"Hello is the first step to any good friendship" right? :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Thofa on February 17th, 2013, 1:13 am

Hello,
and thank you for stopping by my little intro thread! My name is Alexander, but my friends call me Stolpe, and by that "wierd" nickname you might've alredy guessed that I'm not from an english speaking country! I'm from Sweden, but don't worry, I answer to Alex aswell :)

I'm a 21 year old guy that currently studies corporate/buisness economics at a university here in Sweden (ikr ;) ). I also love to read and write and loads of other things, I'll try to keep myself short so people won't get discouraged to read this thing. My favorite book is across the nightingale floor and i love to photograph, photoshop do various things with music etc! :)

I'm not a veteran role player, just some shorter ones from different games and non RP forums between friends. This will tho change now that I step out the door and enter the great wilderness of Mizahar!

Scrolling through my the pages of RP this site immediately cought my attention since it had such a unique story and concept.

Seeing that I'm Swedish I might fumble and misspell a word here or there, hopefully you won't slap me because of it, but feel free to poke me if I make any bigger mistakes, I'm always willing to evolve and progress in my english writing! :)

That's about it, if anyone is dying to know more about me you can always PM me or shout real loud and hopefully I'll hear it, I'm always happy to meet new people! See you around the trails (:
Thofa
Player

Words: 9626
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 12:12 am
Race: Kelvic

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 1:32 am

Hi Alex! It's great to get to know you, hopefully we'll have the chance to RP together sometime. I'm currently working on a couple of posts so I'm not going to write much as a reply, but I can guarantee that if you love writing with other people, you will have a blast around here. The immensity of Mizahar is quite impressive, but you only need to know the general principles of the world as well as the area you're playing in, so you can hop into the game fairly quickly. I am rather dying to know more about you! I won't slap you for any mistakes. I might poke you, but the reason won't be your mistakes. *NUDGE* But there's no doubt you will improve your writing if you practice by writing and reading English, and Mizahar is as good a place to do that as any else. I'm a new player and I'm loving the experience and the community, I'm sure you will too.

See you around!

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Words: 142748
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 7:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thofa on February 17th, 2013, 1:46 am

Hi Syliss and thanks for the fast response! :) I've read the lore and different pages for about 1-2 weeks now and I'm just blown away, there is so much to read! The story is just captivating and after reading some background storys and roleplay posts I'm just sure that this is going to be awsome :)
Thofa
Player

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 1:49 am

Aw that's great! I must confess I didn't have your patience, I read the relevant lore as I went. By now I've gotten through most of it, but I couldn't wait to hop in and play. I see you've chosen your race, that's good! What kind of a Kelvic is your character going to be?

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thofa on February 17th, 2013, 2:24 am

I'm one of those whom never can decide on what to do or what to play as. At first i was leaning more into isur and going all out on smithing weapons and such, tho when i read on the skill page for weaponsmithing, i think, and the lore for the race i decided that it was somethin i would wait til i got more acquainted with the whole experience of it all.
Seeing that I'm that kind of guy who has a hard time choosing what i want to do you really hit the sweet spot with you're question. I've had many animals in mind actually! I wanted to create somethin different so I've tried to look around for what is most common and least common. My thoughts has gone by the red panda, that's been my favorite, euroasian eagle owl and peregrine falcon etc :). The red panda, that I've given most thought, has caused some troubbles in my concept that I've been thinkin around. I've really wanted to make my character a woodsman survivalist, seeing that I have some of that experience from the past, and the problems with the cute little furry guy is for once that it apparantly has some digestion issues where it has to eat alot of bamboo to go around, it breaks my idea for traveling etc... also it's a little small and doesnt do much more good than looking awsome. Altho I am a sucker for aestethics and i still haven't decided... I'll figure it out by the end of the day I'm sure! :)

Long answer sorry! :)
Thofa
Player

Postby Gad on February 17th, 2013, 2:31 am

You should just go as like, a Grizzly Bear or Mountain Lion. That may be a little too testosterone fueled though. Maybe a stag, or a beaver, those seem woodsman-y to me.
Retired.
Gad
Gone

Words: 265579
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2013, 2:07 am
Race: Ghost

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 2:50 am

Great ideas! Throughout my travels I haven't come across a bird Kelvic yet, and those are allowed without requiring special permission, so if you're feeling it, go for the Eurasian eagle-owl or the peregrine falcon. Red panda would be quite difficult to handle, I agree; but if you think you can make it work, then do it. I just checked out a couple of pics on Google, it's really cute! Literally its Latin name translated into "shining cat" which is kinda neat. I like Gad's idea of the stag if it happens to appeal to your imagination. My personal preference still goes to birds of prey though. And hey, a peregrine falcon Kelvic would blend in perfectly in the desertic lands of Eyktol, and if you haven't considered your starting place yet, that's a thing to consider if you wanna RP with me some! But take all the time you need to get those choices sorted out, because they do define to a certain extent the shape of the paths your adventures will take. Although in the end, as a certain singer said once, "Nothing Fails": you can never go wrong with enough creativity and desire!

Syliss
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thofa on February 17th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Yeah i agree, i love the feel out of the red panda but as said it has alot of difficulties that comes with it so it might be the best choice, there's a reason that it's not an animal that's spread over a large area. And the thing that it's really sensitive to temperature differances makes it hard aswell. I've been thinkin alot about birds of prey, I've been thinking either i take on a larger eagle like the philippine eagle, harpy eagle or i go in the other way taking on the owl, since I have grown up with a stuffed euroasian eagle owl in my family home. Altho the owl will make me highly nocturnal wich might be fun or might not. The fun part about the peregrine falcon is that it's the fastest animal on the face of the planet and can reach up to like 242 mph wich is kinda amazing, but its a small bird :p
I think to much to sumerize... ><
Thofa
Player

Postby Bethsyliss on February 17th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Lol, yeah, some choices are really hard to make. I saw a BBC documentary on the harpy eagle, it's quite an awesome bird. Anyway, whatever you decide, I'm positive you can make it work!

Sylis
Bethsyliss
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Thofa on February 17th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Gah I think I'm going insane but atleast I'm down to Perigrine vs Harpy eagle. Read some of you're work so far, really interesting, first time I've read more extensively about a Dhani. Interesting thought, birds are well known for preying on some snakes ;p even though in this case i would put my money on me ending up on a platter :)
Thofa
Player

Next