Solo Learning to Crawl Before You Can Walk [The Storm Shrine]

Having joined the Martial Association, Ayatah meets her trainer for the first time

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Learning to Crawl Before You Can Walk [The Storm Shrine]

Postby Ayatah on January 30th, 2013, 8:14 pm

|| 42nd Winter, 512AV || The Storm Shrine, Zeltiva

”Tell me, Myrian. What do you think you will learn from me?”

The question made Ayatah throw an almost disapproving look to the man next to her. What does he expect?

”I hope to further my skills in daggerwork - like we agreed.” Her dark eyes flitted back to ahead of them. She had met the older man, who had volunteered to become her trainer for the Martial Assocation, in the World’s End Grotto. The greeting had been brief and he had introduced himself as Nuvro.

Their names had been all the information that the two had shared, but Nuvro had quickly made it clear that he wished to learn more about his latest student.

”And the dagger is a strange weapon for a Myrian, am I right in thinking? At least, not without a handaxe or sword to accompany it.”

He was not entirely wrong. Ayatah had always lacked the core strength of a pureblooded Myrian. But she was damn fast, and the small blades of a double-bladed dagger made the most of her speed without requiring too much strength. ”I am half Eypharian,” her eyes remained trained on what was ahead of her, even when Nuvro’s eyes shot her a strange sideways glance, ”so I make the most of my speed and agility.”

The man nodded,
”and you also want to learn about unarmed fighting?” His arms swung to and fro in comically large arcs as he walked. It was made funnier by his short hight and broad shoulders.

”Yes.” She nodded, ”In the jungle, I’d never leave my home without a weapon. But here… I get stared at enough without being fully armed. But I don’t want to be defenceless." She had prided herself for not falling victim to any crime (as of yet) in East Street, nor being intimidated by the muggers and cutpurses that inhabited that area. But Ayatah was not stupid, even if a little too proud. She knew that without the proper training, she would be practically helpless should anyone attack her and she had no weapons.

And it was not particularly Myrian-like to be helpless.

"Tell me about yourself," she said quickly. Nuvro had opened his mouth to speak - probably to ask yet another question, but Ayatah wanted to learn about him as much as he seemed to want to know about her.

”Well.. let’s see…” Nuvro blew air out from behind his teeth, clicking his tongue as he considered what to tell the woman next to him. ”I have lived in Zeltiva for the past ten years. But I’ve also lived in Syliras, Sunberth and Nyka in my forty-five years of living. It was Sunberth where I learnt most of what I know about dagger work.” He shot Ayatah another sideways glance, ”it… is easy for a person to learn such things in such a place.”

Ayatah had heard of the lawless city, where mobs and gangs ruled the roost and it was easy for a man or woman to fall into crime. In all honesty, it didn’t seem so bad to Ayatah. She had considered whether a Myrian-Eypharian would be more accepted in a city that rejected rules.

”Were you… a… criminal in Sunberth?”

The short man seemed surprised about her bluntness, but a little wry smile crossed his face.
”You could say that, yes. I was a young man, and I needed money. I was skilled in fighting and was willing to swap my knowledge for others’ skills. Some of the things I learnt would not be… tolerated in many other places.”

”I could say the same.”

That made Nuvro laugh heartily, and even Ayatah chuckled to herself. She had learnt, albeit with difficulty, to laugh in the face of the animosity she received in Zeltiva. Some things are not worth pouting over…

”So tell me, Ayatah of the Scattered Bones, why did you come to Zeltiva? I have not met many Myrians on my travels.”

It was a simple question, but it made Ayatah frown. She had been asked it plenty of times; her mother, her friends, the ship crew that had bought her here, fellow students… All had asked - and not unpleasantly - what exactly a Myrian (or half-) was doing in the port city of Zeltiva. If she was completely honest with herself, even Ayatah did not know what exactly had made her choose Zeltiva - but she did know the two main reasons that had made her leave the jungle.

”I wanted to learn more about my Father’s people.” she started. Shrugging her shoulders at the simplicity of her own answer, ”it… is hard to learn about the Eypharian race in Taloba. We learn of our enemies’ weaknesses, not what type of people they are or their language. I knew Zeltiva had a university, so I think that’s why I chose here in particular, but I don’t plan on living here forever. The second reason…” now it was her turn to shoot her company a sneaky sideward glance, ”is that I think I can serve my Goddess-Queen better having lived outside of the Jungle. I can learn of our enemies from the inside, and with different sources of information than can be reached in Taloba.”

Her words hung in the air for a few moments, whilst Nuvro chewed over what she had said, and Ayatah wondered whether she had shared too much. Eventually, the man tilted is head sideways, as if he had come to a conclusion.
”You left the jungle because you could only learn about how to kill your Father’s race, and you wanted to know more about them. But -- you also left so you could… learn how to kill other races more efficiently?” he caught sight of the fury that flashed across Ayatah’s face, and he held both hands up quickly, ”I meant no offence. I just like to know what drives my students have.”

”I understand. I guess my reasons for leaving home are so… personal than nobody else but myself and my Goddess-Queen can understand them.”

The two of them had reached the Storm Shrine a while ago, but conversation had flooded into their training times. Ayatah paused to circle around the oddly shaped structure, and noticed how a few candles - all of which had long been extinguished by the wind up here - had been laid at the foot of it. There were no visitors, now, although an elderly frail priest smiled and waved to them as he read a book a few feet away. He must have rocks in his pockets, Ayatah mused, else the wind would carry him away and out to sea.

When she had completed a full circle of the shrine, Nuvro had stripped himself of his fancy (and ridiculous-looking) cape. Ayatah mirrored him by removing the outer layers of her own clothes, so she stood in just her Myrian leatherwear. The trainer had bought with him two wooden daggers, and when he passed one to Ayatah, she was impressed with how well they were made. The twin blades upon the central hilt were almost as narrow as her own double-bladed dagger. When she pressed her finger on the tip of the blade, it almost hurt.

”Now, Myrian,” Nuvro said as he undid the top two buttons of his white shirt, ”let’s see what you learnt in the jungle.”

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Last edited by Ayatah on February 1st, 2013, 3:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on January 31st, 2013, 11:09 am

Nuvro might be short and stout, but he attacked Ayatah ferociously and with fury. The energy in the older man had surprised her, and by the time she gathered her thoughts, Nuvro had already struck her several times with the flat of his blades.

She leapt into action, spinning to one side to avoid a swipe of his dagger. Usually, her quick doges were enough -- but with Nuvro.

The man was dexterous with both hands, and perfectly in tune with his own body. He threw the dagger from his right to his left, catching it and stabbing Ayatah painfully in the side before she had even steadied herself from avoiding his previous swing.

”Simply stepping or spinning to the side is not enough.” The man straightened himself, and showed Ayatah once again how easily he could swap the dagger to either hand. ”If your enemy has any skill and ability to move his weapon around his body, he’ll be able to hit you regardless. It’s also important that you can move your dagger to either hand, as well.”

Ayatah had used her dagger with both hands before, but she was more dominant with her right, and whenever she had faced an enemy in combat, it had always been this hand that she had used. And she had never tried to move her dagger between her right and left, and back again, whilst facing a foe.

Nuvro chuckled at her surprised expression.
”I can see juggling is not a skill Myrian’s appreciate.”

Ayatah wrinkled her nose, juggling? Like… throwing balls in the air?” Her head tilted to one side, ”we use things whilst dancing, like hoops and torches.”

Nuvro shook his head, unimpressed.
”Those things are big, so I imagine that most time you use both hands to throw or catch them,” he paused to allow Ayatah to nod her head in begrudging agreement, ”but daggers are smaller. Not to mention that if you risk stabbing your own hand whilst trying to catch it. Especially with double-bladed daggers.”

He held up the wooden dagger in his hand, twisting his wrist to show Ayatah the narrow hilt between the two blades. It would certainly be difficult to successfully throw the dagger from one hand to the other, let alone catch it only by the hilt, without touching either blades.

”I’ve… never tried that before.”

”I can imagine.” Nuvro dipped down into the satchel he had carried on his shoulder to the shine. Chimes later, he stood back up, this time armed with two leather-skinned balls.

Ayatah rolled her eyes, ”I am here to learn how to fight, not to do circus tricks.”

Her trainer smiled ruefully, and balanced one ball on each of his palms. Satisfied that neither of the colourful balls weighed any more or less than the other, he threw one to Ayatah.

She caught it, but dropped her practice dagger in the process. When she heard stifled laughter, she sent Nuvro a darkened glare.

[/color]
”Do not glare me, my dear. This may seem stupid, but sometimes other skills - like juggling, or dancing, or even doing handstands - will help us in battle.”

Yet again, he had a point, and Ayatah frowned stubbornly. Her mother had always told her that combat was dancing ‘with an edge’. As a girl, she had loved fire dancing, and practised it religiously almost every night. When it came to her learning face-to-face combat with a wooden dagger not unlike the one she had just dropped, Ayatah had found that the twirls, leaps and spins she had practised whilst dancing had indeed come in handy.

The male clapped his hands together, then picked up the practise dagger Ayatah had dropped and waved it in her face.
”Now, before you move onto this, you need to learn how to juggle with these.” And he slid the other juggling ball into Ayatah’s hands. They were surprisingly weighty; obviously filled with sand, or…. Something.

”This will help you with hand-hand and hand-eye coordination. It is important you know exactly where both of your hands are in battle, as well as where you are looking and where your feet are.”

And without even taking his blue eyes off her face, Nuvro threw the two daggers in the air, crossed his wrists, and caught them in the opposite hand with which he had just thrown them. Ayatah could not help but he surprised -- and incredibly impressed. Perhaps he was part of the circus as a young boy…

”Obviously, you will only be learning how to throw and catch one dagger, but perhaps one day you will learn how to battle with two. Like your ancestors.” When Ayatah shook her head and prepared herself to correct him and say that Myrians were not especially known for dual-wieldings, the man smiled and tapped the side of his head, ”your other ancestors. Of the multi-armed variety.”

Last edited by Ayatah on February 1st, 2013, 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on February 1st, 2013, 11:45 am

That made Ayatah snap her mouth shut. Despite the fact that she did have an Eypharian father, she ha never particularly considered that there was a lineage to that side of her family. She had always imagined, a little childishly and ignorantly, that her father had been spawned out of the desert, with no father, mother, siblings or - Ayatah swallowed at the mere thought - children of his own. She wondered if his relatives, however many there were, knew that their precious son, brother, cousin, husband and…. Father, knew that he had had a child with a Myrian woman.

Then she wondered if her own father knew of her existence, and realised that -- no, most likely not. To hear how her mother told the story, after Paira of the Scattered Bones and the unnamed Eypharian man had mated and conceived their daughter, they went their separate ways. Ayatah’s mother would probably not have known that she was pregnant until at least a couple of weeks later. At which point, the father of her child could have been miles away.

Shuffling her feet, Ayatah nodded and said, "I am ready... to juggle." Although she did not not know exactly what to do next.

Nuvro smiled and also nodded, "I want you to throw each ball in the air, at the same time. And catch it with your other hand.” The task sounded easy enough, and Ayatah flicked her wrists upwards, releasing both balls from her clutches. And--

…One ball hit her in the chin, and the other ball flew backwards, landing about two feet away from her.

This time, Nuvro did not even try to hide his laughter. Instead, he chortled right in front of Ayatah as she rubbed her chin and cradled her pride.
”Hard, isn’t it? You need to unite both of your hands, so they do the same thing at the same time.”

Ayatah grunted, and collected the two leather balls. She tried again, but after the previous painful collision of ball and jaw, her eyes closed instinctively, and she winced in preparation for more embarrassing pain. By the time her eyelids flitted open, Nuvro was shaking his head, a completely entertained smile on his lips.

”You should probably keep your eyes open, too.”

”Yes… It might help.” Ayatah said slowly.

‘Third time lucky’ is the saying. And for Ayatah, the words were true. She managed to throw and catch the balls each in opposite hands, and as they crossed mid-air in front of her, Nuvro caught the faintest traces of a satisfied smirk on her face.

Her satisfaction was short lived, however. He asked Ayatah to try again. And again. And again. After an entire bell had past, and Ayatah had done nothing more but juggle, she finally turned to Nuvro with a raised eyebrow.

”So I can throw a ball in the air and catch it. Can we move on from this, please?”

The man nodded slowly and said,
”If you insist, my Myrian friend.”

Ayatah swapped her juggling balls for her dagger, and was relieved when the wooden hilt was placed into her hand once again.

”I want you to try and stab me. And I’ll try to dodge your attacks.” The man half-bowed to Ayatah, who positioned herself sideways to him, double-bladed dagger in her right and front-facing hand.

After the two of them nodded to each other, and the game began.

Ayatah swung her dagger low and horizontally to the left, holding it in a reverse grip so her pinkie finger led the swipe. Nuvro stepped backwards and further leftwards, completely unfazed.

She shifted her position, bringing her left leg forwards so she was facing him square on. After retracting her arm back towards herself, Ayatah jabbed it forwards as fast as possible, aiming for the soft skin of Nuvro’s stomach.

But he grabbed at her wrist, his hand snapping outwards like a snake attacking its prey. His grip was firm, but so painfully so. She instinctively tried to twist her hand out of his, but all her struggling achieved was a bemused smile on his face.

”Have you already forgotten what you’ve learnt?” He asked, as his eyebrows raised sceptically.

No Ayatah answered indignantly in her own mind. But truly, she had not even thought about swapping the dagger from her entrapped hand. In Taloba, she had been taught to punch and kick her way free from an enemy’s clutches, not to simply move her weapon around her body.

Her hand had been limp in Nuvro’s clutches before, but now she flicked her wrist to the side, releasing the grip from her dagger and bringing her left had up to try and catch it.

She missed completely, and her dagger landed on the floor beside her foot with a thud. Nuvro released her wrist, and nodded to the dagger. Ayatah picked it up, feeling completely sorry for herself.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on February 1st, 2013, 3:47 pm

"Not bad,” her trainer said.

Ayatah looked at him incredulously. Is he mocking me? The tilted of her head seemed to ask the question, and Nuvro smiled tightly.

”You have too high expectations of yourself. Baby steps. You are throwing in a new tactic into your combat - you won’t be good straight away.”

Once again, annoyingly, the man was right. Ayatah swallowed her pride and nodded modestly, ”you are right.” She admitted, ”I guess… I am used to what I am used to.”

”You’re used to Myrian-style fighting… which is by no means a bad thing,” the latter part of his sentence was added quickly and reverently, ”but you joined the Martial Association to further your learning, yes?”

Learning was not entirely the reason Ayatah had joined. She wanted to practise, yes, but had not expected to be taught entirely new skills and tactics. But it could only be a good thing, right?

I left Taloba to serve my Goddess-Queen. Learning new things and taking them back home will give my people a new advantage over our enemies.

Whilst Ayatah was deep in thought, Nuvro was watching her face closely. A look close to concern was on his face. His next words were spoken slowly and carefully - he did not want to anger the woman in front of him:

”I mean things with the greatest respect,” he licked his lips, ”but… Should I be concerned about what you will do with what I teach you?”

The words were as diplomatic as possible, and Ayatah guessed that his concern was possibly more of a moral thing than a personal one. Her being Myrian did not seem to disconcert Nuvro himself, but her people were known for their viciousness and even cannibalism. That was all completely acceptable to Ayatah, but she knew that to the people outside of the Jungle, the Myrian lifestyle was disgusting, immoral and wrong.

But Nuvro had admitted that he had taken part in criminal activities, which could be simple pick pocketing or murders and rapes. She did not judge his past, or how he had used his own weapon skills. So why should he be so worried about hers?

”I am not going to use what you teach me against you, or anyone close to you… Unless they harm me first. My people only senselessly kill those that have wronged us or our Goddess.”

There abouts, anyway... The words were not strictly true of the Myrian race, but it matched Ayatah's own behaviour and beliefs. Since moving out of the jungle, she had had to set aside the Myrian-like fury that throbbed within her (even if this furiousness was already more subdued within herself than her relatives).

Nuvro frowned as he listened, his eyes averting Ayatah’s own. He’s deciding whether or not he can trust me… she realised sadly. Then her sorrow changed to anger, and she opened her mouth to further argue her point, when he held up his hand and spoke:

”I'll carry on our lesson. I cannot truly question your motives, not when I have done debatable things myself. But I ask you, as I do everyone who knows how to hold a weapon, to think before you stab. It takes chimes to end a life, but years to deal with it.”

Ayatah had killed before, both as a group during her service in the Taloban Army, and also on her own. She had seen the light of life dim in the eyes of another person before after her dagger had been buried into their neck or heart. But she had seen them as nothing more than an enemy - a pest that needed to be extinguished to make her Jungle home pure and clean once again. Out here, it would be different to a kill someone, she thought, but I would still do it.

Student and teacher nodded to each other once again, and their lesson continued.

Last edited by Ayatah on February 2nd, 2013, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on February 1st, 2013, 9:52 pm

This time, Nuvro seemed to dampen his speed and accuracy to level with Ayatah’s - which she probably should have appreciated, but instead, the young woman found herself insulted.

I will teach him to let me win

She swung her dagger low, half-crouching to aim for her trainer’s legs. With a fast and curving swipe, she met the point of her dagger blade with the back of his knee. As Nuvro buckled and almost fell, Ayatah straightened herself up.

…Only to have something knock her legs right from under her. She clutched her dagger to her chest as the ground seemed to jump up to meet her.

Ayatah had fallen plenty of times as a child - those long legs and arms had been particularly hard to coordinate when she had first begun training. After suffering more than her fair share cuts and scrapes, she had learnt a few simple ways to save her body - and ego - from bruises. She tucked her chin down to her chest, her head tilted to one side slightly. Bringing the opposite shoulder forwards a little, Ayatah leaned into her fall, allowing herself to completely tumble downwards and onto the middle of her shoulders, where they met her now curved spine.

The end result was Ayatah doing something similar to a forwards roll... Though slightly less graceful, she had to admit. Still, she was mainly unscathed, and had even impressed Nuvro.

”Good!” He clapped his hands together, ”we will have to practise some acrobatics, I feel. But good! You didn’t just fall flat.”

”I have learnt several times over that falling like a corpse is not helpful.

Nuvro laughed,
”This is true, this is true.” He said with mirth.

Their sparring continued after that.

Nuvro seemed to merge several battle styles together - which made it frustratingly difficult to guess what he would do next. In one moment, he would circle Ayatah in a very familiar Myrian-like manner. Other times, he would suddenly fall back, before she had even struck him. All the while he bobbed and weaved, he was swapping his dagger from his left to right hand, and back again. It unnerved Ayatah, until…

Just as the dagger jumped from his right hand, Ayatah snatched her own hand forwards, not trying to grab the dagger, but knocking it out of his left hand’s grasp.

It worked; his dagger fell to the floor.

But Nuvro did not seem to even notice, and his arms started swiping manically. For every attempted slash that Ayatah tried to deliver with her double-bladed dagger, his arms would block easily and swat her hand away as if it was nothing more than an annoying insect.

A growl emitted from Ayatah’s throat. She had gotten out of practise with sparring; perhaps she had even slowed a little. And that annoyed her.

She knew that feelings of rage or frustration could be a hindrance in sparring as much as it could help: Focus your annoyance onto him.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on February 2nd, 2013, 6:39 pm

”Let us begin once more.”

They circled each other slowly, Ayatah holding herself in a slightly angled sideways position. Her dagger was held in her right hand - but her left hand twitched at the ready.

Nuvro stepped forward, bringing his dagger in a quick sideways swipe, aiming for Ayatah’s hip.

She stepped aside, but collided her forearm with his wrist, knocking his jab off course.

That’s more like it...

He repositioned himself swiftly, but by then, Ayatah had bought her dagger upwards and met its front-facing point with the middle of his ribs. It was not a powerful strike, but had her dagger been a real one, it may have poked a hole in his heart.

”Good! The Myrian has some life in her after all!”

The words washed over Ayatah; she barely even heard them. Her mind was completely focused on what was happening in the there and now; how Nuvro shuffled his feet to and fro, with his arms guarded upwards to protect his face. This left his torso and legs unprotected, but Ayatah did not doubt his ability to protect himself.

The man leapt forwards, bringing his dagger in a downward and dramatic swing. The force and speed in which he had jumped at her meant that Ayatah would not be able block him. But she could dodge - or at least try to. So she spun sideways, using a move that she also attributed to her fire dancing.

Something snatched at her elbow, stopping her in mid-twist. Her body came to a snapping stop, and she winced at the twinge in her back that came with it. I’ll feel that tomorrow…

His had grabbed her right elbow - but she swapped her dagger to her left almost without thinking. His eyebrows twitched upwards just a little, impressed with her quick learning.

As Ayatah saw her trainer swing arch his dagger towards her, she stepped backwards, yanking his hand that still held onto her elbow along with her. He released her arm from his grip -- but she was already clutching onto his wrist. She would not let him escape so easily.

Not only did she manage to avoid his swipe, but she also dragged his arm behind his own back. In this position, he was close to helpless.

”I can see why your people are feared.” Nuvro said, and from how his words were shaped, Ayatah guessed that he was grinning.

She released him from her hold, and the older man rolled his shoulders in their joints, cracked his neck.

”Am I tiring you already?” There was a glint in Ayatah’s eyes that had not been there since she left the jungle. It was the savage Myrian instinct to kill and hunt. It had been too long for her since she last battled something.

And too long since she had killed.

But this need would have to wait a little longer. She could not mindlessly kill in Zeltiva just to satiate her Myrian instinct. This place is not my home. It was a familiar thought; one that had racked through Ayatah’s mind since she first arrived at the city. She would not stay here for long - that much was certain.

”Again?”

”Again.”

The two wasted no time to restart their sparring.

Nuvro came forward, slower this time, but Ayatah was not fooled. She had seen how fast her trainer’s hand could be, and the easy smile that he wore was nothing more than arrogance.

Both of them bought their double-bladed daggers forwards, as if they were mirror images of each other. But Nuvro slipped his arm sideways, knocking Ayatah’s away from him, but keeping his own blade on course. It punched painfully into Ayatah’s stomach, and at once she winced.

Breathe through the pain. Breathe through the pain.

But it was difficult, and Ayatah blew out air from her cheeks as a hand went to her stomach. Her fingers stroked over the skin, touching the rough three lines that ran across from ribs to her hipbone. An old wound, she told herself, A hit to the stomach will not reopen it -- but still, old an paranoia dies hard.

”Tiring already?” The derision in his voice snapped Ayatah’s attention back to the battle at hand.

”No.” A sudden rush forward accompanied her words, and she collided her shoulder with the centre of Nuvro’s chest. He staggered back a little, but his stockiness and her slightness meant that her shove was… not hugely influential.

Still, it had bought her time. Turning around so her back was to him, Ayatah sent her dagger backwards, meeting it with his navel. She jabbed her other elbow backwards as well, but it hit a thick rib, and they both yelped out in pain.

Neither was sure which was hurting the most, but Ayatah cradled her left arm delicately, and Nuvro was rubbing the left his chest.

”I think… that is enough. For today.” He said through heavy breaths.

”I agree.” She nodded, ”thank you.”

The older man smiled, and then winced as he inhaled deeply,
”you’re welcome. We will train again in a few days. Providing you haven’t cracked a rib.”

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on February 10th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
+5 Weapon: Double-Bladed Dagger
+5 Dual Wielding
+1 Acrobatics

Lores
Nuvro the Martial Association Trainer
Nuvro's Background
Juggling to Train Dual Wielding
Nuvro's Tenuous Trust
Nuvro's Advice: "It takes chimes to end a life, but years to deal with it."

Comments
I like this thread, I really do. The first thing that caught my eye was the neat formatting that is really good on the eyes. The font, the color and the background/postbox all fits really well. Next, the characterization was really good and I love your portrayal of Nuvro (if you wish to develop him into a Zeltivan NPC I'll be more than happy to give you my support). The training was well done with a realistic portrayal of Ayatah's skills with a generous dose of witty banter and character development in between. In other words, this is how a training thread should be. Thank you for this read :)

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes