Reimancer's Legacy (Vick)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Miro on February 24th, 2013, 11:27 pm

16th day of Winter, 512 AV

Miro had arrived in Vick's lab, issuing he follow the boy for the start of their journey together. It was clear that the Nuit possessed a certain set of skills that inspired the Pulser wizard to train him. Of course, there was never a master bending to the will of another and sharing secrets for free. The deal was knowledge in exchange for knowledge. In the current situation, very little was given yet. The Reimancer bade his initiate to follow, stating that their game started when they arrived in the training grounds.

The Mixed Blood arrived through the Prairie, going past the Mudpool and into the woods. He made sure to slow his pace, as not to lose the Nuit. Through a short pass in the woods he found his marked tree and plate of rock. Knowing what was beneath, he began to produce Res from outstretched hands. The substance poured heavily coat the large smooth rock until it was entirely covered. He turned to Vick with a smirk, having some mixed feelings. It was going to be hard to push him as hard as needed, but somehow he would find it in him. Sometimes striking a child to teach it discipline is necessary.

Miro attracted the plate of earth to his Res and moved it aside, revealing a pit below containing the boy's possessions. "If you ever need a place to hide for a while or take some alone time, just ask. I can lend you a pit for a while. Just ignore how easy it would be for me to trap you in here though." Inside was his backpack, some gear, and bag and his staff, Ionu's light. For now he would open his backpack and take out the Mask of Many, then grab his staff. It was important that Vick learn everything the master had to teach. The real training came from use, especially for the Nuit. He was not afraid to walk through the flame.

The mask was easily secured to his head, clenching tight against his face. The wide holes for his eyes allowed him to see clearly, making it easy to forget he was wearing it. The charm on his wrist, according to Vick, increased his focus. Wearing it for so long, it kept the reminder of that lesson close to his heart. Though he still needed it, his apprentice needed it more, for now at least. The increased focus would serve him well in learning his new disciplines. If ever Miro was to fall, his apprentice would carry on his will.

After using it focusing properties for so long, he was afraid of what his magic would be like without it. Could it be that his increase in skill was only its power? He hesitated for a moment, but knew even if it would make him weak, his student was more important. Miro grasped it and began to pull it off his wrist, struggling to get it past his hand. It was much tighter than he remembered. The charm was placed in Vick's much smaller hand, quickly releasing the charm before he had second thoughts.

"Vick, I am giving you my charm for now. If it helps you focus, then you will need it. Just know that it was given to me after the loss of a wise and brilliant mind. He had mastery over illusion, and he believed in me enough to give me my staff, Ionu's Light. I was left with that as a reminder of what had happened, and the true meaning of the word power." The boy hesitated for a moment, still nervous to initiate him into Reimancy. "For all of this to work, I am going to push you harder than you have ever been pushed. You have the luxury of never fatiguing, but you are still capable of overgiving. We will find balance and discipline within your body and soul, but I fear we may push your small body too far."

Miro climbed out of the small pit using the outside rim that the rock sat on as a step. He looked on at the small Nuit with his new face, ready to explain the first step they would have to overcome. "Would you happen to know anything of the Reimancy initiation? It will involve my Res seeping into you and moving throughout your body through several cuts. The pain is so intense that the living tend to faint from it. That however is the easy initiation. It only requires you to endure my power, and when it happens, feel, find your new instinct. First your ability to create Res, then the ability to transmute it to an element."

Miro took a stern stance with his staff planted on the ground, slowly pouring Res from its end and creating a disc. He kept his attention on the tiny corpse and continued his explanation. "But also we have the task of teaching you of your body, the way of the Flux. I will show the flow of Djed within your body's pathways and allow you to experience redirections through your entire body. With my lessons and the experience of it, I will guide you deep within the substance of your body to tap its true potential. Your body may be small, but it is swift. A vessel so light, when able to tap into its potential, you are capable of extreme agility. Being so small and quick, you will be hard to hit, but still able to cast with deadly power."

The Reimancer lifted his staff and guided his Res into the air. Using his other hand he guided the mass of Res to spread out over a small distance. The substance was forced to the ground and transmuted to a stone plate. Miro walked over to stand atop the platform and held his staff with both hands. Res began to flow from the bottom as he used it to paint on the surface. First a large circle that took up most of the space, then several inside it, each smaller than the last. He moved to swipe his staff along the circle in every direction, creating various lines across the shapes dividing them. He finished by placing his staff in the center and focusing on the shape. The lines began making adjustments, ironing out all imperfections to ensure symmetry.

Miro drew a square and diamond around the circle. From the bottom leading towards the edge he drew two lines that connected to a triangle. He tapped his staff in the triangle and transmuted all of his Res to ice. He then produced an intersecting cross and x inside of the triangle, programming the rune to release the barrier when struck with a transmutation to ice. With his sigil finally complete he could store his spell. First he had to removed his sandals and stepped onto the center of the focus. Though when he stepped upon it, the cold rune was quite soothing for him.

In order to show Vick all of his body's internal pathways, he would have to redirect in every way possible. He was more than confident in his Flux skills however, he only needed to focus. Miro formed his hands into fists and took a deep breath. He punched his fists together and slowly released the breath, completely focused and attuned with his body. He closed his eyes and focused on his feet, redirecting the Djed upward through the pathways in his gut. He then willed a redirection from his arms to share its Djed Flux with his legs, stabilizing them. The initial redirection continued upward, through his chest and finally traveling up into his head. With all of it recorded in the focus, he returned his body's flow to normal.

"Let us begin the lesson with a complex redirection. Step onto the sigil and focus. When you are ready, I will activate it so you can experience the Flux. Let us start after this with your introduction into the discipline. I aim to teach you all you need to know to learn to harness the Flux for yourself. Then we end with you initiation into Reimancy. When you are ready to continue your training we will work to train you in both disciplines until you master the basics. From there it is simply putting those skills to effective use. Training against me should work to speed things up quite a bit. So, when you are ready stand and ready for my magic so we can continue the lesson. Be sure to feel the connection soul within your body, and embrace the flowing Djed within yourself."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vick on February 28th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Vick was not known to go into the mud pools but this was a different care as he traveled with Miro, his new master, into the outside world to start their training. This training he knew would deal with different magical means which all were centered around combat. Something Vick never did or knew about.

Miro spoke the words yet Vick already knew a bit about djed pathways and more of the details due to his time within Sahova over the years. He heard from plusers that magic outside the island was unheard of and most did not know anything about it. Even the few people that did use it knew very little what they were doing. Vick just could not understand that logic but paid it no mind as Miro went on about feeling the djed traveling along the paths as he made a sigil in the ground.

With just a nod to himself more or less, Vick placed the bracelet along his right arm as he placed a mask along his face. Vick had no words for the items as he felt his focus come to a head as he felt a power rush into his mind and body. Malediction was a tricky power but he knew this item would hold a downside but for now he needed the power it gave him.

As for Miro’s mask he felt he had no words for the item. He wanted to know more about it as he felt like it was like the mask he made but on a different level. Maybe he was still learning his own craft it would seem as Vick just stepped onto the sigil without doubt.

Once Vick was on the sigil, he felt the djed in his body go up from his feet, into his gut before going to both arms and down again to his legs coming to his chest and into his head.

It was new, he had thought he did this with his magic but this was new. Felt like energy running under his skin and bone into his very soul as if he felt doors open inside his head before what felt like forever it was gone and he was back to normal.

Words could not even begin to help him understand what he felt but he knew he wanted to feel it again and more. He had the taste of it like sweet cream and he wanted more.

“More. I want more Miro. Don’t hold back on teaching me and pushing me.” Vick said at last giving Miro the words he needed to hear as Vick’s eyes filled with a lust for magic.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Miro on March 2nd, 2013, 12:03 am

Vick was ready to move on, eager, starved for power. This was good, but Miro was not eager to have to go through the basics with him. He would start by making the goals to achieve, then the rest would simply be the tools needed to achieve initiation. "Fine, if you are eager, then I will train you the correct way. You are a Flux initiate, so I will treat you as one. For the key to obtaining your power, you need to found two important abilities. First, your ability to attune yourself with your body. You must learn to address each limbs capabilities and limits, learn to move with precision and intent. A Flux wizard will always think ahead to coordinate complex and graceful movements. Without a knowledge of your body, you will not be able to control its power."

The wizard moved to his apprentice and stood tall before him, attempting to intimidate and observe the apprentice. He was curious to see just how the Nuit could handle real Flux training. The secret to mastering the first task was through a difficult task for the corpse. The challenge of the learning the body was to push his vessel to its limit to find a deeper harmony. "Vick, this is the hard part for you. In order to attain harmony of the body, you will be pushed hard. Since you are so eager, we will do this in the traditional way, martial arts. Sparring if you will. Learning to operate your body at is fastest, stronger, toughest. This will be a rough start, but as we train more, you will improve. When the Flux is introduced, your speed and grace will continue to grow."

Miro pushed Vick playfully, giving him a smirk. He leaned back to fall on his rump and sighed deeply before returning his gaze to his apprentice. "That will be a strain for a while, but you will get the hang of it. The next training is one of the mind and spirit. Once you understand how to coordinate and will your body to move, you then learn to sense deeper. Being able to sense the pathways is this next step. As you move your body, you rely on the Djed Flux within. These are the connected streams of energy that make up your pathways. There are a few techniques to help with the meditation needed to grasp this skill. But when you do, a firm understanding of your body's capabilities and the ability to attune yourself with its pathways, that is all you need. Develop these two skills and you can learn to use your Djed to redirect your body's Flux."

And of course the most boring part for the teacher would come next. Sparring was its own lesson, and while difficult for student was easy for master. The part that actually consisted of speaking a lesson however was difficult for both master and student, though for different reasons. To guide Vick to the proper realization, he would have to process the information he had been passively gathering. None of it was handed down to him, but gained from experience over his life. Taking the information and turning it to words would take some effort.

"So, that brings us to the lesson. Let us title this one, why don't we? Something about achieving harmony of mind and body. This will be the key to feeling the deeper connection in every movement. Inside of your physical body is your astral body, ripe with power. They share a deep connection, and you must learn to sense them apart first, then together. By learning how to sense your physical body's alteration on the energy within, you will learn to interact and use that energy to influence your physical capabilities. Tuning and pulling on these Djed pathways to channel strength through the physical body, and of course transferring potential power to a more concentrated point. You will meditate on the concept of the astral body, how it is connected to every fiber of your body. Another key will be to visualize pathways and imagine the streams of energy. With every movement envision the movement of the energy within."

The lesson was quite thick, yet it came across well. In reality, that was all his student needed to know. With a teacher so capable of programming the knowledge into him, a lot of the work was taken away from Vick. "Since I am so kind and skilled a teacher, I will advance your skills and knowledge. We will train you by using various glyphs to assist. I will explain a redirection, store it, then have you imagine the flow and feel of it inside of you. Then, you will experience it and try to store that feeling. We will repeat the process until you can recall the experience of a redirection through your pathways at will. You might even attempt to hold the redirected Djed Flux from returning immediately. Practice in sustaining the spell could do well to train as well." Miro was sure the corpse would pick up on the process quickly when drenched in training. Balance and discipline above all else needed to be established.

"So first off we need to push to train your body hard. You will not tire, so we can work as long as we need. You are in need of a hard lesson, so be prepared. I will start easy, give you a period of training offense with no worry of defense, but it will not last. Our practice will consist mainly of offensive training, saving defensive for trial combat. Through practice and balance of the Flux, defense and offense meld together. All actions are made to strike a balance. One must always know just how much risk to take, how far to push the body. The aim is always to do the most damage to your opponent with the least taken in return, the ultimate goal being to defeat them. A proper defensive move will further your offense, and likewise an offensive move should defend you."

Miro smirked as he stretched his body out. "If you have any questions, ask them now. When you are ready, we shall begin your physical training. Remember, you need to focus on your body. When you will your body to move, focus carefully on the power and speed it has to carry out the command, and how much stress is put on it. Your goal will be to move in an efficient and intended manner. Do not hold back, move as fast as your body can to bring out its full potential."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vick on February 20th, 2014, 2:21 am

Vick had to take a lot in. This would put him danger but he had to trust this person not to kill him. This would make him better. This would make him a force to stand on his two feet and not have to live in fear or worry if he traveled about. This would make him his own being of power.

Yet it was a lot to take in. Miro was talking about how he would learn different things and now he had to attack him with his body. He never once fought in his life and with his body but this would be a chance to learn how. With luck his sluggish movements would not be such a drawback once he learn more of the flux. That or he would have to learn projection and see if that would help further but he knew combat nuits had a different movement then researchers.

So he moved his feet at last, his arm moving in the air as his fist was closed as he threw a punch towards Miro. It would be slow but he would do his best to attack Miro. He would throw a right punch, then try to use his left as a lower punch towards Miro’s stomach before trying to give a badly placed kick with his right leg towards Miros leg.

All in all...a child trying to fight an adult. Yet Vick would try and keep trying to land some type of attack on him. It would be hard work but Vick would have to think ahead and try to force his body to move faster. Maybe this is what he had to do. Fight. Fight until he learn how to move better. Other combat nuits could do it so he had to find that way. Flux may be the key to that afterall for he did not know the ways of combat.

Yet he would learn. Miro would make him learn even if it broke his body down.

Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3