PM to join Dancing On the Edge [Gale]

A Curious Kayliegh makes her way to the halfway demolished Cerulean Pier and dances her way across it, drawing the attention of some curious onlookers.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dancing On the Edge [Gale]

Postby Kayliegh on January 5th, 2013, 4:01 am

Timestamp: 32nd of Winter, 512AV
Time: Mid-afternoon

A young woman walked confidently down the road, her white cloak fluttering behind her in the light wind, her hazel and blue locks fluttering around her face along with the fabric of her cloak. Beside her walked a large dog that's head reach above her hips, it kept a suspicious eye on everyone who walked near his mistress and none came too close, the dogs considerable bulk and rather formidable fangs making people wary. Kayliegh didn't acknowledge this, if she even truly cared, as she made her way towards her destination. Her dancing dress fluttered around her legs, the extra fabric added to the skirt that made it look so graceful and beautiful while dancing proving to be slightly hinder some to those not used to the fabric attacking one's legs with the wind. Luckily, Kayliegh had worn the dress often enough that it didn't trip her up, it was only annoying.

Kayliegh was making her way to the Cerulean Pier, a place that had been demolished in the Djed Storm, Kayliegh hadn't been here for it but she'd seen the damage. People were warned away from it but Kayliegh found the pier too beautiful to resist. Even demolished it held onto some beauty, besides she had scouted it earlier the week, she knew it could hold her weight. Actually according to rumors people still came to it often enough. So maybe she'd get people to watch her. It didn't matter, she had been cooped up in her room for days until she heard about this place. She had to see it, and when she saw that it was good enough to dance on she had to dance.

Kayliegh made her way to the pier, where street met pier she stopped and dropped her cloak, shivering in the cold winter air. But she was from the far north, she was used to cold much more severe than this. She'd be fine, besides dancing would warm her up. She ordered Nuada to guard her things and to wait there.

She walked a circle for her area before she stood in the middle, beginning her stretches. Like any dancer she was flexible and it was shown obviously as she pulled her legs and arms in ways most people couldn't. As she bent her body far beyond where most stopped. When she deemed her muscles suitably loosened she began warm up exercises, she had brought her ribbon daggers this time instead of her rope dart and she had them wrapped around her right arm, two of them. She let the ribbons come down even more as she picked a sash out of her pouch full of them, the colors matched. Blue, white and sea green. She began a slow, spinning dance. The ribbon daggers flew around in a graceful, deadly arc, accompanied by the long, fluttering length of the sash. After that simple dance was done she dropped a dagger onto the ground to continue her dance with one and the sash.

She began the hip and chest movements that started the dance, stomping out a beat with her feet and the rattle of her bangles. She heard the beat in her body, it didn't matter to her if no one else could hear her music. The sash helped play a hide and seek game with her face and body as she twisted and moved, it hid her face here, her hair there, her open back next. The ribbon dagger added sudden sharp movements to counteract the soft flowing movements of her dance. The movements of her weapon arm were sharp but fluid at the same time, like the striking of a snake.

During her dance she slipped her dagger into her dress in a section free specifically for the weapon. Now it was just the sash and her. She grabbed another and began a more fast paced movement. Her body twirled and stomped, her hands twined the scarves together and drew them apart. The parted and closed like curtains over her self as she danced the moves, sweat breaking out on her as she picked up the pace, her feet blurred as she moved, her dress flying across her legs. The extra panels of fabric made the dress fly up at a moments notice and as she worked her body. Twirling her and twisting her hips there it was constantly in motion. As were the scarves that caressed her body before jumping free to the sky, held only by her long, lithe fingers.

Kayliegh lost herself in her dance, not caring who watched her as she worked, flying through the steps to a dance that an expert would call easy but worked at her meager skills mercilessly.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber
These are Nauda's Commands
This is Vani This is Common This is Shiber These are Nauda's Commands

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Words: 43037
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 20th, 2013, 8:17 pm

ImageImageImage

Walking was therapeutic for a broken heart. Then again, anything could be.

But walking had a certain feel to it, if you were actually walking. It was rythmic, consistant, and reposing. That is, if you were "truly" walking, for the man learned that there was two different types.

There was everyday walking. From here to there. To this to that. There wasn't much else to it. It was a mode of transportation, a simple action to help people get around. Then there was "Thee Walk", as Gale liked to call it from time to time. This is the type of walk where you aren't just going from here to there. To this to that. It was a state of mind.

This type of walk allowed you to move anywhere you want without even thinking about it. That spaceful place in your head where you're there physically but not mentally. You simply weave through the crowds, the buildings, the fauna like the sea breeze. This type of walking couldn't be rushed for it was graceful and heart filled. This graceful path allowed you to think about anything you want without bearing the weight of the world or yourself on your feet. Even the harshest of memories can be remembered without pain for it slips through you, through your feet and into the ground to be absorbed by the world. When you returned to the world around you and began that original, here to there walk, you're left content.

Gale liked walking like this. The hypocrite often times used "thee walk" in order to clear his mind when his past seemed to be all he was thinking about. It was the only reason hewasn't out of his mind yet, when you come to think about it, besides drawing, maybe, though that wasn't as interactive with the world as walking. When you're drawing, you're usually sitting, but when you're walking, you get to see the people in teh town doing the things that they do best. Who knows all the intersting people you'd- What do we have here?

A young lass was dancing beautiful by the Piers. This was certaintly a treat for Gale. The artist wasn't much of a dancer but he always did love the graceful movements and the precision involved. It also reminded him of his former lover. She always loved to dance and always was trying to get him to dance too.

The blonde stopped nearby, watching the girl twirl, twist, and stomp. He didn't dare get near by though, for he wasn't particularly fond of dog. However, that didn't distract him from enjoying the scene with a wide grin upon his face.

persicion
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kayliegh on January 21st, 2013, 4:31 pm

Kayliegh, so distracted as she danced on the ruing pier, did not notice her watcher. Nuada noticed him first but did not move from his position. The man was far enough from his mistress .And he was used to passerby stopping to watch her at this point. He didn't like it but he was used to it.

Kayliegh continued her dance, not caring if others watched. Which a few more people did, attracted by Gale's standing there and then by Kayliegh's colorful dance.

Kayliegh finally finished her dance, she was breathing hard and her muscles all felt warm and pleasantly worked out. She smiled at the small applause. It wasn't a large crowd and she was no expert dancer starring on a stage. But it was something, any appreciation of her skill she had worked so hard at was worth it.

Kayliegh looked at the small crowd, which was already dispersing, no one had dropped any Mizas for her but there stood a handsome blonde man. Kayliegh looked at him with curiosity, he was grinning at her. Or he had been while she was dancing. This elicited a large smile from her, she liked to make others happy with her dancing. It made her feel, well special.

A sudden idea occurred to the Vantha woman and she smiled mischievously. Most people who watched her didn't know how to dance. But it was still fun to include people into her dances. To teach them something new, and they always had fun. Even if they were confused.

Kayliegh began to walk towards him, ordering Nuada to stay where he was she held a scarf covered arm out to him.

"Dance with me?"

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 31st, 2013, 11:35 pm

ImageImageImage

He could have swore. He could have swore that she sounded like Hana when she held out her hand.

The artist starred at the hand which held in front of him opportunities for a long moment. The familiar sight captivated him as if it was the sight of a lifetime. One that you had to soak in and remember for the rest of your days.

Then again, it was ironic. When the blonde had a hand who wouldn't hesitate to hold his and sway to the rhythm of the hidden music he would always try to find an excuse not to take it. The fool always tried to reject to carefree feeling of dancing with the one he missed most of all. It was a harsh realization when he first thought about it, a long while ago. A memory that had faded until these moments. Despite Gale's self-consciences about his dancing, maybe he could, just once, accept that chance without resistance. Possibly accept that fair maiden's hand without a second thought...

"Oh no, no, no, I have the dancing skills of a fish out of the water." The hypocrite shook his head, but smiled politely at the dancer.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on February 5th, 2013, 12:32 am

The mark on her side, her gnosis she had been privileged to have since birth, tingled lightly. She felt it, from the man her hand was held out to. Sadness. It was more than that though, this man held a great loneliness inside of him. Kayliegh wasn't sure if she would've needed her gnosis to find that out, his depression showed in his eyes when he looked at her hand. Her own eyes shifted to a grassy green color as she felt sadness in response to his.

When the man denied her offer Kayliegh knew she wouldn't accept it. She didn't want him to feel that sadness, she wanted him to feel happy. Even if it was only temporary. So she gave him a wicked grin. Her eyes changed to a dark green color dusted with blue flecks all through them.
"Oh sir that doesn't matter. Come, dance." she instructed him, her hand now latched onto his and she pulled him to where she had been dancing. Her offer was an order.

"Now follow my hip movements." she dropped his hand but gave him a stern look that said if he tried to leave he wouldn't get far and began to move her hips in slow circles. She wasn't trying to seduce him, she was trying to teach him a basic component of her dancing.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 6th, 2013, 2:17 am

ImageImageImage

Maintaining eye contact was always a habit that Gale had when conversing with someone, which sometimes made others nervous. While one can argue that upholding eye contact would provide little benefits, the hypocrite never changed his mind. To him, it exposed more than what the other was letting on. However, this could be different from person to person. For example, now. The artist found no hidden secretes, or even unspoken words, but some of the woman’s bloodline. The distinct ice blue drastically change to an equally distinct green, revealing that this dancer was at least part of the fascinating race of the Vantha.

The man would have mentioned it, being captivated by their unique abilities, however, he had not realized she wasn’t taking no for an answer. The performer quite literally dragged Gale over to her performing area, making him almost trip over his brown cloak. Great…closer to the dog. Gale gave the dog a wary look, almost a glare, but quickly pulled himself to pay attention to the lass in front of him. Her look didn’t look much more pleasant than his dog fearing face, but at least she let go of his hand. Her word choice sounded demanding, much like his old professors, though Gale only stood there watching her sway her hips.

It was only natural for men to give such a movement a long look, possibly even being considered a stare. The woman swirling her hips in front of him in such a majestic manner made it particularly challenging to keep his mind on topic, even if his tastes weren’t in women at the moment. Though he quickly gathered his thoughts again to simply say, “I do not think so.”

It was a strange thing, how the natural curves of a female’s body could compliment so much to even the subtlest of sways and twirls. And with this particular entertainer, her movements seemed to be so precise and elegant that it seemed almost unnatural. They were just a continuous motion much like the tide of the ocean, always moving and never stilling. But it wasn’t the ocean. It was a lady’s hips and lower section, and he was staring at it.

The realization smacked him in a face not long after and he reared his head back up to her eyes with slightly red cheeks and a nervous grin. Hopefully he didn’t give off the wrong impression; that would be a tragic first impression.

Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on February 9th, 2013, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on February 9th, 2013, 2:23 am

Nuada watched the two humans as his mistress tried to teach the tall man to dance. He kept a close eye on the man, not trusting him so close to his mistress. But she had done this before and he had been ordered to stay so he did as told and just watched as Kayliegh taught.

Kayliegh frowned delicately at the man when he didn't repeat her motions. Although the fact that his eyes stayed on her hips for so long brought a shy smile and blush to her cheeks. She was used to being looked at, it was how she made money after all, but when she was dancing she wasn't looking at individual people. And this man was so close, and handsome.

But Kayliegh was unversed in the matters of the heart, she wasn't sure how to keep or gain a man's attention, how to flirt even really. She had always been more concerned with dancing and weapon work than with acquiring herself a bedmate for the night.

Kayliegh however did know how to pout. And pout she did when the man said he wouldn't do it. But Kay was stubborn, something anyone who knew her well would attest to. She just looked at him with these big blue eyes. She had ceased swiveling her hips as she began to pout. She came closer to him.
"Do you not understand?." she asked him with a tilt of her head, her brown and blue tresses tumbling over her shoulder.

She circled around until she was behind him. She would just have to teach him how to do this, her eyes held mischief, dark green colored her eyes strewn with blue flecks. Kayliegh pressed her hands gently against his hips.

"I shall show." she told him as she gently applied pressure to his right hip to get it to move backwards and to the left. A few people had stopped to watch the pretty dancer teach the awkward artist how he should properly sway his hips to her instructions.

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 10th, 2013, 7:34 am

ImageImageImage

A smile was better than a frown or glare, he had to admit. How much better, he did not know, but better still. It didn't seem she took offense and that is all that mattered...Besides maybe enjoying it too much.

The woman was reduced to pouting, just like old times. He could just about hear her pulling his shirt and looking up at him with big brown eyes,"Come on, Gale, pleeeasse?" Except it was green and blue eyes and wordless.

Naturally Gale rubbed the back of his neck nervously before the stranger closed the gap between them even more so. It caught him of guard, for little to no reason at all, and was tempted to take a step back, however, froze instead.

"Do you not understand?" She questioned, her head cocked to the side in a playful manner.

This wasn't very comfortable at all. The hypocrite's hands formed clenched fists at his sides, only Gale's eyes and head following the dancer as she "snuck" behind him, telling him she would show him. This only added more discomfort. This was more like putting his hand in a dog's mouth than a dance lesson.

The awkward artist glanced around at the forming crowd, half of him looking even more embarrassed and the other half pleading for someone to take his place, but nonetheless, Gale tends to overreact when it came to woman and physical contact.

Which is why the blonde's eyes widened that much more when her hands delicately were placed on his hips. Adding pressure to his right, Gale obeyed, but purely on the fact he was moving his hip to not touch her hand. The Zeltivan really wasn't comfortable with people, especially woman, touching him anywhere from the waist to the knees. Especially the earlier. Just the idea of someone moving his hips around for him made him uncomfortable, but having someone actually do it made his palms start to sweat.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kayliegh on February 11th, 2013, 2:17 am

Kayliegh knew the man was nervous, it was obvious. He practically radiated the feeling, although her gnosis didn't yet let her pick up on it. She hadn't yet made him nervous enough for it to be overpowering. Which would be a funny thing, she had to admit. This man was not used to being the center of attention as she herself was. He also didn't seem to be used to women.

When her hands made contact with his hips and she forced him to dance to the beat running through her head she finally felt the emotion he had probably been feeling the entire time, a strong sense of nervousness. She hadn't realized she had caused it to come to such a point and her hands quickly left him as if burned, she herself was embarrassed and slightly angry at herself for doing that to him. Slight nervousness and embarrassment was okay, it was funny and even the people suffering it usually laughed afterwards. But this was worse.

The nervousness overwhelmed the deep lying sadness that seemed to be ingrained in him, that had been the reason she had pulled him up there, his sadness had been like a beacon to her when it was so prominent in him still. She had wanted to make him have fun, not to make him so uncomfortable.

Kayliegh circled back around him and put a delicate hand to the side of his face. She looked into his eyes, her own slightly hurt and very worried.
"Have fun, forget. Don't think of how it looks. Just dance. It doesn't matter what others think, just do this. It'll help, I promise." Kiran urged him to believe her as she looked into his eyes. She took her hand away and spun away from him in a flurry of scarves and skirt. She took her skirt and gave him a low, graceful, curtsy before coming out of it with a hand outstretched.

"Dance with me sir, let me distract you from your sorrow for a chime or two. please." Kayliegh urged him with a kind smile. How could he refuse her this time?

This is Vani
This is Common
This is Shiber

Kayliegh
The Traveling Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on July 2nd, 2013, 8:03 pm

Loot, Lore, and Skills!

Gale :
Skills:
Philosophy - 1
Observation - 2
Socialization - 1
Dancing - 1

Lores:
Walking helps with a broken heart
The two kinds of walking
Not really dancing

Kayliegh :
Comments:
Since you have yet to update your ledger for the new season, I can't give you your grade. When you do so, PM me, and I can give it to you!

Wasn't much to give here, it seemed close to starting... but not there yet. Which is sad. I gave you a point in dancing just for the fun of it. Gale now knows how to move his hips XD Please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)