[Windmount Stables] A Home for Mike (Wolf)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 14th, 2010, 8:12 pm

3rd Summer, 510 A.V.

The Stables were built on a sprawling plot of green abutting the walls of Stormhold Castle, deep within the heart of the City of Syliras. There were three main barns: one for stallions, one for mares and foals, and one for the finished horses, and those for sale. And more and more and more. Sam was still impressed by the facilities here, more stable and permanent than what he remembered from the Sea of Grass.

He spent the morning exercising several geldings while their stables were mucked by less lucky stablehands. When he was given a bit of a break, he walked up to the main entrance to the facilities, the better to people-watch.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Wolf Flynn on June 16th, 2010, 1:46 am

3 Summer, 510 AV

Coming back from a day of searching the area and planning his journey, Wolf came back into town through the main gates with his horse, Mike in tow. With the thoughts of what he was going to do to begin his journey, he stopped on the inside and sat beside the gates with Mike beside him. Wondering what he would do to take care of Mike before the journey, and how he was going to take care of him after the journey started, he sat and kept his thoughts to himself seeming as though he had much on his mind.
Wolf Flynn
Player

Words: 5399
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 8:41 am
Race: Human

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 16th, 2010, 2:13 am

When the man led his horse within sight of the Stables, Sam looked at the horse first. Horses made more sense to him than people did for the most part, but then he had felt a closer bond to his own mount than most people he had met in the past couple of years.

It was strange to see a man riding a sleigh horse rather having it hitched to a wagon or some such.

"Lose your wagon?" he called, no rancor in his voice, just good humor.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wolf Flynn on June 16th, 2010, 3:11 am

"No," Wolf replied, confused by the man's interest in him. "This horse was passed down to me by my father, and I promised to take good care of him. We are more than man and horse, we are companions." He turned back to his thoughts not feeling up to introducing himself. He wandered why this man would show interest in him, as he had been poor for so long.
Wolf Flynn
Player

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 16th, 2010, 3:20 am

Sam's clothes marked him as rather poor himself, and he was hanging out at the entrance of the Stables where it was moderately easy to tell he had been toiling. He smiled, though. He understood companionship with a horse.

"Well, we've the finest stables in Syliras right here if you're looking to put him up in style."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wolf Flynn on June 16th, 2010, 3:40 am

"My name is Wolf," he said as he got up and went to shake the man's hand. "I would be interested in knowing who you are." Wolf noticed the man had the same kind of companionship for horses he did, as he could tell by the way Sam acted. "And what do you mean by put him up in style? He prefers to be free and travel the lands, although taking care of him can become quite a task."
Wolf Flynn
Player

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 16th, 2010, 1:28 pm

"Sam," he said, shaking the man's hand. He looked the man over, as he did everyone with whom he came into contact. He hadn't survived as long as he had by being unaware of his surroundings and the people in them. Wolf looked to be about his same age, perhaps a hair shorter, and a bit thicker. Well, Sam didn't always get regular meals.

He smiled.

"Welcome to Syliras. My own equine companion prefers the out of doors as well, but the knights prefer if people stay within the city walls. Makes it easier to protect 'em in case of, you know, emergency, attack, monsters, whatever. These here are the Windmount Stables. They cater to the knights and to people looking to buy a proper horse. But... well, don't tell anyone I said, but you might try Traveler's Row. Rooms built right into the city walls. They take short-term and long-term boarders. You get access to some public baths and stables. That way you don't have to stay far from your companion."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wolf Flynn on June 17th, 2010, 5:34 pm

"Nice to meet you Sam," Wolf replies. "I don't know if I would be able to afford the Traveler's Row though. And what of my journey? If I leave wouldn't the payments not mean anything? Also I don't think my training as far as horses is good enough to take proper care of him on the journey." Wolf seemed to be a bit nervous about how he would handle his money and his horse at the same time. He wondered why Sam would take any interest in him, and if this was a normal gesture of kindness or if he was going to use him.
Wolf Flynn
Player

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on June 17th, 2010, 6:08 pm

"Well, Wolf... they really are reasonable, and should be able to find something to fit your means. They rent by the day if need be, so should you have to leave on your journey, that won't be a problem. But if you can't take care of your horse properly, you probably shouldn't leave town. We offer riding and horsemanship lessons here, if you're of a mind to learn." He hitched his thumb over his shoulder, indicating the Windmount Stables.

If Wolf stuck around and got to know Sam, he would find that he was rather cheerful and helpful by nature. Of course, he wouldn't mind making a few mizas teaching more lessons, but the way he saw it, his work made for a win-win situation for all involved.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wolf Flynn on June 18th, 2010, 3:42 pm

"But wouldn't training cost money?" Wolf replied. "I could afford a bit, but it would mean I wouldn't have too much as far as taking care of my horse after that, and I also need food to keep me going on." Wolf seemed nervous about the training, but really wanted to take it. "I will train at the stables, but only if I can get a reasonable price." Wolf stated. Wolf wondered if after this training was over, if he would have enough left to do other things, but Mike was really important to him, and he wanted to know how to take care of him.
Wolf Flynn
Player

Next