Question to start and ghostly stuff

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Nellscha on January 7th, 2013, 4:03 pm

SO yeah... I'm newb around here, and honestly this is my second A&Q thread...
so.. this is my questions..

1. Can I play with my RL Friend? I manage to get a friend of mine to consider joining in, since I think about playing as a ghost.. with all of it's inabilities, I plan to have some sort of helper... so yeah~ but we might end up as somewhat permanent Companion to each other... probably like those adventures group in fantasy games... soo..
2. Can I Have a past that connect me with this friend of mine? We plan to make somewhat that her father's the one that killed my PC, then I haunted him for a short time before he disappear or something... and I end up with her...
3. Can we Start together?
-----
4. I read that ghost have to be materialized before it can be seen... but I notice that Materialization's somewhat an "activate" skill which I can activate and deactivate it whenever I wish right? Is there some sort of MP/SP/etc... that'll reduced when I activate it?
5. I read that ghost can't advance their physical skill without possessing someone, and that they can advance their mental skills right? so.. uh...
which one of these can ghost advance? I kinda unsure..
-Herbalism
-Philtering
-Healing
-Medicine
-Intelegent
-Acting
-Impersonation
-Singing
-Poetry
6. What sort of training/activities should I do to gain lv in my ghostly skill (Materialization, Soulmist Projection, Possession) I mean, Ghost used these skills constantly on their daily life right? are they just going to level up as I use them?
7. If my ghost possessed someone who's willing to be possessed, would it be different than when possessing a weak-willed person? (lore references) would there be any negative effect? whether if the person who's willing to be possessed is a spiritist or not...
8. Is there actually a way to revive a ghost? (Special permission or not) I found this on the ghost lore "maybe they are willing to face sacrifices in order to seek an avenue for coming back to life"
9. If she's a ghost, how can she bring her "starter pack" stuff... or are there some specialization for ghost/etheral being...
Nellscha
D4rkness

Words: 1895
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 11:06 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Rayage on January 9th, 2013, 12:50 am

Hello, welcome to Mizahar. Its nice to see more undead/ghosts around :)

Let me try to answer as many of your questions as I can:

1) You can play with an RL friend. There is no rule against that. It makes Miza all the funner if you can enjoy it with a friend.

2) Yes, have fun plotting!

3) You can start together.

4) Yes, you have to activate your ghostly skills to use them. Soul Mist will be used when you are using your ghostly abilities.

5) I honestly have no idea about the extent of the skill limitation towards ghosts. I would like to have the creator of the race or a founder answer that one.

6) There are lots of ways you can use your skills to get them up. A fun way with possession is learning to possess different things, and perhaps notice that some people/things are easier to possess than others and look for the answer to why that is. SMP is fun too. Just start using and having fun with your skills. Some advice with skill training though, it gets awful boring if you are writing JUST to get skills up. Come up with a story where the skill can logically be applied and used within. You will have a lot more fun writing stories and different situations than you will just 'training'.

7)Possessing a willing person will be much easier for the ghost, and probably since they are not resisting use less soul mist in the process. (Dont quote me on that. Im making a logical jump.)

8) There MIGHT be ways to revive a ghost without going through reincarnation, but I will let you plot and figure that yourself. Id ask the HD, but not before you've come up with a logical way of revival. I would look into magic, such as animation since masters can use REAL souls... hint hint

9) I dont know how to answer this one myself. As a ghost you really DONT NEED any of that stuff. Its up to you how your character handles it. Just know if you are going to try too haul something around with you, then you will need quite a bit of skill in Soul Mist Projection or perhaps possession, or maybe you have your friend carry your stuff around for you -shrugs-. There are a lot of ways!

Hope I've helped. Have fun in Mizahar.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nellscha on January 9th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Thank you rayage!! *hug you*
though the only way of resurrection that i could think of was by some sort of time magic (if that even possible, or did i miss it?) and undecayed my character's body and have her to repossess it, since my logical way of "death" in fantasy world is that the body's unfit to be used anymore, thus severed the ties that bind a soul to a body... or the bind it self lose it's power and the soul is pulled off of the body, which might happens if the soul ever leave the body even for once... though those are my original thought (I once revive my Ghostly character using these logic on one of my old rps) But I think i'll just try for the special permission when I actually want it... I have this thing on being a ghost~ (to much playing the sims3 game)

and of course i'll plan on having a fun RP, but these skill system's kinda confusing though, so i'm just asking~ but skills are important to.. So i'll try to find a way in training my skills as I plot and play my way through~ XD thanks for the advice though! I'll need it~
Nellscha
D4rkness

Words: 1895
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 11:06 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Rayage on January 10th, 2013, 6:05 am

Um, Im not sure how to interpret your view of death in a fantasy world. Just keep on reading the lore and if you are looking into magic, I suggest read everything you can from the actual magic page, to what djed is, to the actual discipline and any other related links to get a full view of magic. Just know that Mizahar is unlike any fantasy world you've encounter and that things might be a little different here than on other sites. (Like Im sure it WILL be different.) So keep on looking around, start to play, read, write, have fun, and know that the journey to revival will be a long one.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)