Makutsi

Goddess of Rivers, Streams, Oasis' and Rain.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Makutsi

Postby Gossamer on March 11th, 2013, 7:55 am

Makutsi

ImageThe daughter of Laviku, Makutsi is the goddess of rain, rivers, water, springs, lakes, and oases. Wild, passionate, and about as solid as quicksilver, when she is visiting, one is well aware of it. A favourite in Taloba as one of the preferred deities of the Myrians, Makutsi regularly floods the the enormous rain forest of Falyndar, cleansing and bringing celebration and sustenance. She is also worshiped throughout Mizahar, particularly by the Charodae of Charbosi and the nomadic Chaktawe. One of her popular shrines is Owehlai Falls in southern Falyndar. Legends say that those who conquer it are sometimes congratulated by the Goddess herself.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Makutsi

Postby Jh'eon on June 19th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Season of Summer, Day 19, 513 AV

Riverfall

Jh'eon sat by the river, leading to the waterfall in Riverfall. He prayed up to the goddess Makutsi, whom the Charodae hailed. He had preferred her over Caiyha and always sought her for comfort. He began the prayer. "Thank you, Makutsi, daughter of Laviku, God of the Sea, for listening to my prayers over the years. I ask you protect those water dwellers whom I hold dear to my heart. Especially my sister, Ole'ah, who is foolish to dare travel the Sea of Grass." He paused and continued. "I hope, that she will be safe from any harm and dangers that the Grass may pose to her. I hope she can overcome any dangers that attempt to take her life. And should your protection not be enough, let the cycle of Caiyha continue. I thank you Makutsi for the waters which I was brought up in as a child, for the happy times that I once had before the death of my father, mother, two of my sisters and...brother..." He was stuttering now. "J-Just thank you..." He stood up, trembling and walked off for home.
Jh'eon
Player

Words: 32412
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2013, 8:47 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Makutsi

Postby Tinnok on November 2nd, 2013, 4:04 pm

1st of Fall, 513 AV

Sometimes one thought too much, planned too much, hurt too much. Tinnok was tired of thinking, planning, trying to figure out her future and where it lay.

That morning she woke up in the nook of a great jungle tree, shocked awake by the bucketfuls of rain pouring down through the canopy above her. At first panicked that she was about to meet some horrible end the half breed shot up like soldier tardy for training, dagger in hand, yellow eyes glancing wildly in one direction, then another.

Once she realized the source of her awaked-ness the knife was lowered and Tinnok couldn't help, but laugh at herself. "Good Morning to you too, Makutsi." She said with a chuckle and stood up and stretched, looking around at the drenched jungle. There was something the half breed had always found comforting about the patter of large raindrops reverberating off foliage and the ground, bark and bromeliads. Making sure her pack and weapons (save for two daggers) were secure and dry under an umbrella leaf, she strode out to the edge of one of the large tree branches, and watched the rain fall, hair soaked, rivulets of water dripping off of her arms and legs, and creating a small stream off of the tip of her nose.

"GOOD MORNING FALYNDAR!" She screamed out into the wet jungle. "WHAT SHALL WE DO TODAY?!" Silence and rainfall answered her back, and Tinnok cocked her head as if listening.

"Play in the mud? How undignified. Jump form this height? I couldn't possibly...oh? Oh? Hrm...perhaps that is just the thing this morning calls for." Spotting a supporting branch on a nearby tree, Tinnok rubbed her feet experimentally on the wet bark and took a running leap forward off of her perch, catapulting herself towards the neighboring tree.

Of course, it was raining, and the half breed didn't seem to get in her head the idea of slippery branches on wet bare feet.

"PETCHING PETCH!" She howled, her fingers missing her mark by a good couple feet, body toppling through branches, twisting and gyrating as she reached blindly for a hand hold. Her fall was stopped by a nice large branch catching her in the gut, and knocking the wind out of her lungs. When the air did return all she could do was laugh at her own idiocy, and take the climb back up the tree much more carefully than before.

Upon reaching the top of the tree she checked to see if her stuff still seemed in good condition, catching the tip of the leaf, then turned around to find herself face to face with a female orangutan, whose red fur looked nearly black, soaked in rain as it was. The oddly shaped primate stared blankly at Tinnok, huddled against the tree, and Tinnok laughed again. "It was a good show, I thought." The orangutan seemed nonplussed.

Tinnok rubbed her head and sat down next to the soaked creature, staring out once more at the scenery. When she glanced back, her neighbor offered her a pinkish round fruit. Tinnok smiled and accepted the offered fruit with a bow of her head. "Thank you friend." The monkey pulled out another of the fruits and swallowed it in one gulp, but Tinnok took a bit more time with hers, cutting it into sections and eating it slowly. She glanced up into the sky, getting several raindrops directly into her eyes for the trouble, and smiled.

"We thank you for the rain, Makutsi, it is always needed, always wanted. Your company always brings a smile to my face" She settled in next to her new friend and spent most the rest of the day enjoying the Rain Goddess's gift.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)