New City Idea?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

New City Idea?

Postby Yankotsu on January 22nd, 2013, 4:48 pm

Hello Mizaharians, I know I am new here and have yet to make myself known, but I couldnt sleep last night and came up with an idea for a new city. I noticed every town but one in Sylira is along the ocean, and the one that is not is next to a giant lake. My idea was for a town in the middle of the land, built around a single wide river.

The town started with the people hiding from the Valterrian came up to the surface, the ones that were in the central are of the contenent banned together and formed a foundation. That foundation became home to other wonderers who had no home, or simply could not travel any further in the wilderness. For their survival they built a giant wall around their settlement, with an entrance at each four directional point. Farms quickly popped up for survival, and inns for travelers to stay at. After so long of growing so quickly, weather due to birthrate or wandering travelers simply choosing to make it a home, the walls became a burden. Becasue they could not remove the farms as they were the source of sustaining life, nor could they rick building too high of buildings with their resources, they took the ground. Digging tunnels and widdenign out hollow canions underground the people made a enw home for themselves inside the earth. One day upon expanding they came across an underground watter pocket, which they used as the primary water source for thsoe underground.

Due to the new living arrangrements this new town became famous for it's minners and resources collected underground. And because it was such a harsh cramped place at first, the people grew used to having to work together. No matter how big the town may of blossomed into, they people are very kind to their neighbors, and live in a pieceful life. The life ontop was now mostly for the rich, the farmers, and those tending to the travelers and passing-bys. They key aspect o keepign this town going was that everyone worked, and worked hard. Minners risk their lifes every day out trying to expand their lands as well as collecting resources to make money for their families, and even the bakers took on the responsibilities so that while they have an oven running, might as well turn up the heat and run a smithingshop as well, keeping the minners not only fed, but well stocked on supplies.

Life underground however is not an easy one. Everysay they fear a cave in, or perhaps a Dire Mole would stumble upon their home, for those around would lose their houses, and many could be killed befor the guards could take it out. Also with so much dirt and grim floating about int he air all the time sickness and infections are common, causing many simple wounds to cause serious illness. For that reason the hospitals all located above the surface, which many might not make it to in time sense it is such a long commute.

The guards are an organised group made for keeping the peace. The law however is a totally different story. Because This city is made of anyone who wishes to join, many people for different opinions asa to what is "right" or "wrong" and for that reason the law is very relaxed on many things. As long as one does not physically harm another for no reason, or to much, the only other law is no thievery. Even with that law however fights are a very common thing. Everything from a dunken friendly fist fight, to a duel over personal matters, just seem to happen as they see fit, and the guards simply sit back adn watch, maybe even bet the ocasional winner, unless it gets out of hand. The city overal is founded on pne philosofy: 'No being is perfect, and everyone ahs their mistakes. So leave that mistake in the past, and accept people for who theya re today.' That philosofy has made the town rather all favored with otehr politics, becasue it is not uncommon for a runaway to coem to this town and they not let in other guards depending ont he accused crime, stating that they simply never arrived.

I have no nae for this town yet, nor any farther in depth ideals. As I said it was an idea that came to me last night when I could not sleep and I thought it to be a good one. This idea is open to everyone for comments or concerns. Please give any and all feedback I'd life to hear it ^.^

- Yankotsu Akatsumi.
^Character Sheet^
Yankotsu
Player

Words: 23696
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 12:53 pm
Race: Human
Storyteller secrets

New City Idea?

Postby Yankotsu on January 24th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Few more ideas are...

Mages are hired by the city to enforce the structures of the walls inside the underground city.

The main export of the city is raw iron ores, gems found, and any other materials needed.

The city is famous around for the rare materials found.
^Character Sheet^
Yankotsu
Player

Storyteller secrets

New City Idea?

Postby Yankotsu on January 31st, 2013, 2:48 pm

OOCThread still open to ideas.

The community is run by a counsel made up of ten people. Each the descendant of the founder ten. Runs as a combination of monarchy and democracy, but should the ideals ever be split 50/50 a vote of the people is arranged. It is the duty of the counsel to teach their children the way to run the place; politics, charisma, tradition, and right from wrong. The counsel decides the laws of the land, which tradition leaves to be very minimal.
^Character Sheet^
Yankotsu
Player

Storyteller secrets

New City Idea?

Postby Gossamer on January 31st, 2013, 6:26 pm

At this time (and in the foreseeable distant future) we will NOT be accepting any city ideas produced by players.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)