Tavasi

God of Spring, Fertility, New Beginnings, and Competition.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Tavasi

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 6:09 am

Tavasi

ImageTavasi is the God of Spring, fertility and new beginnings. As such he takes the Triquertra as his symbol, a triangle with a three hooped leaf knotwork pattern in it. Residing in Karjin year round, the only time Tavasi ventures forth is when spring bursts forth across Mizahar and causes him to evacuate his mild climate city and walk the world much like Morwen does on her seasonal winter walkabout. One of the more steady seasonal gods, Tavasi moves through the world refreshing it after Morwen's period of rest. He infuses the whole of everything living with refreshing ideas, new energies, and fertility causing all the life in the world to burst anew. The son of Kihala, Tavasi has a lessor form of her power, paving the way for his Mother's life to infuse that which is currently barren.

Tavasi has a very high energy personality. He is constantly on the move, and tends to not be able to stick to one topic when conversing with people. His city, Karjin, is built around his power being known as the Craftsman's Headquarters and a place of innovation and experimentation. He keeps pouring his energy into his people, keeping his Suvan Sea port city happy and healthy though a place of constant competition and innovation.

Tavasi appears as a man of late twenties or early thirties. He always has piercing green eyes though his hair can vary from sandy blond to black to even a bright green when the world matches his seasonal domain. He does not mind interacting with mortals and finds them fascinating creatures. However, one of the byproducts of his personality is the ability to infuse competition in to all his followers. They are highly motivated and highly driven to create more elaborate products from whatever profession they follow.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Tavasi

Postby Savio on September 23rd, 2013, 7:19 pm

2nd of Spring - 21st Bell, 513AV
Mithrin Outpost, Syliras

Savio took a deep breath as he stepped into the small room that held the shrine to his mother’s God, Tavasi. The room was decorated with fresh spring flowers that his mother had picked earlier that day, as she did every morning. He had been in this room many times with his mother, helping her clean it and pay proper respects to The Spring King. Now he was coming in alone, hoping to seek some sort of answer to his problems.

In front of him was a small table built into the wall and adorned with a colorful cloth, flowers and even a small jug of sweet wine and a fresh loaf of bread. In case the God paid them a visit during his seasonal travels. Savio’s mother had said when he asked why when he was much younger.

He knelt down in front of the makeshift shine and lit a couple of the candles. Much like he had seen his mother did many times before. Savio then took another deep breath and closed his eyes, concentrating on what he hope to portray to his god.

“Tavasi, god of the spring season, fertility, and new beginnings… It’s me again, Savio. I know it has been a while since I last offered a prayer up to you like this, and for that I am sorry. I have been rather busy as of late; trying to get better in acrobatics and to try to impress my father. I still believe that’s a lost cause, but I won’t give up.

That brings me to what I wanted truly speak about. I…I want to leave Syliras and move on to greater things. I want to start a new life somewhere I can grow and learn new things. I love my family, but I don’t think that a life as a simple farmer is for me. I tried talking to my father about my ideas, but he shoots them down every time or completely ignores me. My mother supports me, though I know she still worries. I don’t want to disappoint them, but I am not happy here.”
Savio licked his lips, trying to find the right words. It was one thing to have those thoughts in his mind, but it was another to speak them out loud, as though it made them more real.

“I heard from a few of my friends that there were great opportunities in a city called Nyka. It’s rather far away, and I have never left Syliras in my life. But it might be my chance for a new beginning. There is a school there that teaches combat and other things. Perhaps I can find a teacher there that can help me become a better acrobat. I am nervous, Tavasi. It’s a huge risk, and the world outside the walls of Syliras is dangerous. But I think that it would be worth it.

“I am hoping to receive your blessings for my new life before I go. I understand you are busy, since its spring. I just… I would like to know that I will be able to feel your presence with me, no matter where I go.”
He became quite then. Just thinking about what he had just said, and what he felt. He didn’t know what to expect, he had prayed to Tavasi his whole life and had never seen the god. It was still comforting though. After several long moments of meditation, Savio stood back up and snuffed out the candles before heading back to his bedroom. Tomorrow, he was going to start setting out a plan to go to Nyka and in seven days, he hoped to be on his way there.

Boxcode by Edreina
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets