Ilaria's Signature Shop

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Ilaria on January 4th, 2013, 8:29 pm

{ Ilaria's Signature Shop }

Hey guys! I know I'm new, but I wanted to offer my services for anyone who would like a signature, with or without a matching avatar. I have been making signatures for many sites for many years now and I really enjoy doing it.

Guidelines :
  • I do not work with anime or other cartoons.
  • I prefer to work with models/actors/etc, simply for the ease of finding multiple shots to work with. It's difficult for me to find my muse when I have exactly one pose to work with.
  • That being said, it doesn't have to be an overly used celebrity. If you can find a model's (or whoever's) site/gallery with several usable shots, feel free to point me to it.
  • I don't like to work with really "busy" concepts. I prefer simple, focused pieces such as I have in my examples. If you're intent on a super busy looking signature with a lot going on in it, I can give it a shot but no guarantees it'll look nice.
  • Don't be surprised if you give me a request and I hand you back several different signatures. Sometimes a character inspires me and I'll make one that matches the request and others that I felt compelled to make. Feel free not to use the extras, or any of them at all. I won't be offended, promise!

Examples :
Most of these are my own signatures, one is a sample sig I made up for no one in particular, and the knight is one I made for a player on another site.
(The Tameka James sig was a sample I made trying out a filter technique, it has never been used by a player anywhere, and if you want to adopt it, feel free. I can change the name and/or picture and/or text if you just like the background.)
(Not my favorite ever, but added because of the sheer amount of time it took. You probably can't tell (because that's the point) but a lot of photomanipulation went into the sword in this one. The blade and hilt were from different swords, and the gem was added from elsewhere. *shameless self promotion*)
Ilaria
Player

Words: 5888
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 6:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Laurie White on January 4th, 2013, 11:18 pm

I love the way they look! I'd like one but is there a form?
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Ilaria on January 4th, 2013, 11:32 pm

I should probably get a form up, but you can just tell me:
  • Who you want for your playby.
  • Want a matching avatar too?
  • Any color or color schemes that you like.
  • Any theme you want.
  • Any text you'd like on it.
  • If you have a particular font that you want used. And if you want a spiffy font, feel free to pick one from Dafont.com and link the page to me. I get all my fonts there, I have a lot of them, and I can download any that I don't have already.
  • Anything else you want to mention.

I'm not particularly busy right at the moment so I can probably get started right away!
Ilaria
Player

Character sheet

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Laurie White on January 4th, 2013, 11:38 pm

seychelle gabriel is the portrayer but as Yue from the avatar. I'd like any scgeme( Sorty didn't come up with that!) and I'd like the text to be her name, "Laurue White" and her quote which is," Someone who cares judges you by your attitude not your looks."
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Ilaria on January 4th, 2013, 11:52 pm

Any background preferences or overall theme preferences? I'm thinking something water related, with blue tones, but if you prefer something let me know.
Ilaria
Player

Character sheet

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Laurie White on January 4th, 2013, 11:56 pm

No I actually love that idea, it sounds nice
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Ilaria on January 5th, 2013, 12:28 am

This is what I have so far, I'm looking for a better quality shot for the eye overlay, but there aren't many pics of her in character and her real eye color is brown so it doesn't fit. :((

I have this one without the overlay, but it seems blank to me. I'll probably work on it some more, but if you want to use one of these until then, feel free.
Ilaria
Player

Character sheet

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Laurie White on January 5th, 2013, 12:34 am

I love the first one!!! Can I get the link please?
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Ilaria on January 5th, 2013, 12:42 am

Great! Glad you like it! And actually, I would prefer if you would save it to your own image site, such as Photobucket or something similar. If I delete it or move it to different part of my Photobucket, it will break the link and you will lose the image in your signature. I've had that happen to players before and it's inconvenient for them. If you don't have an account on an image hosting site I can give you the link to it where I have it hosted, but I can't promise it will remain there permanently.
Ilaria
Player

Character sheet

Ilaria's Signature Shop

Postby Laurie White on January 5th, 2013, 1:17 am

Kay
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness