PM to join Free drinks for all!

To celebrate the early snowmelting free drinks are available at the IW

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Free drinks for all!

Postby Kitchi on March 3rd, 2013, 6:39 pm

8th of Spring, 513

Kitchi blinked in the red light of the dance club. She had rarely been in the Incremental Weather, not having much of a taste for the night life, but with the free drinks on offer she felt unnatural drawn to the large oval shaped room tucked deep into the mountain. The room was decorated with different shaped alcoved and curtains allowed them to be cut off. She could hear music flowing throughout the room and vaguely recognised the outline of a bass in one of the alcoved. The centre of the dance club was filled with people, it seemed most of Wind Reach had the same idea as her. Overpowering noise filled the air, deafening the customers and making it impossible to think. Kitchi looked around, spotting the two bars besides the door. She moved left but quickly turned back, dipping into the throbbing crowd that had gathered. She wasn't sure why she had changed her mind, putting it off as the other bar being more crowded or slower moving. It took a while before she managed to make her way towards the bar. Every so often she would be bumped by someone else but finally the tall, hansom bartender made his way towards her. Her blue eyes scanned the list of drinks quickly, perhaps she should have thought about this beforehand.
'A feather bed' Kitchi yelled eventually, shrugged. It looked interesting at least. The bartender nodded and started to combine the ingredient, orange juice, pineapple juice, rum and other things she couldn’t' quite see. The drink was passed to her and she stared down into the orange/yellow drink. It had a faint dark tint to it. She pushed her way back out of the crowd, drink it hand. She stood a sip as she moved, it was sweet and the fruit taste overpowered everything else. The crowd still managed to knock her about but she was starting to get used to the movements and sway of the drunken crowd. Finally she made her way into one of the small alcoves. It was empty aside from some wooden chairs but Kitchi ignored them, preferring to stand by the entrance to the alcove. Her blue eyes scanned the crowds, a flurry of red heads dancing to the music which swelled along with the crowd. Everything had a faint red light from the scones. Some of the curtains had been drawn but elsewhere people were sitting, chatting around tables. Against a wall a tall male had slumped to the floor, a glass still clutched in his hand. He appeared to be asleep and his arms had been flailed to his sides. Someone had scribbled black ink onto his arm but it was illegible from the distance.
Last edited by Kitchi on March 22nd, 2013, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitchi
The brave little bird.

Words: 69202
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2013, 11:08 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Free drinks for all!

Postby Iosha on March 4th, 2013, 2:55 am

After a long day in the Infirmary, Iosha needed to unwind with a drink, and she heard from Keah since the Sankias Road was passable again the Inarta were in a state of celebration, so after work, she strolled down to the Tisuma Baths and cleaned up from a long hard day. When she finished her bath, she dried off her wet hair, and brushed out the sliver blond hair until it was dry. While looking in the mirror, she decided to braid the hair on both sides of her face. Iosha made her way down to her apartment, and she changed into her violet silk vanti and bryda. When she was dressed, she opened her wooden jewelry box and pulled out her her exquisite necklaces with violet glass bead. She put the necklace around her neck, and pulled out her silk violet scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She smiled to herself when she was finished dressing, but before she left her room, she grabbed her dagger sheaf and strapped it too her side of her bryda.

Iosha made her way to the Inclement Weather, and she could hear the bass line from down the street. She frowned to herself when she saw the line starting to grow, so she quickly found a place in line. It didn't take long to get inside the club because the festivities just have just started for the night. Once inside the club, Iosha weaved her way through the growing crowd of Inarta. She looked at the dance floor, and she was amazed at how quickly it was packed with people. She avoided the dance floor for now because she didn't want to get stuck out there until she had a drink or two in her first. Iosha went to the bartender and asked in common with smile, “I heard the Inclement Weather is giving out free drink tonight. Is it true?” The male bartender look at the Konti and said to her with a smile, “Yep all night beautiful! What can I get you to start your long night with?” Iosha violet eyes went to the list of drinks behind him, and she giggled to herself when she saw the drink “Yellow Snow”. It sound tasty, and Iosha said to him with a smirk, “Why don't you start me off with a “Yellow Snow”.” The bartender nodded to her and started mixing her drink, and when he was finished he set it down in front of her and said softly with a wink, “If you need a refill come back, and I will set you up with another one.” Iosha smiled at the man, and she took her drink and walked away from the bar.

Iosha made her way through the crowd looking for a place to sit because she didn't feel like dancing at the moment. She looked around and saw a beautiful Inarta woman leaning on the wall by herself. She made he way to her, and she smiled to herself when she felt the eyes of other people watching her as she passed by them. When she made it to the Inarta woman, she looked at the woman and said politely to her, “Are any of these chairs taken? My feet are killing me, and I need a place to sit.” She gave the woman a warm smile and said softy, “By the way, my name is Iosha Moonchaser would you like to join me? Drinking alone is never fun. What is your name?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Free drinks for all!

Postby Kitchi on March 4th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Kitchi saw the blonde approach. She vaguely recognised her, had she seen her in a crowd before? She wondered briefly if she was important, had she seen her working somewhere? Her eyes turned towards the small glass of orange colored liquid that the stranger held. Had she ordered the same thing? The faint dull tint was missing and it made Kitchi wonder briefly.
“Are any of these chairs taken? My feet are killing me, and I need a place to sit.” The woman smiled warmly at her and Kitchi nodded, only half paying attention. Her words had snapped her attention from the drink and she glanced down at her own orange drink for a moment before taking a quick, fruit filled sip. Despite the corner rejecting some of the noise it was still almost unbearably loud, the thumping of the drums and strumming of guitars were almost inescapable and Kitchi wondered how it was not heard elsewhere in Wind Reach. The bright lights made her disorientated, unfocused. “By the way, my name is Iosha Moonchaser would you like to join me? Drinking alone is never fun. What is your name?” There was a silence as Kitchi stared at the stranger, the words starting to flicker through her mind and slowly take shape, forming the sentence and dabbling it with meaning.
'Oh, sure. I'm Kitchi' Kitchi smiled uncertainly at the stranger, her blue eyes following the glimmering lights from her bright blonde hair. 'What are you?' The question was a lot blunter then Kitchi would normally have liked but her disorientation blinded the fact.
Kitchi
The brave little bird.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Free drinks for all!

Postby Iosha on March 6th, 2013, 2:41 am

Noticing it was hard to hear the Inarta, Iosha decided to lean up against the wall next to her, and she gave Kitchi a smirk of amusement when she asked her question like a typical Inarta. What type of creature is she? Iosha wasn't offended at all at the question because it was a fair honest question, and most Inarta never seen or even heard about her kind. Iosha started to move her head with the bass line of the drums, and she took a sip of her drink. Iosha looked onto Kitchi sky blue eyes, and she said loud enough for the woman to hear, “It nice to meet you Kitchi! To answer your question, I am a Konti from the Island of Mura on the eastern side of Mizahar.” Iosha was started to enjoy the song, and she closed her eyes to block out all the other distractions other than to music. She opened her violet eyes again, and she said to Inarta woman with a warm smile, “My people are the product between the love of Laviku and Avalis, so my people share a special connection to the ocean.” Iosha smiled when she showed Kitchi her webbed hand, and she lifted up her hair showing the Inarta woman her gills behind her ears. She let her silver blond hair fall to her shoulders. Iosha said with a hint of pride in her voice, “If you look closely at my forehead, you will able to see my scales shimmer of lights.”

Iosha sipped her drink, and she leaned closer to Kitchi, and said with silly grin on her face, “I am going to take a stab in the dark, Kitchi, but if I was a betting woman, I would bet all my pinions that you are a Inarta.” She took another sip of her drink, and she tilted her head adding to her playful joke, “Yes, I am hundred percent sure that you are a Inarta. Your fiery red hair is a definite give away!” She gave the woman a wink, and she leaned back up against the wall again and listened to the music. For a chime or two, Iosha just listened and bobbed her head with the sound of the music, and she said her compliment without looking at Kitchi, “By the way Kitchi, you have beautiful blue eyes. When I look into them, I feel like I am staring up into a clear sky.” Iosha wanted to compliment the woman, and she hoped the woman didn't get the wrong impression of her just trying to be nice. As she watched the dance floor, she couldn't help smiling at her father's people as they dance away the winter worries.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Free drinks for all!

Postby Ishgrameer Windwalker on March 6th, 2013, 2:42 am

ImageIshgrameer had been wandering for some time now. The city was slowly coming back to life as the talons of winter released their grip upon the region, giving way to spring. He had heard that the pass was now travel ready. He debated about going on a hunt, after his most recent one with Leaf had proven a success. However that was a thought for later, when he had peace and quiet with which to contemplate the matter. Where he was going would have little of both, though there would be no hostility.

The outside world had disappeared long ago, as he descended deep into the depth of the mountain. He was seeking out a place that he'd only been to once, briefly for a drink. The Inclement Weather. When he had been there, only a handful of people were there, and for the most part he was alone. However he knew that the place was famed for its deviants, parties, and atmosphere during the night. Still after all that had happened, and with all that lay before him, he decided it would do him good to have a drink.

Oh drinks. How he delighted in them. Growing up in the wilds alcohol was only ever gained when he would scarcely visit the city. Yet even then he was not old enough by human standards to partake, that and his mother forbade it during his youth. During his stay in Wind Reach thus far however he had partaken in many a drink, and reveled in the sensation that accompanied it. Once he had gotten what people called drunk, but afterwards had learned that such a sensation was not sought after. Thus he had learned to handle his alcohol, or at least better than before.

As he neared the club, he could hear the music flying through the tunnels, and off in the distance, he could faintly make out lights of a varying color. Thus as he neared, closer and closer, he realized, he had arrived. Looking in he noticed an immense throng of people, dancing away, and partaking in drinks at the bar. He took the scene in, aided in part by his eyes, and massive height which allowed him to look over pretty much everyone else in the room. This also made him stand out though, like a sore thumb.

He made his way to the bar, looking down at the bartender, who turned around with a surprise, and small amount of recognition. The bartender none the less smiled, and asked him what he would like. Noticing a drink that he hadn't seen before, and the curiosity of its name, decided to order a feather bed. However he asked for a larger glass than usual since the normal sized glass was just far to small for his stature. He watched as the bartender assembled his drink with skill and swiftness, and thanked him.

He turned, drink in hand, and surveyed the scene around him. All around him people danced, lights flashed through their movements. He did not know how to dance, and had no intentions of trying, without proper motivation, from perhaps Fraha. He wondered how she was, he had been meaning to talk to her, they had much to do.

He looked from side to side, trying to locate an alcove, or a chair. He needed to sit down, and relax. He needed to fade into the crowd, and not draw attention, he admittedly felt awkward. As he shifted through the crowd, he noticed a familiar head popping up out of the crowd by some chairs. He wondered if she noticed him, it was Iosha. Upon seeing her he thought back to the incident with the Deks.

He made his way over to her, and noticed that she was talking with another Inartan woman. He decided to wait a moment, and then introduce himself into their midst.

After a few moments, and a sip or two of his drink, which had a pleasantly fruity taste, that reminded him of the wild berries of his youth, he moved to join them. Hovering over them like a giant, he smiled and said rather boastfully "Iosha, long time no see! I am glad to see you have healed. We should toast to your health". When he had introduced himself he imagined that he would have surprised Iosha, and in doing so he had spread his arms wide, so as to offer her the opportunity of a hug if she so chose to give him one.
Ishgrameer Windwalker
In flight, you are free

Words: 57893
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Free drinks for all!

Postby Kanri on March 6th, 2013, 4:00 am

Kanri was never really one for drinking. She did not like the taste of alcohol. It was so weird... even worse, she did not like the smell. But today, Inclement Weather was offering free drinks. And, convinced she'd grow a taste for it "when she got older", which could be today at this point, she decided to make a rare visit to the club.

Once there, she immediately regretted coming. The lights were crazy and the room was fairly dark. It was daunting. But instead of leaving, like a sensible person, Kanri marched on around the edge of the partiers and moved towards the bar.

The bartender moved towards where she was waiting and asked a question but it was too loud to hear. Not that it was bad music, but it was so loud. Then again, what else did bartenders ask but "Can I help you?" Kanri moved up to the bar and projected her voice as loudly as she could, asking to see a menu. But as she started reading all of it, she realized she had no clue what any of the stuff tasted like. So, she asked for the Weather Surprise. The man had a mischievous glint in his eyes and got her a small of a glass of something or another. Kanri thanked him n moved away, as tempted as she was to just sit there and watch. She wanted to challenge herself to stop being so shy and get out some for a change. She saw someone she sorta knew, a woman named Iosha, who she had seen around last fall. So, she moved over to that little cubby-hole and took a little leap of faith.

"Hello, may I sit with you people?" Kanri asked. She supposed it was a rhetorical question, took one of the open seats, quietly sipped her drink, and listened to the others chat.

Her drink surprised her; It was very fruity and it did not taste very alcoholic. Perhaps there wasn't any alcohol in it after all...
Kanri
A Sparrow Among Eagles

Words: 107623
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Free drinks for all!

Postby Kitchi on March 6th, 2013, 10:31 am

Kitchi noticed the smirk of amusement on the strangers face as she leaned towards her.
“It nice to meet you Kitchi! To answer your question, I am a Konti from the Island of Mura on the eastern side of Mizahar.” Kitchi’s blue eyes lit as she heard the worlds, a Konti? She had never met a Konti before, did not even know anything about them. She took another moment to admire the glimmer of scales, the blonde hair, the violet eyes of the stranger. “My people are the product between the love of Laviku and Avalis, so my people share a special connection to the ocean.” The stranger said with another warm smile. Kitchi took a sip from her drink as the stranger did too. “If you look closely at my forehead, you will able to see my scales shimmer of lights.” Kitchi admired the shimmering scales that decorated the pale skin of the stranger. They were quite pretty and the pride that edged her voice was obvious. Kitchi was excited to meet another race however she focused on remaining still, not letting it show. In another light, place she might have investigated further, inquired as to any special abilities,
“I am going to take a stab in the dark, Kitchi, but if I was a betting woman, I would bet all my pinions that you are a Inarta.” The stranger said with a smirk and Kitchi couldn’t help but laugh. “Yes, I am hundred percent sure that you are a Inarta. Your fiery red hair is a definite give away!” Kitchi touched her hair as the stranger turned away, closing her eyes and listening to the beat of the music that rang around the oval shaped room. , “By the way Kitchi, you have beautiful blue eyes. When I look into them, I feel like I am staring up into a clear sky.” The stranger spoke again and Kitchi froze, she knew the stranger was try to be nice but she still turned away, letting her fiery hair sway in the way. From behind the faint curtain of hair she glanced towards the dance floor once more, it was filled with people dancing away the snow, celebrating the opening of the pass. She noticed a guy slipping towards him, a glance towards her and he seemed to pause, was she scary? Kitchi tore her attention away from him, it obviously was not important.
"Iosha, long time no see! I am glad to see you have healed. We should toast to your health" The male appeared besides them suddenly and Kitchi almost jumped. Iosha? Was that the strangers name? She hadn’t asked, being so focused on her blonde hair and violet eyes.She frowned at the mention of Iosha needing healing, she wondered how she had been injured, was it serious? Or trivial? She thought for a moment and decided not to ask, it probably did not matter if she was well enough to be in the dance club.
"Hello, may I sit with you people?" Another person appeared, a young girl. Kitchi observed the girl, how old was she? Old enough to be in here? Another thought Kitchi discarded, no use causing disruption. Kitchi nodded at the girl, although she wasn’t sure if she noticed.
Kitchi
The brave little bird.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Free drinks for all!

Postby Iosha on March 7th, 2013, 3:30 am

Iosha raised an eyebrow when the woman went stiff and looked away when she mentioned about Kitchi beautiful blue eyes. She was wondering if it was a sore spot with the Inarta because those eyes would set her apart from the other Inarta with mostly green and gold eyes. She was about say something to the embarrassed woman. However, she was interrupted when the giant Ishgrameer appeared out of nowhere and made his appearance to her with a loud booming voice and his arms spread wide for her. She whirled around and smiled at the giant human. She walked over and gave the man a hug. When she was done hugging him, she looked up at him and said with silly grin, “I am going to get a neck strain looking up at you, Ishy. To answer you question, yes, I do think we should toast my health because I don't know how much my luck will hold up in the spring. Honestly Ishy, I think the mountain is trying to kill me!”

After her joke, Iosha gave the tall man a wink, and she decided to introduce him to Kitchi, “Ishgrameer, I would like to introduce you Kitchi.” Iosha smirked at the blue eyes woman, and she said with a giggle, “Kitchi and I are trying to hold up the wall at the moment, Ishy.” She put a finger on her red lips, shook her head, and said jokily, “It might be the other way around, but it all depends on the amount of drinks. I had so far.” Iosha took a sip of her drink, and she saw Kanri slip into the chairs next to them. She smiled at the young Inarta wondered if it was her first time at the club. She decided to let Ishgrameer and Kitchi to know each other better, and she slipped into the chair next to Kanri and said loud enough to her over the bass line, “It good to see you again, Kanri. Is it your first time at the club?” Iosha knew she might be being overly friendly, but she didn't know many people in Wind Reach, so she was eager to get to know the people who entered her life.
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Free drinks for all!

Postby Ardal on March 7th, 2013, 6:13 am

Ardal very much enjoyed parties he wasn’t much of a socializer but he liked the energy of it all. The weather had gotten so warm so quick. It was finally warm enough not to have to wear heavy clothes they were too restrictive for his liking. He had heard a rumor that the drinks would be free; and he was broke and thirsty.

He walked into the room being bombarded with noise it was louder than he was expecting. It was giving him a bit of a head ach but it was tolerable. He made his way up to the bar the bartender asked for his order and ordered a simple ale, the bartender smiled and turned to the large cask behind him and filled a flagon from the tap. He had the drink in hand as he scanned the crowd seeing dancing, talking, and laughing, standard to any large party really.

He noticed Kanri talking to a group of people he recognized some of them from the events that happened last fall. But, he just wanted to see Kanri again. He had asked her out over the winter but they didn’t do much else other than talking to each other as there paths crossed or the simple hello. This would be a good chance to make some friends. He would also like to take an opportunity to ask Kanri to dance.

He made his way to the table. With a smile, “Hi, Kanri it’s been a long time, eh?” He took a sip from his drink and placed it on the table. “Hey, Kanri, do you want to dance?” he turned to the rest of the table meekly adding “Oh, sorry about my manners, my name is Ardal.” Even if she declined a dance he’d sit with the group and try to socialize.
Ardal
coming out of his shell

Words: 21609
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Character sheet

Free drinks for all!

Postby Kitchi on March 7th, 2013, 11:51 am

Kitchi noticed the tall male breaking away from a hug with Iosha, vaguely remembered the jokes she had told.
“Ishgrameer, I would like to introduce you Kitchi.” Kitch twisted around as she heard her name mentioned again and glanced towards the male, paying more attention. His eyes were rounder then Kitchi expected, with large pupils that shone orange. The orange was unusual, almost unnatural looking. Even those with similar eyes only seemed to have various shades of dark orange, not the almost owl like orange before her. He wore feathers in his long braided hair and she found herself admiring them. They were pretty and very much suited to Wind Reach and its residents. Kitchi had never partook in the fashion of typing feathers to her hair but part of her wanted to see how the silky soft feathers would look against her bright red hair. In the brown and white of the tall males hair it seemed almost natural. Iosha slipped away, moving towards the child who had appeared and starting to engage in conversation and Kitchi was left standing with the strange tall man.
‘I like your feathers, they are wonderfully pretty’ Kitchi blurted out, she felt like she had to say something but exactly what she was unsure. Part of her argued she had said something foolish that she would be mocked for but another part argued it was fine, a simple compliment, nothing more. Kitchi noticed another male appear, smaller. He had red hair, definitely an Inarta. The small boy moved towards the small girl immediately, did he recognise her? Where they friends? He spoke but Kitchi did not pay attention, the looming figure above her commanding her attention. She wondered why Iosha had moved away from them, she seemed friendly towards him
Kitchi
The brave little bird.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next