Flashback Alive -- Two-fold

In Which Minnie teaches a little girl to pray

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Alive -- Two-fold

Postby Philomena on March 12th, 2013, 3:16 am

YAnk, pull, thread, fiddle... and she keeps laughing the whole time, "Thirsty yes, my dear, thirsty is good. Keep thinking that..."

And witha last yank - she was free! Minnie, not wanting to scratch the girls bare legs, pulled her out gently from the shutter, now, simultaneously trying to make sure her bare bottom was not pointed at Minnie's skirts.

"There we... are! Come now, Auntie Mins has a chamberpot, you're a good girl for waiting so..."

And then... a bit wet warmth on the arm she cradled under the girl. Minnie simply stopped - better that it just happend hear, instead of over the bed, or the desk, or god forbid, the bookshelf. She laughed hard, now.

"Well! That's what I get, isn't it?"
Philomena
Player

Words: 718931
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2012, 3:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Alive -- Two-fold

Postby Shiress on March 14th, 2013, 2:10 am

Shiress tried hard not to laugh seeing as this was definitely punishable by 5 year old standards, but with Auntie laughing so hard it was hard not to do so herself. Thing was, for every giggle she gave a little more wet came with it. "Auntie, stop laughing." She said with a chuckle as she hightailed it to the chamberpot.

"Ahhh, I feel better." She sighed. She came out from behind the hanging assortment of clothes and smiled as her small hands patted her dress down straight.

Shiress glanced up, her green eyes narrowed in thought. "Im still thirsty." She giggled
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Alive -- Two-fold

Postby Philomena on March 15th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Minnie lets the girl run, and finds a bit of flannel, to mop off her arm. Ah, the joys of children. There was a bit of spatter on her skirt, but frankly, she ignored this. Cost of living. The laughing didn't stop until the girl came back out, then it melted into a warm smile.

"Well, come then. I have a bit of cold Kelp-tea in my tureen, we'll have a cup. Then! Shall we read a story together?"

While she speaks she stands on her tippy-most toes, and pulls an earthenware tureen down, pouring two heavy teacups of kelp tea, leaving the salty-fishy-cold smell in the air.
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Alive -- Two-fold

Postby Shiress on March 17th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Little Shiress plopped to the floor where she stood crossing her legs as her arms outstretched for her cup of tea. The cup was accepted with a smile. A slight crinkle wrinkled the little girls nose as she placed the cup to her lips

Several gulps and the cup was empty. A small belch and Shiress was content. She gleamed lovingly up at her Auntie as she spoke. "Yes, a story please. I love stories." Her face was a bit flushed still with all her hurries, but she sat quietly while her Auntie fumbled around and waited patiently for her story.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Alive -- Two-fold

Postby Philomena on March 22nd, 2013, 1:07 pm

Minnie smiled at the girl, with a melted heart and smiling eyes. Children have a power of conquering that adults lack. Some adults have a certain force of defense against these subtle warriors. Minnie Lefting does not. The girl has wrapped her 'round the mast, as the sailors might say, and could sail her where she wished, now.

"Alright. Come."

She sat down on the cot - softer and broader than any chair she might have owned - and scootched back to the back, pulling a lumpy bolster pillow behind her for supports. She crossed her legs inside her skirt, pulled a bedsheet into her lap, and patted her thigh, smiling to the girl, "Come, Shearsy. I will tell you, instead of reading you one, hmm? Then, we will look at pictures later. Would you like one of my favorite stories? But! You must keep it secret! It is one of my secret stories, that only my dear loves may hear, hmm? My dear loves, like my Shearsy-girl. Come, sit in my lap, listen."
Philomena
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Previous