[Bronze Wood] The Trouble with Bears (Aiken)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 5th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Sam put the brushes away and washed his hands in the stream again, knowing the waters had rushed the remains of the rabbit carcass downstream and offering him clean water. Unless someone had dumped the remains of a carcass in upstream to bump against his hands... he had always wondered about things like that as a child... but it would have been diluted and so he figured he was safe.

"I was a Drykas before I was a slave," he said, wondering at how easily the truth came these days, like it wanted to be known, like it was preparing the way for something -- perhaps that something or someone for which or for whom he was waiting in Syliras. He unbuckled the leather cuff around his left wrist to show Aikan the delicate, intricate windmark tattoo. It was small, but it was supposed to be the beginning of a story that would travel up his arm and across the rest of his body if he lived a long and eventful life like his grandfather the Ankal.

"I suppose we were more like a pack, our pavilion, and we had our herds that we shepherded. Because we could fight. But the herds were part of us too... so a herd with teeth, then. Or a herd and a pack working together. I don't know. It doesn't really matter anymore. They came upon us in the darkness and our teeth weren't enough."

He felt a hot rush of tears welling up, but he choked them back down, not wanting to break down in front of the strange kelvic. Likely it would be best to remain stoic. If his nature was more lupine than human, he would not respect weakness.

"Anyway, I'll eat meat, too. I just have to cook it. I can only manage raw when I'm starving."

With that, he went about gathering wood.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aiken on July 8th, 2010, 1:13 am

Aiken looked at the mark. He thought he recognized it, but couldn't be entirely certain about it. It was definitely the start of an intricate design that would have deeper meaning than visual, and one that Aiken probably wouldn't understand.

"I know how it feels. Really." He did his best to empathize, but it wasn't anything he was used to. Wolves felt pain, they felt pain as deep as any other being. But there was no time for sympathy in the wild. The beasts would still rip you to shreds, uncaring towards your sadness or anger.
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 8th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Sam glanced back at Aiken, a couple branches already cradled in one arm. Sometimes a gruff sort of compassion could be far and away better than an effusive embrace and shared tears. He smiled.

"Thanks, Aiken Bear-killer."

And then he wandered off to find more wood.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kelpie on July 31st, 2010, 1:58 am

Sam'ael: +2 Riding, +2 Scimitar, +4 Rhetoric, +3 Medicine, +1 Climbing, +1 Trapping, +3 Skinning, +1 Food Preservation

Lore: Curved-Sword-Bear-Stabber,Makeshift Medicine for a Wolf and a Horse, Making Use of a Bear’s Corpse, Kelvic Shapeshifting, Unexpected Friendships

Aiken: +1 Tracking, +2 Hunting, +2 Unarmed combat, +2 Persuasion, +1 Swimming, +1 Skinning

Lore: Saving a Boy and his Horse, Frailty of the Human Form, Human Hospitality, The Comfort of Companionship

Mod Note: That was such a sweet and wonderful thread. Great read, enjoyed it!
Kelpie
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Words: 144278
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2010, 1:27 am
Location: DS of Lhavit, Mod abilities in Lhavit and Unforgiving
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous