[Valo's scrapbook] Enlightenment of insanity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Valo on January 3rd, 2013, 2:26 pm

Some are born mad
Some achieve madness
And some have madness thrust upon them...

I like to think of this scrapbook as awkward and silly fun at the expense of poor Valo and several other characters. But mainly Valo. He's an easy target. For you see, dear readers, this is a sneaky peek at the real world of Mizahar and everything that happens the moment you divert your attention. The in between of threads. A scrapbook filled with nothing but silliness...
Last edited by Valo on January 4th, 2013, 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Valo on January 3rd, 2013, 2:33 pm

The afro brotherhood

Well it was inevitable. Valo and Gale McKanerai combined forces in a blood sealed brotherhood. And to mark that very special bond which binds them in a very binding way, they stilled their luscious locks into fabulous fros. The kings of Zeltivian stile. This is it, ladies and gentlemen. The brand new wave of fashion coming your way. Get a fro today.

Side by side, the mighty Fro Bros strolled down the main street of Zeltiva, looking almost impossibly awesome. So awesome that they had to wear sun glasses to prevent being blinded by their own awesomeness. So awesome in fact that their own theme tune accompanied them as they walked. The crowds parted before them like the sea parted before Moses. The two person Moses of EPIC! Women fainted, blinded by the light of their epickness. Men stared at them with awe. The gods them selves stared down from heaven, wanting to be as awesome as the Fro Bros. But no one could ever be as awesome as they were. The power of the Fro!

A very special thanks to Gale for the epic photos.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Valo on January 4th, 2013, 4:49 pm

What is a dhole

That is a good question. But I know someone who can easily answer that question. You see Valo has become somewhat acquainted with a Kelvic called Besnik, who in fact is a dhole. Well, Besnik likes to pretend he's a cute furry animal, who has nothing much better to do than be cute and fluffy.
Do not be deceived my friends, for Besnik is all but cute an fluffy. The cute an fluffy thing is only an illusion. This is the true form of a dhole.
A WORM MONSTER OF DOOM!!

Having befriended this fearsome monster, Valo is on his way to becoming a super hero. For there is nothing more fearsome than the scary worm monster dhole. Together they can take over Zeltiva, maybe even take over Mizahar... but who has time for that. Evil seems a waste of energy. For now Mizahar can live in peace, as the monster would rather spend the day chasing after rabbits than causing havoc at the hands of it's not so evil master. For now...

Another rant dedicated to Gale McCenry. He googled dholes and this is what came up. And yes, the majority of the scrap book will be the documentation of our midnight rants when no one is looking.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Valo on January 12th, 2013, 11:32 pm

The leprechaun of death
I kid you not
It's the leprechaun of death XD

So the other day me and my incredible friend were cruising the internet and randomly came across this. And may I state that I have not laughed this hard in a long time... Well perhaps not that long, for I spend a lot of time laughing. It's good for the soul. None the less, these leprechaun of death quotes just completely made my day and therefore I shall share the love with you wonderful people. I'll post my main favourites and shall you wish to read more, go visit the website http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Leprechaun_of_Death
ENJOY!

1.Guns don't kill people, the Leprechaun kills people.

2.When the bogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks under the bed for the Leprechaun.

3.Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet as the Leprechaun.

4.The Leprechaun is so fast that he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

5.The Leprechaun doesn't wear a watch. He decides what time it is.

6.The grass is always greener on the other side, unless The Leprechaun has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

7.The Leprechaun invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

8.On his birthday, The Leprechaun randomly selects one lucky child to throw into the Sun.

9.The Leprechaun and Mr T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

10.It was once believed that The Leprechaun actually lost a fight to a Pirate. This is a lie created by The Leprechaun himself, to lure in more Pirates. Pirates aren't very smart.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Valo on January 15th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Valo's Hair
This is very important

So it has been brought to my attention as of late that very few people actually know what colour Valo's hair is. And this is very important since that ridiculously red hair of his is a major part of his character concept. So allow me to clear it up a little bit, from the perspective of an artist. You see in my world there isn't just one red. There are a bunch of different shades or red, all with their particular bases and undertones. And yes, I repeat often that I am crazy. Why? Because it's true :3!! Never the less, Valo is not ginger. His hair is red and a very particular shade of red. And next time I see someone describing it as crimson I will personally throw a fit!

ImageThis my friends Is crimson. This is not the colour of Valo's hair...

The real colour of Valo's long luscious locks is cadmium red scarlet, or just scarlet will do me fine, or permanent red. Bottom line being, NOT CRIMSON. This is the part when you may ask; what's the difference? Oh the difference is great and profound in it's subtlety but, as stated above, I am crazy.

For the difference lies in the undertones, which are what makes the colour and breaks it. Whilst crimson is a colour with strong tendency towards the purple, therefore making wonderful purples when mixed with the right blue. Also it is essentially pink. Valo is girly enough without having pink hair, oki guys :P!

The colour of Valo's hair however is a neutral red with perhaps just a slightly stronger tendency towards the orange than the purple. Therefore it makes both oranges and purples, and neither is very pretty. It's important! He revels in grey tone colour, impure and imperfect colour and he does share in my love for colour theory so all this is rather important to him too! So to conclude my rant; SCARLET not CRIMSON. There is a difference, however subtle that difference might be. Alright it is a rather subtle difference...

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Evalin on January 15th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I so think you should add this post in your scrap as a note in your signature. Just saying :P
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valo on January 15th, 2013, 8:39 pm

That may be a good idea actually X3
But it would take away all the fun I can have at people's expense when they call his hair crimson and I throw a fit :P
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Keira Star on February 6th, 2013, 12:58 am

I hope I haven't ever said crimson... I just realized that I may have. Most of the time I say the red haired artist.. Crimson is too red to be the carrotish red your Valo's hair is XD

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Keira Star
Player

Words: 25619
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Jester on February 6th, 2013, 1:02 am

*admires the pretty crimson hair*
Created by the Wonderful, the Fabulous, the Mysterious, Coltyn!
Jester
Grade Monkey

Words: 19637
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 3:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Evalin on February 6th, 2013, 4:52 am

I have decided that in our upcoming thread I will describe Valo's head as crimson, ginger, or stop sign red.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next