wouldn't he hurt her like other humans did? Especially because he knew she was Kelvic. "Most humans don't like me because i am Kelvic." Kita said. Grayzdo laughed "Well, i am not most humans." he said. Kita did not know what to say to that so she straightened up and looked at him "Let me get your horse." she said shyly and then ran off in the direction that it ran off in.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 1st, 2010, 1:37 am

They had their little conversation and Grayzdo felt uneasy about her calling him sir. He couldn't really believe it and it thought it was odd. He tried to look intimidating cause he didn't know much about unarmed combat. He let out a uneasy laugh and he noticed the girl mentioned something about her being a Kelvic. He tried to compliment her but she ran off after his horse before he could finish his sentence. He thought about why would she be staring at his eyes.

He wanted to follow but he didn't bother seeing as she was plenty fast enough running after it. Grayzdo sat down on the dirt path and shouted "I'll just wait here then." He moved over to lean up against a tree and he rested his eyes under the shade of it. He was deep in thought "Kelvics are nude after they transform right?" He hadn't known about the whole injuring themselves if they are clothed during transformation. He felt uncertain. "Aren't they normally slaves?" His mind wondered and he relaxed but he felt uneasy about seeing this girl nude.

The disguised man just thought about her being a slave. More particularly his slave...
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Postby Kita on June 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm

Kita ran as fast as her feet could take her. She felt terrible about making Grayzdo's horse run away from him. She sniffed the air trying to find the scent of his horse. When she found it she ran off in it's direction. She had to get the horse back for this nice human. 

She found the horse graizing on some grass. She walked over to it slowly until it saw her. It reared up on it back legs in fear. Kira ran over to it's side and pet it's side. "Its okay, I won't hurt you." she said. The horse calmed down immediately almost like it knew Kita was an animal just like itself. Kita grabbed it's reigns and walked it back out to the road. When she saw Grayzdo she ran over to him. "I found your horse" she said shyly.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 1st, 2010, 7:59 pm

Grayzdo opened his eyes and stood up. He dusted off some dirt from his clothes and grabbed his horse's reigns. "Too bad I don't know how to ride it." he said a little embarrased. "Anyways thanks for getting my horse I'm headed for Lisnar and I was just wondering if you would like to come with me." He smiled and looked deep into Kita's eyes.

"I mean if it isn't asking too much." He smiled unsure how it would make the girl feel seeing as she seemed nervous.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Postby Kita on June 1st, 2010, 11:17 pm

Kita's heart raced when she heard the man ask if she wanted to join him in Lisnar. She saw him looking deep into her eyes and she felt something that she had never felt before. It was companionship. She was wary to joining this stranger but what did she really have to lose? At least she wouldn't have to thieve for a while. She nodded and looked up at him "I would be honored." she said with a small smile. She wasn't alone anymore and it felt very nice. She had not felt like she had belonged since she was with her older brothers in Avanthal. Even though it had been less than a year it was much longer to a Kelvic because their sense of time was much different than humans. They saw time like the animals did. What was a year to a human was like ten years to a Kelvic or at least a Kelvic like her. She viewed time like a fox, the years passed like decades. It could be both a gift and a curse. It made the hard times drag on for longer than anyone should ever have to endure. On the other hand it made the good times last ten times longer. She hoped with all her heart that this new adventure with this disguised stranger would be good times because she did not want to live another fox year of hard times.

As they walked on together she looked at Grayzdo. She wanted to know more about this man. Even though she was a shy fox she was also a curious one. He sparked an interest in her. He seemed so different from other people. She pushed away her shyness and then spoke up "Tell me about you." she said "If I may ask of course." She looked up at him with her yellow eyes hoping that asking about him didn't offend him. She really did not know many people except her brothers and her parents. The only boys she had ever really talked to were Tayn and Jeran but they had to talk to her and were her brothers. Now she was faced with a guy who had no reason to stick with her and she was scared. She knew all the fear was worth it though. Adventures were not made by staying safe, they came about by taking a chance.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 2nd, 2010, 1:44 am

The two started to walk down the path Kita talked to Grayzdo. "Well to begin I was born in Sunberth in a farm with my parents." he walked slowly. They slowly headed down the path with Grayzdo chatting all the way down the path through the forest. "Other then where I was born what do you wanna know about me?" he stared at her with his fake blue eyes.

"I'm happy you'll be joining be in Lisnar." He looked away cause he knew she had noticed. He knew she was getting excited it was odd the only people he'd actually known was his mother and father. He enjoyed this so he awaited Kita's reply.
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Postby Kita on June 2nd, 2010, 2:44 am

Kita listened intently as Grayzdo told her about his life. As she slowly learned about him she began to see inconsistances in him. One big thing was that his blue eyes she admired so much weren't real. They were fakes. She wondered what color they really were. "Sunberth must have been interesting. It sounds much different from my home of Avanthal." she said. She supposed she should explain how she got there. "My father carried the Kelvic gene in him and so did my mother but both did not know it. My two brothers and I both ended up Kelvic and in turn were all banished from our home. Jeran my oldest brother was like my brother Tayn and my father almost. He kept us togather." she said. She was telling this man things that she herself wouldn't even admit to herself. She had never told anyone about her past but here she was spilling her guts to Grayzdo like she was telling some book plot. Why was this all so natural. She felt so comfortable and the wall she had built up so strong around her since the death of her brothers was slowly wearing down.

Grayzdo asked her what else she wanted to know. "Why do you were a disguise?" she asked. "you are human, what can you possibly fear?" She had wanted to disguise herself so many times in her life just to know what it was like to not have the fear of being kidnapped and sold or worse, killed. Still, she knew she would hide her yellow eyes just as well as grayzdo could but her fangs and her fox like mannerisms would always give her away. Kelvics were a rare species Yet she was faced with a more rare creature than herself. A human who didn't want to appear as himself. With that, her curiosity only grew for grayzdo. Kita may have looked human but inside she was just a curious fox trying to understand her new partner and slowly understanding herself in the process.
Kita
Foxy Lady

Character sheet

Postby Grayzdo Briety on June 4th, 2010, 1:43 am

"I feel really sorry for you getting banished." He felt bad that Kita got banished he wished he could have changed that. He felt that he was forcing her to answer all his questions.
"I wear a disguise because my parents raised me to be a thief and I don't like wearing masks." They kept walking when he asked her if she knew how to ride a horse. Because Grayzdo knew he was near a city and he could see the entrance a little ways away.
"Do you wanna come with me to that city?"
Grayzdo Briety
Novice Disguiser

Character sheet

Next