PM to join A long journey for the next job (Quiarinox)

At the rumor of some fruitful work, Durvekral travels to Lhavit for his next assignment.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A long journey for the next job (Quiarinox)

Postby Durvekral Wormwood on February 7th, 2013, 1:29 am

87th of Winter 512AV

Durvekral sat in a back corner of The Scholar's Demise. It was night and he had been here since late afternoon but he wasn't here to enjoy the bar's transition into its night-time configuration. Despite the bar's personality and popularity, he wasn't here for any of the typical reasons that draw a person to the bar.

The table was not covered in empty mugs of once-cold ale. He had one single glass of Sauvignon Blanc which he had been nursing for nearly two hours. The seats were not filled with loud, raucous friends. Durvekral sat alone. Despite the fact that he was in a bar, he was here for work, not for pleasure.

He didn't look uncomfortable as he sat alone in this otherwise jovial setting. Well, he didn't look like he was particularly disturbed by his solitude. However, he only looked as casual as he naturally could and even this degree of composure was still pretty awkward.

He didn't know who he was waiting for, just that he was waiting for a woman and he would know when she arrived. Cryptic, yes, but Durvekral really had no other options. Everything seemed well organized so he assumed this was a pretty safe bet for employment. He had seen some sloppier organizations and had been burned before. However, he had only been attracted to Lhavit, from his home in Alvadas, by the appearance of a well-planned assassination plot.

For now, he could do nothing but wait. He took a sip of the wine, which he actually did enjoy, but stopped himself from imbibing too much. He didn't want his judgment clouded when he met this stranger (and possible assassin.)
Durvekral Wormwood
Paranoia is a powerful weapon

Words: 77795
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2012, 1:26 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Quiarinox on February 25th, 2013, 4:43 am

"It certainly does look odd, sitting by yourself and sipping the same drink you've had on your table the past bell. Do you just like sitting there so lonely, or is it just an excuse to get people interested in talking to you?" The Ethaefal spoke aloud as she came around the table from behind the Symenestra that had been there for longer than she had been in the building, approaching a vacant chair without invitation. There were no names written on these pieces of wood, she would excersise her freedom as much as she wanted even if it meant pissing off a Widow.

Quiarinox was disdainful of even getting this close to the insipid creature. She wrinkled her nose in disgust at the color of his eyes against the pallor of his skin and the unequal proportions of his limbs when he took a drink. Non-humans disgusted her, but she dealt with it for she must. Lhavit had bred an amiable sense of equality in its residents and if she openly discriminated against a Widow she wouldn't be so welcome, even if some of the citizens might agree with what she would say.

She smiled down at the creature, something sweet and bitter and unwelcoming to let him know that she didn't share any of her peers's thoughts on equality between the many races present.

Typically, Quiarinox avoided taverns and bars. They didn't appeal to her. The people inside were even less appealing. However, she had come today to meet somebody, she suspected it was this Widow. How word had managed to reach whatever distant web he lurked in was unknown to her, but when word came back it brought surprise. She didn't give her name. Training with the Black Sun had long ago kicked out any notion of trust with these unsavoury people. If you wanted to stay alive, you used an alias. She gave a fake name when she sent out summons, using one unrelated to her real name. Ailaena. Something suitable for a Moonborn. It was the name of the blue star in the heart of the Pyxis constellation far to the south.

"I suppose you'd like to believe you're waiting for someone who might not be coming. But don't worry, I'll keep you company. Who was supposed to be your guest?"
Quiarinox
basilisk's glare.

Words: 67285
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Durvekral Wormwood on February 26th, 2013, 3:12 am

"Actually," Durvekral stared at her with a dry, uninviting stare. "If I find myself attracted to a tavern for the drink, I try to stay out of sight and in some unnoticed corner of the bar. He nodded his head to point his nose downward before taking another sip of his wine. "Otherwise, I tend to find that pests come wandering up to your table and steal away a seat to jabber on about nonsense."

He recognized her judging, belittling, stereotyping, stare. It may have only been through psychological projection that he recognized her disgust. Perhaps he had recognized her expression like mirror of his own. Either way, he quickly understood that they had one thing in common and this was a general sense of distrust. They mutually shared the opinion that talking to each other was a tiresome chore.

Durvekral just wanted to get down to business. He had traveled quite far form his home in Alvadas. He'd come a long way for this job and was not thrilled about the prospect of being talked down to by an azo for his troubles.

Despite his suspicions that this was probably the person whom he was looking for, Durvekral did not yet feel like he had any reason to trust the human. Afterall, maybe this was no job at all. Maybe this whole thing had been one big elaborate scheme to eliminate him. He spoke sharply in pointed yet direct riddles, all the meanwhile maintaining his arrogant slant of insult and smarm.

"It would appear that a group of fools have set me up on a blind date." He wore a smile too, although not bitter and condescending, this one was sarcastic and confident. It was his guarantee that this woman might know that he was talking in codes and being sardonic, not actually speaking of romance and courtship."But the whole plan seems to be a mess, the hussy couldn't even manage to get here on time."
Durvekral Wormwood
Paranoia is a powerful weapon

Words: 77795
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2012, 1:26 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Quiarinox on April 25th, 2013, 5:08 am

"Oh, play nice now." Quiarinox smiled haughtily at his words of courtesy and greeting. His tongue was barbed as well. Interesting. "You could at least pretend I'm your companion for the night and not brush me off."

She had put in the order and would not care for being insulted by somebody who was supposed to do work for her. "Come now, what is your name? I go by Ailaena in these parts. Surely your name is as pretty as your face?" She was really lacing in the venomous spite, driving it past her lips with sharp barbs meant to prick his shield of pride. "Unfortunate creature, I bet your friends didn't even tell you the name of the woman you are supposed to meet. Isn't that a saddening prospect? I hope she knows your name, at least. Otherwise, she is likely to find a man much more... attractive than you."

She examined her left hand delicately, picking at an imaginary spot on her nail, lips curved in a smooth smile.
Quiarinox
basilisk's glare.

Words: 67285
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 10:50 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes