Open Fitting In (The Pavilion)

Treksha takes the actions of a rakva to heart.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Fitting In (The Pavilion)

Postby Treksha on March 3rd, 2013, 4:43 am

Spring 1, 513 AV

That vagik is going to learn. None will shame me like that. None.

The actions of the Eypharian just a few days before had struck Treksha hard, causing him shame every day and every night since. The rakva had spit on him. He had disrespected everything Treksha is and was with nothing more than a waste of water.

Knowing full well how much he stood out, the gold-skinned Benshira boy stomped through the streets of Ahnatep, dressed fully in his tunic, head covering, and cloak. With his kris at his side and his quarterstaff strapped to his back, the looks of the passing Eypharians went through multiple phases: first arrogance, immediately preceded by scorn, then once his blazing gaze met theirs, fear and aversion. Even an affable, naive man such as himself would be fearsome in his current mindset. Treksha knew he would have to do something to blend in, to go from being Chupra to being Eysh-na, the name he deserved. Treksha, son of Shedhael, is not cattle, is not less than any Eypharian, other than in number of arms.

And it was so that he found himself, once again, in the Pavilion. Stopping to calm himself and clear his mind, the man pondered the things he needed to get. New clothes were definitely on the list, something that screamed high-class but didn't rob him of the last of his few mizas.

His hand dipped into his cloak, pulling his meagre amount of mizas from his pack and counting them, sighing, before putting them back and starting on his quest to make himself into a respectable citizen of Ahnatep - on a budget.

Until he realised he had no clue where to go, that is.

There was that man from last summer, the one who sold him the earrings... But would he even be there today? Would he have any jewelry Treksha could afford?

Will he sneer at me like the other rakva?

Still, the Eysh-na knew he'd get those looks today, as he wore his traditional Benshiran attire. And so he headed toward the area he recalled the man's tent being.

Perhaps I'll find someone to point me in the direction of a clothier's tent...
Treksha
Player

Words: 27341
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2012, 4:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sheshna on March 4th, 2013, 1:43 am

Sheshna couldn't be easily seen, why, because she was in an alley. Why was she in an alley, well she was waiting for someone. Who was she waiting for, whomever her partner could scare down the alley... Thus he arrived. Even if she could see her, she had morphed her face to that of a hag. Complimenting it with a cloak. Behind a pile of who knows what, most likely things to be brought to the port later was her nifty little hiding space. The man drew closer and she was ever more ready. Once he was close and out of sight he ruined himself, her arm came out pretty fast, close-lining the poor fellow. Immediately after hitting the floor she leaped on top letting loose a flurry of horrible punches only complemented by speed from her Dhani blood.

It didn't matter if her punches were bad, you get close-lined and pummeled in the face that many times, you tend to go to sleep. The man was done for and down. Her let out a few small whelps, but they were over in seconds due to being punched in the mouth and throat quite a bit... by accident.

As her pal Feloosa entered the alley. "I didn't know you could fight? Did you cheap shot him? Well if we're done here I have to go. I helped like we agreed and now we're even and the misses is making me something special." The Ephyrian said to her.

She replied in concert to him "I'm part Myrian! And I didn't cheap shot him, I taught him the practicality of being alert. It's a hardknock life, so you have to be hands on when taking a student. Even for a few minutes. Go on and eat you meal, greedy jerk... The spoils go to me then. Should I hit him a few more times to help him forget what happened?" As she was cleaning out his pockets filling her bag with whatever would fit without taking too much space, even taking his shoes.

"Smack him up a few times... It's good practice. Plus even if he doesn't forget he won't say anything... the's what we call convenient memory." He replied leaving.

Without missing a beat she slugged him with a few well aimed punches. Since he was out cold she could really line up her strikes. Finally getting up to give him a few well placed kicks to the ribs and head. "I hope I didn't kill him but JUST to be sure." Mumbled the girl dragging him to the hiding spot she had just used.

Leaving, she would circle the block changing her face back to normal and eventually bumping into none other than Treksha. Pretending to be frail, she fell to the floor and immediately apologized revealing her beautiful face. "Sorry, sorry... I didn't mean to. You okay?" speaking softly.
Sheshna
Del Serpiente

Words: 22020
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 2:11 am
Character sheet

Postby Treksha on March 5th, 2013, 2:38 am

Stripping the covering from his head, Treksha worked his way slowly through the ever-present crowd of people cluttering The Pavilion on his way to the tent of the Eypharian who sold him the earrings he currently wore.

Each step seemed more than that; each motion was a dedication toward a new Treksha, a new person. He would no longer be one to stand out in the crowd, but instead the gold-skinned man would be one of the golden throng roaming the glittering streets of the city.

Considering his limited knowledge of the styles and fashions of the city, that would be quite hard.

Trek knew he wanted to get some new jewelry, something that would make him look elegant but not leave him bereft.

Turning a sharp corner, his eyes focused on the ground and his mind focused on his task, the Eysh-na had no time to notice the woman before him - that is, until they collided.

Treksha, knocked back a bit, steadied himself, but noticed the girl on the ground, looking more out of place in the desert city than he did! Her hair, her eyes, her skin - none of it looked Eypharian, or Dhani, or anything respected here, and his heart called out to her for it.

Assuming the best of the woman, Treksha smiled softly and spoke with a gentle quality. "Dear lady, no! I am alright, I shall be alright. But is it you that are hurt? I was not meaning to, I paid no attention..." He chuckled and shook his head. Making a fool of himself again, and in front of another woman! It was almost as if his embarrassment overcame his anger so wholly that he nearly forgot his purpose, looking at this woman before him.

He reached his hand down, outstretched in an attempt to offer her assistance in standing. It was, after all, his fault she fell.

"May I help in any way?"
Treksha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sheshna on March 5th, 2013, 3:07 am

Sheshna heard the man's words. She thought he was pretty sweet. "Oh sssuch a gentleman. Thank you sssir, oh uh yeah." She didn't even notice her lispy voice when she spoke until it was too late. He was very formal and even called her Dear Lady which for criminals was rare to hear. She grabbed his hand to help herself up.

After she stood herself up, and after wiping the dust away she began to tie her cloak around her waist as a sort of dress. Using the sleeves to tie it off on her side. She began talking as she shook the dust out of her hair for a quick second.

"I didn't know the city had such friendly people in it. Thank you... Now that you mention it, mind spending time with me till my head stops hurting. A woman is never safe on her own... Usually." She said rather candid thinking of the irony. Especially since tying off her dress exposed her leather armor.

"My name is Shashanamishenesheshna... Just call me Sheshna. And you are?" She asked in a rather pleasing tone. She postured with her hand on her hip, sort of leaning in a way. "I assume you have a name..." she followed up. She kept it pleasent, if she walked around with this guy then she would be less likely to have to deal with Jackals whom may be in the area. Never know when the guy from the alley might wake up, if he was still alive. But she didn't think she hit him that hard. She hadn't practiced any sort of martial art before. Then she realized she may start drifting, playing off her thoughts as slips of the mind.
Sheshna
Del Serpiente

Character sheet

Postby Treksha on March 8th, 2013, 12:39 am

Startled by the sibilance of the woman's voice, Treksha found himself dumbstruck and speechless for a split second.

Why do I keep running into these people, and why are they all beautiful women!?

The feel of the woman's hand was strong, her grip like stone, and the Eysh-na could feel the power and muscle of the woman as she lifted herself to her feet. There was so much corded musculature underneath the tanned skin of the woman, it came as a surprise that she hadn't crushed the small hand of the Benshira who helped her!

Even further, the sight of the leather armour which the woman wore also gave Treksha pause. Why would an obviously powerful woman, wearing a suit of armour, albeit leather and not steel, act as if she were little more than a debutante around him?

Whatever her reasoning, it is never polite to refuse a lady.

He shook his head at her long name, then smiled softly. "Miss Sheshna, I am the one known as Treksha. I have been known by other names over years, but only that one applies now."

It was true, after all. Like he had been repeating, as a mantra, No longer Chupra. Eysh-na now. After this outing, he would solidify his place as one of those shining members of Ahnatep's gleaming streets.

"Please, yes, accounting me. Er..." He stopped, trying to remember the word he truly meant, "I mean, accompany me. I have come out today to go shopping. I need new clothes, and maybe new jewelry." His smile was genuine, yet a bit strained by his slight suspicion toward the woman. Yet still, Treksha found his arm stretched toward the woman, beckoning for her to take it and stroll with him.

"I would greatly love for you to come with me."
Treksha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sheshna on March 8th, 2013, 1:04 am

It was noticed that he was taken back by her. After she practically hissed while embarrassed, of course he would be a bit wary.

She chickled a little bit as his verbal conundrum. Last time she heard such a blunder Faloosah a friend had clothes-lined the guy first. "Well if it's what we both want then it's settled. Treksha... I like it. Unique." she said as to imply that it made him distinct.

"Hmmm, do you know what you like to wear. I'm guessing you haven't been in Ahnatep long, so I can help you find something dashing if you like." She added, assuming he wasn't from the city. She had subconsciously put down the idea that he may be Ephyrian due to the lack of arms. To her, he was just a well tanned human, possibly Benshiran.

Even though she was at first just avoiding Jackals, he turned out to be an alright person. So she spoke to him "No need to be all worried, I'm sorta mixed blood... My dad is a Dhani. So I'm a bit odd maybe, is that okay." It was partly a guilt trip but a good one none the less.
Sheshna
Del Serpiente

Character sheet

Postby Treksha on March 20th, 2013, 2:10 am

This would prove to be a problem.

Treksha blushed a bit, realising he had absolutely no idea what he was looking for or what was fashionable; the wind swiftly left the boy's sails, and he visibly slumped, defeated.

"I am afraid I do not know what is good to wear in this city, and one can see I do not dress as one does here." At this, he motioned toward his clothing, the traditional Benshiran wear he had been raised with and worn for all his life. "I do know that I wish to find clothing that is accepted here, and perhaps makes me look good," He bit his bottom lip shyly, softly, anxiously at this, "But I will admit I am a bit lost."

With a quick shake of his head, Treksha broke himself free from his insecurity and self-pity before smiling affably at the woman once again. "I wanted to get something to match these, however." He reached up with his right hand to show the hammered copper earrings he was wearing, the hoops that he bought on a whim just the summer before.
"And I know I want something that will make me look thin." Perhaps it was vain, but Treksha had always been fond of looking both thin and muscular, the true 'Victorian' ideal.

In holding his arm out for Sheshna, as he did now, the Eysh-na indicated his acceptance of her and her Dhani heritage. "I once met a woman who spoke like you. She had beautiful ebony skin and her kiss was like a drink of cool water." He chuckled quietly, eyes glittering with the memory of that night, that kiss. "I will accept you, Miss Sheshna."
Treksha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sheshna on March 20th, 2013, 8:47 pm

She was approved, his manner of speak put her into a bit of deeper thought. It was an odd feeling being approved. "Fair trade it sounds like to me, for helping me with my fall and all." Though his speaking of a kiss in less than 5 minutes was sort of off putting.

She looked at the earrings. Then she gave a good glance clothes. He was definitely Benshiran, most of the men at the Pillars of Dust whom were Benshiran dressed similar. It wasn't a bad start, he sort of knew what he was doing. "Nice hoops, it seems like you have the right idea, and it's a good start. In Ahnatep most people here are Ephyrian, and sort of biased to other races. Though Dhani are held in pretty good regard. If you can fit in with Dhani since you are of the two armed sort, then it'll be easier to get along with people." She said with no idea of the irony due to not knowing his heritage.

She thought for a second to explain "Most Dhani wear the glamorous things like everyone else but it's a bit different. And as far as jewelery goes Brass is nice, silver is lovely and gold is fabulous. Brass however is pretty good, it's cheaper and since you can get more for less you can match it up with your clothing pretty well." She was just spewing what she knew and she hoped he could keep up, though it was doubtful that he couldn't.

She then examined his body for a quick second "Thin is good it'll keep you from looking like a sweaty slob. I recommend yellows and red with a bit of black for you." She then followed up with a bit of a serious question that in no way sounded as such.

"How do you feel about make-up?"
Sheshna
Del Serpiente

Character sheet

Postby Treksha on March 21st, 2013, 12:42 am

The awkwardness and shame crept in once again.

"I fear I do not have the coin for gold or silver... I will admit my press... Er, purse is running low." Taking a coin from his pack, Treksha found himself smiling nervously once again. "I need to find a place where they will not rob me blind, but I can look like people do here."

In roaming the city, the Eysh-na had seen many different styles and colours in the clothing of its inhabitants, yet a few had caught his eye. There had been a man with his face gaudily painted, wearing a piece of clothing that looked like a mix between waistcoat and corset, a woman with a wide metal band circling her head at the temple, a young boy with small leather shoes that had toes which curled upward slightly, and so many linens of different shapes and colours that Treksha knew he simply had to have them; that is, if they were affordable enough.

"I would very much like to fit in with the Dhani. I know I will not fit in with the many-armed; they would not trust an Eysh-na like me. I look too Benshira for my own good, Yahal be damned."

Any righteous Benshira would have struck him for his blasphemy, but in this city it mattered little. Yahal had betrayed his family, Yahal hadn't been there for him when he had needed it. Yahal was not worthy of the worship other Benshira gave.

This woman speaks very swiftly, He thought carefully, But I am glad she is helping me with this dilemma.

"I am glad for your reconnaissance," With another pause, the gold-skinned man cleared his throat, once again embarrassed by his fumble, and continued, "Er, recommendations. I do have a great love for red, and yellow is also a very nice colour." Treksha scratched at his temple for a moment at her last comment, and coughed awkwardly.

"Erm, no makeup."
Treksha
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sheshna on March 22nd, 2013, 1:08 am

Well everyone is broke every now and again. However the man was in luck "Well everyone in Ahnatep is a bit glizy but you lucked out. The Dhani aren't as bad offenders." She herself wasn't much for jewelery though she did like complimenting clothing. "Brass will do you just fine, BUT you need to look strong. Dhani are like that... Might makes right. Maybe we should add some black to look thinning." She added.

"I know just the guy, he always has a fair price. It's stuff that'll make you look tougher... oh and I know a jewelery lady too. She's pretty fair." She exclaimed with two old faces popping to mind.

Well for a Benshiran he wasn't bad looking. He seemed like he could fit in within no time. "It aint so bad. Usually Benshiran's inspire a much more negative response, but speak firm and stand up straight. A man looks way more confident erect." She spoke, adding a particular brand of humor.

"Let's go and make you a fair maiden, shall we?" She said with a bit of a snicker. She was the joking type alright.
Sheshna
Del Serpiente

Character sheet