The Misadventure of School (Lucas)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Theia on January 18th, 2013, 1:01 am

25th of Winter, 512AV

The university had the ability to make a person feel both brilliant and moronic at the same time. It was not the building itself, for the building itself was a brilliant and beautiful building that showcased much about the city. Magnificent was often a word used to describe it however, the people in the university could be divided into not-so-magnificent categories, such as those who though the world outside of theirs beneath them and those who were are part of the world. Depending on the person one not attending the university may never return to its halls or may find it a wondrous place of learning.

For all her love of learning, Theia was not a university person nor was she one to have the focus for ‘book smarts’ and on this particular afternoon she was feeling the former effects of the university. Mostly she simply felt ridiculous because her brother was nowhere to be found and half the schools people seemed to ignore her or gape at her. It was…disturbing to say the least. And she could not find it within herself to do anything but feel the urge to jump around and shout that ‘yes she was there!’

So, she continued on her way and felt herself no longer paying attention to the non-responsive responses that she received. Rather, Theia focused on herself, the feeling of wrongness that seemed to be tickling around her and closing in fast. Around her she wished to block it and concentrated on the idea of knowing she was there, it wasn’t something truly important and yet it was. It was simply one of those gut feelings you cannot and should not ignore.

Which is what had her awkwardly groping herself, stopping now and again to feel along her body and hair, patting it and feeling much like she was molding herself out of air. Carefully pulling and tugging at something she couldn’t name, weaving it around her like a dress or a disguise. Solid, it was all she wished to be and the that made her cringe and was swiftly and forcibly forgotten and just—no, it was enough. She needed to stop being so paranoid about whatever it was she felt. Straightening herself she repeated her mantra, she was there, no one could not see her and there was no reason to be ignored, she thought.

Although, her direction didn’t really have a purpose and she ended up striding around the same corridors for bells looking for her moron of a brother.
Theia
Ignorance is Bliss

Words: 34666
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on January 24th, 2013, 6:10 am

If the university had the ability to make a person feel both brilliant and moronic at the same time, then Lucas was probably a brilliant moron, whatever that meant. He didn’t really care much about the university’s architecture, nor did he think that the people outside of it were beneath him. On the contrary, they fascinated him. He had come to the university to learn more about them and understand them better. He didn’t look down on anybody either. The other students often looked down on him because he looked just like an Inarta who had misplaced his eagle, because he was more interested in pranks than academic discussions and because he was absolutely fascinated by things like fortune telling.

That didn’t really affect his self confidence in any way though. Lucas always walked around with his head held high and a huge smile on his face. As long as people didn’t try to hurt him, he honestly didn’t care what they thought of him and just kept on doing his thing.

Today „doing his thing“ meant that he was looking for the library ghost – again. He had made a couple of trips to the library so far, but he hadn’t even found a single trace of the famous ghost yet. He had asked the librarian, but the woman hadn’t been very helpful. He had the impression that she didn’t like him. So he had decided to avoid her for now and just look for the ghost on his own. Maybe, he thought, it had moved out of the library and was haunting the classrooms now. At least he would be rather bored if he had to spend his whole existence in one room.

So he searched the hallways and moved from classroom to classroom – until he saw Theia. He stopped abruptly and stared at her, and then he grinned and asked her, „You don’t happen to be the library ghost, do you? I always thought the library ghost was a guy, but a girl is fine as well. By the way, why are you groping yourself?“
Last edited by Lucas Arias on February 11th, 2013, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Theia on February 7th, 2013, 8:50 pm

There was a lot that was wrong with this whole introduction that Theia didn’t know where to start. Her hands flew to her sides stiffly and she halted, straightening and eyeing the red-head with rapidly growing frustration. Ghost! Ghost! Ghost! Damn whoever invented it!

“I‘m not a damned ghost, don’t even believe in the things! And I wasn’t groping myself I was…cold.” It sounded ridiculous even to herself but that only fueled her frustration, “Introduce yourself properly to people not with your questions.”

She scolded, focusing on one of the shelves and keeping her arms down so she didn’t check herself again. A part of her wanted to question the boy for trying to look for something like a ghost anyway. It was a fool’s errand and if he went around asking for a ghost he wouldn’t find much anyway. Rolling her eyes to the ceiling she let out a huff and waited for the boy to correct himself impatiently. “Go on and try again now.”

Theia made a waving motion with her wave, gaze returning to the boy. Maybe the boy was younger than he looked, would explain why he has no manners, she thought with a half grin. As quick as her ire had come it was fading down, the boy was just being foolish. Even now she could feel the steady thrum of life pushing beneath her skin, pushing up and making her visible like all things.
Theia
Ignorance is Bliss

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on February 12th, 2013, 1:25 pm

„You look just like a ghost“, Lucas replied. „So I apologize for calling you one. But if you aren’t a ghost, what are you then? Have you been cursed? Did the djed storm mutate you? Do you belong to a new human subrace?“ He looked very excited as he asked this. He had wanted to find the library ghost, but discovering some new kind of human would be even better! They would probably make him a professor for that and give him a lot of money!

„If you are cold, you should put a warm coat on“, he remarked and glanced at her clothes. They weren’t suitable for the season.

As she told him to introduce himself properly, he glared at her. „You are not my mother“, he complained, but he did what she said nevertheless because he wanted to find out what exactly she was. He took a step back, and then he bowed to her as if she were a noble lady and not some strange kind of half transparent girl.

„Good day“, he said very politely. He suddenly sounded like an adult rather than a young man who refused to grow up and was intentionally immature. He was still smiling mischieviously though. „My name is Lucas, and I’m honored to meet you. Would you be willing to give me the pleasure of your name, my lady?“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Theia on February 15th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Theia actually gaped for a moment, listening to the mile a chime questions rolling off the boys tongue before letting out a laugh. Within seconds she was doubled over, hand flapping for something to hold onto. Any ire directed at the boy was gone because he was either some kind of idiot or jokester but there was the urge to tease him. Straightening herself she shook head warily, “You’re the first to be so blunt about it, I’ll give you that! But it was the djed storm, caused all my problems. And now I’m like this.”

It wasn’t a lie but she didn’t need to elaborate on her problems but the faint smile staining her lips might give her away if one paid enough attention. Theia cold only snort at the boy’s comment about the cold, she had been obviously lying so there was no point in taking it back or correcting him.

And she was about to scold him again, her hand raised for emphasis but the words died in her throat as he reintroduced himself. She smirked at bit, the kid was a right smart ass. Crossing her legs, Theia preformed a swift curtsey and spoke her tone being a mocking tease.

“My name is Theia, good Ser Lucas but I assure you the pleasure and honor is all mine and if you would so kindly tell me what is your fascination such odd topics.”

Straightening she gave Lucas a grin. He was entertaining to put it mildly; he was like a child in semi-adults body. Momentarily she was pulled away from any other concerns and focused solely on this odd boy.
Theia
Ignorance is Bliss

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lucas Arias on February 28th, 2013, 8:23 pm

„So you really are a mutant!“ Lucas exclaimed as Theia confirmed that, yes, the djed storm was responsible for her current state. A little less loudly he wondered, „Did you ever talk to any of the scientists at the university about yor problem? I’m sure somebody can make you normal again. There’s probably also some kind of magic that can make you … well … not look like a ghost anymore.“

„Well met, Theia“,
he replied as she introduced herself. „Which odd topics do you mean? The library ghost? The djed storm? Your problem? I don’t find them odd. I find them fascinating. I consider myself a somewhat unusual kind of researcher, an adventurer. My aim is to solve all the mysteries of Zeltiva!“

He gave her a brilliant smile.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes