Christians Vs Mizahar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Elyemoree on January 5th, 2013, 11:10 pm

OOC: So hello, I am new here and I have been dying to find a neat role play to join of sorts, I read a bit of the information given, and instantly I was intrigued. However, I am a Christian [open minded] but I saw that their was a religion section. So, if I were to partake in this fantasy, would it be wrong to pull in God? Because if so, I cannot join because it would be morally wrong. Please get back to me! Thanks.
Elyemoree
Player

Words: 430
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2013, 10:55 pm
Race: Zith

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Colt on January 6th, 2013, 12:00 am

You can make a specific character of yours believe in a single God if you wish, which would make it perfectly acceptable to refer to such a deity as often as you'd like. However, a God like that would not have any effect on your character's everyday life, so while your character may refer to their God as often as they like, no miracles or communications with that God can take place without moderator approval.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Laszlo on January 6th, 2013, 12:43 am

Mizahar is a work of fiction and has its own gods. There are no real world elements in the game, including real life religions, ethnicities, people, or cultures. If you feel uncomfortable playing this game without referencing your real life religious beliefs (remember, this game is about a fictional person in a made up world, not you yourself), then you will have to decide for yourself whether Mizahar is right for you. :)

The players here have a lot of different religious beliefs, but we don't involve real life religion in the stories. RP is just that: stories.

FTR: This forum, and all the site's forums besides the rp ones are out of character. You don't need the tag. :)
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Dumo Groneaud on January 8th, 2013, 5:06 pm

This setting has its own gods. I do not find it to be morally wrong for a Christian to play, as they are entirely fictional ones. No one here believes that Priskil or Lhex are real beings, they just are there to explain and give more depth to Mizahar. I don't think you'd be blaspheming by roleplaying here, they are not real and no one is claiming otherwise.

Of course, the choice is your own to take, but you really aren't likely to find many roleplaying settings out there with the Christian God embedded deeply in the story, unless it is a historical or real life-oriented game.
Dumo Groneaud
Player

Words: 24489
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 4:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2013, 6:36 pm

I find it offensive that you want to push your God onto us so you can justify playing here. Keep religion out of the site please. We don't make you play here. Playing here is by individual choice. There are plenty of places you are free to discuss your religion here, such as in a scrapbook or blog, but please keep any irl faith out of IC play.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Elyemoree on January 8th, 2013, 6:50 pm

Well, what I stated wasn't to force anything on anyone. You're at an age clearly where you can choose your own path. :) I was merely asking a question for my own sorts, so really your statement was not needed. :)

I may not stick around, I have of course been role playing for 10 years myself, and haven't found a site like this before. I know role play is fictional, which is amazing.. But I personally don't think I can. But that is only because of me, not saying that anything or anyone here is morally wrong. :) I don't think I can role play being so ignorant on this topic, if I was more aware of this I would stay. Thank you all for understanding, and responding! Take care. :3
Elyemoree
Player

Words: 430
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2013, 10:55 pm
Race: Zith

Christians Vs Mizahar

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2013, 7:03 pm

My statement was very needed.

You are not the first person that has brought up this issue, nor has these queries always come from Christians. We've had Muslims and other faiths ask the same thing. Some of my best rolelpaying buddies on this site are very devote Christians and find no fault in our setup. But by your very comments in this thread and your public statement that you will not be playing here, you are in fact casting judgement upon us and the hard work of our staff put into this site while trying to provide a place for people to gather of all faiths and values and share storytelling in a very concept rich environment. I'm not sure that wasn't your whole point to begin with. And I feel its very important to point that out. The people of your faith I know would not actually take it upon themselves to do such things - aka make a judgement then go public - but would instead go on their merry way with their answer having been received.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)