Solo [Particles of the Past] Seeking Answers~

~Where are you daddy?~ Vaspira has the rune's cast seeking answers to where her father is.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

[Particles of the Past] Seeking Answers~

Postby Vaspira on January 17th, 2013, 9:43 am

10th of Winter 512 AV
10th Bell, Morning
Particles of the Past

Vaspira had been wondering about her biological father as of late. She grew up knowing her mother, and not her father, and the one time she questioned her mother about who her father was, did not turn out well. Her mother exploded in a rage, wondering why she wanted to know who he was. The reaction she received from her mother, perked her curiosity, but she did not question about her father again. Now that her mother was dead, the information about her father was dead with her. Kelvics did not care about family that much, only bond mates and becoming bonded with someone, but Vaspira was a slight exception. She longed to know who her father was, if she possibly had any half-sisters or brothers out in the world. She wanted to know his history, what he liked, who he was, but mostly why he left her mother.

Vaspira walked along the Petal of Adamant Devotion, lost in her thoughts, until she came up to a place called the Particles of the Past. It said there was a fortune teller inside, and this made all her previous thoughts disappear, as new ones came in her mind. Maybe… They can help. Vaspira thought to herself as she entered the small building. She came upon a small waiting area, with a Jamoura standing there to welcome customers. Jamoura made Vaspira nervous because of their large size, so she approached the creature cautiously. Grey hair covered the Jamoura’s body, with the exception of his face and torso. His thick fingers sported long intimidating claws, that looked to be well manicured. A strange welcoming smile bestowed the Jamoura’s lips, making him look friendlier.

The Jamoura asked for her name and what she was seeking this day. Vaspira told him her name, but was unsure what it was that would deliver the best results. The Jamoura’s interest seemed to perk, and she was pounded with questions.

”You look to be pained in some way, what is wrong? What is it that you are seeking to make you feel such pain?” Fron asked, curiosity riding the rough grunt of his common tongue.

Vaspira was taken aback at the Jamoura’s friendly curiosity that a small smile formed on her lips, but quickly disappeared at the thought of why she was here. I am seeking information about my father. I do not know anything about him, not even his name. So I do not know which skill would be best to pay for, which would have the best results of what I am asking. Vaspira let out a sigh, looking away from Fron’s hairless face.

“It will be okay, we will help you, or Milani or Niklani rather, will help you. You must know that we cannot tell you where he is exactly, or his name, it will be vague and left up to you to figure out, but they can give you hints as to where to start looking. I think the Runestones would be your best opition. The Jamoura smiled, patting Vaspira comfortingly on the back, leading her to the front desk. He disappeared for a few chimes, and reappeared with a young girl at her side, or at least she appeared to be. The woman only looked to be fifteen or sixteen years of age, with pale blonde hair and steel blue eyes. She had a scar that trailed from below her eye to the corner of her upturned mouth. The shirt she was wearing multiple layers of shirts, which fell off of her shoulders, iridescent grey scales could be seen on her small shoulders. She had a weird beauty about her, and she was a creature that Vaspira had never laid eyes upon.

“I am Milani I will be helping you seek out your answers today.” The strange woman smiled warmly at Vaspira, and gestured with her hand to follow her. So Vaspira smiled at Fron and followed the strange woman. The room was made of cloth hanging from the ceiling, creating walls around them. On the floor laid three thick mats, two on one side of a knee-high table, and one on the other side. Milani sat down on the one mat, the runestones on the table prepared for the reading. Vaspira took her seat across from the woman, fidgeting with her nails out of a nervous habit.

”I know I must look strange to you, I am a Konti, we are like… a sort of seer fish race, to give a general description. Calm down and do not worry, I will help you the best I can. The Konti woman smiled at Vaspira, and she stopped fidgeting with her nails, although the need still lingered in her mind. Vaspira sat quietly as the woman lite a candle, and picked up the runestones.
”Ask your question of the Runestones, and they will answer the best they can. Milani said with a calm face.

Vaspira inhaled a deep breath, to calm her nerves, before she spoke to the runestones. ”I wish to learn where my biological father is.” After the last of her words left her path, the woman cast the runestones on the table, her brow furrowing as she read the stones individually.

”The first rune means One can travel over roads and streets and one's life can take many twists and turns and different directions. You are to go on a journey, possibly travel to a new location, in this journey, you will change. The second rune is reversed and it symbolizes defeat and time to retreat wisely. The third rune symbolizes the future is always ambiguous and unknown and the appearance of this symbol means a hidden matter or underlying secret meaning or a gamble with an unpredictable outcome.” Milani looked up at Vaspira, a sad look in her eyes. ”That is all that the runes have to say about the matter. To help you with the meaning, I believe that you are to go on a journey to find your father, and on this journey there will be a change, you are gambling with an unpredictable outcome, it may not be a happy reunion. I am sorry that I could not be of more help, but it gives you an idea. This rune also points towards the north, as in that maybe you should travel north to find your answers. That is all I can tell you though, there is nothing more to be said. I hope that this has helped at least a little. Her warm smile irritated Vaspira, she did not get a direct answer, just petching riddles. She knew this was a bad idea, she shouldn’t of came here, she wasted 2 gm for something she already knew. She knew she had to travel, but she wanted to know where he was exactly, so she had a destination in mind. But no, all she got was, go north and beware.

Vaspira scoffed loudly and stood up. “Thank you for wasting my time, that did not answer my question at all, but rather made more questions form in my head. It was a waste of money. Vaspira did not let the woman say another word, she was filled with too much rage. She stormed out of the fake fortune telling building, and away from the petal, far away.

She needed to go north, at least the woman thought she did, but she wasn’t sure. Vaspira growled loudly, making passerbys jump and stare at her. She did not care though; she was through with this petching city and its hairy monkey’s and its lies. Vaspira walked fast and hard, in her anger, making people jump out of her way in fright, as she made her way to the Shrine of Navre, to seek out calm and peace within herself.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes