Planning the future (Van & Kashik)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kashik on June 9th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Her smile only broadened when he didn't understand what she meant, and the mischief brightened her eyes as she shoved up on her hands and sat up - only long enough to pounce on him, shoving him over on his back and squirming up to straddle his hips and giggle down at him. It was more playful than sexual, just a way of showing her excitement at a good idea.

"Yes, we are getting married," she snickered, flattening her palms on either side of his head and leaning over to smile down at him. "But the question is... when are we getting married? And does it have to be the same answer as when are our families planning our wedding?" she queried, eyes sparkling merrily.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Words: 136797
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2010, 2:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Vanator on June 9th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Vanator offered no resistance as Kashik pushed him on his back and straddled him, his hands moving to rest on her thighs. She was suddenly playful, beaming with some plot, one that she was going to tantalize him with.

As she teased him with her play on words, the riddle of the whens and wheres of their marriage, Van finally got the epiphany. A wide grin slowly crept across his face, his right eyebrow lifting curiously.

"Are you suggesting, Kashik Brightsmile, that we exchange vows before we go to Riverfall, before our families' ceremony?"

He laughed, loud enough that it caused Kashik to bounce. It was brilliant, if not a bit unorthodox. "Do you know how mad my father and your brother will be?" He quipped, as if they were teenagers planning to elope. "Lets do it. I want you to me my wife... now!"
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kashik on June 10th, 2010, 1:53 am

She knew what their families' reactions would be: oh, they would be annoyed at first, but once they got past that they would see the wisdom of her choice. Whether they left Endrykas or not, it might be... problematic... to delay the wedding, since it wasn't likely she'd be avoiding his bed in the meantime.

But the sound of his laughter chased away some of the misery that had lined his face, and for that alone she would have suggested this particular plot.

She knew that breaking off his affairs had wounded him greatly, but her faith in Vanator was unshakable - there was not a single moment in which she questioned whether or not his goodbyes had involved words or something more inappropriate. He'd taken her honor upon himself the moment he'd asked her to marry him, and carried it with him ever since. And she loved him so deeply, with the unwavering fervency of a woman who'd never truly loved before, that she'd have killed anyone who questioned his motives or behavior.

I want you to be my wife... now!

Those simple words, spoken with such enthusiasm, sent a storm of joyful emotions raging through her veins loud enough to deafen her. Her breath rushed out of her even as she grinned down at him... and then collapsed atop him and kissed him fiercely.

In the midst of the kiss, she curled her fingers around his shoulders and hauled him up into a sitting position, wriggling back a little so she was in his lap instead of holding him down. Arms looped around his neck and she kissed him some more, her mouth consuming his, until finally she broke it long enough to take a deep gulp of air and let it out with a laugh. "Let's do it," she giggled, staring at him with her heart in her eyes. "What... I don't know what to say, though, my mother hasn't gotten to that part," she chuckled.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on June 10th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Kashik breathed life into the tiny canvas chamber that had become stale with guilt and regret. Vanator inhaled the air, now rich with the scent of the Drykas woman...his Drykas woman. Confusion and sorrow were sent to dark corners as Kashik's contagious glowing smile lit the room.

His gloom dispelled for the moment, Vanator indulged in Kashik as she leaned down to bless him with a delicious kiss. He soon found her strong hands clutching his shoulders and hoisting him to a sitting position, the deep kiss uninterrupted as she squirmed to get seated comfortably on his lap.

Once Kashik released his tingling mouth and spoke with her eyes dancing, he could not resist her. Van returned her gaze, obviously captivated. The plan suited him just fine. To Eloab with what their families thought anyway. He was well past the age to be dictated to anyway. They would become man and wife and get out of Endrykas. He was anxious to see Kavala, and hopefully Akela too. And he wanted to have Kashik all to himself.

Face to face with the object of his love, Van spoke with a wide smile he could not suppress. "We don't need anyone to write vows for us. Cheva wants to hear what comes from our hearts anyway, we will speak our own!"
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on June 10th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Kashik's smile reflected his, and she nodded, trying to get her mind to focus on the enormity of what they were doing. She had to take a breath, overwhelmed by something that was half panic and half unutterable joy, barely able to believe that this was actually happening.

But it was here, and he wanted to make her his wife.

She took his face in her hands, palms cool against his cheeks. It wasn't how she'd imagined getting married - in her nightgown, hair in a messy bun, with Vanator sleep-deprived and heart-broken. But it was what they needed, and everything she wanted, and at that moment she didn't give a damn whether she was looped in diamonds or dressed in rags.

"Vanator Denusk," she whispered, shivering a little as the seriousness of the moment finally took hold of her. "I love you, as deeply as any woman has ever loved a man. I give you my heart and my honor, and my faith that you will protect them as you protect your own life. And I swear to you that I will honor you, that I will serve and support you, will always be the pillar on which you build your life, and that I will love you the rest of my days," she whispered.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on June 11th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Of course this was not how Vanator had imagined it. He questioned himself for an instant, whether they were doing this simply for convenience. But he knew when he looked into Kashik's glowing face, so young and strong and beautiful, that more than anything, this is want he truly wanted.

As Kashik's hands framed his face, her palms calloused from years of wielding the spear, Vanator's body flushed with a warmth that seemed to rise from the flutter in his stomach. Kashik's presence was always so powerful, it had pulled at him relentlessly since the first moment they met. She exuded confidence and a love of life that had captivated him, a sultry mischievousness that intrigued him, and an unquestionable love that he found himself clinging to.

The canvas and leather walls faded as Vanator listened to the vows his betrothed whispered to him, meant only for his ears and those of the goddess that would bind them together for a lifetime. Vanator drank in every word, tasting the sentiment behind each one, humbled as Kashik offered herself to him, swore her life to his, her will to his own. Those utterances could not have meant more, struck him as deeply, if they were spoken in a high Drykas wedding ceremony. If the Denusk heir's strong muscle and bones could melt, they would have done so as she sat in his lap in her nightgown and committed her soul to him.

When Kashik had finished her vows, Van let them soak in. He held her teal gaze, now soft and revealing, confirming the sincerity and joy behind her profession of love to him before Cheva. His hands lifted to cover hers, pulling them gently from his face. Releasing one hand, he reached to lay his own palm against her deep bronze skinned face, his thumb brushing over her cheekbone. Van's other hand pressed Kashik's against his chest, over his heart, and gently held it there.

A soft, warm grin played across Van's lips as his dark, gold-flecked eyes remained fixed on Kashik's gaze. He inhaled deeply, her hand under his rising and falling with his chest. There was a myriad of emotions, feelings and impressions within him, pounding strongly with every beat of his heart. Vanator began to reach for them, trying to craft them into words that would be true to their intent.

"Kashik Brightsmile," he spoke, softly hushed but firm with conviction, "You swept into my life like one of Zulrav's raging storms, seized my heart, and refused to return it. I love you as if my life depended on it, and I want it to. I want my heart to beat in time with yours, my chest to rise and fall with your every breath."

"Kashik, I will surround you with love. I will guard your heart, soul and flesh with the strength of my will and the might of my arm. I will be your protection and your confidence. I will faithfully champion your honor and carry it as a banner over our pavilion. I will respect your decisions, heed the wisdom of your words, share the burdens of your heart and indulge the desires of your flesh. You have my heart and I will not take it back. It will always be yours first. We will be strong together, we will build a family worthy of our Drykas people."

Vanator leaned in slowly but with purpose, and set his mouth to Kashik's in a warm, gentle kiss. He held her there, his lips lazily moving across hers, until he felt a warmth on her skin, under his hand. Van pulled back, his eyes glancing at hers before lifting his hand and looking at her neck. On the left side, just under her ear, a dark image had appeared. It was in the shape of a spear and a battle axe, crossed, and lashed together with a strong vine. In the background was a rock outcropping. The exact formation under which they had taken refuge the first day that Vanator and Kashik had met. Kashik could see as well, that Van bore the same mark on his neck. They were Cheva's marks, the sign that proved the goddess accepted and approved of the heart-felt commitment the two Drykas lovers had made, the vow to live for one another for the rest of their lives.

Vanator and Kashik were now husband and wife.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kashik on June 12th, 2010, 6:14 am

For all that she'd thought she understood what it meant to love a man, for all that she'd just promised him her heart and her love for the rest of her days, his words called forth such intense emotion within her that for a moment she couldn't breath, too overwhelmed by it. It was all-encompassing, too much for one heart to bear, and she wasn't sure she could survive the love she felt for him then. It burned in her eyes as brightly as Syna herself, swelled and crashed within her, deafened her as surely as any storm she'd encountered. It would have been terrifying if she'd had room in her breast for any other emotion.

But then his lips met hers, slowly teased her own and made their own promises, and she felt as if everything within her shifted just a fraction, just enough to make room for the love she bore her new husband. Suddenly her own heart slowed and matched the beat of Vanator's pulse that thrummed beneath her fingers, and she knew that it would always be thus.

When he lifted his head once more, she finally took a gulp of air, dizzy and senseless from his words and his kiss - and as he dropped his eyes, she dropped her own as well, and her mouth hung open as she caught sight of the Chevas mark that now adorned the bronze skin at his throat.

She simply stared at it for a few heartbeats. Then, as it always did, her smile slowly blossomed like the sun burning through the morning clouds. "My husband," she whispered, jewel-bright eyes flickering back up to meet his as she lifted her free hand to brush a few locks of hair back from his brow. "Well," she chuckled, smile twisting into something more mischievous and wry. "I suppose we ought to get packed then, hmm?" she giggled, boldly winking at him.
Kashik
Wife of Vanator Denusk

Character sheet

Postby Vanator on June 14th, 2010, 2:44 pm

My Husband. Vanator's eyes sparkled at the utterance, glittering gold specks catching the scant daylight seeping into the tent. It had seemed so long since he had heard that. The sound of Kashik's soft voice whispering the words gave him a sense of completeness he had longed for, a thrill that sent his heart racing, and an incredible feeling of stability. He loved to hear her say it.

As with every one of their emotion-soaked moments, this one ended as well with Kashik's rougish smile. Vanator turned his own smirking grin to her, one eyebrow raised. "Yes, and the sooner we leave Endrykas in our dust the better!" Indeed, it seemed there was nothing preventing them from going to Riverfall now, to see his sisters, and to begin their life together.

"But first, I believe we owe Cheva the honor of consummating our marriage." Leaning into kiss his new wife, Vanator grabbed the hem of Kashik's nightgown and lifted it over her head. Laying back and pulling her down on top of him, the couple officially began their first day of married life with a bang.
Vanator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tundris on September 20th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Kashik
+2 Rhetoric
+1 Leadership
Lores:
Vows to Cheva, Drykas Affection, Cultural Risks of Eloping, Finding Refuge in a Lover's Arms

Vanator
+2 Rhetoric
Lores:
Vows to Cheva, Drykas Affection, Cultural Risks of Eloping, Finding Refuge in a Lover's Arms, Breaking Hearts, Soothing Heartbreak With New Love

Notes: I really love unconventional eloping, it is far more romantic than ceremonies. The act is between two lovers after all, not for the rest of the family!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous