Open [The Pavilion] Hail?

The day it hails in Ahnatep (see the pilot thread), is the day Corneliun get's caught out in it. Open to all.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Corneliun on January 14th, 2013, 7:31 pm

34th Winter, 512- The city is visited by hail
The Pavilion- Midday- 12th Bell

It was due to the unique weather conditions present that day, where the heat of stormy clouds was met by an icy layer, that it occurred. This strange miracle of two combining forces, the winds that raced above in the heavens, through the friction in the air that the stones of ice plummeted down through the sky. This shard of ice was followed by more until the sky was alive with them. With the sheer force it hit the streets, it struck against buildings, ringing off structures with a low droning noise. The people gave shouts of surprise, the hard ice bouncing off their forms as the many ran for cover. Hail had come to Ahnatep.

"Well I be..."
Corneliun looked up to the sky. Rain was rare enough- though not unheard of- in Ahnatep. But hail? It was indeed a surprise even to him, and more so the cold nature of the ice. He quickly pulled himself beneath the awning of a tent, his golden eyes staring up to the sky with awe. Indeed it did make a change to the usual temperate winter weather, yet it was its arrival without warning, the chill from it causing the temperature to drop rapidly. His plan was to simply keep himself occupied, to look at all and feel the presence of people and their existence. And so quickly he drew himself out of the awning of a Barley Merchant, and into the hail. He darted from tent to tent, every time drawing in a sharp intake of air as he ducked back under cover.

As time went on, Corneliun ducked between tents, receiving the disgusted looks from others as his form became chilled and slowly soaked. He pushed his way through the entrance, shaking himself to dislodge the ice that rested in his hair. Before he even realised where he was, the man had brought himself into the shelter of the West Winds Pavilion, the main sellers of Barley and Bear, along with other smaller goods. It was here that the voices were at their loudest, that the merchants still continued to try and sell regardless of the perplexed expressions upon their customers faces.

For the most part, Corneliun simply walked round the largest of the tents, trying to keep a straight back as he tried to look interested in the goods, whilst in reality he was trying to grasp onto the warmth and get himself dry once more. Behind him he could hear the people talking, his ears perking up at key points.
Bad for business. Hail destroys. Ruins crops. Better not cause too much damage.
It was words like this that made the man pay attention. If damage was indeed made and things were destroyed, then prices would rise. Of course, that was only 'if'. The hail would no doubt ease off soon enough, and the people of Ahnatep would have nothing to worry about. In theory at least. Time would reveal the truth.

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Common | Arumenic | Isur | Thought
Corneliun
Player

Words: 74077
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 16th, 2013, 1:28 am

Singh regarded the streets with distaste. She didn't like it when it hailed, no one did. It was horrible for crops, clothing, and it hurt. Esha had decided to spend her day training new recruits at her work and left Singh to travel the city. Singh had decided to go look at the prices that those of the market were selling their own jewelry. She didn't like the look of most of the items there and was appalled when someone tried to have her buy a horrible piece of work. Though she did eye some others.

Singh had just turned back to the main walkway when she noticed a familiar figure. Passing directly in front of her was Corneliun. She would remember that ragged face anywhere. Singh rolled her eyes at the fake smiles. She took in notice that he was not really even looking at the items and that he was walking around damp from the hail.

Singh glanced at her own attire. It wasn't the best time to be going around as she was. She had left her cloak at home and now was paying the price. Her arms wrapped around her as a cold wind swept through. She glanced at Corneliun again before huffing and deciding to go and see what the man was up to.

Last edited by Singh Re Naphu on January 17th, 2013, 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Words: 50349
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Scarab on January 16th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Near the West Winds Pavilion, in one of the many unsheltered lanes between shop tents, stood a small, shivering child. The blonde boy was human, and looked to be about 6 or 7 years old. There was an easily recognizable look of despair on his thin face as his bright blue eyes darted around the tents in search of something - or someone. If the weather had merely turned to rain, his arms would have been wrapped around his bony stomach for warmth, but as it was they were folded over his head in an effort to protect himself from the fierce balls of ice sent from above. The boy's tawny skin seemed to be turning a sickly shade of grey underneath the sunless sky. He foolishly wore no shirt, and only a thin green kilt and worn sandals protected him from the elements.

It would have been clear to every passerby that the boy was cold and distraught, but no one huddled underneath the tents or darting between them for warmth could be bothered to stop and ask if he needed help. If Corneliun or Singh were watching, they would see him attempt to catch the attention of several eypharian strangers who were hastening past him. One, a six-armed woman, shook her head regretfully at the boy and continued on her way. The other, a tall man cloaked in forest green, simply didn't register the child and knocked right into him, sending the boy flat on his back with the hail coming right for his face.

Would someone act quickly to help him, or would he be left to fend for himself?

OOC :
All right! I hope you don't mind me popping in. The choice is yours - do you help the boy, or leave him be? You will get at least one more post from me either way. If you choose to help, feel free to briefly control his physical actions if you need to (ie. have him walk, stand, be carried, whatever you see fit). & as always, if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to PM me!

“Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.”
AhnatepCity OverviewPilotTabloidsFigures & Phrases
Scarab
I won't desert you.

Words: 43777
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Corneliun on January 16th, 2013, 10:07 pm

For a moment, Corneliun was distracted as he stared down at with curiosity at a small sculpture. He looked at the carved stone, the angles and flecks of light bouncing off it. His head cocked to one side as he looked carefully at it, forgetting the outside world for a moment, before drawing his eyes away and turning on his heel. And then he came face to face with Singh.

To say the man flinched with surprise would be an understatement. He was more than surprised with the Eypharian standing practically behind him, and his face showed it. For a moment he went rigid, his eyes widening slightly before he managed to compose himself.
“Don’t scare me like that,” he shook his head “Sneaking up behind me without a noise.”
He exhaled, giving a small nod as a greeting, a look of calm taking over him. He gave her a quick glance over, noting that she was no doubt in a similar state to him, cold and damp. Then again, he thought as his eyes drifted across the scene behind him, so was everyone else who ventured outside. He watched the bustle of the people go by; words exchanged people diving in and out of the tents, a distraught boy and merchants shouting out their wares.

Wait. Boy.

Corneliun’s eyes darted away for a moment, and then snapped back, the shades of gold flickering as he focused. He watched the passersby ignore him for the most part, barely stopping to hear his words. The human boy was far from important in the eyes of others. In a sense Corneliun recognised the situation himself; he remembered when he first arrived in Ahnatep and the way the he was treated, they too had very little time for him. He watched the boy being knocked to the floor by a passerby, and for a moment Corneliun waited for him to react, to get up and move. But when he did not, the mixed blood acted.

“Although, I would love to exchange pleasantries,” he gave a small point towards the boy before giving a shrug “I’ve got something I need to go and do… No hard feelings.”
He quickly stepped away, his eyes darting about at the others as he made a beeline for the human. If it was not for his bold and forward nature he most likely would of let the child be, but why change a habit of a lifetime? So he approached, taking quick steps as he closed in. He crouched down to the boy, a grin of a fool on his face as the hail came racing down, and pulled the boy to his feet.
“You alright?” he asked.

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 17th, 2013, 4:03 am

Singh rolled her eyes as Corneliun flinched. And then again when he said not to sneak up on him. He had been the one who had walked right past her not the other way around. She simply hadn't made notice of her presence to him yet. Singh watched him look her over and she simply crossed her arms.

She shook her head at his informality and watched as his eyes took in the surroundings behind him. She thought he was possibly looking for Esha and jealousy rose in her. Everybody was always wondering where the beautiful, outgoing, friendly glig was. She showed no signs of her jealousy, at least to her knowledge, but it was no worry for him to stop it as he quickly blew her off, “Although, I would love to exchange pleasantries,” he gave a small point towards something behind her before giving a shrug “I've got something I need to go and do… No hard feelings.”

She glared at him, before turning to watch as Corneliun crossed the street and made way to a boy who had fallen. All the annoyance fell from her face. Not even thinking about it her hand darted to the scar that lay behind her clothing. A pang of mourning fell over her as she stared at the two. She always wanted a son....maybe two.

She didn't even know what she was doing before she found herself crouching beside Corneliun. Putting on a small smile she found her self opening her arms up for the boy, "Come now, it's cold. No need to be standing out in this whether. Corneliun and I will help you. And don't let his rugged looks fool you....he's quite the fool himself." She gave a small smile and waited on the boy. She didn't bother to look at Corneliun but inside her head she was cursing herself in every language she knew. And then some. And she didn't even know she could say so many words at the same time anymore.

'Letting yourself become weak to children at every corner does not help your reputation. Nor yourself. You should have walked away... and complementing him! What has gotten into you!' Her mind ran into many more unpleasant thoughts but she kept a smile on her face.

Her heart almost broke when she finally noticed the boys body. Tears tried to fight their way to the surface but she refused... and so did her body. "Corneliun, please tell me you have a cloak or blanket on you." Water slowly ran down her face and arms ruining her hair and make-up, as the hail already on her melted and then was to be replaced by more. She would have been wincing but her attention was on the boy and she herself couldn't feel her arms or the other parts of her body that were exposed. "Quickly now!" she spoke glancing at Corneliun, ignoring any looks others or him were giving her.

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Scarab on January 17th, 2013, 6:25 pm

The young boy, although relieved to be back on his feet, shook his head solemnly in response to Corneliun's question. "N-no..." he replied, his teeth chattering from the cold. He reached a hand up to brush hail from his hair - a futile action in the end, as more began to cluster almost immediately.

When Singh bent down to his level and moved to embrace him, he went straight into her arms and buried his face in her clothes. His own small arms were wrapped around her waist as best they could be, hands resting just above her coin purse. She would be able to feel his body shivering. He turned his head sideways for air. Corneliun might notice the hopeful look that entered the boy's eyes when Singh spoke of cloaks and blankets. They would all need to find warmth soon if they wanted to avoid sickness.

"C-can you help me f-find my b-broth-th-ther?" the boy stammered, looking pleadingly up at Corneliun. "H-his name is J-Jasper and I was s-supposed to m-meet him here, but it started t-to hail and he d-didn't come get me like he said he w-would." He pulled back from Singh's embrace and studied her makeup-streaked eyes.

"P-please? I want to go home..."

The hail continued to pelt down in small icy pellets, but an observant eye might notice that the balls of hail were slowly getting bigger. It could potentially become dangerous for an unwary person to stay out under the open sky much longer. There was also the chance, however, that the hail might end as quickly as it began.

“Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.”
AhnatepCity OverviewPilotTabloidsFigures & Phrases
Scarab
I won't desert you.

Words: 43777
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 10:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Corneliun on January 17th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Day season year, Aditional
Location-Approx time- Real time

"You words wound me, calling me a fool. The pain, you don't know how much it hurts," he gave a small chuckle before turning his attention properly to the boy.
He heard Singh's demands fall upon his ears, the close embrace, the shivering, that look of hopefulness in his eyes. His eyes for a moment darted about his form, a brief moment of hesitation as he studied the boy. Sharp eyes and observation never went a miss, he knew exactly where the hands of the boy fell, but for the meanwhile said nothing about it.
"Cloak? Right, I think I've got one," his golden eyes glanced up to the sky for a moment before he pealed off his backpack. It was down to luck he had decided to bring it with him today with this horrible weather. He quickly rummaged through, pulling out a variety of oddments, tucking the items that would get wet quickly under his arm before a wool cloak was drawn.

He passed it to Singh, his eyes briefly turning up to the sky as the icy pellets began to grow harder. Standing around in it would only cause illness to spread across the three of them, and dangerous. He glanced at the two of them, his brow turning into a frown. For the most part he had yet to start shivering, but it was clear even he too was beginning to feel the chill. He had to make a choice, one that would produce the best and most effective outcome.
"I'll help you find Jasper," Corneliun ruffled the child's hair a grin on his face "But you need to promise that you'll wait in that tent there with the lovely Tira Re Naphu, alright?"
He did not leave room for the boy to disagree with him, "Now what does he look like?"

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

[The Pavilion] Hail?

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 17th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Singh looked up at the sky before looking back down, "You'll feel pain if we stay out here." Singh pulled to boy back to her and wrapped him in the cloak. Picking him up, she set him on her hip, opposite of her money, and wrapped her arms around him. Trying to keep the shivering boy warm.

Singh glanced at Corneliun when he said 'Tira.' And then picked up on the fact that he was referring to the owner of one of the tents. "He can describe Jasper once we get under there. The hail is growing larger, standing here will do us no good." She herself left no room for arguments and walked over to said tent.

It hurt her to a degree carrying around a child, in the fashion she would have carried her own. By now Singh had already accepted the fact that she couldn't turn her back now and motherly instincts were all she was worried about controlling right now. Finally standing out of the hail she realized just how large the hail was getting. She was shivering a little but the boy in her arms was fairing far worse than her.

She rubbed her arms up and down his sides trying to get friction to build heat. There was a little that she could feel but it was better than nothing. Using on of her other four arms she brushed the hail out of his hair and off his face. She giggled, surprising herself, when she went to brush her hair back only to come back with more water than lay on the boys hair, "I must look like a clown. But you have a cute red nose as of now, so I call a draw." she pocked said nose and smiled.

Singh didn't know if she would ever have this experience again so she took all she could from it. She wasn't planning on kids and Esha was too much of a wild card to decide if Singh would ever get nephews and nieces yet. Singh thought of what Esha's face and thoughts would be right now and almost winced. Esha would have been practically crying knowing her, whining little things about how cute Singh is with little ones.

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets