Closed (Closed) Everyday temptations and future desires (Vaspira)

New roommates. Both with aspirations outside the icy city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

(Closed) Everyday temptations and future desires (Vaspira)

Postby Miria on February 16th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Winter 63, 512

We were meant to live for so much more. At least that's how Miria felt living alone in her arvinta for the past few years. This resounding idea, this resounding hope caused her to clutch desperately for a man she never had. Since late spring Miria's sorrows on her failed marriage peaked as she constantly wore a lonely blue on her eyes when she did not have any control on her emotions. Yet in some ways the djed storm opened her eyes to the true feelings she had festering deep within. Seeing herself and realizing how pathetic she became Miria from then worked to stave off her feelings of abandonment and loneliness.

As of late though, especially this winter season. Miria looked as if she was done picking up the broken pieces of her life waking up with a smile this morning. After meeting so many interesting people Miria did not feel so lonely now in their company. First a fuzzy resident grew up in her care and now another warm body was accompanying her to sleep. Granted Honey (Bunny) was not one for words as it hopped on the bed rousing the Vantha.

Beaming brightly at the amusement her new pet provided Miria grabbed at Honey before burying her face in his furry form. Miria sat upright on her bed taking in the afterglow of getting high on life. Curious how such a little critter made her feel like she was on top of the world. One would be curious what were to happen if it was a man instead of Honey. Or perhaps...

Miria looked over to where her roommate slept finding herself stare with an almost astonished expression. The stark tan skin that looked absolutely stunning, the lush long hair that ran the length of her back... and finally her face somewhat soft yet enticing somehow. Miria found herself hugging Honey tightly as she tried to make sense of her excitement.

Having a pet accompany her to bed was one thing but to be also sleeping near another person was on another level. Miria was unable to understand her reaction but nevertheless tried to hide this new development. The archer cherished Vaspira's company, needed it even. The last thing Miria wanted was to scare her newest companion away. Even though it was unbelievable odd, even though it did not make sense to her Miria wanted to stay like this as long as humanely possible.

"Vassy? Are you awake yet?" Miria called out softly. The archer reached out only to retract her hand at the slightest touch. Holding her clenched hand close Miria leaned over to see what Vaspira's condition was before continuing further. "I was wondering if you would like to accompany me and Honey for breakfast." Miria explained before lightly shaking Vaspira's shoulders.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 24th, 2013, 12:56 am

Vaspira liked the company of the woman she had met in the tavern. She was kind and strong willed at the same time. But she also had a softer side, which came out when Diana did not realize it. She slitted her eyes ever so slightly to watch the woman interact with the hare, Honey. It was such a sweet interaction, one which Vaspira adored. She closed her eyes back, laying there wondering if she should get up and interrupt the two of them, or just pretend to sleep.

Then Diana’s soft voice reached her ears, asking if she was awake yet. Vaspira was indeed awake, though she was not sure if she wanted to be or not. Then she mentioned breakfast and Vaspira shot up from the bed and looked over at her, ”Did you say something about food?” Vaspira asked, a small grin on her face. Of course she loved food, who did not like food. Shifting from one form to then next drained her, ate up the carbs she had to fuel her body. Food sounded splendid. ”I would love to join and Honey for breakfast.”

Vaspira looked over at the hair, her long canines gleaming as she smiled. Of course this would make the hare a little nervous, it was normal for smaller creatures to be nervous around a predator like Vaspira. She was actual surprised the little thing had not yet had a heartache being around her. She jumped out of bed and stretched her muscles, yawning while she did so. Then she looked over at her roommate, and scratched her head.

This is me using Hypnotism.
Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Words: 151761
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2012, 11:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 24th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Vaspira's appetite seemed to be one of the more noticeable features that Miria has seen so far. This past few weeks though seemed like a lifetime given the amount of time they had to get to know each other. Taking only the first two days to get over Vaspira's abilities Miria found herself more tolerant of learning magic. The archer learned a lot about hypnotism given her time spend with Vaspira. If only to know how to deal with it or recognize it from afar the archer also started to recognize mannerisms and similar signals associated with hypnotism. However Miria started to understand what her roommate meant when she was of limited practice. Much like their first encounter Vaspira merely was able to show Miria the power of suggestion multiple times which was the most Vaspira can muster at the moment.

Even then the field experience was invaluable to Miria and with some extra reading from the library understood more of the novice workings of the personal magic. Staring into one's self until the action proves little meaning. Perhaps it would be something she would get once she had her room to herself again. Inside Miria knew that her temporary roommate was only here for a small stay. Sooner or later dear ol' Vassy will probably leave before the snow falls heavier in spring time.

"I'll be sure to prepare us something. The usual bread and milk a decent enough of a meal for you?" Miria joked laying lazily on her side. Watching Vassy tease Honey behind her made Miria smile and give a light laugh from watching the jape. "No no. Not Honey for breakfast. I mean sit with us and eat a meal silly." The archer's eyes started glowing a happy yellow before she got out of bed and slowly prepared breakfasts. Miria shared Vaspira's enthusiasm for bread but if anything she was obsessed with peanuts. For some reason the day did not seem as fulfilling without having a light snack of peanuts.

Crouching down to offer her hare some leftover vegetables Miria then beckoned Vaspira out of the bed. Baiting her with the half loaf Miria laughed putting the bread right in front of Vaspira's mouth. Pulling it back slightly every time she made a move the archer found that was the best way to make Vaspira lead her around. "I also have some fruit and peanuts I can prepare if this will not suffice. All for you" Miria teased playfully before eating her fill.

Of course the usual mood in the atmosphere made Miria seem to glow from her excitement. It was so early in the morning and the archer seemed to enjoy herself a little too much. Beaming while she finished up Miria thoughts drifted to another Vantha who always seemed to be in high spirits. If I can be more like that. That would be amazing. Miria mused silently before attending to Honey. "Aww don't let the mean Vassy scare you. Remember that one day I left the two of you alone? Your still here right? You don't have to be scared."

Walking over back to the bed Miria played with the idea of inviting Vaspira over to snuggle. It would be amazing to have a full body honey her size! Yet Miria doubted that her roommate would take her seriously, she herself was against the idea. Instead Miria merely ruffled the pillows and fixed the sheets back to their usual setting. "Vas I am always wondering. Where did you come from? I love your company yet I know nothing about you."

Taking a seat next to Vaspira Miria took the predator's hands and looked serenely into the other's eyes. "No more studying anymore. I think I got the gist of what you can teach me Vassy. I'm more interested in you now anyways. Will you tell me why your here?" Miria offered an easy smile before breaking away. Resting her hands on her lap the archer eagerly awaited Vaspira's possibly suspenseful response. Was she an escaping fugitive? Perhaps she wanted refuge by going to the icy city? Maybe she was hunting someone? Another hypnotist perhaps? Does that even happen often? A mage hunter?
Last edited by Miria on February 26th, 2013, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on February 26th, 2013, 1:03 am

Ah, milk and bread, what she had at the tavern the first day that they met. Vaspira loved meat, just like all predators did, but she preferred the meat to be fresh, raw, and still warm with the blood flowing through its body. She loved the simple things in life. A nice loaf of bread and a cup of milk to fill the belly quickly during the winter was just the thing for her. Though the hare did look delectable, and Vaspira could not help but eye it a little, thinking about sinking her teeth in it’s warm little body. Then the Vantha woman’s words made her tear her gaze away from the prey and watched her get out of bed, preparing breakfast.

The sneaky woman used one of her weaknesses to get her out of the comfort of where she slept, a half of loaf of bread. Her stomach rumbled in response, and she of course fell for the bait and got out of bed. She made several attempts to snatch the bread out of the archer’s hands, but of course she failed. Vaspira frowned and growled playfully at that, ending the growl with a soft chuckle. ”Do not tease my stomach so!” Vaspira pouted slightly, folding her arms. Fruit and peanuts seemed to be too much for her, she preferred her bread over anything, and of course fresh meat. ”The bread will suffice my friend, thank you.” Vaspira smiled, and devoured the bread in no time. She did not have much need for manners, living in such close quarters with the woman, manners were automatically thrown out of the window.

Vaspira enjoyed the archer’s jovial mood, it seemed to lift her spirits up as well. If she ever woke in a foul mood, the archer’s happiness seemed to make it disappear. When Diana walked over to the hare, and told it not to let her get to it, she could not help but laugh a little, and growl at the hare. ”The only reason you have not been ripped to pieces is because I respect your companion and would not do anything that hurt or disrespect her. Know that prey.” Vaspira flashed her canines and looked away. She was not one to hold her true feelings back, sometimes it got her into trouble, other times it was respected, just depended on the mood of the individual.

Vaspira let out a small burp behind her hand, and stretched her arms up above her head yawning. Thoughts of what she was going to accomplish this day filled her head. She figured it was time to go visit that one person she went and saw the other day, and finish gathering the information she needed on her father, then she would soon be on her way. She needed to tell her new friend this. Vaspira would miss her a lot, but she had matters to attend to, a curiosity to feed.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her roommate come back to Vaspira, taking a seat next to her, asking where she came from, why she was here, and that she was done learning hypnotism from her. Vaspira looked at the woman with kind eyes and a warm smile, ”I have no secrets. I do not mind telling you.” Vaspira cleared her throat lacing her fingers together,”I originally came from the Suvan Sea, I made my way to the Spires after the death of my mother. In the Spires I gathered some information about my biological father from a seer. Her information led me her to the frozen city. The days I leave without your company is the days that I seek out different individuals who have been her for a good while, gathering as much information on my father as I can. I will be leaving for Syliras in a couple of days. You are welcome to come with me if you want to, company would be nice. But if you cannot it is understandable. But yeah, that is pretty much it.” Vaspira smiled and inhaled a deep breath, it was her turn for a question to be answered, ”What is your real name? You told me Diana when we first met, the slightest glimmer of a white lie flashed in your eyes, but I ignored it. Though now I must go on instincts.”

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on February 27th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Excellent! Leading in closer to hear Vaspira's story Miria could hardly contain her excitement as she listened in with curious green eyes. Vaspira was a sailor from Syliras. On a quest to find a relation that would accept her after losing her only family. Was it really necessary for her to look for her father? It pained Miria to see another so desperate to find someone that was not there when she was growing up. What if they did not care for Vaspira the same way Miria did? The Vantha's brooding mood was quickly erased by the mention of the Jamoura of the Spires. The mild smile that formed was quickly replaced with intrigue at the mention of a seer. Such a gift was very rare to come across.

“I've always wondered where you are when your not with me,” Miria mused quietly. “So soon?” The archer kept her eyes down as they spoke. She knew how forlorn she looked when receiving bad news. Vaspira's offer made Miria give a tender smile at having received a fair amount of consideration. She could not go. Not yet at least. She had no horse, she had no travel equipment. The Vantha would only slow Vaspira down and she did not want to hinder another on their mission. Vaspira probably already knew this. The archer simply opted not to speak as her gaze was kept on her lap. Ravok was near Sylira though... No. She would stay. Miria was not prepared to make a trek too far outside of Avanthal. “Thanks for the offer love. Maybe one day.”

In a turn of events Vaspira shot off her own question to Miria's surprise. Vaspira still did not know her name? Miria could not hide the smirk forming from the question. How long have they been roommates? Almost two weeks and Vaspira has not been told of Miria's real name? Unbelievable. There has been at least one or two instances of her meeting someone at the door and them using her name. Maybe she was asleep or not paying attention at the time? Nevertheless the archer could not help but continue on with this game. Perhaps Vaspira knew and was politely trying to see if she can call her by her real name? The archer will have to find out and see.

"You were told you can call me Diana. I would not lie to you. The way we first met gave me a strong impression of what might happen. I am not sure if I want to tell you my name or for you to call me by my name” Miria answered founding herself in her usual playful mood. There was a reason for Vaspira to call her Diana. Though the reasoning might be a tad convoluted. Nevertheless Miria was still playing with the idea of telling Vaspira her real name. The Coolwater merely rested back with a wide grin at Vaspira's inquiry. “Say. Can I come with you today? Help you look for your father? I don't want you to leave. Trust me I really don't. I want to understand why your leaving me. I mean us. I MEAN Avanthal!” Miria stammered pursed her lips to pout at the thought. At the very least they would leave each other on a good note. Vaspira already teaching Miria so much and Miria offering Vaspira a place to stay this little gesture would only make for a fond memory if ever they were to meet again.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on March 2nd, 2013, 6:59 am

Vaspira watched the features of the woman go from excitement of her story of her travels, and then to utter disappointment when she told her she had to be on her way once again. It broke her heart to see that expression on her pretty face. She felt so horrible for dampening her mood, she really hated it. She felt even more saddened when she rejected her offer. She supposed she could not hold on to this woman, who had become such a good friend, forever. Sometimes you had to let people go…

”I am sorry it has to be so soon. I will miss you so much though.” Her eyes misted with tears, but she quickly wiped at her eyes, banishing the tears completely. ”Just know the offer will stand no matter what, you will always be welcomed.” Vaspira gave her a small watery smile; she was going to miss this beautiful, jovial, playful woman. She really chased away the grey clouds out of her life, replacing them with a warm sunshine.

The archer looked at her with a slightly bemused look, her playful words poking the predator slightly. Vaspira pouted and gave a small growl in the back of her throat. ”Alright. I heard someone call you Miria not Diana, and I became curious is all! But you know what. From this day forth I think I will just call you Di-Di.” Vaspira nodded her head, crossing her arms over her chest. A look that said ‘so there’ crossed over her face. If she did not want to share her real name and was confused as to what she wanted Vaspira to call her, she would just give her a nickname.

Then the archer shocked her a little, she wanted to come along with her to search for information about her father. She never thought of asking her to join her in the search, because she did not think she would really be interested in such a thing. But maybe she was wrong, maybe she would be interested in a little adventure, and maybe she could be of help since she knew Avanthal so well. But what really shocked her was when she said she didn’t understand why Vaspira was leaving her. Did the archer feel that strongly towards her? This woman could really melt that ice she kept around her heart, which is why she had come to love her so. She reached over placing her hands over the archer’s hands, looking at her in the eyes, ”I don’t want to leave you Di-Di. You have become such warmth in my life, melting the coldness that I have kept inside me for so long. I care so much about you, which is why I have waited so long to tell you. It.. It is hard to leave someone you care about. You are the first person that I really have come to care for so strongly since my mother.” Once again Vaspira wanted to cry again, to wrap her arms around the archer and just cry and hold on to her in an embrace that showed how much she cared about her friend, but she did not want to be rejected, so she kept her body to herself.

Vaspira moved on to the other topic, to help keep the tears at bay, and to rid herself from the awkward pouring of her heart to the woman.”I would love for you to join me. I have been going around blind really. I am not sure where to go to ask my questions. I know my parents were here about 5 years ago, and I have my mother’s name, but not my fathers. So if I could just find out his name, I would be so satisfied. Any ideas?” Vaspira said this in a soft voice; she sniffled a little from the water-works that wanted to pour out earlier. She placed a small smile on her face.

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on March 2nd, 2013, 9:18 pm

Warm feelings welled up inside in Miria hearing Vaspira speak so familiarly with her. Embarrassed but otherwise satisfied hearing this Miria looked away sheepishly for a few ticks unable to show the sappy face she had on. "So stay." Miria muttered low. The archer's gaze was once again redirected to the floor silently chiding herself for her lack of tact.

Vassy even made a pet name for me! I mean that was as good as it got right? Miria gave a conflicted smile but nodded in agreement to Vaspira where they can get started with her dilemma. "If you already know her name the rest should be easy." Miria replied back starting up. "Vantha have good memories. We regularly make songs for those that are close and dear to us." Offering her hand to Vaspira Miria helped her roommate on her feet. "Maybe I'll share the one I make for you if we ever meet again."

"I know that if we go to every hold we will be able to find our who your dad might be." Her eyes started to refresh at the chance of having something to focus her energy on. But what to focus on? "Tell me a bit more about your mother first. I can probably guess where we should look first." Miria said leaving their arvinta. Honey watched with an unimpressed expression at the two leaving before giving the closest impression a hare can make of being surprised as Miria locked hands with Vaspira. Miria looked away trying to look casual as attempting to then lock arms with Vassy. "Something on your mind?"
oocI dunno where you wanna start but you can infer I give you basic information on the holds and surrounding area in our back and forths.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on March 5th, 2013, 9:11 pm

The words made Vaspira almost cry, but she knew she had to go. She had no comment to those words, only a small sad smile. Thankfully the topic decided to shift, making the tension leave her body.

”Yes I know my mother’s name, so I hope that’ll help a little in the search. I just need my father’s name now, and then I will be off to the next place I know he went to.” Vaspira sighed softly, keeping that sad smile on her face. She did not want to leave her friend, not even the hare that she teased about eating. She was a predator true, but she would never hurt her friend by ripping the little hare to pieces. Though that did sound delicious. Vaspira tossed her head softly from side to side, There will be plenty of time to hunt on your travels.

Vaspira cleared her throat, and continued on about her mother. ”My mother is dead now, but when she was alive she was interested in magic. She liked fighting with daggers or throwing knives, hunting of course was one of the best past times. Her name was Kara, but she never really spoke much of her past life, she I am not sure what I can tell you. Vaspira glanced down at their hands that were interlocked, then quickly switched to locking arms with one another. The Hare looked a little shocked, maybe even jealous. Vaspira flashed it her canines, in a way to say She’s mine now, hah! Diana’s words brought her out of her playful teasing of the hare as they left. There was something on her mind, a lot of somethings actually.

Vaspira cleared her throat a light blush splayed on her cheeks at the thought of expressing her feelings of friendship to the woman. She wasn’t good at all that emotion stuff, but thanks to her friend Diana she was getting a little better at it, she had started to calm the beast within, ”Well.. Yes.” Vaspira looked down at their feet as they walked, ”I do not want to leave you. You have became one of my dearest and closest friends. The thought of leaving you really hurts me. I wish we didn’t have to say good bye so soon, it makes me so petching mad.” There she let her emotions out somewhat, not all the way, but more than she normally would anyways. She hoped the woman did not think of her as weird for saying such things, but the words were true. She didn’t want to leave her; she didn’t want to leave her din-.. Honey either. They had became somewhat close by living together.

Vaspira tried changing the topic after the woman commented, ”What holds do you think my mother may have visited that may match her interests?” Vaspira looked around at their surroundings, wondering if she was traveling in her father’s footprints and her mothers, or being completely misguided by her heart.

OOCSorry it has taken so long to reply, been busy with RL -__-

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Miria on March 9th, 2013, 5:43 am

After listening to Vaspira's description the archer smiled knowing a Vantha with a similar name. The name was one letter off but like Kara she had a background of magic, even more so matched the description of a predator. But the similarities were just a coincidence, Cara lived in Avanthal most of her life and was not old enough to have a child Vassy's age quite yet. Miria's face drew an even wider smile as the two walked out of the hold arm in arm. It was felt slightly awkward for sure but Miria did not know how else to convey her feelings. This would have to work for now it seems and the archer enjoyed every second of it.

Vaspira's declaration brought a tear to the smiling vantha but it was out of happiness rather then regret. Finally! Someone who actually appreciated the Coolwater's presence. Instead of answering back with a hastily made reply Miria merely rested her head on the other's shoulder. Closing her eyes and holding Vassy tightly Miria hoped that the action would send her message across. Granted it made her sad to see her go but for some reason helping Vaspira despite her own wishes felt like the right thing to do. She did not feel the need to argue anymore with the huntress nor did Miria mind that she had taken up the less dominate role in this relationship. “Thanks for letting me know how you feel Vass.” Leaning in close Miria gave her partner a muted kiss on the cheek before returning to resting on her shoulder. “That's how I feel” The archer answered back straight faced. If Miria truly felt for someone she would show it in whatever way she can. No excuses.

“Definitely Frostfawn.” Miria looked back at Vaspira to see if she understood. Perhaps she was not introduced to how the holds work in the city. Perhaps a little lesson was in order? It did not hurt to explain. “Frostfawns are the masters of all manner of beast among us Vantha. I would not be surprised if your mother was involved with them at one point or another.” Miria's eyes dropped at the image of Frostfawn hold and all the critters particularly those of the edible variety. “Just one thing. These Frostfawn are completely committed to their beasts. Much like how I am with you or Honey. They would get insulted calling them food or even pets with some.” Vaspira could see Miria giving her a criticizing look before returning to rest on her shoulder.

There was also the fighting trait that Vaspira mentioned earlier. If they were pressed to they could also check among the Iceguard if any of them had heard of this Kara. There were reinmancers among their ranks that was for certain but Miria was unsure if they had those that were of Vaspira's magical persuasion. However if this Kara was good with daggers/throwing knifes as Vassy said she might have made an impression on one of the Icewatch's members. “We can also try speaking to some of the Icewatch. Who knows? She might have fought with your dad at one point! The pair could have been somebody's hero.” Miria reassured as she tried to keep up Vaspira's spirits.

oocYou can infer I go along with where you wanna start and I helped with the early questions of what your dad's name was. Btw np I take my time sometimes too.
Miria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vaspira on March 14th, 2013, 4:05 am

Vaspira just nodded her head at the thanks for letting the Archer know how she felt. Then she said that was how she felt too, which made a bright smile spread across her face. There were no words that she could really say about that, she was just happy to know that she was not the only one.

Vaspira continued to walk with the Archer, listening to her say that the Frostfawn hold was where she needed to go. She listened to the description of those who lived there, and chuckled a little at the criticizing look she gave when saying that animals were not food and pets to them. ”I will try to refrain from eating any of the animals there, I promise. I will also try my best to be respectful.” Vaspira assured the Archer, giving her a playful wink.

They walked towards the Frostfawn hold in silence, until Diana blurted out excitedly that they could check with the Icewatch. Vaspira really did not want to speak with them. Nothing against the Icewatch, but she did not like being around authority like figures, they made her nervous. Made her fur stand on end. They seemed really nice and protective of their city, but one never knew about people. Vaspira gave the Archer a small smile, ”Maybe. We will leave them for last if the Frostfawn hold does not turn anything up.” Vaspira’s tone was a little feral, but slightly calm at the same time. She did not trust people in authority; most of them become power hungry and did stupid things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Archer and the Huntress walked towards the Frostfawn hold, picking at one another, and laughing at each other’s jokes, until silence came again. It was a comfortable silence, a tolerable one. A silence that could only be endured amongst close friends.

The Frostfawn Hold came into view, and Vaspira was a little amazed by the sight. The hold was settled into the trees, as if it was a house in the woods, to be close to the animals that lived in the forest. It was larger than she imagined in her mind, on the outside of the Hold there were stables and a barn for the larger of the animals, and a smaller building set to the side as well. The scents of different animals assaulted her sense of smell. She could smell the different scents of urine and fecal matter, which made her stomach, turn slightly. Sometimes a sensitive nose was not always the best in such situations as this.

There were different Vantha outside working with various animals, grooming them, feeding them, petting them, talking to them. It was a beautiful sight, man and animal in harmony with one another. Vaspira saw a official looking male ahead, she assumed it would be best to approach this man. He looked to be knowledgeable about the going ons at the Hold, and old enough to possibly know information about her father. The Huntress grabbed Diana’s hand and squeezed it, not looking over at her as she inhaled a deep breath, letting her hand go and walking ahead to the man.

”Excuse me, Sir?” Vaspira kept a safe distance, but was close enough that she could be heard. The man turned and looked over at Vaspira, a warm smile on his face, and a twinkle in his eye. He looked to be a kind enough person, so she continued when he brought his attention to her. ”I was hoping you may have some information that I have been seeking for quite some time now. If you are not too busy…” Vaspira’s voice come out confident, but became a little more soft at the end, trailing off. She could only hope the man spoke common, or at least had a basic understanding of it.

”Yes my dear, I have plenty of time to help another out. What is it that you seek?” The official man asked, his tone was kind and gentle, a voice used for animals.

Vaspira gave him a bright smile, looking over her shoulder at Diana giving her a thumbs up. Then she turned back around to look at the Vantha man, ”I am searching for my father. I was pointed in this direction by a Konti Seer in the Spires. My mother and father was supposedly in this area at some point in time. My mother’s name is Kara, she would have been with a male. My friend..” Vaspira paused and gestured behind her to the Archer, ”Suggested this hold to find the information that I sought after. Since my mother was a Kelvic, I am not sure if my father was or not, and I am really hoping for his name.”

The leader of the Frostfawn hold listened intently to what Vaspira had to say, not interrupting her during her long explanation. He stood there for a moment after she was through, stroking his chin gently in thought. [i]”You mother’s name sounds familiar. What did she look like? What Animal Kelvic was she?”
The man asked, still resting his hand on his chin, as if still in thought.

Vaspira looked at the man, keeping a small smile on her face, ”She was a Tiger Kelvic. She had orange brown hair with black high lights, and big, round, golden eyes. She was tall and lean, and very beautiful.” The Huntress spoke softly, the memories of her beautiful mother entering her mind. Oh how she missed her mother. She was so kind, so beautiful, but fierce at the same time.

The leader of the hold nodded his head, staying silent for a few seconds, then his hand dropped and a smile crept up on his face, ”Yes. Yes I remember her. She came to this Hold about four years ago. She was traveling with a man named Maurek. I remember an argument they had, about the man wanting to go back to Syliras where the knights are, and your mother refused because she was pregnant. The man had long dark hair, green eyes, sharp and strong features, and the body of a warrior. Other than that I do not know anything else. Other than the fact that your mother was a great woman, fierce yet kind. But I did not know her that well.”

Vaspira stayed utterly still and silent at what he told her. Maurek.. Vaspira retained the information, glad she was indeed heading in the right direction, Syliras. The fact that this man said her mother was a great woman, a mist of tears appeared in her eyes. She was so grateful to this man for the information he had shared with her.

Vaspira smiled a watery smile, ”Thank you so much for helping me, I am so grateful for that. I am Vaspira, and if there is anything I can do in return, please do not ever hesitate to ask it of me kind Sir.”

The leader of the hold smiled a warm smile at Vaspira, ”My name is Tavan, the leader of the Frostfawn Hold. Thank you for your offer; I will keep that in mind. I am just happy to have helped you in your search, the best of luck Vaspira.” The man’s calm and kind voice soothed Vaspira, and she gave him a warm smile nodding her head, telling him thank you once again, and then returning to her friend.

Vaspira was so full of happiness and excitement; she stopped walking and sprinted a little, tackle hugging her friend. Wrapping her arms around Diana’s body tightly and holding her against her own body. The tears of happiness spilled over and through the soft sobs she spoke, ”Oh Diana… He knew… He knew… My father’s name!” Vaspira held onto her friend, sobbing softly, happy to have found out he father’s name. Even if he was not alive still, she at least had a name, a direction, a face in her mind.

OOCUse of Tavan approved by Valkyrie.

Sorry!Sorry it has taken forever for me to reply, hope that this exhaustively long post makes up for it, haha :).

Vaspira
Feral Beauty

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next